Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | In Shadow of the Gods-Nuzlocke-COMPLETE
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 62 63
Hey guys!

I hope you don't mind more random non-chapter updates (tell me if so and I'll make a separate pinglist!) but I wanted to let you all know that The Postboard is now live!

The Postboard is going to be used by my nuzlocke partners when their runs are active, and might hint at new characters and so on!

You are welcome to post as well, so long as you keep the restrictions that such an area has in mind. c:

Additionally, I have added a link corner to other relevant threads on page 1!

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed, @cgnx, @arinemera, @Weredogalism
Hey guys!

I hope you don't mind more random non-chapter updates (tell me if so and I'll make a separate pinglist!) but I wanted to let you all know that The Postboard is now live!

The Postboard is going to be used by my nuzlocke partners when their runs are active, and might hint at new characters and so on!

You are welcome to post as well, so long as you keep the restrictions that such an area has in mind. c:

Additionally, I have added a link corner to other relevant threads on page 1!

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed, @cgnx, @arinemera, @Weredogalism
Kai - Al (There's only 1 L!)
[Call me Kai!] [30s,They/Them]
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
f18d31cc350d038f8fdc1052107773b5e5669843.png
- Accent Shop!
- Hatchathon: Egg a Day 2024!
- In Shadow of the Gods: A Nuzlocke (Complete!)
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@Farwalker

Thank you very much for your input!
@Farwalker

Thank you very much for your input!
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
[quote name="Farwalker" date="2018-12-22 11:53:09" ] I don't mind non chapter updates ^^ feel free to ping me for anything related to this thread! [/quote] ditto! also i really like the concept of the postboard since it allows non-nuzlocke dragons to indirectly interact with dragons that are in the nuzlocke in a way that makes sense in canon
Farwalker wrote on 2018-12-22 11:53:09:
I don't mind non chapter updates ^^ feel free to ping me for anything related to this thread!
ditto!

also i really like the concept of the postboard since it allows non-nuzlocke dragons to indirectly interact with dragons that are in the nuzlocke in a way that makes sense in canon
sig_me.pngsig_art.pngsig_f2u.png
First Hunt, First Blood

Rorin had grown old enough to hunt. Thank the gods.

Edan had decided the best course of action was to train him up himself, at least until he’d learned enough to head out with Sol and Ila.

The “little mirror” had outgrown his title - a recent growth spurt had brought him to about a head taller than Edan was. It looked ridiculous; he was awkward and gangly, with no muscle mass built at all yet.

They’d be working on that.

“So, first things off,” Edan started, casually scanning the area before speeding up to a trot. “We’re going to get you sprinting.”

“Sprinting?” Rorin questioned, cocking his head to the side before scrambling to keep up.

“Yep! Sprinting! Bursts of speed!” Edan replied, lashing his tail. “You’re a mirror! You’re fast - or you will be once you stop flailing your legs everywhere. There’s nothing around worth catching, so just focus on keeping up. And watch how I move.”

Rorin didn’t have time to respond before Edan was running at full pelt, dashing through the undergrowth with all the speed and poise he could manage. Already far in the distance, he heard Rorin let out a frustrated huff before crashing through the twigs behind him.

“Hah!” Edan snorted, slowing only to cast a glance behind himself. “I already lost you! Use your second sight! Come on!”

He heard Rorin’s distant footfalls stop, then shuffle and change direction.

Edan laughed and resumed his run, now confident the younger mirror was catching up. “Now try to pay attention to what you’re stepping on! Prey will hear you for miles like that.”

Rorin tripped, smacking into a tree’s roots with a loud yelp.

Edan sighed and circled back around, sitting on his haunches next to his prone clanmate.
“So… good start,” he began slowly. Rorin groaned and turned away.

And then he gasped.
“Edan, I see something.”

Edan turned to where the younger mirror was staring in horror, and soon saw just why.

There was something draconic deeper in the trees - no, two things, two heat signatures, one large and one small. The small one was thrashing, and the larger one was simply collapsed on the ground, sleeping or unconscious. Strange bursts of heat - possibly excess magic - seemed to be coming from them.

“Stay behind me, Rorin,” Edan ordered, turning and stalking toward the unknown dragons. “Might need help, might be a trap.”

Rorin shifted to his feet and crept behind him, not saying a word as they carefully made their way over.

There was blood. Lots of blood. Edan was vaguely surprised that the skydancer was still alive, but her heat signature proved it. It was at first hard to tell exactly where it was coming from, but once he rolled her over it was quite obvious.

She’d lost an arm. And recently. The other was wrapped tightly around a flailing hatchling with eyes like he’d never seen before - each was a damned inferno, but there wasn’t time to dwell on that.

“Rorin, I need you to fly ahead and bring Solveig to me,” he said, pulling a wrap from around his wrist and tying off the bleeding stump. “We need their healing magic now if she’s going to survive.”

Hey guys know how I hatched a double from an egg I got in coli?
Well, I just hatched a PRIMAL from an egg I got scavenging.
YEP. I feel like it's karmic payoff for the fact I broke my toe today. Fun fact, I wrote most of this on my phone while waiting at the clinic. ouo;;

It's been a weird day.

First Hunt, First Blood

Rorin had grown old enough to hunt. Thank the gods.

Edan had decided the best course of action was to train him up himself, at least until he’d learned enough to head out with Sol and Ila.

The “little mirror” had outgrown his title - a recent growth spurt had brought him to about a head taller than Edan was. It looked ridiculous; he was awkward and gangly, with no muscle mass built at all yet.

They’d be working on that.

“So, first things off,” Edan started, casually scanning the area before speeding up to a trot. “We’re going to get you sprinting.”

“Sprinting?” Rorin questioned, cocking his head to the side before scrambling to keep up.

“Yep! Sprinting! Bursts of speed!” Edan replied, lashing his tail. “You’re a mirror! You’re fast - or you will be once you stop flailing your legs everywhere. There’s nothing around worth catching, so just focus on keeping up. And watch how I move.”

Rorin didn’t have time to respond before Edan was running at full pelt, dashing through the undergrowth with all the speed and poise he could manage. Already far in the distance, he heard Rorin let out a frustrated huff before crashing through the twigs behind him.

“Hah!” Edan snorted, slowing only to cast a glance behind himself. “I already lost you! Use your second sight! Come on!”

He heard Rorin’s distant footfalls stop, then shuffle and change direction.

Edan laughed and resumed his run, now confident the younger mirror was catching up. “Now try to pay attention to what you’re stepping on! Prey will hear you for miles like that.”

Rorin tripped, smacking into a tree’s roots with a loud yelp.

Edan sighed and circled back around, sitting on his haunches next to his prone clanmate.
“So… good start,” he began slowly. Rorin groaned and turned away.

And then he gasped.
“Edan, I see something.”

Edan turned to where the younger mirror was staring in horror, and soon saw just why.

There was something draconic deeper in the trees - no, two things, two heat signatures, one large and one small. The small one was thrashing, and the larger one was simply collapsed on the ground, sleeping or unconscious. Strange bursts of heat - possibly excess magic - seemed to be coming from them.

“Stay behind me, Rorin,” Edan ordered, turning and stalking toward the unknown dragons. “Might need help, might be a trap.”

Rorin shifted to his feet and crept behind him, not saying a word as they carefully made their way over.

There was blood. Lots of blood. Edan was vaguely surprised that the skydancer was still alive, but her heat signature proved it. It was at first hard to tell exactly where it was coming from, but once he rolled her over it was quite obvious.

She’d lost an arm. And recently. The other was wrapped tightly around a flailing hatchling with eyes like he’d never seen before - each was a damned inferno, but there wasn’t time to dwell on that.

“Rorin, I need you to fly ahead and bring Solveig to me,” he said, pulling a wrap from around his wrist and tying off the bleeding stump. “We need their healing magic now if she’s going to survive.”

Hey guys know how I hatched a double from an egg I got in coli?
Well, I just hatched a PRIMAL from an egg I got scavenging.
YEP. I feel like it's karmic payoff for the fact I broke my toe today. Fun fact, I wrote most of this on my phone while waiting at the clinic. ouo;;

It's been a weird day.

PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Wow, that primal's colours even match. If you get it to level 20 I think you should give it crackle.
Wow, that primal's colours even match. If you get it to level 20 I think you should give it crackle.
LF:
Skin: Euphorbia
flower_fox_signature.png
@Amberclawed

He was scattered! His first colours were almost great (navy/x/orca, but sadly the x was forest) but now they're perfect in my eyes. I'm really into the variation runes gives, personally!
@Amberclawed

He was scattered! His first colours were almost great (navy/x/orca, but sadly the x was forest) but now they're perfect in my eyes. I'm really into the variation runes gives, personally!
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@Kaial ooOOO PRIMAL NICE
@Kaial ooOOO PRIMAL NICE
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@ArgenteaMoon

Fun fact: my end goal in this locke was to hatch a primal. There was later plot stuff that would have explained how it counted as "winning".

BUT I HATCHED FOUR EGGS AND GOT ONE. IT HAPPENED TOO FAST.

So I need to figure something else out lmao
@ArgenteaMoon

Fun fact: my end goal in this locke was to hatch a primal. There was later plot stuff that would have explained how it counted as "winning".

BUT I HATCHED FOUR EGGS AND GOT ONE. IT HAPPENED TOO FAST.

So I need to figure something else out lmao
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@Kaial haha you won too fast. Do the other two you're writing with have the same goal? I noticed @nwn does.
@Kaial haha you won too fast. Do the other two you're writing with have the same goal? I noticed @nwn does.
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@ArgenteaMoon

In the beginning all of us mentioned it being a soft goal. Looks like I have to deviate, but yes! It was part of the very early planning stages. c:
@ArgenteaMoon

In the beginning all of us mentioned it being a soft goal. Looks like I have to deviate, but yes! It was part of the very early planning stages. c:
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 62 63