Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Thin Ice [Pinkerlocke]
1 2 3
Hey guys! Not gonna ping anyone since this isn't an update.

I just wanted to say that this Pinkerlocke isn't dead! Right now, I'm doing two jobs and an internship, so I don't have a lot of spare time on my hands for my hobbies. :(

I promise I'll be back with the next part of Sance and Felka's tale as soon as I can!

(Also, I've added you to the pinglist, Vairocanna! Welcome and thank you!!!)
Hey guys! Not gonna ping anyone since this isn't an update.

I just wanted to say that this Pinkerlocke isn't dead! Right now, I'm doing two jobs and an internship, so I don't have a lot of spare time on my hands for my hobbies. :(

I promise I'll be back with the next part of Sance and Felka's tale as soon as I can!

(Also, I've added you to the pinglist, Vairocanna! Welcome and thank you!!!)
tumblr_oqcvng3u3g1vu82qko1_500.png
----- [center][b][size=5]. 6 .[/size][/b][/center] [center][b][size=3]Day 8[/size][/b][/center] [size=2] ----- Location: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/wiki/world-map/region/3]The Zephyr Steppes[/url] Current dragons: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2193240#post_27369838]Felka[/url], [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2193240#post_27369838]Sance[/url] ----- [center][item=Tanned Rogue Bracers][/center] [center][size=3]Apparel: New Dragon![/size][/center] ----- Sance and Felka decided that there was no point in searching the coast for shipwrecks until they knew for certain that there was a shipwreck to be found. When they parted ways with Kamea, they struck out to the north-west, which would take them over the Reedcleft Ascent and through the Starwood Strand, where they would learn whether or not their ship had made it to port. They travelled for three days and three nights without incident. The weather was mild, the breezes were warm, and the grasses that surrounded them stretched in every direction for as far as they could see, broken only by the tall, thick bushes that lined the gentle steppes. By day, they walked, stopping occasionally for food and water. By night, they would hunker together in the underbrush; Sance would tend the fire as Felka recorded the day’s travels in her journal. ----- On the morning of the fourth day, Sance was woken by a dragon crashing unceremoniously into the thick brush where they had settled down for the night. He scrambled to his feet, shaking off the lingering tendrils of sleep. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=134&bodygene=4&breed=11&element=3&gender=1&tert=31&tertgene=5&winggene=4&wings=31&auth=37d4c8fa01d7b2f7640a3c0fcc6b0ca83b27670a&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Felka was by his side in an instant. She reared back, preparing to strike out at the intruder, but stayed her claws when she was met with a whimper. “Please,” the nocturne said quietly from where she crouched low to the ground. “I’m just trying to hide! I didn’t know there was anyone already here.” Sance opened his mouth to speak, but the nocturne shushed him frantically. Sance looked to Felka. Felka looked to Sance. The nocturne stared at them both, pleading soundlessly with her eyes. After a second’s silent exchange, they nodded to the nocturne, who let out a breath and gave them a grateful nod. ----- [size=2] Since Sance and Felka aren’t able to breed, I followed the rules for a new adult dragon instead. Meet Trebuchet! Now that things have calmed down a bit irl, I’m looking forward to getting back to my babies and giving them the attention they deserve!! :> I’m hoping to update at least once a week from here on out! ----- [size=2] @InHeritent, @KyaniteGem, @DragonPanther888, @Vairocanna  -----

. 6 .
Day 8

Current dragons: Felka, Sance

Tanned Rogue Bracers
Apparel: New Dragon!

Sance and Felka decided that there was no point in searching the coast for shipwrecks until they knew for certain that there was a shipwreck to be found.

When they parted ways with Kamea, they struck out to the north-west, which would take them over the Reedcleft Ascent and through the Starwood Strand, where they would learn whether or not their ship had made it to port.

They travelled for three days and three nights without incident. The weather was mild, the breezes were warm, and the grasses that surrounded them stretched in every direction for as far as they could see, broken only by the tall, thick bushes that lined the gentle steppes. By day, they walked, stopping occasionally for food and water. By night, they would hunker together in the underbrush; Sance would tend the fire as Felka recorded the day’s travels in her journal.

On the morning of the fourth day, Sance was woken by a dragon crashing unceremoniously into the thick brush where they had settled down for the night. He scrambled to his feet, shaking off the lingering tendrils of sleep.

dragon?age=1&body=134&bodygene=4&breed=11&element=3&gender=1&tert=31&tertgene=5&winggene=4&wings=31&auth=37d4c8fa01d7b2f7640a3c0fcc6b0ca83b27670a&dummyext=prev.png

Felka was by his side in an instant. She reared back, preparing to strike out at the intruder, but stayed her claws when she was met with a whimper.

“Please,” the nocturne said quietly from where she crouched low to the ground. “I’m just trying to hide! I didn’t know there was anyone already here.”

Sance opened his mouth to speak, but the nocturne shushed him frantically.

Sance looked to Felka. Felka looked to Sance. The nocturne stared at them both, pleading soundlessly with her eyes.

After a second’s silent exchange, they nodded to the nocturne, who let out a breath and gave them a grateful nod.

Since Sance and Felka aren’t able to breed, I followed the rules for a new adult dragon instead. Meet Trebuchet!

Now that things have calmed down a bit irl, I’m looking forward to getting back to my babies and giving them the attention they deserve!! :> I’m hoping to update at least once a week from here on out!

@InHeritent, @KyaniteGem, @DragonPanther888, @Vairocanna 

@incendavery

May I be added to the pinglist? I need updates hnn also that noc is beautiful i love her
@incendavery

May I be added to the pinglist? I need updates hnn also that noc is beautiful i love her
tjjhFkf.png
@Gloomyreaper

Welcome!! I've added you to the pinglist! I'm currently trying to update at least once a week, so the next update should (hopefully!) be next Monday, at the latest. :>

Isn't she? I know I'm suuuuper biased because they're all my babies, but I think the three dragons I've ended up with so far are all so pretty! <3 I can't wait to draw another trinket so I can do some art of Trebuchet!!

Anyways, thank you so much for your interest in my locke!!!
@Gloomyreaper

Welcome!! I've added you to the pinglist! I'm currently trying to update at least once a week, so the next update should (hopefully!) be next Monday, at the latest. :>

Isn't she? I know I'm suuuuper biased because they're all my babies, but I think the three dragons I've ended up with so far are all so pretty! <3 I can't wait to draw another trinket so I can do some art of Trebuchet!!

Anyways, thank you so much for your interest in my locke!!!
----- [center][b][size=5]. 8 .[/size][/b][/center] [center][b][size=3]Day 10[/size][/b][/center] [size=2] ----- Location: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/wiki/world-map/region/3]The Zephyr Steppes[/url] Current dragons: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2193240#post_27369838]Felka[/url], [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2193240#post_27369838]Sance[/url], [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2193240/3#post_28386585]Trebuchet[/url] ([u][url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqntA0XsWg8&t=164s]optional ambience listening[/url][/u]) ----- [center][item=Smoky Quartz][/center] [center][size=3]Material: Do some writing[/size][/center] ----- Whatever the nocturne was hiding from, it was moving so silently through the fields outside the brush that all Sance could hear was the sound of the wind in the grass. He wasn’t sure how long he and Felka spent crouching silently next to the stranger; it could have been the better part of an hour, or it could just have been several incredibly tense minutes. Somewhere in the distance, Sance heard the keen chitter of a reedhopper. The wind dragon moved cautiously to the edge of the cover and peered out. After several tense moments, she signaled to Sance and Felka that the danger had passed. “Are you ok?” Sance asked. The nocturne nodded. “I’m pretty sure I lost them. We really gave each other a scare there, huh?” Felka chuckled sheepishly in agreement. The nocturne grinned back. “Thanks for not blowing my cover… I’m Trebuchet.” Sance and Felka introduced themselves, then set about tidying up their campsite. Trebuchet pitched in, stamping out the cinders of the night’s campfire and scattering dirt and leaves over the remains. “You two don’t look like wind dragons. What brings you to the Plateau?” Felka recounted their journey as they packed up; as she was explaining how they had asked all around at Kamea’s clan, but failed to turn up word of a shipwreck anywhere along the southern seaboard, the nocturne cut in. “I’ve been traveling north-east from the Blacksand Annex—I think I may know where to find this shipwreck of yours!” ----- [size=2] the thick plotens ----- [size=2] @InHeritent, @KyaniteGem, @DragonPanther888, @Vairocanna, @Gloomyreaper -----

. 8 .
Day 10

Current dragons: Felka, Sance, Trebuchet

(optional ambience listening)

Smoky Quartz
Material: Do some writing

Whatever the nocturne was hiding from, it was moving so silently through the fields outside the brush that all Sance could hear was the sound of the wind in the grass. He wasn’t sure how long he and Felka spent crouching silently next to the stranger; it could have been the better part of an hour, or it could just have been several incredibly tense minutes.

Somewhere in the distance, Sance heard the keen chitter of a reedhopper.

The wind dragon moved cautiously to the edge of the cover and peered out. After several tense moments, she signaled to Sance and Felka that the danger had passed.

“Are you ok?” Sance asked. The nocturne nodded.

“I’m pretty sure I lost them. We really gave each other a scare there, huh?”

Felka chuckled sheepishly in agreement. The nocturne grinned back.

“Thanks for not blowing my cover… I’m Trebuchet.”

Sance and Felka introduced themselves, then set about tidying up their campsite. Trebuchet pitched in, stamping out the cinders of the night’s campfire and scattering dirt and leaves over the remains.

“You two don’t look like wind dragons. What brings you to the Plateau?”

Felka recounted their journey as they packed up; as she was explaining how they had asked all around at Kamea’s clan, but failed to turn up word of a shipwreck anywhere along the southern seaboard, the nocturne cut in.

“I’ve been traveling north-east from the Blacksand Annex—I think I may know where to find this shipwreck of yours!”

the thick plotens

@InHeritent, @KyaniteGem, @DragonPanther888, @Vairocanna, @Gloomyreaper

1 2 3