Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | In Shadow of the Gods-Nuzlocke-COMPLETE
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 62 63
@Kaial I feel ya. I'm waiting for lair tabs to come out too so that I can finally organize my subclans. And I agree that Bogsneaks are great. I love their little uglycute faces! (Even if I have trouble dressing them sometimes :P)
@Kaial I feel ya. I'm waiting for lair tabs to come out too so that I can finally organize my subclans. And I agree that Bogsneaks are great. I love their little uglycute faces! (Even if I have trouble dressing them sometimes :P)
Na5WGHa.png
Crossroads

It had been a long time since Edan had gone to check the postboard. Not since he’d found those eggs months ago.
He hadn’t come close to having the time for it.

But the kids were out hunting, and Rorin was old enough to listen to what he said. He decided it was time for a day trip, and told them both that he and Rorin would be gone until sundown.

Edan had been a bit concerned the little mirror wouldn’t be able to keep still, but Rorin was enthralled by the sight of the trees below as he sat on his back, secured by the strap of his satchels.

“It’s so windy!” he shouted, letting out a squeal of delight as he peered over Edan’s shoulder.

“Sure is,” Edan replied, a bit gruffer than intended. Rorin was fearless, and it worried him at times. “No so loud, buddy. That carries.”

Rorin hunkered down, his tiny claws grasping at Edan’s shoulder strap. He grumbled, then hummed to himself, fidgeting with the leather.
“Where are we going again?”

“Outpost.”

“What is that?”

“It’s uh, a place where lots of people pass through,” Edan replied. “A place at paths a lot of dragons take.”

Rorin mumbled to himself again, and Edan could feel him tugging at the leather before letting it drop back down. “Why?”

“Because… when a lot of dragons are going in the same direction in the same area it makes sense to have a road, and places to rest along the way.”

“Why?”

“Because… I have a feeling you aren’t listening to me.”

“Why?”

Edan snorted.
“Because I said so.”

“Hmmmmm,” Rorin murmured, tugging on the satchels once more before taking the strap in his teeth. “M’kay.”

“No pal, have this instead,” Edan pulled a zeeba horn from one of his bags and quickly passing it for him to teethe on.

The outpost was quiet when they got there. Edan couldn’t pick up any sign of life in the immediate area - which was preferable for him, though Rorin seemed a little disappointed.

There was a new scrap of paper pinned to the postboard from a name he recognized, and someone else had pinned a stuffed toridae up. Edan let Rorin down to stretch his legs, and took down the doll to offer to him.

Rorin pounced on the doll, then draped it over his back and ran at full pelt through the barren promenade, making ‘whooshing’ noises as he went.

Edan stifled a chuckle before quickly writing his thanks on the board.

It was later than Edan wanted by the time they got back. The sun had already set; there was hardly any hint of light on the horizon, and clouds were rolling in.

Rorin had been dozing for the last hour or so, occasionally stirring and tightening the grip on his new doll before drifting off once more.

The gentle light from their home was like a beacon in the near-pitch darkness. Rorin somehow stayed asleep as Edan landed, skidding on the rough earth before walking the last few metres and unlocking the door.

Ila looked up from her sewing and smiled, opening her mouth to speak before noting the sleeping Rorin nestled on his back. She stood up and carefully unstrapped the hatchling before taking him and his plush over to the fabric-filled basket that made his bed.

Edan was soothed by the sight for a moment.

Just a moment. But then he looked around the room.

“Ila…” he began, hissing under his breath. “Where’s Solveig?”

“Oh, right,” the nocturne replied, shrugging. “I said I was getting tired and wanted to go home, but they insisted on staying out and doing a bit more foraging.”

What? I told you to never go alone,” Edan snapped, not reacting when Rorin let out a questioning whine.

“Well, I said that but they were like ‘I can heal myself,’ and…” Ila trailed off, blinking. “You know, it does sound really stupid when I say it. I’ll go look for them.”

“No you won’t,” Edan replied, trying to suppress his horror. “You are not wandering off into the night if you don’t even know where they went! Ila, what were you thinking?”

“Don’t blame me!” the nocturne snapped back, but horror began to creep into her expression. “They made it sound so sensible I didn’t even - oh gods. And it’s nightfall now and they’re not back I got so caught up in my sewing - ”

At once the nocturne was holding her head in her hands and sobbing. Edan felt a twinge of guilt amidst his panic.

“Look, Ila - Ila, don’t cry,” he stammered. “I’m sorry. I have to go look. I know the forest at least. Look after Rorin. I’ll be back.”

He turned and hurried out the door, not waiting for her reply. He could hear Rorin cry out her name as he took off.

There was no hint of moonlight through the clouds, and the wind had picked up, bringing with it a bitter cold.

Edan navigated through his second sight; watching below for any flicker of body heat that was close to the Solveig’s size.

He had, horrifyingly, already seen something much bigger. A colossal serpentine shape that darted through the forest under him with a speed he couldn’t fathom.

A tunneling hydra was the best case scenario, and even then, Solveig would have met their death by it if they’d crossed paths. Edan had hurried away from it, and somehow couldn’t pick up a trace of it since returning.

Since then, it had only been small flicks of light. Rabbits, birds, squirrels, things like that.

His panic had ebbed away, replaced with a grim sense of duty that had brought with it a stark and unpleasant calm. He was looking for fading lights, now. Dragon-sized, or smaller, and unmoving. Something to bring home, bury, and mourn alongside his own failing.

And then he saw it. Saw them, and all at once his heart was ready to burst in his chest once more.

The mirror dived downward, built up tension and fear he’d not even been aware of releasing in a long and furious scream as he went, pine trees whipping against his sides as he plunged toward the aura - which jumped at the horrific sound.

He landed, plunging his talons into the mossy underbrush and holding fast.

Solveig stood in front of him.

“…Edan?” the pearlcatcher asked, their usually calm voice wavering.

“You. Do not. Go off on your own,” Edan snarled, bracing himself as he felt his body begin to shake. “And we are going home. Now.”

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed, @cgnx, @arinemera

Okay here's the full update~
Crossroads

It had been a long time since Edan had gone to check the postboard. Not since he’d found those eggs months ago.
He hadn’t come close to having the time for it.

But the kids were out hunting, and Rorin was old enough to listen to what he said. He decided it was time for a day trip, and told them both that he and Rorin would be gone until sundown.

Edan had been a bit concerned the little mirror wouldn’t be able to keep still, but Rorin was enthralled by the sight of the trees below as he sat on his back, secured by the strap of his satchels.

“It’s so windy!” he shouted, letting out a squeal of delight as he peered over Edan’s shoulder.

“Sure is,” Edan replied, a bit gruffer than intended. Rorin was fearless, and it worried him at times. “No so loud, buddy. That carries.”

Rorin hunkered down, his tiny claws grasping at Edan’s shoulder strap. He grumbled, then hummed to himself, fidgeting with the leather.
“Where are we going again?”

“Outpost.”

“What is that?”

“It’s uh, a place where lots of people pass through,” Edan replied. “A place at paths a lot of dragons take.”

Rorin mumbled to himself again, and Edan could feel him tugging at the leather before letting it drop back down. “Why?”

“Because… when a lot of dragons are going in the same direction in the same area it makes sense to have a road, and places to rest along the way.”

“Why?”

“Because… I have a feeling you aren’t listening to me.”

“Why?”

Edan snorted.
“Because I said so.”

“Hmmmmm,” Rorin murmured, tugging on the satchels once more before taking the strap in his teeth. “M’kay.”

“No pal, have this instead,” Edan pulled a zeeba horn from one of his bags and quickly passing it for him to teethe on.

The outpost was quiet when they got there. Edan couldn’t pick up any sign of life in the immediate area - which was preferable for him, though Rorin seemed a little disappointed.

There was a new scrap of paper pinned to the postboard from a name he recognized, and someone else had pinned a stuffed toridae up. Edan let Rorin down to stretch his legs, and took down the doll to offer to him.

Rorin pounced on the doll, then draped it over his back and ran at full pelt through the barren promenade, making ‘whooshing’ noises as he went.

Edan stifled a chuckle before quickly writing his thanks on the board.

It was later than Edan wanted by the time they got back. The sun had already set; there was hardly any hint of light on the horizon, and clouds were rolling in.

Rorin had been dozing for the last hour or so, occasionally stirring and tightening the grip on his new doll before drifting off once more.

The gentle light from their home was like a beacon in the near-pitch darkness. Rorin somehow stayed asleep as Edan landed, skidding on the rough earth before walking the last few metres and unlocking the door.

Ila looked up from her sewing and smiled, opening her mouth to speak before noting the sleeping Rorin nestled on his back. She stood up and carefully unstrapped the hatchling before taking him and his plush over to the fabric-filled basket that made his bed.

Edan was soothed by the sight for a moment.

Just a moment. But then he looked around the room.

“Ila…” he began, hissing under his breath. “Where’s Solveig?”

“Oh, right,” the nocturne replied, shrugging. “I said I was getting tired and wanted to go home, but they insisted on staying out and doing a bit more foraging.”

What? I told you to never go alone,” Edan snapped, not reacting when Rorin let out a questioning whine.

“Well, I said that but they were like ‘I can heal myself,’ and…” Ila trailed off, blinking. “You know, it does sound really stupid when I say it. I’ll go look for them.”

“No you won’t,” Edan replied, trying to suppress his horror. “You are not wandering off into the night if you don’t even know where they went! Ila, what were you thinking?”

“Don’t blame me!” the nocturne snapped back, but horror began to creep into her expression. “They made it sound so sensible I didn’t even - oh gods. And it’s nightfall now and they’re not back I got so caught up in my sewing - ”

At once the nocturne was holding her head in her hands and sobbing. Edan felt a twinge of guilt amidst his panic.

“Look, Ila - Ila, don’t cry,” he stammered. “I’m sorry. I have to go look. I know the forest at least. Look after Rorin. I’ll be back.”

He turned and hurried out the door, not waiting for her reply. He could hear Rorin cry out her name as he took off.

There was no hint of moonlight through the clouds, and the wind had picked up, bringing with it a bitter cold.

Edan navigated through his second sight; watching below for any flicker of body heat that was close to the Solveig’s size.

He had, horrifyingly, already seen something much bigger. A colossal serpentine shape that darted through the forest under him with a speed he couldn’t fathom.

A tunneling hydra was the best case scenario, and even then, Solveig would have met their death by it if they’d crossed paths. Edan had hurried away from it, and somehow couldn’t pick up a trace of it since returning.

Since then, it had only been small flicks of light. Rabbits, birds, squirrels, things like that.

His panic had ebbed away, replaced with a grim sense of duty that had brought with it a stark and unpleasant calm. He was looking for fading lights, now. Dragon-sized, or smaller, and unmoving. Something to bring home, bury, and mourn alongside his own failing.

And then he saw it. Saw them, and all at once his heart was ready to burst in his chest once more.

The mirror dived downward, built up tension and fear he’d not even been aware of releasing in a long and furious scream as he went, pine trees whipping against his sides as he plunged toward the aura - which jumped at the horrific sound.

He landed, plunging his talons into the mossy underbrush and holding fast.

Solveig stood in front of him.

“…Edan?” the pearlcatcher asked, their usually calm voice wavering.

“You. Do not. Go off on your own,” Edan snarled, bracing himself as he felt his body begin to shake. “And we are going home. Now.”

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed, @cgnx, @arinemera

Okay here's the full update~
Kai - Al (There's only 1 L!)
[Call me Kai!] [30s,They/Them]
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
f18d31cc350d038f8fdc1052107773b5e5669843.png
- Accent Shop!
- Hatchathon: Egg a Day 2024!
- In Shadow of the Gods: A Nuzlocke (Complete!)
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@Kaial Haha the mental image of Edan plunging through the trees with a sound like RRRRREEEEEEEEEE amuses me
@Kaial Haha the mental image of Edan plunging through the trees with a sound like RRRRREEEEEEEEEE amuses me
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@Kaial
Could I be added to your pinglist?
Solveig you worried your new dadEdan.

It'll be so exciting to read this story as it develops!
I can't wait to see how your friends stories will interweave with yours.
Have they started early as well?
@Kaial
Could I be added to your pinglist?
Solveig you worried your new dadEdan.

It'll be so exciting to read this story as it develops!
I can't wait to see how your friends stories will interweave with yours.
Have they started early as well?
GD7On40.png
@ArgenteaMoon

Preeetty much.

@Weredogalism

Absolutely! Thank you! And @nwn has started theirs up!
@ArgenteaMoon

Preeetty much.

@Weredogalism

Absolutely! Thank you! And @nwn has started theirs up!
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@Weredogalism

Yep! Mine's right here! I'm new to Nuzlockes so I'm playing modified baby rules. Haven't. Posted chapter 2 yet cause holidays. But my WIPs are in Smokey's profile.
@Weredogalism

Yep! Mine's right here! I'm new to Nuzlockes so I'm playing modified baby rules. Haven't. Posted chapter 2 yet cause holidays. But my WIPs are in Smokey's profile.
Ping me pretty please! I love seeing responses!
Hello friends I'm just writing here to remark on my RIDICULOUS LUCK so far with this locke
knocks on wood

I just got a fire egg scavenging. I have a backlog of FIVE eggs. Just waiting for lair space. How?

How

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed, @cgnx, @arinemera, @Weredogalism
Hello friends I'm just writing here to remark on my RIDICULOUS LUCK so far with this locke
knocks on wood

I just got a fire egg scavenging. I have a backlog of FIVE eggs. Just waiting for lair space. How?

How

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed, @cgnx, @arinemera, @Weredogalism
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Nice! Wish I could get that many eggs.
Nice! Wish I could get that many eggs.
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/PB9d7_d.png[/img][/center]
PB9d7_d.png
sig_me.pngsig_art.pngsig_f2u.png
@IronPen

I bet you will one day

@Dovalore

Edan rn
@IronPen

I bet you will one day

@Dovalore

Edan rn
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 62 63