Creative Corner
Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Wandering Winds {DISCONTINUED}
1 2 ... 140 141 142 143 144 ... 247 248
[center][item=shattered serpent] (Well, this is pleasantly surprising ^w^) [b]Day 97:[/b] Once Hester had become more comfortable around everyone, they were all far more relaxed. Though the hatchling was still occasionally cold and isolated herself from the others, she usually seemed good-natured and willing to cope. It wasn't long after she was fed that her eyelids started drooping, though. Tired after an achingly long day of hiding, losing her mother, and the stress of meeting new dragons, sleep claimed little Hester in the end, and she slumped over on her squashy sleeping bag, her chest rising and falling rhythmically, sound asleep. Most dragons purposefully tried staying quiet after that, with Zaffer wincing every time he blundered into something. Myu did not seem to read the mood though. He kept anxiously pacing back and forth, gazing through the window that faced the forest and constantly pawing at the glass with his oversize claws. [b]"Wrowr!"[/b] He proclaimed, nudging Zaffer's shoulder. [b]"What is it?"[/b] The imperial hissed back quietly. Myu blinked back at him with large purple eyes. [b]"Mrreow!"[/b] He insisted, jerking his head towards the window. Zaffer wrinkled up his nose. [b]"You already went hunting, Myu."[/b] the imperial reminded him in hushed tones. [b]"Why do you need to-"[/b] Myu abruptly turned his back on him and sauntered away, giving Zaffer a disdainful flick of his tail. Without warning, the platinum, leopard-spotted guardian reared back and charged at the wooden doors, colliding with them with a crash like a gunshot. Nearly everyone flinched as Myu stumbled away from the wooden structures, shaking his head vigorously. His sudden attack on the doors had managed to not only brutally dent the wood, but also fling them open, cleanly splitting the lock in half. Without another sound Myu bolted out the open gap and immediately made for the forest, once again with uncanny finesse. Zaffer glanced around guiltily at the dragons collectively staring at the retreating guardian, feeling as if he were to blame. Wordlessly, Zaffer made to follow the guardian, ducking out of the bruised doors to follow him. Hester had somehow, miraculously, managed to sleep through this, merely shifting in her sleep with an irritated warble. Outside, Zaffer followed Myu with a lot more crashing than he thought was necessary, getting his long, antler-like horns tangled in the branches of low-hanging trees more than once. He had to duck several times to avoid getting decapitated. Myu shot the imperial a sharp glance from ahead, but looked rather smug he'd managed to coax the imperial into joining if on this odd forest quest. The cat dragon flicked his tail contemplatively, turning back to the forest and tasting the air in his odd manner, the wet, pale pink tongue darting out of his jaws. [b]"Could you at least tell me why we're here?"[/b] Zaffer asked sheepishly, detangling some ivy from his claws. [b]"I probably scared away half the huntable prey by now. . ."[/b] He trailed off as Myu nailed him with a very competent look, his tail twitching impatiently. [b]"Hrrrrm!"[/b] The guardian insisted, jerking his head in the direction of the denser woods. [b]"Hrawr?"[/b] Zaffer shook his head wordlessly, unable to grasp the guardian's meaning. Myu huffed irritably, scowling deeply at nothing in particular. [b]"Smell."[/b] He said, speaking suddenly. The guardian pointed to Zaffer, then his own nose, then waved his claws at the woods. [b]"Ashes."[/b] Zaffer started. [i]Ashes?[/i] He wondered dully. Myu gazed at him insistently, getting restless and gradually started pacing back and forth again. [b]"Okay, okay! I get it, I'm coming."[/b] Zaffer muttered, slinking after the guardian after he bounded deeper into the forest. It wasn't long until an acrid scent started stinging his nose, making it instinctively shrivel up in disgust. [b]"Ashes."[/b] Zaffer realized, easily identifying the sharp smell of burnt wood and ozone. Myu flicked his tail haughtily from up ahead, but didn't say anything as the two of them silently continued their trek through the woods. Pretty soon the smell of ash and charred wood became so overpowering Zaffer was sure he'd pass out. The air was soon thick with the heavy gray specks, filling his lungs with clouds of ash every time he inhaled. Zaffer staggered uneasily, about to suggest they turn back, when he and Myu were suddenly standing in a clearing in the midst of the dense woods. This didn't help, though, because no sun was able to shine through the thick ash that roiled overhead, and Zaffer could barely see two feet in front of his face. Reluctantly, he narrowed his eyes and channeled the tiniest bit of his fatal magic to clear the air. An odd magenta glow seemed to fill the space around him, lessening the amount of ash that still hung in the air until a remarkably little amount remained. [b]"Why-"[/b] Zaffer rasped, his voice hoarse from inhaling ashes. [b]"Why did you want me to see this?"[/b] Myu turned and inspected him with his intelligent purple eyes. [b]"Not just ashes."[/b] he rumbled, his already raspy voice nearly unintelligible beneath the ash that lined his throat. [b]"Someone. Someone. . . else."[/b] Zaffer blinked around, gratefully gulping in the cleaner air. [b]"There's someone here?"[/b] he echoed, his voice gradually clearing up. Myu nodded, swinging his head from side to side, his nostrils twitching. [b]"Yes."[/b] He rasped. [b]"Very little alive."[/b] [b]"They're barely [i]alive[/i]?"[/b] Zaffer sputtered, suddenly feeling far more awake. [b]"then we've gotta find them!"[/b] He leaped forward, shuffling through the ash-covered ground in search of something that might not have been there, sending thick plumes of it into the air every time he moved. Myu narrowed his eyes at the ground, being far more sensible in the search, and slowly prowled forward, the ash barley stirred beneath his talons. Zaffer stopped shoveling clawfuls of ashes aside and lifted his head to watch as Myu seemed to zero in on something on the far side of the clearing. With a startling realization, Zaffer noticed the ash seemed to have been painted in that direction, like something had fallen from the sky and crashed into the ground. It looked like it had tumbled that direction and gouged a faint trail into the ground as it went, scorching the formerly lush earth to ashes. Only this something seemed to have been set on fire, and possibly radioactive. Suddenly, Myu stopped, tentatively prodding at the ground. The earth shivered and shifted, and a shape surged out of the ground. It started coughing wildly and gasping for breath, ash lining the unknown dragon's throat. Myu purred proudly, and proceeded to jab the smaller figure in the chest in an attempt to help. Finally, the dragon seemed to gather enough breath to hobble to their feet, giving Zaffer a clear view of their face. It looked like a fae, rather large for his size, with startlingly yellow eyes that seemed to look into Zaffer's soul. The fae's body was so coated in ash it was difficult to discern what color the scales were beneath the thick gray power, even as he shakily got to his feet and shook himself to clear his head. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41540430] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/415405/41540430_350.png[/img] [/url] The fae weakly raised his head and cocked a wavering grin at the two dragons in front of him. [b]"Hello."[/b] He muttered raspily, looking as if he exhaled ash with every breath. [b]"Thanks for. . . saving me."[/b] The fae added uncertainty, as if unsure about his words. Zaffer stared at the small dragon, his mouth hanging open slightly. [b]"Who are you?"[/b] He blurted abruptly. [b]"And how did you cause all. . . this?"[/b] He added after a moment of silence, waving his claws at the wreckage surrounding them. The fae glanced around, apparently startled by what he saw. [b]"I. . . I really don't know."[/b] He admitted in a hoarse, croaky voice. [b]"I just remember a lot. . . a [i]lot[/i] of light."[/b] He tilted his head back and wrinkled his brow, staring at the sky with a bemused expression, as if wondering where he was. [b]"Well, do you remember your name?"[/b] Zaffer asked, nervously surveying the small-ish dragon. The fae opened his mouth to reply, but was swept away by a bought of heart-wrenching coughs. [b]"Yeah, I remember that."[/b] the fae croaked eventually, as if nothing had happened. But his chest was heaving as he gasped for air, the delicate little fae legs shaking, as if it strained him to stand. [b]"My. . . my name is Seraphim."[/b] The fae admitted after a few moments of, drawn-out silence. [b]"But you can call me Seraph."[/b] He managed to smile faintly at Myu and Zaffer, just as he slumped forward and collapsed on the ash-covered ground, talons splayed limply at his sides, unconscious.[/center] ------ [size=2]@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @Petall @L1llysage @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @Chbosser[/size] Well [i]THAT[/i] certainly went well owo Apparel ideas anyone?

(Well, this is pleasantly surprising ^w^)

Day 97:
Once Hester had become more comfortable around everyone, they were all far more relaxed. Though the hatchling was still occasionally cold and isolated herself from the others, she usually seemed good-natured and willing to cope.

It wasn't long after she was fed that her eyelids started drooping, though. Tired after an achingly long day of hiding, losing her mother, and the stress of meeting new dragons, sleep claimed little Hester in the end, and she slumped over on her squashy sleeping bag, her chest rising and falling rhythmically, sound asleep.

Most dragons purposefully tried staying quiet after that, with Zaffer wincing every time he blundered into something. Myu did not seem to read the mood though. He kept anxiously pacing back and forth, gazing through the window that faced the forest and constantly pawing at the glass with his oversize claws. "Wrowr!" He proclaimed, nudging Zaffer's shoulder.

"What is it?" The imperial hissed back quietly. Myu blinked back at him with large purple eyes. "Mrreow!" He insisted, jerking his head towards the window. Zaffer wrinkled up his nose. "You already went hunting, Myu." the imperial reminded him in hushed tones. "Why do you need to-"

Myu abruptly turned his back on him and sauntered away, giving Zaffer a disdainful flick of his tail. Without warning, the platinum, leopard-spotted guardian reared back and charged at the wooden doors, colliding with them with a crash like a gunshot.

Nearly everyone flinched as Myu stumbled away from the wooden structures, shaking his head vigorously. His sudden attack on the doors had managed to not only brutally dent the wood, but also fling them open, cleanly splitting the lock in half.

Without another sound Myu bolted out the open gap and immediately made for the forest, once again with uncanny finesse. Zaffer glanced around guiltily at the dragons collectively staring at the retreating guardian, feeling as if he were to blame. Wordlessly, Zaffer made to follow the guardian, ducking out of the bruised doors to follow him.

Hester had somehow, miraculously, managed to sleep through this, merely shifting in her sleep with an irritated warble. Outside, Zaffer followed Myu with a lot more crashing than he thought was necessary, getting his long, antler-like horns tangled in the branches of low-hanging trees more than once. He had to duck several times to avoid getting decapitated.

Myu shot the imperial a sharp glance from ahead, but looked rather smug he'd managed to coax the imperial into joining if on this odd forest quest. The cat dragon flicked his tail contemplatively, turning back to the forest and tasting the air in his odd manner, the wet, pale pink tongue darting out of his jaws.

"Could you at least tell me why we're here?" Zaffer asked sheepishly, detangling some ivy from his claws. "I probably scared away half the huntable prey by now. . ." He trailed off as Myu nailed him with a very competent look, his tail twitching impatiently.

"Hrrrrm!" The guardian insisted, jerking his head in the direction of the denser woods. "Hrawr?" Zaffer shook his head wordlessly, unable to grasp the guardian's meaning. Myu huffed irritably, scowling deeply at nothing in particular. "Smell." He said, speaking suddenly. The guardian pointed to Zaffer, then his own nose, then waved his claws at the woods. "Ashes."

Zaffer started. Ashes? He wondered dully. Myu gazed at him insistently, getting restless and gradually started pacing back and forth again. "Okay, okay! I get it, I'm coming." Zaffer muttered, slinking after the guardian after he bounded deeper into the forest. It wasn't long until an acrid scent started stinging his nose, making it instinctively shrivel up in disgust.

"Ashes." Zaffer realized, easily identifying the sharp smell of burnt wood and ozone. Myu flicked his tail haughtily from up ahead, but didn't say anything as the two of them silently continued their trek through the woods.

Pretty soon the smell of ash and charred wood became so overpowering Zaffer was sure he'd pass out. The air was soon thick with the heavy gray specks, filling his lungs with clouds of ash every time he inhaled. Zaffer staggered uneasily, about to suggest they turn back, when he and Myu were suddenly standing in a clearing in the midst of the dense woods.

This didn't help, though, because no sun was able to shine through the thick ash that roiled overhead, and Zaffer could barely see two feet in front of his face. Reluctantly, he narrowed his eyes and channeled the tiniest bit of his fatal magic to clear the air. An odd magenta glow seemed to fill the space around him, lessening the amount of ash that still hung in the air until a remarkably little amount remained.

"Why-" Zaffer rasped, his voice hoarse from inhaling ashes. "Why did you want me to see this?" Myu turned and inspected him with his intelligent purple eyes. "Not just ashes." he rumbled, his already raspy voice nearly unintelligible beneath the ash that lined his throat. "Someone. Someone. . . else."

Zaffer blinked around, gratefully gulping in the cleaner air. "There's someone here?" he echoed, his voice gradually clearing up. Myu nodded, swinging his head from side to side, his nostrils twitching. "Yes." He rasped. "Very little alive."

"They're barely alive?" Zaffer sputtered, suddenly feeling far more awake. "then we've gotta find them!" He leaped forward, shuffling through the ash-covered ground in search of something that might not have been there, sending thick plumes of it into the air every time he moved.

Myu narrowed his eyes at the ground, being far more sensible in the search, and slowly prowled forward, the ash barley stirred beneath his talons. Zaffer stopped shoveling clawfuls of ashes aside and lifted his head to watch as Myu seemed to zero in on something on the far side of the clearing.

With a startling realization, Zaffer noticed the ash seemed to have been painted in that direction, like something had fallen from the sky and crashed into the ground. It looked like it had tumbled that direction and gouged a faint trail into the ground as it went, scorching the formerly lush earth to ashes. Only this something seemed to have been set on fire, and possibly radioactive.

Suddenly, Myu stopped, tentatively prodding at the ground. The earth shivered and shifted, and a shape surged out of the ground. It started coughing wildly and gasping for breath, ash lining the unknown dragon's throat. Myu purred proudly, and proceeded to jab the smaller figure in the chest in an attempt to help.

Finally, the dragon seemed to gather enough breath to hobble to their feet, giving Zaffer a clear view of their face. It looked like a fae, rather large for his size, with startlingly yellow eyes that seemed to look into Zaffer's soul. The fae's body was so coated in ash it was difficult to discern what color the scales were beneath the thick gray power, even as he shakily got to his feet and shook himself to clear his head.

41540430_350.png

The fae weakly raised his head and cocked a wavering grin at the two dragons in front of him. "Hello." He muttered raspily, looking as if he exhaled ash with every breath. "Thanks for. . . saving me." The fae added uncertainty, as if unsure about his words. Zaffer stared at the small dragon, his mouth hanging open slightly.

"Who are you?" He blurted abruptly. "And how did you cause all. . . this?" He added after a moment of silence, waving his claws at the wreckage surrounding them. The fae glanced around, apparently startled by what he saw.

"I. . . I really don't know." He admitted in a hoarse, croaky voice. "I just remember a lot. . . a lot of light." He tilted his head back and wrinkled his brow, staring at the sky with a bemused expression, as if wondering where he was.

"Well, do you remember your name?" Zaffer asked, nervously surveying the small-ish dragon. The fae opened his mouth to reply, but was swept away by a bought of heart-wrenching coughs. "Yeah, I remember that." the fae croaked eventually, as if nothing had happened. But his chest was heaving as he gasped for air, the delicate little fae legs shaking, as if it strained him to stand.

"My. . . my name is Seraphim." The fae admitted after a few moments of, drawn-out silence. "But you can call me Seraph." He managed to smile faintly at Myu and Zaffer, just as he slumped forward and collapsed on the ash-covered ground, talons splayed limply at his sides, unconscious.

@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @Petall @L1llysage @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @Chbosser
Well THAT certainly went well owo

Apparel ideas anyone?

@Aetherstorm

POOR SERAPHIM
kinda reminds me of seraphina

MAYBE SOME SILVER STEAMPUNK STUV
@Aetherstorm

POOR SERAPHIM
kinda reminds me of seraphina

MAYBE SOME SILVER STEAMPUNK STUV
@Aetherstorm

Oooo Seraph's appearance reminds me of a dragon I used to have. The silver steampunk apparel went very well with that dragon.

I can't wait to learn more about this little guy...
@Aetherstorm

Oooo Seraph's appearance reminds me of a dragon I used to have. The silver steampunk apparel went very well with that dragon.

I can't wait to learn more about this little guy...
tumblr_pr6wevGMDK1ugssd3o2_100.pngbutton_by_cas_a_fras-dcm2381.png3_by_cas_a_fras-dcpx4tt.pngCorgii.png
[quote name="Aetherstorm" date="2018-05-24 04:54:51" ] Well, if this is your rage now, I sure don't want to know what your wrath will be like when we reach the 100's XP [/quote] Oh no... what are you planning
Aetherstorm wrote on 2018-05-24 04:54:51:
Well, if this is your rage now, I sure don't want to know what your wrath will be like when we reach the 100's XP
Oh no... what are you planning
2019-08-22.png
@WOF2012 @Petall
Thanks for the silver steampunk suggestions you two!

@Tirtouga678
>:3
@WOF2012 @Petall
Thanks for the silver steampunk suggestions you two!

@Tirtouga678
>:3
@Aetherstorm
Hi! Could you add me to the pinglist please? I started reading the story a few days ago and I'd love to be updated.
@Aetherstorm
Hi! Could you add me to the pinglist please? I started reading the story a few days ago and I'd love to be updated.
NZ8D4KR.png
I edit my posts too much because grammar and fixing things that don't sound right. You have been warned. ^^

Read my Timelocke! I update it with story almost every day!
@SpiceCookie
Sure!!! I'd be happy to add you :D
@SpiceCookie
Sure!!! I'd be happy to add you :D
O.o somehow I missed the update yesterday?! But OOH NEW DRAGON
wait is he like Zaffer, with lots of magic, cuz he kinda blew up a clearing
O.o somehow I missed the update yesterday?! But OOH NEW DRAGON
wait is he like Zaffer, with lots of magic, cuz he kinda blew up a clearing
thpt_flight_flag_small_by_jaynek0-dbz9mq4.png 8IRtN.gif WavAI.gif

385MS.pngU4KQjwE.gif
Pinkerlocke: Searching Shadows| Duskmages: a Subspecies| Art Gallery| Wishlist| Level 25 Cauldron

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
[center][item=chrome laser head] (Lore time :3) [b]Day 98:[/b] [b]"This'll help him."[/b] Dawn insisted confidently, tipping open the fae's tiny jaws. Uncorking another vial of crystal blue liquid, she tipped it over and poured a minimal amount onto the unconscious dragon's mouth, which rapidly disappeared down his throat. Seraph suddenly surged up once more, coughing and spluttering, a faint trickle of blue liquid trailing out of his mouth. [b]"What was that?"[/b] He rasped at once, pointing at the bottle. Dawn rolled her eyes. [b]"Oh, no need to thank me, really."[/b] She insisted sarcastically, rolling her eyes. [b]"It's a sort of cleansing elixir. Removes all your bad 'status effects' or something. A shame it doesn't do anything about the state of your throat though."[/b] She added with a thoughtful tip of the head. Seraph coughed into his hand, looking remarkably more healthy than he had in the scorched clearing. [b]"Thanks."[/b] He muttered gratefully, massaging his throat. [b]"I'm in debt. Dunno what would have happened if these two hadn't found me."[/b] He added, jerking a claw in the direction of Zaffer and Myu, who watched with rapt attention. [b]"We have [i]names[/i] you know."[/b] Zaffer reminded the small dragon with an amused snort. Seraph turned away with an apologetic shrug.[b] "Sorry."[/b] He murmured quietly. [b]"What [i]are[/i] your names?"[/b] [b]"I'm Zaffer, this is Myu, and the helpful wildclaw is Dawn."[/b] Zaffer replied simply, waving his claws at each of them in turn. [b]"There are quite a few more of us, but I think they're too busy with other stuff."[/b] A shape joined them just as he spoke these words, teasingly poking Zaffer's arm. [b]"Or [i]maybe[/i],"[/b] Aurora teased sassily. [b]"You never bothered to introduce us."[/b] Zaffer grew red in the face, which Seraph surveyed with surprised curiosity, as if he'd never seen a dragon blush. [b]"I'm Seraphim."[/b] The fae spoke in his entrancingly raspy voice, just as Zaffer opened his mouth to retort. [b]"But I like to be called Seraph."[/b] Aurora smiled kindly at him. [b]"I'm Aurora."[/b] She replied cheerily. [b]"Would you mind telling us where you came from?"[/b] Seraph squeezed his eyes shut, as if remembering a painful memory. [b]"No."[/b] He admitted quietly after a long silence. [b]"I remember my brothers. . . and some sort of really sharp things in my neck."[/b] He added after a moment, subconsciously raising his talons to graze the scales around his neck. [b]"After that, I felt really light, like I was part of something ethereal."[/b] Seraph visibly shivered. [b]"I don't remember anything I could see except for a blinding yellow light. It was always there. Even when I closed my eyes. . ."[/b] Seraph gradually trailed off, his already hoarse voice weakening. [b]"It was awful."[/b] He added after a second of contemplation, his voice frail. [b]"I-I'm sorry."[/b] Zaffer murmured after a short silence. [b]"Why d'you think it stopped?"[/b] Seraph raised his shoulders in a shrug once again.[b] "I don't know, really. I could only guess"[/b] He admitted hoarsely, the fins on the crest of his head drooping. [b]"After a while with the light, I got a particularly painful jab in my throat."[/b] The fae's talons gently grazed the base of his neck for emphasis at Zaffer's inquiring look. [b]"After that, the light wasn't just blinding, it was incredibly [i]hot[/i]. I couldn't bear it."[/b] There was now an unmistakable wince in his voice as he spoke. [b]"So I screamed."[/b] Seraph stated simply. [b]"Or what [i]felt[/i] like screaming. It was like all of this energy was rushing through me, out of me, setting me on fire. My voice was gone and suddenly I slammed into something hard, and the blinding light vanished."[/b] A sigh of relief escaped his mouth, which the fae did not attempt to cover up. [b]"A bit after that, I woke up and found you guys."[/b] He added, glancing gratefully up at Zaffer and Myu with his extraordinarily golden eyes. [b]"I can't thank you enough, really. Even if I'm not obvious about it."[/b] He added in a slightly guilty whisper. Aurora smiled and leaned into Zaffer's side. [b]"Don't worry, I'm sure they understand."[/b] She said, grinning at her mate. [b]"This group of dragons is used to saving dragons like you. And me."[/b] She added, glancing quickly at Zaffer, hurriedly looking away as he turned to meet her eyes. A small smile flickered across Seraph's face. [b]"That's certainly reassuring."[/b] He insisted earnestly, slightly loosing the rigid tension in his wings. [b]"Because I think I might be stuck with you all for quite a while."[/b][/center] -------- [size=2]@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @GhostBreath @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @Chbosser @L1llysage[/size] Sorry this seems randomly thrown together guys, I'm overnighting at a friend's house and I have limited time on the computer ^^'

(Lore time :3)

Day 98:
"This'll help him." Dawn insisted confidently, tipping open the fae's tiny jaws. Uncorking another vial of crystal blue liquid, she tipped it over and poured a minimal amount onto the unconscious dragon's mouth, which rapidly disappeared down his throat.

Seraph suddenly surged up once more, coughing and spluttering, a faint trickle of blue liquid trailing out of his mouth. "What was that?" He rasped at once, pointing at the bottle. Dawn rolled her eyes. "Oh, no need to thank me, really." She insisted sarcastically, rolling her eyes. "It's a sort of cleansing elixir. Removes all your bad 'status effects' or something. A shame it doesn't do anything about the state of your throat though." She added with a thoughtful tip of the head.

Seraph coughed into his hand, looking remarkably more healthy than he had in the scorched clearing. "Thanks." He muttered gratefully, massaging his throat. "I'm in debt. Dunno what would have happened if these two hadn't found me." He added, jerking a claw in the direction of Zaffer and Myu, who watched with rapt attention.

"We have names you know." Zaffer reminded the small dragon with an amused snort. Seraph turned away with an apologetic shrug. "Sorry." He murmured quietly. "What are your names?"

"I'm Zaffer, this is Myu, and the helpful wildclaw is Dawn." Zaffer replied simply, waving his claws at each of them in turn. "There are quite a few more of us, but I think they're too busy with other stuff." A shape joined them just as he spoke these words, teasingly poking Zaffer's arm. "Or maybe," Aurora teased sassily. "You never bothered to introduce us."

Zaffer grew red in the face, which Seraph surveyed with surprised curiosity, as if he'd never seen a dragon blush. "I'm Seraphim." The fae spoke in his entrancingly raspy voice, just as Zaffer opened his mouth to retort. "But I like to be called Seraph." Aurora smiled kindly at him. "I'm Aurora." She replied cheerily. "Would you mind telling us where you came from?"

Seraph squeezed his eyes shut, as if remembering a painful memory. "No." He admitted quietly after a long silence. "I remember my brothers. . . and some sort of really sharp things in my neck." He added after a moment, subconsciously raising his talons to graze the scales around his neck. "After that, I felt really light, like I was part of something ethereal." Seraph visibly shivered.

"I don't remember anything I could see except for a blinding yellow light. It was always there. Even when I closed my eyes. . ." Seraph gradually trailed off, his already hoarse voice weakening. "It was awful." He added after a second of contemplation, his voice frail.

"I-I'm sorry." Zaffer murmured after a short silence. "Why d'you think it stopped?" Seraph raised his shoulders in a shrug once again. "I don't know, really. I could only guess" He admitted hoarsely, the fins on the crest of his head drooping.

"After a while with the light, I got a particularly painful jab in my throat." The fae's talons gently grazed the base of his neck for emphasis at Zaffer's inquiring look. "After that, the light wasn't just blinding, it was incredibly hot. I couldn't bear it." There was now an unmistakable wince in his voice as he spoke.

"So I screamed." Seraph stated simply. "Or what felt like screaming. It was like all of this energy was rushing through me, out of me, setting me on fire. My voice was gone and suddenly I slammed into something hard, and the blinding light vanished." A sigh of relief escaped his mouth, which the fae did not attempt to cover up.

"A bit after that, I woke up and found you guys." He added, glancing gratefully up at Zaffer and Myu with his extraordinarily golden eyes. "I can't thank you enough, really. Even if I'm not obvious about it." He added in a slightly guilty whisper.

Aurora smiled and leaned into Zaffer's side. "Don't worry, I'm sure they understand." She said, grinning at her mate. "This group of dragons is used to saving dragons like you. And me." She added, glancing quickly at Zaffer, hurriedly looking away as he turned to meet her eyes.

A small smile flickered across Seraph's face. "That's certainly reassuring." He insisted earnestly, slightly loosing the rigid tension in his wings. "Because I think I might be stuck with you all for quite a while."

@AmberHive @mayanaz @Spottedleaf125 @Skyeset @Moon314 @WildRose42 @PrussianWizards @CleverDual @Firedawn @Dragondreamer @Shadow104 @ScaledBookworm @LuminusPrime @CrAZDragon @DragonMist @Shadowhunter43 @Digimon11 @Avu42 @MythicalMemeLord @GhostBreath @Vyxen @VioletEevee @Verdant @Sanddollar @Faolyn @Bluebirdi3 @ThornOfStorm130 @ObsidianMage @TropicalDiamonds @fenshae @Birdleap18 @SpiceCookie @Catkidemma @WOF2012 @Chbosser @L1llysage
Sorry this seems randomly thrown together guys, I'm overnighting at a friend's house and I have limited time on the computer ^^'
the entry is cool! even though it's short, it's still good!

i drew a picture of Austin the tin can king singing "HELLO FROM THE OTHER SIDE!!!"
the entry is cool! even though it's short, it's still good!

i drew a picture of Austin the tin can king singing "HELLO FROM THE OTHER SIDE!!!"
1 2 ... 140 141 142 143 144 ... 247 248