Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | free poetry shop
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 27 28
@alienjack

Thank you ever so much! When I saw that you had a poetry shop I knew I had to come visit. I love your writing, it makes me want to learn different poetry/ story types, and write poetry again.
Thank you so much that is exactly perfect for the dragon. I put it in the dragon's bio already..

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=320890&tab=dragon&did=33588275
@alienjack

Thank you ever so much! When I saw that you had a poetry shop I knew I had to come visit. I love your writing, it makes me want to learn different poetry/ story types, and write poetry again.
Thank you so much that is exactly perfect for the dragon. I put it in the dragon's bio already..

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=320890&tab=dragon&did=33588275
@chocoapple [indent]little hummingbird, where is your forest running off to? where will you go when all the greens are dead? where will you find yourself when forest fires rage, claws sharp against your little bones, smoke blinding you like hot breath against your eyelids? but life returns after forest fires, lush and perseverant and against all odds. see, mother nature has this habit of looking at disaster and laughing-- so should you. heat rises, but there survival is found in the sky, above the clouds where all the birds are truly free. if you keep looking, you’ll find home eventually. it just might not be where you think, or maybe it’s exactly where your heart always knew it would be. [/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] thanks for the inspo! she’s a cutie! hope you like :)
@chocoapple
little hummingbird, where is your forest running off to?
where will you go when all the greens are dead?
where will you find yourself when forest fires rage,
claws sharp against your little bones, smoke
blinding you like hot breath against your eyelids?
but life returns after forest fires, lush and perseverant and
against all odds. see, mother nature has this habit of
looking at disaster and laughing-- so should you.
heat rises, but there survival is found in the sky,
above the clouds where all the birds are truly free.
if you keep looking, you’ll find home eventually.
it just might not be where you think, or maybe it’s exactly where
your heart always knew it would be.
tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png
thanks for the inspo! she’s a cutie! hope you like :)
mark twain wrote:
but who prays for lucifer? who, in eighteen centuries,
has had the common humanity
to pray for the one sinner
that needed it most?
@JoyLayne ahh, thank you so much! that makes me so happy! you're too kind <3
@JoyLayne ahh, thank you so much! that makes me so happy! you're too kind <3
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@alienjack

Oh my goodness that's beautiful! Thank you so much! :D
@alienjack

Oh my goodness that's beautiful! Thank you so much! :D
cGpFABG.pngo175-d02-Tuath.pngo306-d01-Tuath.pngo306-d02-Tuath.pngo306-d03-Tuath.pngo175-d01-Tuath.pngo175-d03-Tuath.pngTTH4.pngTTH3.pngo175-d11-Tuath.pngo175-d13-Tuath.pngo175-d15-Tuath.pngo175-d14-Tuath.pngx4cXPgB.pngo175-d12-Tuath.pngFvbaFhQ.png1RnuwcB.png5PhiNKS.pngl6-s3-l6-book.pngl6-s3-s3-book.pngB18_R.png
yym0GF5.png
@alienjack That's such a nice poem! I love the symbolism that you used in it!
@alienjack That's such a nice poem! I love the symbolism that you used in it!
20 | He/him | +2 FR time
@CHINCHINLOVER thank you! glad you like it :D
@CHINCHINLOVER thank you! glad you like it :D
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@alienjack These are some really amazing poems! If you're still accepting requests, would you please write a poem for this intentionally unnamed girl? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24622598] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/246226/24622598_350.png[/img] [/url] There's lore in her profile, but here's the summary in case you find it a little long: She was left to die for being born sickly and feeble, not up to the standards and expectations of her elite assassin family/clan. Her brother tried to keep her alive in secret, but was found out and was ordered to kill her as part of his initiation test. He spared her and she fled, where she met a Serthis Potionmaster who invited her to his abode. A lifelong bond grew between them, and over time, she acquired potionmaking skills and shadow magic knowledge.
@alienjack These are some really amazing poems! If you're still accepting requests, would you please write a poem for this intentionally unnamed girl?

24622598_350.png

There's lore in her profile, but here's the summary in case you find it a little long:
She was left to die for being born sickly and feeble, not up to the standards and expectations of her elite assassin family/clan. Her brother tried to keep her alive in secret, but was found out and was ordered to kill her as part of his initiation test.

He spared her and she fled, where she met a Serthis Potionmaster who invited her to his abode. A lifelong bond grew between them, and over time, she acquired potionmaking skills and shadow magic knowledge.

QBHm0vY.jpg
@HarlequinCr0w [indent]tripping over headstones is how you learn your letters, summoning old skeletons to clear out the cobwebs so that you can finally see the stars. first lesson: not all snakes are vipers. not all killers are brothers. one of these will be easier to remember than the other. dawn is the juxtaposition of the sun rising as the moon still hangs in the sky. there’s something symbolic in that; maybe your past won’t define you but it certainly shaped you, and there aren’t good potions for rewriting memories. there’s wisdom in learning from what you know not to be, dealing with the darkest kinds of people to shed light on how you want to be. the cemetery gates are opening. let your skeletons rest, beds in your closet, the door cracked open just a bit to give them some light.[/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/37263db579b435adb142ce4a5e0bb898/tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] i loooooove her lore! hope you like this!
@HarlequinCr0w
tripping over headstones is how you learn your letters,
summoning old skeletons to clear out the cobwebs
so that you can finally see the stars.
first lesson: not all snakes are vipers.
not all killers are brothers. one of these will be easier
to remember than the other.
dawn is the juxtaposition of the sun rising as the moon
still hangs in the sky. there’s something symbolic in that;
maybe your past won’t define you
but it certainly shaped you, and there aren’t good potions
for rewriting memories. there’s wisdom in learning
from what you know not to be, dealing with the darkest
kinds of people to shed light on how you want to be.
the cemetery gates are opening.
let your skeletons rest, beds in your closet,
the door cracked open just a bit to give them some light.
tumblr_inline_o25fw8U3KF1r3lvtf_400.png
i loooooove her lore! hope you like this!
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@alienjack I would like to request a poem for my new favourite dragon. Her name is Sholto (which means, in my lore, something along the lines of 'drifter, wanderer, unwanted.') When she was a hatchling, her tribe was attacked by another clan of dragons, and she was the only survivor. She's spent most of her life trying to find a home, and has only just started to settle down with my clan. Here is a list of her favourite things: Rain, soft dirt, flat paths, fruit, old books, comfortable caves, blue wool, feathers. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36350336] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/363504/36350336_350.png[/img] [/url]
@alienjack

I would like to request a poem for my new favourite dragon. Her name is Sholto (which means, in my lore, something along the lines of 'drifter, wanderer, unwanted.')

When she was a hatchling, her tribe was attacked by another clan of dragons, and she was the only survivor. She's spent most of her life trying to find a home, and has only just started to settle down with my clan.

Here is a list of her favourite things: Rain, soft dirt, flat paths, fruit, old books, comfortable caves, blue wool, feathers.

36350336_350.png

Zf61Anz.png
@alienjack

Wow, that fits her like a glove, it's so beautifully written! I love how her story is told, it's brilliant! Thank you so much for writing <3
@alienjack

Wow, that fits her like a glove, it's so beautifully written! I love how her story is told, it's brilliant! Thank you so much for writing <3
QBHm0vY.jpg
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 27 28