Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FR Nuzlocke/lair death challenge
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 99 100
For those of you who haven't heard of the Nuzlocke Challenge, it's a set of rules for playing Pokemon which make the game way more difficult and more emotional. These are rules like you can only catch the first Pokemon you find in each area, if a pokemon faints it dies (you must release it), etc. Google it for more info.

I wanted to come up with something similar for FR, because face it, the thrill of getting beautiful dragons is kind of gone now. I filled up my lair with gorgeous dergs and it was so easy and then what? I have so much money and no drive to do anything. SO I'm creating this challenge for myself and posting it here because I think other people might like it.

The premise
All of your dragons die in some disaster. There is only one survivor, and it's up to them to mourn their losses and rebuild the lair back to its former glory.

The point
Every dragon is invaluable. Getting a beautiful dragon will be nearly impossible. Just keeping them alive and gradually growing your lair, making your dragons more powerful, is the challenge.

How to start
1. Exalt all but one dragon. The best way to go about it is probably to narrow your lair down to a few favorites, then use a random number generator to pick the sole survivor. If you really want you can stow your favorites in a friend's lair or just keep them and not use them, but if you do YOU'RE WEAK.
2. Get an egg. Hatch it.
3. These are the two sole members of your clan - the lone survivor, and an orphaned hatchling, perhaps found among the rubble of the fatal disaster.

The rules
1. You can't buy dragons. All you can do is buy eggs or hatch your own. Change as of 8/17 - You can buy a dragon from the AH after you've leveled three dragons to level 25. This means that you can still get rare breeds that are impossible to find scrolls for, it's just extremely difficult. (You're encouraged to buy non-gened dragons, since you're able to get both rare breeds and whatever colors you want, to keep it in line with the challenge, but do whatever is the most motivating for you.)
2. You can only buy one egg a month.
3. You can't scatter scroll a dragon until they've reached level 25.
4. You can't give a dragon a primary gene until level 10, can't give them a secondary gene until level 15, and can't give them a tertiary gene until level 20.
5. For every egg you find, whether in the coliseum or by scavenging, you may purchase one breed change for any dragon.
6. You cannot gather food, you must grind for it in the coli.
7. If a dragon faints in the coli, it's dead. Exalt.

Nests
1. For every hatchling, flip a coin.
2. If tails, the hatchling died. Exalt.
3. If heads, you have a survivor.

Optional rules/alternatives
Baby rules for babies
-Instead of clearing out your entire lair, clear a single page for these challenge dragons. Partition your lair.
-You can also keep one lair page dedicated to things like breeding pairs, favorites, dragons you're holding for a friend, etc. That gives you some leeway.
For those of you who haven't heard of the Nuzlocke Challenge, it's a set of rules for playing Pokemon which make the game way more difficult and more emotional. These are rules like you can only catch the first Pokemon you find in each area, if a pokemon faints it dies (you must release it), etc. Google it for more info.

I wanted to come up with something similar for FR, because face it, the thrill of getting beautiful dragons is kind of gone now. I filled up my lair with gorgeous dergs and it was so easy and then what? I have so much money and no drive to do anything. SO I'm creating this challenge for myself and posting it here because I think other people might like it.

The premise
All of your dragons die in some disaster. There is only one survivor, and it's up to them to mourn their losses and rebuild the lair back to its former glory.

The point
Every dragon is invaluable. Getting a beautiful dragon will be nearly impossible. Just keeping them alive and gradually growing your lair, making your dragons more powerful, is the challenge.

How to start
1. Exalt all but one dragon. The best way to go about it is probably to narrow your lair down to a few favorites, then use a random number generator to pick the sole survivor. If you really want you can stow your favorites in a friend's lair or just keep them and not use them, but if you do YOU'RE WEAK.
2. Get an egg. Hatch it.
3. These are the two sole members of your clan - the lone survivor, and an orphaned hatchling, perhaps found among the rubble of the fatal disaster.

The rules
1. You can't buy dragons. All you can do is buy eggs or hatch your own. Change as of 8/17 - You can buy a dragon from the AH after you've leveled three dragons to level 25. This means that you can still get rare breeds that are impossible to find scrolls for, it's just extremely difficult. (You're encouraged to buy non-gened dragons, since you're able to get both rare breeds and whatever colors you want, to keep it in line with the challenge, but do whatever is the most motivating for you.)
2. You can only buy one egg a month.
3. You can't scatter scroll a dragon until they've reached level 25.
4. You can't give a dragon a primary gene until level 10, can't give them a secondary gene until level 15, and can't give them a tertiary gene until level 20.
5. For every egg you find, whether in the coliseum or by scavenging, you may purchase one breed change for any dragon.
6. You cannot gather food, you must grind for it in the coli.
7. If a dragon faints in the coli, it's dead. Exalt.

Nests
1. For every hatchling, flip a coin.
2. If tails, the hatchling died. Exalt.
3. If heads, you have a survivor.

Optional rules/alternatives
Baby rules for babies
-Instead of clearing out your entire lair, clear a single page for these challenge dragons. Partition your lair.
-You can also keep one lair page dedicated to things like breeding pairs, favorites, dragons you're holding for a friend, etc. That gives you some leeway.
[b]7.24[/b] My lair has been struck with a plague. Most dragons have sickened and died within days, some within hours. Hatchlings are especially susceptible. The lone survivors now are a few dragons sitting on nests, who were isolated in the Nesting Grounds, and a few especially strong and high leveled dragons. Even some of them have begun to sicken now. [b]Casualties:[/b] Twelve imperial dragons Ten skydancer dragons Two wildclaw dragons Six mirror dragons Six coatl dragons One ridgeback dragon One pearldancer dragon Ten hatchlings and twenty seven adult fatalities. [b]7.26[/b] The plague continues to spread. The symptoms are ugly and the onset of the disease comes without warning. Most dragons spout a bloody nose, swiftly followed my disorientation and loss of motor functions. Unable to walk for the dizziness, they huddle together to be tended by whoever can help - though unfortunately at this time, there are far more sick than able. Soon after the dizziness comes the seizures. Some dragons die instantly. Other survive for days, gradually becoming more physically and mentally crippled, the seizures rending them incoherent and drooling. The first to die are fortunate. The rest die slowly, in pieces, gradually losing their ability to speak, or even to recognize the faces of those they love. In some cases, mercy killings are considered, and hotly debated. Ultimately, the disease finishes its work before a solution can be reached. Two eggs have hatched - no survivors [b]Casualties[/b] Three mirrors Two pearlcatchers Four imperials Six hatchlings, three adults [b]7.27[/b] [s]I have five remaining dragons and one plague egg. I'm holding a contest, where you can guess which of my dragons will survive and what the egg hatches into, see page thirteen for details if you want to play! [b]Open til 19:00 FR time.[/b][/s] The sole survivor of the plague was Shaiba, the Fae. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1061377] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/10614/1061377_350.png[/img] [/url] The egg hatched into a Guardian male. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5225099] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/52251/5225099_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]8.12[/b] I got sick (must have caught it from my dragons), but since I last updated I bought an egg on the first of the month, and it hatched into a female mirror. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5343475] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/53435/5343475_350.png[/img] [/url] And today, the clan found an egg scavenging in Nature territory. [img]https://31.media.tumblr.com/ef0ec9e3f9bf9f00daae04db79773b37/tumblr_na7n73H9Ec1ttst3co1_500.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5616838] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/56169/5616838_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]8.17[/b] Found another egg! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5733286] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/57333/5733286_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]8.21[/b] Agnes and Adam hatched their first nest, and there was one survivor. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5823698] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/58237/5823698_350.png[/img] [/url] He was named Bogdan.

My lair has been struck with a plague. Most dragons have sickened and died within days, some within hours. Hatchlings are especially susceptible. The lone survivors now are a few dragons sitting on nests, who were isolated in the Nesting Grounds, and a few especially strong and high leveled dragons. Even some of them have begun to sicken now.

Casualties:
Twelve imperial dragons
Ten skydancer dragons
Two wildclaw dragons
Six mirror dragons
Six coatl dragons
One ridgeback dragon
One pearldancer dragon

Ten hatchlings and twenty seven adult fatalities.

The plague continues to spread. The symptoms are ugly and the onset of the disease comes without warning. Most dragons spout a bloody nose, swiftly followed my disorientation and loss of motor functions. Unable to walk for the dizziness, they huddle together to be tended by whoever can help - though unfortunately at this time, there are far more sick than able.

Soon after the dizziness comes the seizures. Some dragons die instantly. Other survive for days, gradually becoming more physically and mentally crippled, the seizures rending them incoherent and drooling. The first to die are fortunate. The rest die slowly, in pieces, gradually losing their ability to speak, or even to recognize the faces of those they love. In some cases, mercy killings are considered, and hotly debated. Ultimately, the disease finishes its work before a solution can be reached.

Two eggs have hatched - no survivors

Casualties
Three mirrors
Two pearlcatchers
Four imperials

Six hatchlings, three adults

I have five remaining dragons and one plague egg. I'm holding a contest, where you can guess which of my dragons will survive and what the egg hatches into, see page thirteen for details if you want to play! Open til 19:00 FR time.

The sole survivor of the plague was Shaiba, the Fae.

1061377_350.png

The egg hatched into a Guardian male.

5225099_350.png

I got sick (must have caught it from my dragons), but since I last updated I bought an egg on the first of the month, and it hatched into a female mirror.

5343475_350.png

And today, the clan found an egg scavenging in Nature territory.
tumblr_na7n73H9Ec1ttst3co1_500.png

5616838_350.png

Found another egg!

5733286_350.png

Agnes and Adam hatched their first nest, and there was one survivor.

5823698_350.png

He was named Bogdan.
People playing
@Noodlesthing (me) @HazzySkossum @Nano @KylenTeriva @Stormfly @PossessedFae @Paras @Noble @Auran @DragonsChilde @moldavitemanatee @thecatsred @lithle @adeegeeak @VictoryDance @darkestcandy @Alichino @Ghast @Niflheim @Apatite @Lanturn @roseraven @bloodscribbler @Februari @ivoryfeathers @Morigan @Weave @stealthclaw @Adu @Nepsah @MegiInkdragon

If you want to play, in hard mode or baby mode or with different rules, ping me and I'll add you up here. If you're playing, please post with your updates and ping me, that would be awesome.
People playing
@Noodlesthing (me) @HazzySkossum @Nano @KylenTeriva @Stormfly @PossessedFae @Paras @Noble @Auran @DragonsChilde @moldavitemanatee @thecatsred @lithle @adeegeeak @VictoryDance @darkestcandy @Alichino @Ghast @Niflheim @Apatite @Lanturn @roseraven @bloodscribbler @Februari @ivoryfeathers @Morigan @Weave @stealthclaw @Adu @Nepsah @MegiInkdragon

If you want to play, in hard mode or baby mode or with different rules, ping me and I'll add you up here. If you're playing, please post with your updates and ping me, that would be awesome.
Ping list for major updates
@clockworkMoose @mash @CadetArlert @Roccy @WildPariah @Nevele @mewhaku @noodlesthing @Oriru @Stormfly @Aradiabot @AlbaliKursal @Chocoli @Shanny @mochimajuru @rukomi @Neige @lavarift @Kaial @snowy @ike9899 @CartelSaide @Amielleon @Taladarthiris @bloodscribbler @stealthclaw @Volpe @Antivulano @Stormdragon

Ping me if you want to be added to the list! Otherwise I will be tracking my progress in my second post and at frnuzlocke.tumblr.com.
Ping list for major updates
@clockworkMoose @mash @CadetArlert @Roccy @WildPariah @Nevele @mewhaku @noodlesthing @Oriru @Stormfly @Aradiabot @AlbaliKursal @Chocoli @Shanny @mochimajuru @rukomi @Neige @lavarift @Kaial @snowy @ike9899 @CartelSaide @Amielleon @Taladarthiris @bloodscribbler @stealthclaw @Volpe @Antivulano @Stormdragon

Ping me if you want to be added to the list! Otherwise I will be tracking my progress in my second post and at frnuzlocke.tumblr.com.
This looks really cool! I would totally do it if I wasn't so attached to all my dragons. XD I'm too weak for these things. :,D
This looks really cool! I would totally do it if I wasn't so attached to all my dragons. XD I'm too weak for these things. :,D
A light blue Fae dragon lying down surrounded by pink flower petals. She is wearing a pink daisy cabbie, and holds a pink rose in her mouth.
@Draketeeth You said you were interested on tumblr, here's your ping
@Draketeeth You said you were interested on tumblr, here's your ping
D:

No thank you.

cool challenge tho
D:

No thank you.

cool challenge tho
banner7_zps03f1852e.png
Man this is INTENSE.

I'm too in love with too many of my dragons, and I would not want to exalt my progs either, but I'm loving the idea of this! :o If we could have secondary accounts, I'd totally be down for it on a side account.

Do you have a ping list or anything for major updates? Since the subscribe button still isn't working... >>
Man this is INTENSE.

I'm too in love with too many of my dragons, and I would not want to exalt my progs either, but I'm loving the idea of this! :o If we could have secondary accounts, I'd totally be down for it on a side account.

Do you have a ping list or anything for major updates? Since the subscribe button still isn't working... >>
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
TOO HARDCORE i also cannot do this to my gifted dergs and projects... good luck to everyone trying this out!
TOO HARDCORE i also cannot do this to my gifted dergs and projects... good luck to everyone trying this out!
Amg if I could have a side, I'd totally try this. ;__;
Amg if I could have a side, I'd totally try this. ;__;
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 99 100