Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wandering Winds {DISCONTINUED}
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 247 248
@Aetherstorm
welcome! anytime!
@Aetherstorm
welcome! anytime!
15584.png21402.png3083.png22391.pngshe/her- bi dom crazy +1 FR time
@Aetherstorm Aaaahhhh! He's so beautiful! Great job @AmberHive <3
@Aetherstorm Aaaahhhh! He's so beautiful! Great job @AmberHive <3
................. 0cN4SZY.png Maya | She/Her | FR+0 | Wishlist z7QAD3o.png
@Moonsong48
oh thank you!
@Moonsong48
oh thank you!
@AmberHive No problem ^^
@AmberHive No problem ^^
@AmberHive
I'm seriously glad I stumbled upon someone who is so good at art XD
@AmberHive
I'm seriously glad I stumbled upon someone who is so good at art XD
@Aetherstorm
aww thanks... <3
@Aetherstorm
aww thanks... <3
[center][item=blackworm] (Coli! I'll be doing it with Opal, Janus, and Jade this time.) [b]Day 6:[/b] [b]"Show us your magic, show us your magic!"[/b] Opal chanted at Janus. Zaffer was sitting beside her, his head tucked under one wing. [i]Probably because he hates his magic.[/i] Jade thought. The young Imperial was always sensitive about the topic of magic. Ash was digging his beak into the ground searching for greenworms nearby. [b]"Okay, [i]Opal[/i]."[/b] Janus said, grinning. He said Opal's name with a meaning, probably because he had only recently learned all of their names and wanted to get them right. [b]"Watch this."[/b] Janus turned around to face the shadows that were splayed across the ground from the bamboo. They were light, but they were there. Janus narrowed his eyes, which seemed to glow darker, if that was even possible. The bamboo's shadows abruptly darkened, so much that you could only just tell that they were shadows, and not just a black patch of grass. Opal ran over and placed one of her front paws into the patch of grass covered by shadow. [b]"Whoa, cool!"[/b] She said enthusiastically, felling around some more. All of a sudden, where her scales came in contact with the greenery below, the grass instantly grew and extra foot. [b]"Ahh!"[/b] Opal cried, leaping back. Janus smiled at her reaction to the magic. [b]"I guess your being excited took over your magic for a second there."[/b] He said with a smile. Zaffer cringed back slightly at these words, but no one except Jade seemed to notice. She would have walked up and comforted the socially awkward Imperial, but Poseidon beat her to it. But he talked to Janus instead. [b]"So all you can do is make shadows darker?"[/b] He asked, his face neutral. Jade could easily tell he was still wary about having Janus amongst them. Janus shook his head, either oblivious to Poseidon's hostility or bluntly ignoring it. [b]"I can also do this."[/b] Janus said, raising his talons. With that, a blob of darkness spread out from Janus' spot, so dark you could barley see his scales. It quickly enveloped the whole clearing, and the clearing only. A shadow of grin was visible on Janus' face. [b]"And this."[/b] Janus repeated. He blinked once and he disappeared, only empty air visible where the shape of a spiral used to be. Poseidon suddenly leaped forward with a yelp, and Jade felt something whoosh by her snout, though she didn't see anything. Ash didn't seem bothered by the abrupt darkness though. The little sparrowmouse seemed to be enjoying it. She tried squinting around the clearing, but could only see the startled faces of Zaffer, Opal, and Poseidon. Janus was nowhere to be found. Jade blinked, and the clearing was light again, not a speck of shadow was out of place. Even the ones that Janus had previously darkened were back at their previous state. Janus was coiled up in the center of the clearing again, smirking mischievously. [b]"Making the whole clearing dark is called Umbrakinesis, and I did a cool thing where you bend the darkness around yourself to make yourself look invisible for that other part."[/b] Janus explained cooly. [b]"I can also shadow travel, but I want to be careful with my magic, so I shouldn't show you that right now."[/b] Poseidon nodded shakily. He was obviously still rattled. Opal scurried over to Jade's side. [b]"The giant purple noodle can be [i]invisible[/i]!"[/b] She said in a whisper, as if Jade hadn't seen it with her own eyes. Jade nodded back to her. [b]"I know."[/b] She said. [b]"But his name is Janus. And he's a dragon. About as much as a giant purple noodle as I am a giant flying snake."[/b] Jade thought about what she had said for a moment. [b]"Scratch that."[/b] She said quickly. [b]"He's not a giant purple noodle [i]at all[/i]."[/b] Opal gave her a skeptical look, as if she didn't fully believe it. [b]"Oh, okay then."[/b] Jade looked up and saw Janus staring at the two of them, an amused twinkle in his eyes. Jade felt heat rush into her cheeks and looked away hurriedly. Opal looked back and forth between them for a moment, then a knowing smile spread across her face. She didn't say anything, but Jade suddenly felt very exposed. [i]Oh, Windsinger.[/i] Jade pleaded, caught between laughing with amusement because Opal noticed or crying out in distress because Opal noticed. [i]Don't let her blab about it too early.[/i] -----[/center] @Moonsong48 @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige @Skyeset @PrussianWizards Sorry that this is exceptionally short, but I still hope you like it! And yep, it's pretty obvious that Jade has a crush on janus now XD

(Coli! I'll be doing it with Opal, Janus, and Jade this time.)

Day 6:
"Show us your magic, show us your magic!" Opal chanted at Janus. Zaffer was sitting beside her, his head tucked under one wing. Probably because he hates his magic. Jade thought. The young Imperial was always sensitive about the topic of magic. Ash was digging his beak into the ground searching for greenworms nearby.

"Okay, Opal." Janus said, grinning. He said Opal's name with a meaning, probably because he had only recently learned all of their names and wanted to get them right. "Watch this." Janus turned around to face the shadows that were splayed across the ground from the bamboo. They were light, but they were there.

Janus narrowed his eyes, which seemed to glow darker, if that was even possible. The bamboo's shadows abruptly darkened, so much that you could only just tell that they were shadows, and not just a black patch of grass. Opal ran over and placed one of her front paws into the patch of grass covered by shadow.

"Whoa, cool!" She said enthusiastically, felling around some more. All of a sudden, where her scales came in contact with the greenery below, the grass instantly grew and extra foot. "Ahh!" Opal cried, leaping back. Janus smiled at her reaction to the magic. "I guess your being excited took over your magic for a second there." He said with a smile. Zaffer cringed back slightly at these words, but no one except Jade seemed to notice.

She would have walked up and comforted the socially awkward Imperial, but Poseidon beat her to it. But he talked to Janus instead. "So all you can do is make shadows darker?" He asked, his face neutral. Jade could easily tell he was still wary about having Janus amongst them. Janus shook his head, either oblivious to Poseidon's hostility or bluntly ignoring it.

"I can also do this." Janus said, raising his talons. With that, a blob of darkness spread out from Janus' spot, so dark you could barley see his scales. It quickly enveloped the whole clearing, and the clearing only. A shadow of grin was visible on Janus' face.

"And this." Janus repeated. He blinked once and he disappeared, only empty air visible where the shape of a spiral used to be. Poseidon suddenly leaped forward with a yelp, and Jade felt something whoosh by her snout, though she didn't see anything. Ash didn't seem bothered by the abrupt darkness though. The little sparrowmouse seemed to be enjoying it.

She tried squinting around the clearing, but could only see the startled faces of Zaffer, Opal, and Poseidon. Janus was nowhere to be found. Jade blinked, and the clearing was light again, not a speck of shadow was out of place. Even the ones that Janus had previously darkened were back at their previous state. Janus was coiled up in the center of the clearing again, smirking mischievously.

"Making the whole clearing dark is called Umbrakinesis, and I did a cool thing where you bend the darkness around yourself to make yourself look invisible for that other part." Janus explained cooly. "I can also shadow travel, but I want to be careful with my magic, so I shouldn't show you that right now."

Poseidon nodded shakily. He was obviously still rattled. Opal scurried over to Jade's side. "The giant purple noodle can be invisible!" She said in a whisper, as if Jade hadn't seen it with her own eyes. Jade nodded back to her. "I know." She said. "But his name is Janus. And he's a dragon. About as much as a giant purple noodle as I am a giant flying snake."

Jade thought about what she had said for a moment. "Scratch that." She said quickly. "He's not a giant purple noodle at all." Opal gave her a skeptical look, as if she didn't fully believe it. "Oh, okay then."

Jade looked up and saw Janus staring at the two of them, an amused twinkle in his eyes. Jade felt heat rush into her cheeks and looked away hurriedly. Opal looked back and forth between them for a moment, then a knowing smile spread across her face. She didn't say anything, but Jade suddenly felt very exposed.

Oh, Windsinger. Jade pleaded, caught between laughing with amusement because Opal noticed or crying out in distress because Opal noticed. Don't let her blab about it too early.

@Moonsong48 @Spottedleaf125 @KallyPaige
@Skyeset @PrussianWizards
Sorry that this is exceptionally short, but I still hope you like it! And yep, it's pretty obvious that Jade has a crush on janus now XD
@Aetherstorm giANT PURPLE NOOOOODLE

"About as much as a giant purple noodle as I am a giant flying snake."

^ most beautiful sentence ever <3

also AAAAAAAAAH how did I never notice Opal and Zaffer are all grown up now ;-; my babies
@Aetherstorm giANT PURPLE NOOOOODLE

"About as much as a giant purple noodle as I am a giant flying snake."

^ most beautiful sentence ever <3

also AAAAAAAAAH how did I never notice Opal and Zaffer are all grown up now ;-; my babies
@Moonsong48 Thanks youse!!! I'm glad you like the sentence. I actually got inspiration from one of your posts: [quote name="Moonsong48" date=2017-08-14 13:29:38] I ship giant purple noodle with giant flying snake ^^ [/quote] I do too!!! I know right, they grow up so fast :D But in the pinkerlocke, they're actually [i]half[/i]-grown. We wouldn't want them growing up too fast now, would we? XD
@Moonsong48
Thanks youse!!! I'm glad you like the sentence. I actually got inspiration from one of your posts:
Moonsong48 wrote on 2017-08-14:
I ship giant purple noodle with giant flying snake ^^
I do too!!!

I know right, they grow up so fast :D But in the pinkerlocke, they're actually half-grown. We wouldn't want them growing up too fast now, would we? XD
Also, just changed the Pinkerlocke name to something that suits it a whole lot better :D
Hope you all will enjoy "The Wandering Winds" in the future!!!
Thank you @Spottedleaf125 for helping me with names!
Also, just changed the Pinkerlocke name to something that suits it a whole lot better :D
Hope you all will enjoy "The Wandering Winds" in the future!!!
Thank you @Spottedleaf125 for helping me with names!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 247 248