Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | In Shadow of the Gods-Nuzlocke-COMPLETE
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 62 63
@Weredogalism

Thank you! I made that skin. c:

And yea. His eyes are very much fire. All the time. He gives off a lot of light.
@Weredogalism

Thank you! I made that skin. c:

And yea. His eyes are very much fire. All the time. He gives off a lot of light.
Kai - Al (There's only 1 L!)
[Call me Kai!] [30s,They/Them]
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
f18d31cc350d038f8fdc1052107773b5e5669843.png
- Accent Shop!
- Hatchathon: Egg a Day 2024!
- In Shadow of the Gods: A Nuzlocke (Complete!)
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Oo, nice sketch I'd love to see a family sketch of Edan and his mum and family :D!
Oo, nice sketch I'd love to see a family sketch of Edan and his mum and family :D!
Please click on my babies!
FR time+17
Art-Shop-Button.jpg
Coatl-WC-Imp-Button.png
Wn6vGC1.png
Bb9XFYa.png
7A7cEAI.png
tNgQJvM.png
fDSaoY3.png
NN9NPXA.png
jccRWgS.png
40QQWBU.png
o4KdtaP.png
@Kaial Ooh, could I be added to the pinglist for updates on this? I happened upon the thread, and next thing I knew I'd read through to the most recent entry!
@Kaial Ooh, could I be added to the pinglist for updates on this? I happened upon the thread, and next thing I knew I'd read through to the most recent entry!
@Synchros

Oh wow! I'm glad you enjoyed it enough to read the whole dang thing in one sitting.

I'm happy to add you, thank you. c:
@Synchros

Oh wow! I'm glad you enjoyed it enough to read the whole dang thing in one sitting.

I'm happy to add you, thank you. c:
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@Kaial oh nice art! also! Nature rare eyes on that spud baby! I frickin love nature rare eyes!
@Kaial oh nice art! also! Nature rare eyes on that spud baby! I frickin love nature rare eyes!
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@ArgenteaMoon

Me too! They are SO gorgeous on adult f snappers, too - a rainbow in such a small space.
@ArgenteaMoon

Me too! They are SO gorgeous on adult f snappers, too - a rainbow in such a small space.
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
@kaial what exactly is a nuzlocke? What about a pinkerlocke? This is really good btw
@kaial what exactly is a nuzlocke? What about a pinkerlocke? This is really good btw
@Reee

Please review this page for information on FR nuzlockes in general. As for Pinkerlockes, I've not bothered with them and so don't know too much aside from the fact what you get from him each day determines what you do.
@Reee

Please review this page for information on FR nuzlockes in general. As for Pinkerlockes, I've not bothered with them and so don't know too much aside from the fact what you get from him each day determines what you do.
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
Company

The walk home had been tense, at best.

Edan moved through the winding trees, the newcomers just behind him and Espen at the very back to watch for any sudden moves from the wildclaw or tundra.

He could feel Reika's gaze on him, harsh and scrutinizing. She had been silent throughout the walk - almost eerily so, it was rare to even hear her footfalls.

Tarot's demeanor was quite different. He introduced Edan to the hatchlings on his back, and explained the skydancer was his son and the snapper was Reika's sister. He also asked a few general questions about Edan and where they were headed. Nothing too prying, but still more than Edan really wanted to answer.

To be frank, he was more suspicious of Tarot than he was of Reika. He was too genial. At least the wildclaw didn't seem like she was hiding something.

Evidently, Ciron had warned the others by the time they'd made it to the clan territory.

Clade, Marshall, and Hazel were all outside and standing guard at the borders of the clearing, evidently put on watch once they got home from the morning's hunt.

Ila and Rorin stood silently in front of his house, tensely watching as he led the strangers out into their rough courtyard.

"S'alright," Edan called out, raising a talon to wave at the groups. "Just visitors. We're gonna have a talk."

Ila stepped forward, offering a somewhat forced smile to Tarot and Reika - only to notice the hatchlings with them and cover her mouth in surprise.
"Oh my goodness, how cute!" she said warmly - though Edan could feel the apprehension in her tone. "My name is Ila, it's a pleasure to meet you all."

"Ila, we're gonna be heading into the house, could you go in and move the hatchlings for us before then?" Edan asked, his voice nonchalant as he silently prayed the nocturne got the hint.

"Oh, I've already taken care of that," Ila replied lightly, nodding. "Everyone in there's been moved to the other house. Clara and Angie are watching them right now!"

"Good," Edan stifled a relieved sigh. "I'd like you to come with us, and Hazel?"

The skydancer snapped to attention. "Y-yes, Edan?"

"You as well, just to monitor things," Edan nodded toward the door. "Come on, with me."

Inside, Ila busied herself at the kitchen, boiling water for tea and rifling through their food stores.
"Can I offer you anything to eat?" she offered, turning to look at the new dragons gathered around the table. "I'll have tea for you all in a few minutes."

"No," Reika replied bluntly, before adding a quick "thanks," as she leaned back and surveyed the building.

"We don't want to put you out," Tarot elaborated, offering a sheepish-looking smile.

"I'm going to be cooking anyway," Ila replied. "It's almost lunchtime. You're not putting us out."

"We don't want anything," Reika stated, shaking her head before jabbing a finger on the table. "We came here because you said you might be able to help us! I want to know where that pearlcatcher is! I want to - "

"Hungry," the snapper hatchling mumbled, resting her chin on the table.

"Oh! I didn't know you could talk!" Ila exclaimed. "What do you ea-"

"No food. Please, just tell me what you know," Reika snapped, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Before we get into that," Edan spoke up. "We want to make sure we can trust you. So let's just go over a few things one more time."

"What did you want to know?" Tarot asked, a frown ghosting his face as he looked from his companion to Edan.

"You were attacked?" Edan asked. "How did it happen?"

"A raid in the night," Tarot replied, gritting his teeth as he spoke. "I'd rather not get into the details."

"We're not expecting details," Edan replied, shaking his head. "Just the basics. How long ago did it happen?"

Tarot paused, squinting in thought.
"I'm not sure," he admitted, looking toward Reika for help. "We've just been searching, I haven't been paying attention to the date. It feels like at least a month..."

"Two months, thereabouts," Reika stated, crossing her arms and turning to fix Edan with an expectant stare. "Well?"

Edan, in turn, looked to Hazel.

"Uh," Hazel uttered, blinking nervously at her clan leader. She knew what he was asking, but the only thing she was sure of is how frustrated Reika was - and she didn't need antennae for that. Everything else, it was more subtle. Just pins and needles. "I'm not... sure. I think it's true."

"That's not good enough to go off," Edan replied flatly.

"For Gods' sake!" Reika stood up. "We didn't come here to waste time while you try to interrogate us!"

"Alright, first off," Edan replied tensely. "We want to make sure we can trust you. That's reasonable of us."

"And we need a reason to trust you!" Reika cocked her head to the side, eyeing him in some silent challenge.

"If you didn't trust us you shouldn't have followed me," Edan replied. He paused, then let out a sigh. "First off, I was attacked by what I believe was a member of the same group that came after yours. That was... about half a year ago. They've taken more victims than just your clan - I'm not counting myself there, either."

Reika had gone quiet, the anger in her eyes replaced with something like confusion.

"They take what they want by force," Edan continued. "Supplies, food, other dragons... and I've come to learn that the place they hole up isn't that far from here. So, Reika. I heard you. You want revenge."

"Yes," the wildclaw breathed, nodding her head slowly. He swore he saw her pupils dilate.

"And I - and the rest of my family, here - we want this threat taken care of," Edan stated, holding his head high as he looked between the new dragons. "So what I'm offering you is a place to stay. To prepare. We all have the same goal, here. If we work together, I think we can take them out for good."

Translation of Ila and Edan's exchange:

"Hey I think these people are on our side but just in case they're just really good at hiding they're in fact our Primary Antagonists I can't let them see our fire-eyed pearlcatcher. Please for the love of god understand me when I say I hope there's nobody in the house."

"Yes I understand what your saying and already took care of it, I hid Ciron and also moved the hatchlings out. Saerun is also not in there. U R good."

PS my husband keeps distracting me as I write this but I don't have any word processor to save it on so HERE IS WHAT WILL BE A PROLLY POORER-THAN-USUAL QUALITY ONE

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed, @Cngx, @Arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty, @Chalkolate, @Luteia, @Drachenschwinge, @Kaskade, @InfiniteIrony, @Darunia, @OrderedChaos, @Kaskade, @Viperfishy, @SallyJane, @shirotsubaki6564, @huskies709, @mmuted, @Pastie, @cybo, @Synchros
Company

The walk home had been tense, at best.

Edan moved through the winding trees, the newcomers just behind him and Espen at the very back to watch for any sudden moves from the wildclaw or tundra.

He could feel Reika's gaze on him, harsh and scrutinizing. She had been silent throughout the walk - almost eerily so, it was rare to even hear her footfalls.

Tarot's demeanor was quite different. He introduced Edan to the hatchlings on his back, and explained the skydancer was his son and the snapper was Reika's sister. He also asked a few general questions about Edan and where they were headed. Nothing too prying, but still more than Edan really wanted to answer.

To be frank, he was more suspicious of Tarot than he was of Reika. He was too genial. At least the wildclaw didn't seem like she was hiding something.

Evidently, Ciron had warned the others by the time they'd made it to the clan territory.

Clade, Marshall, and Hazel were all outside and standing guard at the borders of the clearing, evidently put on watch once they got home from the morning's hunt.

Ila and Rorin stood silently in front of his house, tensely watching as he led the strangers out into their rough courtyard.

"S'alright," Edan called out, raising a talon to wave at the groups. "Just visitors. We're gonna have a talk."

Ila stepped forward, offering a somewhat forced smile to Tarot and Reika - only to notice the hatchlings with them and cover her mouth in surprise.
"Oh my goodness, how cute!" she said warmly - though Edan could feel the apprehension in her tone. "My name is Ila, it's a pleasure to meet you all."

"Ila, we're gonna be heading into the house, could you go in and move the hatchlings for us before then?" Edan asked, his voice nonchalant as he silently prayed the nocturne got the hint.

"Oh, I've already taken care of that," Ila replied lightly, nodding. "Everyone in there's been moved to the other house. Clara and Angie are watching them right now!"

"Good," Edan stifled a relieved sigh. "I'd like you to come with us, and Hazel?"

The skydancer snapped to attention. "Y-yes, Edan?"

"You as well, just to monitor things," Edan nodded toward the door. "Come on, with me."

Inside, Ila busied herself at the kitchen, boiling water for tea and rifling through their food stores.
"Can I offer you anything to eat?" she offered, turning to look at the new dragons gathered around the table. "I'll have tea for you all in a few minutes."

"No," Reika replied bluntly, before adding a quick "thanks," as she leaned back and surveyed the building.

"We don't want to put you out," Tarot elaborated, offering a sheepish-looking smile.

"I'm going to be cooking anyway," Ila replied. "It's almost lunchtime. You're not putting us out."

"We don't want anything," Reika stated, shaking her head before jabbing a finger on the table. "We came here because you said you might be able to help us! I want to know where that pearlcatcher is! I want to - "

"Hungry," the snapper hatchling mumbled, resting her chin on the table.

"Oh! I didn't know you could talk!" Ila exclaimed. "What do you ea-"

"No food. Please, just tell me what you know," Reika snapped, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Before we get into that," Edan spoke up. "We want to make sure we can trust you. So let's just go over a few things one more time."

"What did you want to know?" Tarot asked, a frown ghosting his face as he looked from his companion to Edan.

"You were attacked?" Edan asked. "How did it happen?"

"A raid in the night," Tarot replied, gritting his teeth as he spoke. "I'd rather not get into the details."

"We're not expecting details," Edan replied, shaking his head. "Just the basics. How long ago did it happen?"

Tarot paused, squinting in thought.
"I'm not sure," he admitted, looking toward Reika for help. "We've just been searching, I haven't been paying attention to the date. It feels like at least a month..."

"Two months, thereabouts," Reika stated, crossing her arms and turning to fix Edan with an expectant stare. "Well?"

Edan, in turn, looked to Hazel.

"Uh," Hazel uttered, blinking nervously at her clan leader. She knew what he was asking, but the only thing she was sure of is how frustrated Reika was - and she didn't need antennae for that. Everything else, it was more subtle. Just pins and needles. "I'm not... sure. I think it's true."

"That's not good enough to go off," Edan replied flatly.

"For Gods' sake!" Reika stood up. "We didn't come here to waste time while you try to interrogate us!"

"Alright, first off," Edan replied tensely. "We want to make sure we can trust you. That's reasonable of us."

"And we need a reason to trust you!" Reika cocked her head to the side, eyeing him in some silent challenge.

"If you didn't trust us you shouldn't have followed me," Edan replied. He paused, then let out a sigh. "First off, I was attacked by what I believe was a member of the same group that came after yours. That was... about half a year ago. They've taken more victims than just your clan - I'm not counting myself there, either."

Reika had gone quiet, the anger in her eyes replaced with something like confusion.

"They take what they want by force," Edan continued. "Supplies, food, other dragons... and I've come to learn that the place they hole up isn't that far from here. So, Reika. I heard you. You want revenge."

"Yes," the wildclaw breathed, nodding her head slowly. He swore he saw her pupils dilate.

"And I - and the rest of my family, here - we want this threat taken care of," Edan stated, holding his head high as he looked between the new dragons. "So what I'm offering you is a place to stay. To prepare. We all have the same goal, here. If we work together, I think we can take them out for good."

Translation of Ila and Edan's exchange:

"Hey I think these people are on our side but just in case they're just really good at hiding they're in fact our Primary Antagonists I can't let them see our fire-eyed pearlcatcher. Please for the love of god understand me when I say I hope there's nobody in the house."

"Yes I understand what your saying and already took care of it, I hid Ciron and also moved the hatchlings out. Saerun is also not in there. U R good."

PS my husband keeps distracting me as I write this but I don't have any word processor to save it on so HERE IS WHAT WILL BE A PROLLY POORER-THAN-USUAL QUALITY ONE

@Dovalore, @Valishtu, @Gloomyvibes, @AnimeLover9631, @Akash, @tigressRising, @ArgenteaMoon, @mintSMASH, @StormWendjule, @IronPen, @Solaristigres, @Acuarela, @Rivix, @Keet, @Farwalker, @catmeow1, @fuurin, @owlstar7, @amberclawed, @Cngx, @Arinemera, @Weredogalism, @Kosaa, @astrallis, @ShadewingRising, @Kyaritty, @Chalkolate, @Luteia, @Drachenschwinge, @Kaskade, @InfiniteIrony, @Darunia, @OrderedChaos, @Kaskade, @Viperfishy, @SallyJane, @shirotsubaki6564, @huskies709, @mmuted, @Pastie, @cybo, @Synchros
PLEASE do not ask about
my avatar on an
unrelated thread topic!
- Accent Shop!
- G1s with Art!
- Wishlist/Icon Dragon
I dig it! Here's hoping these visitors don't actually have any unsavory intentions.

(also, why do I feel like this is going to be a bad time for Edan to find out about Hazel's trouble with her new ability)
I dig it! Here's hoping these visitors don't actually have any unsavory intentions.

(also, why do I feel like this is going to be a bad time for Edan to find out about Hazel's trouble with her new ability)
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 62 63