Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | free poetry shop
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
@JustNatureThings aaaaahh!! i missed out on getting one of those so that's perfect!! <3
@JustNatureThings aaaaahh!! i missed out on getting one of those so that's perfect!! <3
mark twain wrote:
but who prays for lucifer? who, in eighteen centuries,
has had the common humanity
to pray for the one sinner
that needed it most?
@alienjack - Haha, nice! Thank you ~

I might end up splitting it and using one stanza each for two dragons xD
@alienjack - Haha, nice! Thank you ~

I might end up splitting it and using one stanza each for two dragons xD
Gsc8y3C.png
@alienjack [b]Username:[/b] Jaspernoir [b]Dragon/Character:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41820719] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/418208/41820719_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Word Count:[/b] 100ish? [b]Aesthetics, associations, etc.:[/b] [indent] name meanings - [/indent] her name is Eien, which sort of translates to[i]eternity[/i]. I got the inspiration from another game I play, Legend of the 5 Rings, and a pbp game set in future space, with this blurb: [quote]Castle of Eternity Kitsu completed the vast space station, Shiro no Eien, nearly century ago. Originally meant as a secondary home for the family as well as resting place for the ancestors born among the stars, the Castle of Eternity housed massive cemeteries and temple complexes within its reinforced walls. Complex rituals were designed to link the hallowed grounds of the station to the Yomi, allowing the clan’s Ancestors to be called upon in the time of need. Unfortunately, the ritual failed and as the Kitsu priests uttered the last words of consecration, the entire fort rippled and faded into nothingness. Assumed lost, the castle has been spotted three times in various parts of the galaxy during the past century, only to disappear before contact could be established. [/quote] [indent] some of your/dragon's favorite things, stories, aesthetics, etc.[/indent] [item=potted peacevine][item=staghorn coral][item=reflective fishscales][item=dwarf truffle spores][item=showy bells][item=glowing mushroom cap] [indent] important lore themes[/indent] Eien is the child of Zhagaus, who himself is a water nymph and the generation 0 male of my lineage project (now on hiatus). The crux of the lineage is these dragons are half spirits of nature, drawn to the water (on Zhagaus' side), who exist on two planes, and are cursed to an existence full of heartache, since the two progenitors cannot be together for eternity, their descendants will not find true love, either. [indent] associated myths/stories/fairytales[/indent] Link to information on [url=https://mythology.net/greek/greek-creatures/nereid/]Nereids[/url] is here. [indent] associated colors/moods[/indent] blues, greens, golds, white
@alienjack
Username: Jaspernoir
Dragon/Character:

41820719_350.png

Word Count: 100ish?
Aesthetics, associations, etc.:
name meanings -
her name is Eien, which sort of translates toeternity. I got the inspiration from another game I play, Legend of the 5 Rings, and a pbp game set in future space, with this blurb:
Quote:
Castle of Eternity
Kitsu completed the vast space station, Shiro no Eien, nearly century ago. Originally meant as a secondary home for the family as well as resting place for the ancestors born among the stars, the Castle of Eternity housed massive cemeteries and temple complexes within its reinforced walls. Complex rituals were designed to link the hallowed grounds of the station to the Yomi, allowing the clan’s Ancestors to be called upon in the time of need. Unfortunately, the ritual failed and as the Kitsu priests uttered the last words of consecration, the entire fort rippled and faded into nothingness. Assumed lost, the castle has been spotted three times in various parts of the galaxy during the past century, only to disappear before contact could be established.
some of your/dragon's favorite things, stories, aesthetics, etc.
Potted Peacevine Staghorn Coral Dwarf Truffle Spores Showy Bells Glowing Mushroom Cap
important lore themes
Eien is the child of Zhagaus, who himself is a water nymph and the generation 0 male of my lineage project (now on hiatus). The crux of the lineage is these dragons are half spirits of nature, drawn to the water (on Zhagaus' side), who exist on two planes, and are cursed to an existence full of heartache, since the two progenitors cannot be together for eternity, their descendants will not find true love, either.
associated myths/stories/fairytales
Link to information on Nereids is here.
associated colors/moods
blues, greens, golds, white
qXSwF3U.png233SM6q.png Jay (she/her)

Tortoiseshell Tea Haus (a hatchery)
The Foxfire Fortune Clan (a biolocke)

The Melting Pot
Baldwin Manufacturing Plant
I can't tell you how many times I've read over the poem you did for [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1006283]Fusae [/url]over on your commission thread. I'm still in love with it. You're one of my favorite poets, actually :D I was hoping you'd open commissions again, but then I decided to check you out here. I can't believe you offer your skills for free. @alienjack [b]Username:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=162608]retrodetective[/url] [b]Dragon/Character:[/b] Styx [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13408575] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/134086/13408575_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Word Count:[/b] I'd like around ~300, but any amount is fine. [b]Aesthetics, associations, etc.:[/b] The oracle of the clan. The silence from the tidelord broke his mind and the events of BotE sent a magical surge through him, causing his eyes to glow. He keeps his eyes bound to keep his magical essence, soul, and life force from leaking from his eyes. I'd link you his bio, but I refreshed and it ate it and I was never able to get it back. He's the only oracle of our clan that can see the-future-that-once-was-that-never-has-been. What's really happening is he sees the future of multiple timelines and time loops and refreshes from Fusae's attempts to go back to the beginning, but he doesn't know that's what's happening. He just sees a mix of futures and thinks it's because of the Tidelord no longer speaking to them, that they've committed a great sin. His scrybowl is his charge. It used to be how he saw the future, but he uses the golden water in his stomach, now, a product of the overload of power from the current shift. Other themes and associations are gold, madness, manic behavior, and a disconnect from the rest of the clan, who have trouble understanding his prophecies now. Everyone is very worried about him. I'm sorry if that's a little too much detail, I'd be happy to see anything you come up with, honestly.
I can't tell you how many times I've read over the poem you did for Fusae over on your commission thread. I'm still in love with it. You're one of my favorite poets, actually :D I was hoping you'd open commissions again, but then I decided to check you out here. I can't believe you offer your skills for free.

@alienjack
Username: retrodetective
Dragon/Character: Styx

13408575_350.png

Word Count: I'd like around ~300, but any amount is fine.
Aesthetics, associations, etc.: The oracle of the clan. The silence from the tidelord broke his mind and the events of BotE sent a magical surge through him, causing his eyes to glow. He keeps his eyes bound to keep his magical essence, soul, and life force from leaking from his eyes. I'd link you his bio, but I refreshed and it ate it and I was never able to get it back. He's the only oracle of our clan that can see the-future-that-once-was-that-never-has-been.

What's really happening is he sees the future of multiple timelines and time loops and refreshes from Fusae's attempts to go back to the beginning, but he doesn't know that's what's happening. He just sees a mix of futures and thinks it's because of the Tidelord no longer speaking to them, that they've committed a great sin.

His scrybowl is his charge. It used to be how he saw the future, but he uses the golden water in his stomach, now, a product of the overload of power from the current shift. Other themes and associations are gold, madness, manic behavior, and a disconnect from the rest of the clan, who have trouble understanding his prophecies now. Everyone is very worried about him.

I'm sorry if that's a little too much detail, I'd be happy to see anything you come up with, honestly.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
@alienjack Hiya, I'm back >:D If you have a spot/time for another, I'd love one for a dear friend of mine! [b]Username:[/b]Maevepanda [b]Dragon/Character:[/b][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2958342] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/29584/2958342_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Word Count:[/b] Around 100? 150-ish? [b]Aesthetics, associations, etc.:[/b] Shandora is a kind Guardian and the former leader of her clan. Although gentle, she won't back out from a fight and will kill for her clan. It's because of her dedication, devotion, and selflessness that the clan is what it is today. After she lost her mate, she decided to pass on her leadership to Sylanna, the clan's Seer. Losing her mate hit her hard, and she went through a dark period. She almost lost her life to her grief, and her clan prepared to lose her, but she hung on. After leaving the clan for a week and returning with her old spirit back, she became the clan's Nestkeeper. She's full of energy and life now, and the clan respects her deeply. The one you made for [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12111721]Maeve[/url] was beautiful, so I'm excited to see what you come up with for Shandora ^^
@alienjack
Hiya, I'm back >:D If you have a spot/time for another, I'd love one for a dear friend of mine!

Username:Maevepanda
Dragon/Character:
2958342_350.png

Word Count: Around 100? 150-ish?
Aesthetics, associations, etc.: Shandora is a kind Guardian and the former leader of her clan. Although gentle, she won't back out from a fight and will kill for her clan. It's because of her dedication, devotion, and selflessness that the clan is what it is today. After she lost her mate, she decided to pass on her leadership to Sylanna, the clan's Seer. Losing her mate hit her hard, and she went through a dark period. She almost lost her life to her grief, and her clan prepared to lose her, but she hung on. After leaving the clan for a week and returning with her old spirit back, she became the clan's Nestkeeper. She's full of energy and life now, and the clan respects her deeply.

The one you made for Maeve was beautiful, so I'm excited to see what you come up with for Shandora ^^
mpVzeK8.gif l19-m29-m29-book.pngl19-m29-l19-book.pngs8-book.pngm2-book.pngl4-book.pngm23-book.pngs18-book.pngT16.png
ASbXVY4.png
BgfbVh5.gif • She/her
• Fr +9
Wishlist
@AlienJack Moved to Art Sales! The Creative Corner is not a sales forum. Thanks!
@AlienJack Moved to Art Sales! The Creative Corner is not a sales forum. Thanks!
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
@JCStitches this is a free poetry thread, which is why i hadn't listed it in Sales. thank you for the heads up about moving it, though! i'll update all my links accordingly
@JCStitches this is a free poetry thread, which is why i hadn't listed it in Sales. thank you for the heads up about moving it, though! i'll update all my links accordingly
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@alienjack Sorry about the mistake! Your thread has been moved by to Creative Corner, so you don't need to update links.
@alienjack Sorry about the mistake! Your thread has been moved by to Creative Corner, so you don't need to update links.
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
@Jaspernoir @retrodetective @Maevepanda just giving you all a heads up that i likely won't get to writing your poems for another week or so! life has been crazy hectic lately, i appreciate y'all's patience and understanding <3
@Jaspernoir @retrodetective @Maevepanda just giving you all a heads up that i likely won't get to writing your poems for another week or so! life has been crazy hectic lately, i appreciate y'all's patience and understanding <3
mark twain wrote:
that needed it most?
@alienjack no worries! RL comes first! Take care of yourself.
@alienjack no worries! RL comes first! Take care of yourself.
qXSwF3U.png233SM6q.png Jay (she/her)

Tortoiseshell Tea Haus (a hatchery)
The Foxfire Fortune Clan (a biolocke)

The Melting Pot
Baldwin Manufacturing Plant
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28