Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Dragon Writers of February!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
Hi hello, I need to actually be writing more DX would anyone be interested in possibly being my writing buddy?
Hi hello, I need to actually be writing more DX would anyone be interested in possibly being my writing buddy?
Join Lore Buddies! -- tiny little writing shop
Hi, everyone! *Approaches nervously from around a corner* You all have really cool dragons! *Stumbles on what to say next* Umm...Well, it's nice to find a thread of other writers! I find myself looking for a buddy who shares my interests at times... I'm working on my lore....sort of, I procrastinate...A lot. I'd like feedback and I'm currently working on writing my own story! Some of my dragons are based off of the characters from it too! *Shuffles back awkwardly* Here's a dragon! *Shoves him in front of me* [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33812666] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/338127/33812666_350.png[/img] [/url] Tenko, The Midnight Prince.
Hi, everyone! *Approaches nervously from around a corner*
You all have really cool dragons!
*Stumbles on what to say next*
Umm...Well, it's nice to find a thread of other writers! I find myself looking for a buddy who shares my interests at times...
I'm working on my lore....sort of, I procrastinate...A lot.
I'd like feedback and I'm currently working on writing my own story! Some of my dragons are based off of the characters from it too!
*Shuffles back awkwardly*
Here's a dragon! *Shoves him in front of me*

33812666_350.png

Tenko, The Midnight Prince.
52030.png
101.png
» Soulthreads
wishlist
dragons for sale
X
X
x
ed6b66583d31e626062d0eb47937ce359a118f7e.png
@GuardianDragonak I would love to be your lore buddy <3
@GuardianDragonak I would love to be your lore buddy <3
@FireStarter007
Hi?
Are you interested in Anime and Chinese/Japanese style stuff?
@FireStarter007
Hi?
Are you interested in Anime and Chinese/Japanese style stuff?
52030.png
101.png
» Soulthreads
wishlist
dragons for sale
X
X
x
@GuardianDragonak yeah I am!
@GuardianDragonak yeah I am!
@FireStarter007
Awesome!
How about ninjas?
And what are your favorite animes?
@FireStarter007
Awesome!
How about ninjas?
And what are your favorite animes?
52030.png
101.png
» Soulthreads
wishlist
dragons for sale
X
X
x
@ScrivenerRook aaahhh tysm!! haha yes, he's definitely supposed to look mystical! his outfit isn't finished, i just need two more pieces from the sky blue silk set, buuuut the thresher flatfins...might be a little harder to get my hands on. and by a little i mean a lot. >.>;
@ScrivenerRook aaahhh tysm!! haha yes, he's definitely supposed to look mystical! his outfit isn't finished, i just need two more pieces from the sky blue silk set, buuuut the thresher flatfins...might be a little harder to get my hands on. and by a little i mean a lot. >.>;
I have no idea what happened to January. XD But hello, February! I'd say this is a busy month but...it's really not, not yet at least. I'm so close to the final push I need to leave my job (just have to motivate myself to update my resume and send it to a staffing agency my friends recommended, and with luck that will go somewhere). My paycheck (which is two weeks' worth) is going to have MAYBE 15-16 hours of pay in there. Basically everyone is trying to leave at this point because of new systems that are clearly not geared towards studios having more than 2-3 employees and that's Not Cool. Personal-wise, I've been feeling a little...off? lately. It probably ties in to the lack of work but my mind is refusing to actually think about anything stressful, so I can't pinpoint anything other than a general feeling of discomfort. It's building on top of my usual lack of motivation towards most things and has also imposed itself on my desire to write, which is super annoying because I really do want to finish the scene I'm in the middle of. Speaking of, the outline for said scene is nearly three pages long, so I'm excited to see how long the scene itself ends up being. I feel like I'm notorious for speeding through scenes thinking I've got everything and then realize my 'scenes' are only a paragraph or two long. Won't know until I edit if that makes everything feel rushed or if I did just need those two paragraphs. And on top of all that, my other half is going to be going away on a 6-week training session across the state. She'll be coming home on weekends but I'm not sure how I'm going to end up feeling throughout the month. I'm hoping that it won't be a big deal, because we've spent plenty of time apart in the past, but six weeks is a long time and I don't like being alone. ): Luckily my boss has already told me she's going to look out for me and hang out a bunch, and I've got a few other friends I can schedule things with as well. I've got some goals for this month that I can hopefully get through. [list] [*]Clean the house before my parents come visit in the middle of February [*]Finish this scene, if nothing else [*]Revamp my resume and send it to the temp agency and get the ball rolling on jobs [*]Leave my current job once the agency proves to be something that'll work out [/list] I'll see about responding to other people in this thread later, but I just wanted to prove I still exist and get something written in the thread for now :p (On a COMPLETELY unrelated note, but since I am obsessed at the moment.... I finished binge-watching Breakout Kings yesterday and feel vey emotional about the fact that the series ended on a major cliffhanger and the show itself was canceled back in 2012. GONE BEFORE ITS TIMEEEEEE)
I have no idea what happened to January. XD But hello, February!

I'd say this is a busy month but...it's really not, not yet at least. I'm so close to the final push I need to leave my job (just have to motivate myself to update my resume and send it to a staffing agency my friends recommended, and with luck that will go somewhere). My paycheck (which is two weeks' worth) is going to have MAYBE 15-16 hours of pay in there. Basically everyone is trying to leave at this point because of new systems that are clearly not geared towards studios having more than 2-3 employees and that's Not Cool.

Personal-wise, I've been feeling a little...off? lately. It probably ties in to the lack of work but my mind is refusing to actually think about anything stressful, so I can't pinpoint anything other than a general feeling of discomfort. It's building on top of my usual lack of motivation towards most things and has also imposed itself on my desire to write, which is super annoying because I really do want to finish the scene I'm in the middle of.

Speaking of, the outline for said scene is nearly three pages long, so I'm excited to see how long the scene itself ends up being. I feel like I'm notorious for speeding through scenes thinking I've got everything and then realize my 'scenes' are only a paragraph or two long. Won't know until I edit if that makes everything feel rushed or if I did just need those two paragraphs.

And on top of all that, my other half is going to be going away on a 6-week training session across the state. She'll be coming home on weekends but I'm not sure how I'm going to end up feeling throughout the month. I'm hoping that it won't be a big deal, because we've spent plenty of time apart in the past, but six weeks is a long time and I don't like being alone. ): Luckily my boss has already told me she's going to look out for me and hang out a bunch, and I've got a few other friends I can schedule things with as well.

I've got some goals for this month that I can hopefully get through.
  • Clean the house before my parents come visit in the middle of February
  • Finish this scene, if nothing else
  • Revamp my resume and send it to the temp agency and get the ball rolling on jobs
  • Leave my current job once the agency proves to be something that'll work out

I'll see about responding to other people in this thread later, but I just wanted to prove I still exist and get something written in the thread for now :p

(On a COMPLETELY unrelated note, but since I am obsessed at the moment.... I finished binge-watching Breakout Kings yesterday and feel vey emotional about the fact that the series ended on a major cliffhanger and the show itself was canceled back in 2012. GONE BEFORE ITS TIMEEEEEE)
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif

wind_0.pngwind_1.pngwind_2.pngwind_3.png
2rnjx3s.png
@Karika Hey, congrats on the new place and good luck with the job hunt! That's just super exciting. @Petall That's cool, though. At least it sounds like a good kind of busy and not the 'Stop. Please stop...' kind of busy. I'm not doing too badly, but maaaaan have things been a nasty rollercoaster ride of awful. It's gotta stop soon, though, right? Just hanging in there and tying to enjoy my editing in all of my unwanted free time. @MawkishMuse Oh my goodness are those dragons pretty. What a gorgeous, tiny coatl babe. Hang in there with the publisher. I'd be tearing my hair out, so... @thatjaeger Guessing the recolours of the flatfins won't look as good, eh? Kind of a pity, that, since they'd be about a million times cheaper... [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=35261476&skin=0&apparel=3695,816,3627,3684,3628,23293&xt=dressing.png[/img] Though I guess it's not terrible? @LaraAelric Ew... That's... Not good. I wish you all the luck in the world, for sure.
@Karika

Hey, congrats on the new place and good luck with the job hunt! That's just super exciting.

@Petall

That's cool, though. At least it sounds like a good kind of busy and not the 'Stop. Please stop...' kind of busy.

I'm not doing too badly, but maaaaan have things been a nasty rollercoaster ride of awful. It's gotta stop soon, though, right? Just hanging in there and tying to enjoy my editing in all of my unwanted free time.

@MawkishMuse

Oh my goodness are those dragons pretty. What a gorgeous, tiny coatl babe.

Hang in there with the publisher. I'd be tearing my hair out, so...

@thatjaeger

Guessing the recolours of the flatfins won't look as good, eh? Kind of a pity, that, since they'd be about a million times cheaper...
dragon?did=35261476&skin=0&apparel=3695,816,3627,3684,3628,23293&xt=dressing.png
Though I guess it's not terrible?

@LaraAelric
Ew... That's... Not good. I wish you all the luck in the world, for sure.
@ScrivenerRook aahh, if only! while not totally awful, they still just don't go well, which is a shame really. honestly i don't think i'll ever get the thresher flatfins, but well, maybe one day! they're on my wishlist for a reason i suppose ;)

also i took a peek in your lair and can i just say that i really love all your dragons!
@ScrivenerRook aahh, if only! while not totally awful, they still just don't go well, which is a shame really. honestly i don't think i'll ever get the thresher flatfins, but well, maybe one day! they're on my wishlist for a reason i suppose ;)

also i took a peek in your lair and can i just say that i really love all your dragons!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17