Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wandering Winds {DISCONTINUED}
1 2 ... 166 167 168 169 170 ... 247 248
[center][item=cheerful chime] (I re-read one of my favorite webcomics and OMG THE INSPIRATION) [b]Day 114:[/b] Juno crept cautiously through the forest, Lost trailing a few feet behind her. The tundra had her nose in the air, searching for any whiff of her friends or something that might show them where they were. But there was nothing but the smell of nature lingering in the air, along with the nauseating smell of pure evil a few feet behind her. Juno turned to glance worridley at Lost, who was shivering and struggling to keep pace with the tundra. [b]"Are you okay?"[/b] Juno asked her for about the fifth time. [b]"We can stop if you want."[/b] Lost shook her head vigorously, trembling so violently Juno feared her head would fall off. [b]"No."[/b] She insisted, voice weak but her tone fierce. [b]"We can't let it free. Stopping will help it."[/b] Juno shifted uneasily. She didn't fully understand this whole shade business that Lost was going through except that it was exceptionally dangerous, and setting it free didn't sound any better. Juno turned to continue walking when she felt something cold and thin catch her wrists, rooting her to the spot. She glanced at her talons and bit down a terrified shriek, instinctively attempting to leap away, her movements stifled. Lost spun around to see Juno's front legs ensnared by the shade's hungry tendrils, reaching out to drag another innocent dragon into it's eternal darkness. The pearlcatcher stepped forward to intervene, but Juno's jaws had already snapped open, spewing frigid, condensed icy air over the hungry black tendrils. They sprung back with a hiss of pain that seemed to ricochet in Lost's brain, reluctantly releasing the tundra and melting back into the shadows. Lost was just about to breathe in relief when something tugged at her own limbs, roughly pulling her towards the trees. A single tentacle of endless icy darkness encircled her snout, shoving her cry for help right back down her throat. Only a muffled shout managed to escape her lips, but that was more than enough to catch Juno's attention. Without thinking the tundra sprang forward, exhaling frosty mist over the encroaching darkness. It made contact, bathing the darkness in faintly transparent ice. The shadows slunk away, only to reappear moment later and ensnare Lost once again. [b]"Go."[/b] Lost growled, fighting away the tendril that tried in vain to circle her snout. [b]"I'll survive, you won't. [i]Go[/i]!"[/b] Juno's eyes grew wide and she took a step back. [b]"I. . . I won't leave you!"[/b] She protested, her voice strangled with panic. Lost summoned all her willpower and fed it into a fierce glare, piercing Juno with her glowing eyes as the shade pulled her further back into the darkness. [b]"GO!"[/b] Lost snarled, her voice stronger then it had been in a while. [b]"And don't forget about the ice!"[/b] With that, the shade gave a final vicious pull and Lost was thrown back and into the darkness, swallowed up by the shadows and gone in an instant. Even after the pearlcatcher had vanished, the darkness continued churning, frothing and spitting like boiling water. Juno gulped nervously, backing away. Then suddenly the shadows burst like a bloated balloon, scattering endless lumps of ethereal darkness into the air, which spun and dipped through the trees like each had a mind of their own. Juno turned tail and bolted, a faint, ghastly screech filling her ears. It seemed to come from everywhere an nowhere at once, filled by a thousand voices that weren't her own. A low, menacing growl abruptly cut through the otherworldly scream and Juno dug her claws into the ground, screeching to a halt. She felt a prickling in the nape of her neck, like someone was watching her. Juno slowly turned around, eyeing the trees. They seemed to loom higher, their shadows turning darker, as if the very forest was scowling down at her. But then piercing eyes appeared in the darkness, slitted and pupil-less as they surveyed Juno as if she was a potential meal. The tundra felt her heartbeat intensify and made to step away, when more harsh growls and barks resounded from behind her. She nearly jumped out of her fur, finding several more pairs of those creepy, soulless eyes staring out of the trees at her. Juno suddenly felt very small, surrounded by these faceless creatures and their merciless, glowing eyes. She could feel her fur stand on end every time they so much as breathed, her heart clenching in fear. Not having any other choice, Juno pulled her lips back in a snarl flashing her abnormally sharp teeth and bracing herself for the fight that was to come. ~*~ A loud, ominous howl broke through the quite night air, echoing eerily through the forest. Opal jolted awake, breathing laboriously as if she'd just run several miles. She was curled up against August's side, who was still breathing calmly and rhythmically, his tail entwined with hers. The moon hung far overhead, it's faint light filtering through the leaves and lighting up the forest floor with dancing silver spots. The howling still seemed to ring in Opal's ears, forcing a shiver up her spine. She pressed herself closer to August and his warmth, the skydancer's black mane tickling her scales. The forest was a bit creepy on a regular basis, but tonight it felt downright sinister. There was something [i]off[/i] about the atmosphere she couldn't quite put her claw on. She was now so close to August she could faintly feel his heartbeat, but her mate's warmth did little to comfort her now. Every time the trees rustled or a little creature scampered over the ground, she was filled with an unabiding sense of dread she couldn't shake off. Opal reluctantly got to her feet, shaking off the sleep that threatened to drag her down. [b]"August."[/b] She hissed, poking the skydancer's handsome face. [b]"August, [i]wake up[/i]."[/b] He made a miffed sound in the back of his sound and rolled away, still fast asleep. Opal rolled her eyes and jabbed him in the cheek again. [b]"You doofus, get up! We can't stay here."[/b] She added fiercely, grabbing his shoulders and roughly shaking him. August's eyes flicked open, then immediately began drifting shut again. [b]"Hmph."[/b] He muttered, prying in vain at Opal's claws. [b]"Stop it, I'm tiiiiiiireeeed."[/b] Opal rolled her eyes, then smacked August's head. He snapped awake, stumbling dizzily over the ground. [b]"Don't you feel it?"[/b] Opal hissed into his ear. [b]"Something's not right in the forest. We have to leave!"[/b] August met her deep green gaze, understanding dawning on his face. [b]"I feel it."[/b] He murmured, sounding deeply shaken. [b]"We need to get out of here."[/b] He tightly clutched Opal's talons, pulling her further into the forest. The nocturne rolled her eyes as she followed. [b]"That's what I said!"[/b] She muttered teasingly, lightly elbowing August in the ribs. He turned his head to grin at her, but worry still overshadowed his usually relaxed features. August's grip on her talons was very tight, and he didn't slow when they reached the cover of the trees. Opal was thoroughly unsettled by August's behavior. He was usually fidgety or nervous I dangerous situations, not stoically determined. [b]"Do. . . do you know what's going on?"[/b] Opal asked him anxiously. August shook his head, a small frown on his face. [b]"No, but I can tell something's really, really wrong."[/b] This did little to comfort Opal as the two of them wound their way through the forest, going nowhere in particular. [b]"What are we going to do about it?"[/b] Opal wondered, skipping over a gnarled root that stuck out of the ground. [b]"We're going to find our friends."[/b] August told her, his jaw set with determination. [b]"And then we're find out what the heck is going on."[/b][/center] ------ [size=2]@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @Dragonfruiteen @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @Chbosser @L1llysage @MayasDragons @FlawstheAnimal[/size] Yes, I know you're still wondering about the others. You'll get them tomorrow.

(I re-read one of my favorite webcomics and OMG THE INSPIRATION)

Day 114:
Juno crept cautiously through the forest, Lost trailing a few feet behind her. The tundra had her nose in the air, searching for any whiff of her friends or something that might show them where they were. But there was nothing but the smell of nature lingering in the air, along with the nauseating smell of pure evil a few feet behind her.

Juno turned to glance worridley at Lost, who was shivering and struggling to keep pace with the tundra. "Are you okay?" Juno asked her for about the fifth time. "We can stop if you want." Lost shook her head vigorously, trembling so violently Juno feared her head would fall off.

"No." She insisted, voice weak but her tone fierce. "We can't let it free. Stopping will help it." Juno shifted uneasily. She didn't fully understand this whole shade business that Lost was going through except that it was exceptionally dangerous, and setting it free didn't sound any better.

Juno turned to continue walking when she felt something cold and thin catch her wrists, rooting her to the spot. She glanced at her talons and bit down a terrified shriek, instinctively attempting to leap away, her movements stifled. Lost spun around to see Juno's front legs ensnared by the shade's hungry tendrils, reaching out to drag another innocent dragon into it's eternal darkness.

The pearlcatcher stepped forward to intervene, but Juno's jaws had already snapped open, spewing frigid, condensed icy air over the hungry black tendrils. They sprung back with a hiss of pain that seemed to ricochet in Lost's brain, reluctantly releasing the tundra and melting back into the shadows.

Lost was just about to breathe in relief when something tugged at her own limbs, roughly pulling her towards the trees. A single tentacle of endless icy darkness encircled her snout, shoving her cry for help right back down her throat. Only a muffled shout managed to escape her lips, but that was more than enough to catch Juno's attention.

Without thinking the tundra sprang forward, exhaling frosty mist over the encroaching darkness. It made contact, bathing the darkness in faintly transparent ice. The shadows slunk away, only to reappear moment later and ensnare Lost once again. "Go." Lost growled, fighting away the tendril that tried in vain to circle her snout. "I'll survive, you won't. Go!"

Juno's eyes grew wide and she took a step back. "I. . . I won't leave you!" She protested, her voice strangled with panic. Lost summoned all her willpower and fed it into a fierce glare, piercing Juno with her glowing eyes as the shade pulled her further back into the darkness. "GO!" Lost snarled, her voice stronger then it had been in a while. "And don't forget about the ice!"

With that, the shade gave a final vicious pull and Lost was thrown back and into the darkness, swallowed up by the shadows and gone in an instant. Even after the pearlcatcher had vanished, the darkness continued churning, frothing and spitting like boiling water. Juno gulped nervously, backing away.

Then suddenly the shadows burst like a bloated balloon, scattering endless lumps of ethereal darkness into the air, which spun and dipped through the trees like each had a mind of their own. Juno turned tail and bolted, a faint, ghastly screech filling her ears. It seemed to come from everywhere an nowhere at once, filled by a thousand voices that weren't her own.

A low, menacing growl abruptly cut through the otherworldly scream and Juno dug her claws into the ground, screeching to a halt. She felt a prickling in the nape of her neck, like someone was watching her. Juno slowly turned around, eyeing the trees. They seemed to loom higher, their shadows turning darker, as if the very forest was scowling down at her.

But then piercing eyes appeared in the darkness, slitted and pupil-less as they surveyed Juno as if she was a potential meal. The tundra felt her heartbeat intensify and made to step away, when more harsh growls and barks resounded from behind her. She nearly jumped out of her fur, finding several more pairs of those creepy, soulless eyes staring out of the trees at her.

Juno suddenly felt very small, surrounded by these faceless creatures and their merciless, glowing eyes. She could feel her fur stand on end every time they so much as breathed, her heart clenching in fear. Not having any other choice, Juno pulled her lips back in a snarl flashing her abnormally sharp teeth and bracing herself for the fight that was to come.

~*~

A loud, ominous howl broke through the quite night air, echoing eerily through the forest.

Opal jolted awake, breathing laboriously as if she'd just run several miles. She was curled up against August's side, who was still breathing calmly and rhythmically, his tail entwined with hers. The moon hung far overhead, it's faint light filtering through the leaves and lighting up the forest floor with dancing silver spots.

The howling still seemed to ring in Opal's ears, forcing a shiver up her spine. She pressed herself closer to August and his warmth, the skydancer's black mane tickling her scales. The forest was a bit creepy on a regular basis, but tonight it felt downright sinister. There was something off about the atmosphere she couldn't quite put her claw on.

She was now so close to August she could faintly feel his heartbeat, but her mate's warmth did little to comfort her now. Every time the trees rustled or a little creature scampered over the ground, she was filled with an unabiding sense of dread she couldn't shake off. Opal reluctantly got to her feet, shaking off the sleep that threatened to drag her down.

"August." She hissed, poking the skydancer's handsome face. "August, wake up." He made a miffed sound in the back of his sound and rolled away, still fast asleep. Opal rolled her eyes and jabbed him in the cheek again. "You doofus, get up! We can't stay here." She added fiercely, grabbing his shoulders and roughly shaking him.

August's eyes flicked open, then immediately began drifting shut again. "Hmph." He muttered, prying in vain at Opal's claws. "Stop it, I'm tiiiiiiireeeed." Opal rolled her eyes, then smacked August's head. He snapped awake, stumbling dizzily over the ground.

"Don't you feel it?" Opal hissed into his ear. "Something's not right in the forest. We have to leave!" August met her deep green gaze, understanding dawning on his face. "I feel it." He murmured, sounding deeply shaken. "We need to get out of here."

He tightly clutched Opal's talons, pulling her further into the forest. The nocturne rolled her eyes as she followed. "That's what I said!" She muttered teasingly, lightly elbowing August in the ribs. He turned his head to grin at her, but worry still overshadowed his usually relaxed features.

August's grip on her talons was very tight, and he didn't slow when they reached the cover of the trees. Opal was thoroughly unsettled by August's behavior. He was usually fidgety or nervous I dangerous situations, not stoically determined. "Do. . . do you know what's going on?" Opal asked him anxiously. August shook his head, a small frown on his face. "No, but I can tell something's really, really wrong."

This did little to comfort Opal as the two of them wound their way through the forest, going nowhere in particular. "What are we going to do about it?" Opal wondered, skipping over a gnarled root that stuck out of the ground. "We're going to find our friends." August told her, his jaw set with determination. "And then we're find out what the heck is going on."

@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @Dragonfruiteen @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @Chbosser @L1llysage @MayasDragons @FlawstheAnimal
Yes, I know you're still wondering about the others. You'll get them tomorrow.
NO NOT LOST
NO NOT LOST
thpt_flight_flag_small_by_jaynek0-dbz9mq4.png 8IRtN.gif WavAI.gif

385MS.pngU4KQjwE.gif
Pinkerlocke: Searching Shadows| Duskmages: a Subspecies| Art Gallery| Wishlist| Level 25 Cauldron

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
"The smell of pure evil"
Wonderful. Absolutely lovely.
XD
"The smell of pure evil"
Wonderful. Absolutely lovely.
XD
iVesxec.png
NO LOST!!!! :O

She better be okay after all of this, but I'm not particularly hopeful...
NO LOST!!!! :O

She better be okay after all of this, but I'm not particularly hopeful...
tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o2_100.pngbutton_by_cas_a_fras-dcm2381.png3_by_cas_a_fras-dcpx4tt.pngCorgii.png
*Grabbed an axe and started to chop shade's heads a off then stuffing them in a trophy case*
YOU BETTER NOT LET ANYONE AND I MEAN ANYONE DIE YOU IMPULSIVE, ARROGANCE OF AN IDIOTIC FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh and does anyone want a head? I'm afraid that I might not have enough room because I'm too busy chopping off heads to make another one or make it bigger.
*Grabbed an axe and started to chop shade's heads a off then stuffing them in a trophy case*
YOU BETTER NOT LET ANYONE AND I MEAN ANYONE DIE YOU IMPULSIVE, ARROGANCE OF AN IDIOTIC FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh and does anyone want a head? I'm afraid that I might not have enough room because I'm too busy chopping off heads to make another one or make it bigger.
Inspirational Quotes of Everyone!:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2463243
"Where there's a quote there's a story."
(inspired by MeraHunt)
@LuminusPrime

Tempting, but I think not. Feel free to turn the Shade into a very well blended smoothie! :D
@LuminusPrime

Tempting, but I think not. Feel free to turn the Shade into a very well blended smoothie! :D
2019-08-22.png
[center][item=Greystone Deer] (So, uhm. . . no Romeo and Seraphim today. I [i]promise[/i] I'll get to them, as soon as [s]tomorrow[/s] the plot demands it ;) [b]Day 115:[/b] [b]"Relax, I'm sure she's fine."[/b] Satira assured as overanxious Arion as they wound their way through the forest. [b]"Lost can take care of herself."[/b] Arion didn't look remortley reassured, so busy fidgeting with his talons he barely noticed as he nearly blundered into Ajax. The younger spiral jumped out of the way, but Arion just continued pacing, staring intently at the ground. [b]"We're not going to find her if you keep worrying."[/b] Satira told him, furrowing her brows. [b]"You're wasting time."[/b] Arion made a little annoyed sound in his throat, coming to an abrupt halt. [b]"There's something wrong here."[/b] He declared finally, glancing up at the two dragons watching him. [b]"And no, it doesn't just have to do with Lost."[/b] He added, catching the amused twinkle in Satira's eyes. [b]"It's something else."[/b] He murmured, turning his gaze to the shadows. [b]"Something a lot creepier. Can you guys feel it?"[/b] He glanced up and met Ajax's gaze. The younger spiral froze for a few moments before dipping his head in a slight nod. The forest seemed especially scary today, making his spine tingle anxiously every time the trees shifted. Sativa glanced sideways at him, something curious in her deep purple eyes. [b]"What does it mean?"[/b] She wondered in her ghost-like voice, an eerie smile tugging at her lips. Arion shivered, clutching his own arms for comfort. [b]"I dunno."[/b] He murmured. [b]"It's like the air is sick. And cold. And-"[/b] He was cut off by a sharp, gruff bark behind him, dripping with malice and enough venom to knock out a Roc. Arion leaped away in fear, the clearing somehow plunging into darkness as more growls and snarls joined the first. Ajax immediately tensed, feeling his shoulders and wings go rigid. More shapes seemed to fill the trees, their breath producing pale white mist in the humid air. Whatever these creatures were, they weren't natural. [b]"Satira, can you do that invisibility thing?"[/b] Arion asked her on the verge of panic. His voice was met with several angry barks and the rustling of foliage as the creatures crept closer, the darkness growing thicker as they advanced. Satira nodded and sutley as she could, looking both curious and fearful of the unknown creatures surrounding them. Arion nodded back, flexing his talons. [b]"Good."[/b] He breathed, his eyes sparking to life with electric blue light that eerily illuminated his face. [b]"Get ready to run."[/b] Then a howl broke through the tension. A loud, throaty howl that seemed to erupt from the sky itself. The creatures in the trees lunged as one, their forms were obscured by the violently bright electricity Arion had expelled from his talons. It rushed through the clearing and filled the air with sounds of pained whimpers and burning fur, proving once again just how powerful lightning magic could be Satira threw out her arms and Arion suddenly felt a comforting chill fall over his shoulders, far better then the sickening old that had filled the air moments before. Then suddenly something invisible, Satira, he was guessing, grabbed his shoulders and started dragging him away from the shapeless creatures and smell of ozone. The young spiral heard a suprised yelp and figured Satira must have grabbed Arion too, having turned all three of them invisible. Ajax's frantically beating heart just barley began to calm when something huge, furry, and reeking of burnt fur landed on his back, knocking him to the ground with heavy paws the side of his head. He collided with the hard earth with a grunt, feeling sharp pain flare through his body as claws as sharp and large as daggers dug into his neck. [b]"Ajax!"[/b] Satira's voice cried, abruptly turning visible again. The same word was halfway out of Arion's mouth too before another shapeless creature slammed into him and forced the spiral into the ground, snapping it's shapeless jaws dangerously close to his neck. The creature on Ajax's back growled into his ear, it's rotten breath making his scales tingle uncomfortably. Arion struggled a few yards in front of him, dangerously close to having his ears bitten off. Gritting his teeth, the older blue spiral summoned his magic once more, forcing it towards the creature on his back. It was forced into the air with an unearthly scream of pain, it's talon-like limbs smoking as it landed heavily on the solid earth. The creature on Ajax's back seemed momentarily taken off guard, it's attention drawn to it's mutilated comrade. Ajax suddenly felt something powerful and fierce roll through him like a pulse of rejuvenated energy, making him feel like the beast on his back was a mere puppet. With a shocking amount of strength he spun around and punched the creature right in the jaw, somehow forming a fist with his normally docile spiral hands. It felt like punching a wad of ethereal putty. It staggered away in surprise, loosening its grip. Ajax flailed and kicked it in what would have been the stomach on a normal animal, throwing it into the air with surprising force. The next instant the strength was gone, and Ajax immediately scrambled out of the way as the beast's claws came down on the space where he had been mere seconds ago. Then Arion's talons were on Ajax's shoulders, roughly shoving him forward and practically forcing him into Satira. [b]"[i]Move[/i]!"[/b] Arion snarled, jostling the both of them as he urged them onwards. [b]"I'll hold them off for a few seconds. Get out of here!"[/b] Satira opened her mouth to retort, but Arion pierced them both with a sharp glare that clearly said it wasn't up for discussion. Without much thought Ajax grabbed her talons and charged deeper into the forest, striving to get away from the formless monstrosities aiming to end their lives. He could vaguely feel Satira struggling against his grip, but she gave up after a few moments, just as desperate to escape as Ajax was. The atmosphere was still sickly and rigidly cold, but as the two of them ran through the forest, something seemed to change. A very faint shimmering silver light filled the air, as if casting a protective shell around the two of them and fending off the darkness. It filled Ajax with relief, and a burning curiosity as to what it could possibly be. Then a massive thunderbolt struck the earth behind them and they were pitched into the air, temporarily blinded as they crashed back into the earth. Ajax felt woozy, fading in and out of consciousness and fighting to stay awake. Only then did he realize his talons were empty. Satira had slid out of his grasp and disappeared, vanishing into thin air like smoke whisked away by the wind. Ajax jolted upright, immediately wide awake. He looked around frantically, ignoring the sounds of angry snarls getting closer, but Satira was nowhere to be found. As in [i]nowhere[/i] do be found. The nocturne had simply dissipated, leaving nothing behind but empty space.[/center] ------ [size=2]@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @Dragonfruiteen @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @Chbosser @L1llysage @MayasDragons @FlawstheAnimal[/size] Sorry about missing yesterday! I had a few things to deal with ^^'

(So, uhm. . . no Romeo and Seraphim today. I promise I'll get to them, as soon as tomorrow the plot demands it ;)

Day 115:
"Relax, I'm sure she's fine." Satira assured as overanxious Arion as they wound their way through the forest. "Lost can take care of herself." Arion didn't look remortley reassured, so busy fidgeting with his talons he barely noticed as he nearly blundered into Ajax. The younger spiral jumped out of the way, but Arion just continued pacing, staring intently at the ground.

"We're not going to find her if you keep worrying." Satira told him, furrowing her brows. "You're wasting time." Arion made a little annoyed sound in his throat, coming to an abrupt halt. "There's something wrong here." He declared finally, glancing up at the two dragons watching him. "And no, it doesn't just have to do with Lost." He added, catching the amused twinkle in Satira's eyes.

"It's something else." He murmured, turning his gaze to the shadows. "Something a lot creepier. Can you guys feel it?" He glanced up and met Ajax's gaze. The younger spiral froze for a few moments before dipping his head in a slight nod. The forest seemed especially scary today, making his spine tingle anxiously every time the trees shifted.

Sativa glanced sideways at him, something curious in her deep purple eyes. "What does it mean?" She wondered in her ghost-like voice, an eerie smile tugging at her lips. Arion shivered, clutching his own arms for comfort. "I dunno." He murmured. "It's like the air is sick. And cold. And-"

He was cut off by a sharp, gruff bark behind him, dripping with malice and enough venom to knock out a Roc. Arion leaped away in fear, the clearing somehow plunging into darkness as more growls and snarls joined the first. Ajax immediately tensed, feeling his shoulders and wings go rigid.

More shapes seemed to fill the trees, their breath producing pale white mist in the humid air. Whatever these creatures were, they weren't natural. "Satira, can you do that invisibility thing?" Arion asked her on the verge of panic. His voice was met with several angry barks and the rustling of foliage as the creatures crept closer, the darkness growing thicker as they advanced.

Satira nodded and sutley as she could, looking both curious and fearful of the unknown creatures surrounding them. Arion nodded back, flexing his talons. "Good." He breathed, his eyes sparking to life with electric blue light that eerily illuminated his face. "Get ready to run."

Then a howl broke through the tension. A loud, throaty howl that seemed to erupt from the sky itself. The creatures in the trees lunged as one, their forms were obscured by the violently bright electricity Arion had expelled from his talons. It rushed through the clearing and filled the air with sounds of pained whimpers and burning fur, proving once again just how powerful lightning magic could be

Satira threw out her arms and Arion suddenly felt a comforting chill fall over his shoulders, far better then the sickening old that had filled the air moments before. Then suddenly something invisible, Satira, he was guessing, grabbed his shoulders and started dragging him away from the shapeless creatures and smell of ozone.

The young spiral heard a suprised yelp and figured Satira must have grabbed Arion too, having turned all three of them invisible.

Ajax's frantically beating heart just barley began to calm when something huge, furry, and reeking of burnt fur landed on his back, knocking him to the ground with heavy paws the side of his head. He collided with the hard earth with a grunt, feeling sharp pain flare through his body as claws as sharp and large as daggers dug into his neck.

"Ajax!" Satira's voice cried, abruptly turning visible again. The same word was halfway out of Arion's mouth too before another shapeless creature slammed into him and forced the spiral into the ground, snapping it's shapeless jaws dangerously close to his neck. The creature on Ajax's back growled into his ear, it's rotten breath making his scales tingle uncomfortably.

Arion struggled a few yards in front of him, dangerously close to having his ears bitten off. Gritting his teeth, the older blue spiral summoned his magic once more, forcing it towards the creature on his back. It was forced into the air with an unearthly scream of pain, it's talon-like limbs smoking as it landed heavily on the solid earth.

The creature on Ajax's back seemed momentarily taken off guard, it's attention drawn to it's mutilated comrade. Ajax suddenly felt something powerful and fierce roll through him like a pulse of rejuvenated energy, making him feel like the beast on his back was a mere puppet.

With a shocking amount of strength he spun around and punched the creature right in the jaw, somehow forming a fist with his normally docile spiral hands. It felt like punching a wad of ethereal putty.

It staggered away in surprise, loosening its grip. Ajax flailed and kicked it in what would have been the stomach on a normal animal, throwing it into the air with surprising force. The next instant the strength was gone, and Ajax immediately scrambled out of the way as the beast's claws came down on the space where he had been mere seconds ago.

Then Arion's talons were on Ajax's shoulders, roughly shoving him forward and practically forcing him into Satira. "Move!" Arion snarled, jostling the both of them as he urged them onwards. "I'll hold them off for a few seconds. Get out of here!"

Satira opened her mouth to retort, but Arion pierced them both with a sharp glare that clearly said it wasn't up for discussion. Without much thought Ajax grabbed her talons and charged deeper into the forest, striving to get away from the formless monstrosities aiming to end their lives. He could vaguely feel Satira struggling against his grip, but she gave up after a few moments, just as desperate to escape as Ajax was.

The atmosphere was still sickly and rigidly cold, but as the two of them ran through the forest, something seemed to change. A very faint shimmering silver light filled the air, as if casting a protective shell around the two of them and fending off the darkness. It filled Ajax with relief, and a burning curiosity as to what it could possibly be.

Then a massive thunderbolt struck the earth behind them and they were pitched into the air, temporarily blinded as they crashed back into the earth. Ajax felt woozy, fading in and out of consciousness and fighting to stay awake.

Only then did he realize his talons were empty.

Satira had slid out of his grasp and disappeared, vanishing into thin air like smoke whisked away by the wind. Ajax jolted upright, immediately wide awake. He looked around frantically, ignoring the sounds of angry snarls getting closer, but Satira was nowhere to be found.

As in nowhere do be found.

The nocturne had simply dissipated, leaving nothing behind but empty space.

@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @Dragonfruiteen @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @Petall @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @Chbosser @L1llysage @MayasDragons @FlawstheAnimal
Sorry about missing yesterday! I had a few things to deal with ^^'
UM.
UM.
iVesxec.png
[quote name="Dragonfruiteen" date="2018-06-22 16:43:11" ] [b][i]UM. [/quote] yeah that about sums it up
Dragonfruiteen wrote on 2018-06-22 16:43:11:
UM.
yeah that about sums it up
thpt_flight_flag_small_by_jaynek0-dbz9mq4.png 8IRtN.gif WavAI.gif

385MS.pngU4KQjwE.gif
Pinkerlocke: Searching Shadows| Duskmages: a Subspecies| Art Gallery| Wishlist| Level 25 Cauldron

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
GUESS WHO'S GONNA WATCH JURASSIC WORLD 2 TOMORROW?!?

THAT'S RIGHT, ME!!!
GUESS WHO'S GONNA WATCH JURASSIC WORLD 2 TOMORROW?!?

THAT'S RIGHT, ME!!!
1 2 ... 166 167 168 169 170 ... 247 248