Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Willow's Wrath [A Pinkerlocke] (Hiatus)
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13 14
[center][size=6][color=green][font=Garamond]Day {29}[/font] [font=wingdings]|[/font]——————————————[font=wingdings]|[/font][/color][/size] [item=Crumbling Leather] Writing[/center] [columns][indent] "Maple!" The call for the Nocturne rang through the camp. She glanced to see Treble waiting for her by her garden. The small dragoness made her way over, curious. Luana and Gabi were both out, practicing his training, or perhaps foraging for food. Maple had wanted to join them, but she knew it was important for Luana to spend time with her Charge as well. Besides, Maple wanted to fix up her nest in the solitary tree beside the storage hut - it was a disgrace. As Maple swooped down to the garden, Treble gestured to the soil underpaw. "My flower you give me," she said, "will, um, grow here." Maple looked to where Treble pointed. "A good spot for it," she declared. It was in the center of the garden, nestled among pink buds that smelled like citrus. "It will keep the others company, and strengthen their magical properties." Treble nodded, happy to hear that. "Yes, I think so. A good gift, from you. Helps my study. Thank-you." Maple imitated Treble's happy Coatl hum, and then said in Draconic, "It is your flower. I only delivered it." She paused, and then looked away, troubled. "I should visit the field today. It's been too long." Treble watched the Nocturne, before returning her attention to her garden. "Then go," she said simply. "Yes. Tell the others I'll be back, alright?" The Nocturne was about to flit away, but suddenly Luana and Gabi appeared from the edge of camp. It was clear they had heard the Nocturne. "Back from where?" Gabi asked curiously. Luana watched Maple with concern, and she was about to say something but the Nocturne cut her off. "The flower field," Maple said, uncomfortably. "Can I come?" Luana asked hopefully, stepping forward. Gabi watched from where he sat by the bounty they had brought back with them. Maple hesitated, and then said, "No. You'd better not." Her voice was soft, gentle. But still, the hurt was visible in Luana's eyes. She didn't know what else to say, or how to explain it. "I'll be back before sundown." Then, without another word, she flew away, her heart hurting without explanation. [i]It's because I have not checked on the flowers in so long,[/i] Maple told herself. [i]I haven't been away so long since they...[/i] She shook the thought away. Returning to the flower field would help her, calm her down. She was sure of it. But even as she tried to convince herself, her heart fluttered, knowing she was wrong. She came to the meadow quickly, and it was as if her arrival brought a beam of sunshine, brighter even than the true sun in the sky, to the flowers. The sun above seemed to smile upon the flower field as the Nocturne made her entrance. The light washed over the flowers, who turned to face her, their stems twisting and leaning in the breeze. [i]You're back![/i] they said in unison, waving in delight. [i]We thought you abandoned us,[/i] one pansy wailed dramatically. [i]Hush, child,[/i] an elderly rose said. [i]Arta wouldn't do that to us, would she? Not after all we've done for her.[/i] Maple ducked her head, her wings hung deeply behind her in apology. [i]Of course not, Mother Rosa. I apologize for my absence. I was - caught up - in other matters.[/i] [i]Ahh, but you're home now,[/i] a bright tulip said in delight. [i]And it is so lovely to see you again, dear.[/i] [i]And you, Lady Mune.[/i] Maple landed beside the flowers and walked through them, greeting them each one by one. She checked on their petals and their leaves, and inquired after their roots and pollen. But even as she settled into her role as caretaker of the flower field, she could still feel something unsettled inside herself. She wasn't sure how to tell the flowers she would not be staying overnight, but she also wasn't sure how she could return to the camp. The dragons there thought she would live with them. But this was her home, wasn't it? The flowers had taken her in, and promised her a safe home in exchange for their care. Could she - could she still care for them without living here? Would that ruin the contract they had made with one another? She wasn't sure, and she grew sadder with each flower she said hello to. And the flowers could sense it. [i]Arta,[/i] Mother Rosa called again, and Maple cringed to hear her true name on the rustle of the flower's petals. [i]I sense your distress. Talk to us, tell us of your pain. Have you been hurt beyond our field? We shall destroy any who ha -[/i] [i]It's not like that,[/i] Maple said quickly, slightly stunned at the devotion she could hear in the rose's tone. They were protective of her, as they promised they would be. They felt like family to Maple - how could she leave them? But then again, shouldn't she be among her own kind - dragonkind? They could be a family, too. She was torn. She finally told the flowers, [i]I'm just thinking. A lot has happened since I have been gone, and I don't know -[/i] There was no clear way to say this. Maple shut down. [i]- I must just be tired. I've been away too long, I don't know what I was thinking.[/i] Mother Rosa made an approving noise. A young flower, the same who had spoken first, spoke again, [i]Get some rest, then, Arta! You'll feel better after. Munie says that,[/i] Furl your leaves and rest in the breeze, and soon you're heart will be at ease[i] - right, Munie?[/i] Lady Mune laughed, a charming sound. [i]Right, Salya. Things will be alright when you wake, Arta.[/i] There was no arguing. Maple gave the flowers a grateful smile, and walked slowly to her old nest. The lining was brittle and dry, and the scent it had carried - of her, and the flowers - had faded in the days gone past. But still, it was her nest. She curled up, and slept, beneath the watch of the flowers, and the knowing shine of the sun high above. [/indent][/columns] -------- @Crobbin @Fletcher @Spottedleaf125 @Zerohour @Silverhame @stenops887 @/MoonlitLegacy @Petall @/Tiirran @/Violetah Hmm. Maybe I should try to start incorporating the items I pull into my story. That thought kinda escaped me until just now. :P @Violetah Thank-you so much! I'm glad you're enjoying things. And yes, we still need to wrap up that plot thread, don't we? :p A bit of info today on Maple's relationship with the flowers, but there's still more... You've been added to the pinglist! @Tiirran @MoonlitLegacy yay thanks! ♥♥♥ !! :3
Day {29}
|——————————————|

Crumbling Leather
Writing
"Maple!"

The call for the Nocturne rang through the camp. She glanced to see Treble waiting for her by her garden. The small dragoness made her way over, curious. Luana and Gabi were both out, practicing his training, or perhaps foraging for food. Maple had wanted to join them, but she knew it was important for Luana to spend time with her Charge as well. Besides, Maple wanted to fix up her nest in the solitary tree beside the storage hut - it was a disgrace.

As Maple swooped down to the garden, Treble gestured to the soil underpaw. "My flower you give me," she said, "will, um, grow here."

Maple looked to where Treble pointed. "A good spot for it," she declared. It was in the center of the garden, nestled among pink buds that smelled like citrus. "It will keep the others company, and strengthen their magical properties."

Treble nodded, happy to hear that. "Yes, I think so. A good gift, from you. Helps my study. Thank-you."

Maple imitated Treble's happy Coatl hum, and then said in Draconic, "It is your flower. I only delivered it." She paused, and then looked away, troubled. "I should visit the field today. It's been too long."

Treble watched the Nocturne, before returning her attention to her garden. "Then go," she said simply.

"Yes. Tell the others I'll be back, alright?" The Nocturne was about to flit away, but suddenly Luana and Gabi appeared from the edge of camp. It was clear they had heard the Nocturne.

"Back from where?" Gabi asked curiously.

Luana watched Maple with concern, and she was about to say something but the Nocturne cut her off.

"The flower field," Maple said, uncomfortably.

"Can I come?" Luana asked hopefully, stepping forward. Gabi watched from where he sat by the bounty they had brought back with them.

Maple hesitated, and then said, "No. You'd better not." Her voice was soft, gentle. But still, the hurt was visible in Luana's eyes. She didn't know what else to say, or how to explain it. "I'll be back before sundown." Then, without another word, she flew away, her heart hurting without explanation.

It's because I have not checked on the flowers in so long, Maple told herself. I haven't been away so long since they... She shook the thought away. Returning to the flower field would help her, calm her down. She was sure of it. But even as she tried to convince herself, her heart fluttered, knowing she was wrong.

She came to the meadow quickly, and it was as if her arrival brought a beam of sunshine, brighter even than the true sun in the sky, to the flowers. The sun above seemed to smile upon the flower field as the Nocturne made her entrance. The light washed over the flowers, who turned to face her, their stems twisting and leaning in the breeze.

You're back! they said in unison, waving in delight.

We thought you abandoned us, one pansy wailed dramatically.

Hush, child, an elderly rose said. Arta wouldn't do that to us, would she? Not after all we've done for her.

Maple ducked her head, her wings hung deeply behind her in apology. Of course not, Mother Rosa. I apologize for my absence. I was - caught up - in other matters.

Ahh, but you're home now, a bright tulip said in delight. And it is so lovely to see you again, dear.

And you, Lady Mune. Maple landed beside the flowers and walked through them, greeting them each one by one. She checked on their petals and their leaves, and inquired after their roots and pollen.

But even as she settled into her role as caretaker of the flower field, she could still feel something unsettled inside herself. She wasn't sure how to tell the flowers she would not be staying overnight, but she also wasn't sure how she could return to the camp. The dragons there thought she would live with them. But this was her home, wasn't it? The flowers had taken her in, and promised her a safe home in exchange for their care. Could she - could she still care for them without living here? Would that ruin the contract they had made with one another? She wasn't sure, and she grew sadder with each flower she said hello to.

And the flowers could sense it.

Arta, Mother Rosa called again, and Maple cringed to hear her true name on the rustle of the flower's petals. I sense your distress. Talk to us, tell us of your pain. Have you been hurt beyond our field? We shall destroy any who ha -

It's not like that, Maple said quickly, slightly stunned at the devotion she could hear in the rose's tone. They were protective of her, as they promised they would be. They felt like family to Maple - how could she leave them? But then again, shouldn't she be among her own kind - dragonkind? They could be a family, too. She was torn.

She finally told the flowers, I'm just thinking. A lot has happened since I have been gone, and I don't know - There was no clear way to say this. Maple shut down. - I must just be tired. I've been away too long, I don't know what I was thinking.

Mother Rosa made an approving noise.

A young flower, the same who had spoken first, spoke again, Get some rest, then, Arta! You'll feel better after. Munie says that, Furl your leaves and rest in the breeze, and soon you're heart will be at ease - right, Munie?

Lady Mune laughed, a charming sound. Right, Salya. Things will be alright when you wake, Arta.

There was no arguing. Maple gave the flowers a grateful smile, and walked slowly to her old nest. The lining was brittle and dry, and the scent it had carried - of her, and the flowers - had faded in the days gone past. But still, it was her nest. She curled up, and slept, beneath the watch of the flowers, and the knowing shine of the sun high above.

@Crobbin @Fletcher @Spottedleaf125 @Zerohour @Silverhame @stenops887 @/MoonlitLegacy @Petall @/Tiirran @/Violetah

Hmm. Maybe I should try to start incorporating the items I pull into my story. That thought kinda escaped me until just now. :P

@Violetah Thank-you so much! I'm glad you're enjoying things. And yes, we still need to wrap up that plot thread, don't we? :p A bit of info today on Maple's relationship with the flowers, but there's still more... You've been added to the pinglist!

@Tiirran @MoonlitLegacy yay thanks! ♥♥♥ !! :3
1u3H6jas.png
@Clarax
The thick plottens!!
@Clarax
The thick plottens!!
tumblr_odrv7zakOd1v1li10o1_400.png Doing Art for Apparel. See examples on my dragons!
[center][size=6][color=green][font=Garamond]Day {30}[/font] [font=wingdings]|[/font]——————————————[font=wingdings]|[/font][/color][/size] [item=Pathfinder's Gloves] Breed or Scroll a Dragon[/center] [columns][indent] Back at camp, Luana watched the sun sink below the treeline. Maple was still not back... [i]Where could she be?[/i] The thought drifted in and out of her mind as the night grew longer, later. Gabi and Treble were by her side for a time, before lying down to doze fitfully, and then waking up again in the middle of the night with a start. It was nearly morning, by now, Sorneith's first moon hovering in the east, it's second perched lower to the south, signaling a new day ready to begin. Before he even opened his eyes, Gabi sniffed the air, and then lumbered to his paws/. "She still hasn't come back?" he asked, his voice low. Luana didn't say anything; she didn't have to. She was now pacing back and forth, straining to make out anything beyond the line of boulders marking their camp. Treble watched the Guardian uneasily, but didn't know what to say. Even if she knew how to comfort the Guardian, she wasn't sure she could find the words in Draconic. So she hummed a small song, gentle in the air, a whisper of hope in the melody. It was a short song, though, and soon Treble stopped humming; and after, even the echoes of her hum were faded from the clearing. "I'm going after her," Luana finally said, after several long moments had gone by. "I'll go," Gabi offered quickly. "Lu, you're exhausted. Best if you stay here with Auntie Tree in case Maple comes back on her own." There was the hint of an unspoken warning, as well, in his words - the Plague dragon would be unequipped for any threats in the woods that may have done Maple harm. The Guardian exhaled in frustration, but she could see that her Charge was right. "Be careful." It was not a suggestion. She stretched a wing over to the Tundra, patting his head, before she turned her back to the treeline. Gabi tried to give an encouraging smile, but Luana didn't look his way again. She was agitated, he could tell. Treble gave Gabi a questioning shrug, before she moved to Luana's side. The Coatl would keep the Guardian company, and hopefully, from doing anything rash. The Tundra turned and swiftly trotted down the path, following the southern moon's glow. The flower field wasn't far, so Maple should have returned hours ago. She had said she would. What could have stopped her? She was in danger, Gabi was sure of it. And why was Luana so concerned? Gabi thought the Guardian couldn't [i]stand[/i] the Nocturne. [i]At least[/i], he conceded, [i]that's how it had been at first.[/i] He hadn't thought about it properly before now, but the two dragonesses had seemed to form a strong bond with one another. They were certainly closer than they had been before. Still, would Luana be so upset if Treble had gone missing? Gabi wasn't sure, and he couldn't wrap his head around this development. Gabi was so caught up in his thoughts that he almost didn't notice the scrap of fabric until he stepped over it, and then suddenly the strong scent of leather and the flighty scent of silk caught his attention, tinged with a musty odour of a nomad living in the jungle. He paused, and looked down but he could not make out whatever it was from the dense shadows beneath him. He stepped to the side, allowing the moonlight to guide him, and he peered closely, squinting. "A pair of gloves?" He shook his head, bewildered. He sniffed around, but there was nobody to be scented - whoever had lost the gloves was not coming back for them anytime soon. He didn't have time for this, so he grabbed the gloves to take with him. He wished he had thought to bring a satchel to carry them in, to find their owner later on, perhaps - but it was too late for that. Thinking fast, he pulled them on, and then continued down the path to the flower field. [/indent][/columns] -------- @Crobbin @Fletcher @Spottedleaf125 @Zerohour @Silverhame @stenops887 @MoonlitLegacy @Petall @Tiirran @Violetah Still nobody eligible for breeding. ;-; Yeesh it's been a busy day, between homework, cooking and cleaning. Don't have much energy today for more than this, though, sorry guys for any typos or nonsensical stuff. Pretty sure Sorneith has 2 moons, I remember reading about them before. But *shrugs*.
Day {30}
|——————————————|

Pathfinder's Gloves
Breed or Scroll a Dragon
Back at camp, Luana watched the sun sink below the treeline. Maple was still not back... Where could she be? The thought drifted in and out of her mind as the night grew longer, later. Gabi and Treble were by her side for a time, before lying down to doze fitfully, and then waking up again in the middle of the night with a start. It was nearly morning, by now, Sorneith's first moon hovering in the east, it's second perched lower to the south, signaling a new day ready to begin.

Before he even opened his eyes, Gabi sniffed the air, and then lumbered to his paws/. "She still hasn't come back?" he asked, his voice low.

Luana didn't say anything; she didn't have to. She was now pacing back and forth, straining to make out anything beyond the line of boulders marking their camp.

Treble watched the Guardian uneasily, but didn't know what to say. Even if she knew how to comfort the Guardian, she wasn't sure she could find the words in Draconic. So she hummed a small song, gentle in the air, a whisper of hope in the melody. It was a short song, though, and soon Treble stopped humming; and after, even the echoes of her hum were faded from the clearing.

"I'm going after her," Luana finally said, after several long moments had gone by.

"I'll go," Gabi offered quickly. "Lu, you're exhausted. Best if you stay here with Auntie Tree in case Maple comes back on her own." There was the hint of an unspoken warning, as well, in his words - the Plague dragon would be unequipped for any threats in the woods that may have done Maple harm.

The Guardian exhaled in frustration, but she could see that her Charge was right. "Be careful." It was not a suggestion. She stretched a wing over to the Tundra, patting his head, before she turned her back to the treeline.

Gabi tried to give an encouraging smile, but Luana didn't look his way again. She was agitated, he could tell. Treble gave Gabi a questioning shrug, before she moved to Luana's side. The Coatl would keep the Guardian company, and hopefully, from doing anything rash.

The Tundra turned and swiftly trotted down the path, following the southern moon's glow. The flower field wasn't far, so Maple should have returned hours ago. She had said she would. What could have stopped her? She was in danger, Gabi was sure of it.

And why was Luana so concerned? Gabi thought the Guardian couldn't stand the Nocturne. At least, he conceded, that's how it had been at first. He hadn't thought about it properly before now, but the two dragonesses had seemed to form a strong bond with one another. They were certainly closer than they had been before. Still, would Luana be so upset if Treble had gone missing? Gabi wasn't sure, and he couldn't wrap his head around this development.

Gabi was so caught up in his thoughts that he almost didn't notice the scrap of fabric until he stepped over it, and then suddenly the strong scent of leather and the flighty scent of silk caught his attention, tinged with a musty odour of a nomad living in the jungle. He paused, and looked down but he could not make out whatever it was from the dense shadows beneath him. He stepped to the side, allowing the moonlight to guide him, and he peered closely, squinting.

"A pair of gloves?" He shook his head, bewildered. He sniffed around, but there was nobody to be scented - whoever had lost the gloves was not coming back for them anytime soon. He didn't have time for this, so he grabbed the gloves to take with him. He wished he had thought to bring a satchel to carry them in, to find their owner later on, perhaps - but it was too late for that. Thinking fast, he pulled them on, and then continued down the path to the flower field.

@Crobbin @Fletcher @Spottedleaf125 @Zerohour @Silverhame @stenops887 @MoonlitLegacy @Petall @Tiirran @Violetah

Still nobody eligible for breeding. ;-;

Yeesh it's been a busy day, between homework, cooking and cleaning. Don't have much energy today for more than this, though, sorry guys for any typos or nonsensical stuff.

Pretty sure Sorneith has 2 moons, I remember reading about them before. But *shrugs*.
1u3H6jas.png
The thick thickens plotter!

Excite
The thick thickens plotter!

Excite
tumblr_odrv7zakOd1v1li10o1_400.png Doing Art for Apparel. See examples on my dragons!
Writing will come asap. Long day and my neighbours are being really loud (they've been blasting club music since Saturday night? So confused..) so I don't have time to actually write. I have the ideas and some quotes jotted down though. ^^;

Edit: Took a small hiatus. I'm coming back now though!
Writing will come asap. Long day and my neighbours are being really loud (they've been blasting club music since Saturday night? So confused..) so I don't have time to actually write. I have the ideas and some quotes jotted down though. ^^;

Edit: Took a small hiatus. I'm coming back now though!
1u3H6jas.png
@clarax please remove me from the pinglist. I can't be online enough to read this.
@clarax please remove me from the pinglist. I can't be online enough to read this.
63.png11.png
School and work/social/volunteer commitments are eating away at me omg. I'll do this soon. ^^;

@/stenops887
you've been removed! I totally understand the time constraints (see above, lol). thank-you for reading as much as you have, I appreciate it. :)
School and work/social/volunteer commitments are eating away at me omg. I'll do this soon. ^^;

@/stenops887
you've been removed! I totally understand the time constraints (see above, lol). thank-you for reading as much as you have, I appreciate it. :)
1u3H6jas.png
@Clarax I can't wait until you continue! So very excited. ^^
@Clarax I can't wait until you continue! So very excited. ^^
[quote name="@MoonlitLegacy" date=2017-06-11 08:42:29] @/Clarax I can't wait until you continue! So very excited. ^^ [/quote] Hey! I'm so glad you're looking forward to it! I'm almost ready to get started again - the last month has been hectic with school and my new job, I basically fell off the face of Sorneith except to keep up with limited activities. I kept track of all my drops, though (there were days where I forgot to stop by Pinker's, though, unfortunately) and I am bursting with excitement and ideas :D I also have to catch up on the pinkerlockes I fell behind on, I have those tabs open (including yours) to read once I've sorted myself out. :D Thanks for sticking with me!
@MoonlitLegacy wrote on 2017-06-11:
@/Clarax I can't wait until you continue! So very excited. ^^

Hey! I'm so glad you're looking forward to it! I'm almost ready to get started again - the last month has been hectic with school and my new job, I basically fell off the face of Sorneith except to keep up with limited activities. I kept track of all my drops, though (there were days where I forgot to stop by Pinker's, though, unfortunately) and I am bursting with excitement and ideas :D

I also have to catch up on the pinkerlockes I fell behind on, I have those tabs open (including yours) to read once I've sorted myself out. :D

Thanks for sticking with me!
1u3H6jas.png
[center][size=6][color=green][font=Garamond]Days {31-40}[/font] [font=wingdings]|[/font]——————————————[font=wingdings]|[/font][/color][/size] [item=Cursed Tuft of Fur][item=Ire Tweet][item=Feverfew][item=Umberhorn Qiriq Horn][item=Pollen] [item=Igneous Flow][item=Brawler Gauntlet][item=Skipping Stone][item=Historical Text][item=Common Cockroach] Writing x 5, 40-50 matches, 10-20 matches, Art x2 [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2160650/10#post_27999104](see art here)[/url], 20-30 matches[/center] [columns][indent] Gabi approached the flower meadow with caution, staying near the edge of the woods. The shadows of the tree-line cloaked him from the witness of the stars above. The forest was quiet as usual, with only a slight breeze rustling the flora, and nearly-invisible, nocturnal insects buzzing in the trees. In the distance, the low call of a Ire Tweet echoed, a too-early warning to the moon for the sun’s arrival. The Tundra crouched down and stared out at the clearing before him. His maw was open to catch the breeze, hoping to taste the air and scent Maple. But the intoxicating smell of the wildflowers was stronger, and the pollen hanging heavy in the air hid any sign of the Nocturne’s presence. Gabi cursed under breath and shifted forward slightly. He was wary of the flowers - look at what had happened before! To be fair, he did not really remember the night Luana and he had stayed here overnight when he was younger. But she had told him the story about the candling plant, after Treble’s fall in this same meadow. Both Treble and he had changed appearance after staying near these flowers. And the magic markings along his body had not disappeared, only dimmed when in disuse. His tufts of fur were not [i]cursed[/i], but sometimes it felt that way… Now, even, the softly-glowing runes betrayed him in the brush, although he did not think there was anybody to catch him hiding here. The field ahead was silent and still. As if there was an ancient spell over the land. He felt uncomfortable at the thought, but he forced himself to step forward, moving carefully into the field. He did not want to trod on any flowers, hyper-aware that they were not like any regular flower he might find elsewhere. From the way Maple had spoken - from his own experiences here - he hoped the flowers would not harm him, but he was not attuned to his Nature element as he should be. After stepping around the flowers, following an apparent path, he paused. “Maple?” he called in a low voice, hoping the Nocturne might hear him. “Are you here?” A wind jumped up suddenly, tilting the flowers towards him. He looked over his shoulder, and saw - strangely - the flowers there also bent towards him, against the wind. Suddenly it seemed as if each petal’s patterns a pair of eyes to watch the Tundra stand frozen amongst them, as if each leaf a pair of ears to listen to the Tundra, his breathing hitched tight. [i]Who do you seek? Who is Maple?[/i] a voice questioned, airy and light. [i]Never you mind, Feverfew,[/i] a harsher voice snapped, as stern as an unbreakable stem. When it spoke next, the words were directed to Gabi, and the voice softened like petals beneath the sun. [i]Tundra - you have returned. It has been so long… You look healthy.[/i] Gabi shuddered. “Who - who’s there?” [i]Why, only we who have always been here.[/i] Gabi peered around him, before he accepted the fact which he had hoped to ignore - the flowers were speaking with him. He steeled himself, before responding. “Why have you stolen Maple?” [i]We know no Maple.[/i] “Yes, you do! She’s tiny, a Nocturne - a dragon! She’s red and white! She -” [i]Ahh, you speak of our darling. She is a special one.[/i] Gabi was aggravated by this. “Yes, I know. We want her back home, with us - where she belongs.” A harsh laughter rang out, echoing in his mind. [i]You have no home, Tundra, don’t you recall? It was lost to you, and to so many... And you are wrong - she belongs with us, as per the contract.[/i] Gabi did not know how to respond. No home? A contract? What were the flowers talking about? His voice felt strangled in his throat, the words dead before they were born. [i]This is news to you, I see. I suppose she never told you the truth. Well, the truth is this: She belongs to us, and she belongs here. There is no fighting it. They have deemed it so, and we are their humble servants. We are only happy to oblige.[/i] “We will fight you,” Gabi growled, finding his voice again. His claws curled, digging into the fresh soil underpaw. “Me and the other dragons - we will stop you, and we will save Maple. She’s a dragon, and she belongs with other dragons!” [i]Oh, to be so young and brash. The last time dragonkind has tried to fight back - well, you have seen what happened there. Or mayhaps you never did - and in that case, I wonder, Tundra, have you never thought to where your sire and dam are?[/i] [/indent][/columns] -------- Time to play a big game of catch up! Sorry for falling behind so badly, summer school really did me in (and then I was hired for a part-time work-study position on campus, which basically ate up all my time and energy lol.) Things in life are good, and school's basically over now! So I am hopping back into the game, and eager to get going with my challenge again. Thank-you so much to all my readers and supporters for your endless amounts of patience. <3 I'll do my coli-ing first, then some writing to match/continue the plot. Art will come soon (I'll try to do two pieces of traditional art. :3) [s] I will ping everyone once my writing is up! [/s] @Crobbin @Fletcher @Spottedleaf125 @Zerohour @Silverhame @MoonlitLegacy @Petall @Tiirran @Violetah Hi again everyone! I'm happy to be back. :) I hope this system of catching up will work for everyone. ^^ Please enjoy my latest post! It's late now so I'll start on the artwork tomorrow. :)
Days {31-40}
|——————————————|

Cursed Tuft of Fur Ire Tweet Feverfew Umberhorn Qiriq Horn Pollen
Igneous Flow Brawler Gauntlet Skipping Stone Historical Text Common Cockroach
Writing x 5, 40-50 matches, 10-20 matches, Art x2 (see art here), 20-30 matches
Gabi approached the flower meadow with caution, staying near the edge of the woods. The shadows of the tree-line cloaked him from the witness of the stars above. The forest was quiet as usual, with only a slight breeze rustling the flora, and nearly-invisible, nocturnal insects buzzing in the trees. In the distance, the low call of a Ire Tweet echoed, a too-early warning to the moon for the sun’s arrival.

The Tundra crouched down and stared out at the clearing before him. His maw was open to catch the breeze, hoping to taste the air and scent Maple. But the intoxicating smell of the wildflowers was stronger, and the pollen hanging heavy in the air hid any sign of the Nocturne’s presence. Gabi cursed under breath and shifted forward slightly.

He was wary of the flowers - look at what had happened before! To be fair, he did not really remember the night Luana and he had stayed here overnight when he was younger. But she had told him the story about the candling plant, after Treble’s fall in this same meadow. Both Treble and he had changed appearance after staying near these flowers. And the magic markings along his body had not disappeared, only dimmed when in disuse. His tufts of fur were not cursed, but sometimes it felt that way… Now, even, the softly-glowing runes betrayed him in the brush, although he did not think there was anybody to catch him hiding here. The field ahead was silent and still. As if there was an ancient spell over the land.

He felt uncomfortable at the thought, but he forced himself to step forward, moving carefully into the field. He did not want to trod on any flowers, hyper-aware that they were not like any regular flower he might find elsewhere. From the way Maple had spoken - from his own experiences here - he hoped the flowers would not harm him, but he was not attuned to his Nature element as he should be.

After stepping around the flowers, following an apparent path, he paused. “Maple?” he called in a low voice, hoping the Nocturne might hear him. “Are you here?”

A wind jumped up suddenly, tilting the flowers towards him. He looked over his shoulder, and saw - strangely - the flowers there also bent towards him, against the wind. Suddenly it seemed as if each petal’s patterns a pair of eyes to watch the Tundra stand frozen amongst them, as if each leaf a pair of ears to listen to the Tundra, his breathing hitched tight.

Who do you seek? Who is Maple? a voice questioned, airy and light.

Never you mind, Feverfew, a harsher voice snapped, as stern as an unbreakable stem. When it spoke next, the words were directed to Gabi, and the voice softened like petals beneath the sun. Tundra - you have returned. It has been so long… You look healthy.

Gabi shuddered. “Who - who’s there?”

Why, only we who have always been here.

Gabi peered around him, before he accepted the fact which he had hoped to ignore - the flowers were speaking with him. He steeled himself, before responding. “Why have you stolen Maple?”

We know no Maple.

“Yes, you do! She’s tiny, a Nocturne - a dragon! She’s red and white! She -”

Ahh, you speak of our darling. She is a special one.

Gabi was aggravated by this. “Yes, I know. We want her back home, with us - where she belongs.”

A harsh laughter rang out, echoing in his mind. You have no home, Tundra, don’t you recall? It was lost to you, and to so many... And you are wrong - she belongs with us, as per the contract.

Gabi did not know how to respond. No home? A contract? What were the flowers talking about? His voice felt strangled in his throat, the words dead before they were born.

This is news to you, I see. I suppose she never told you the truth. Well, the truth is this: She belongs to us, and she belongs here. There is no fighting it. They have deemed it so, and we are their humble servants. We are only happy to oblige.

“We will fight you,” Gabi growled, finding his voice again. His claws curled, digging into the fresh soil underpaw. “Me and the other dragons - we will stop you, and we will save Maple. She’s a dragon, and she belongs with other dragons!”

Oh, to be so young and brash. The last time dragonkind has tried to fight back - well, you have seen what happened there. Or mayhaps you never did - and in that case, I wonder, Tundra, have you never thought to where your sire and dam are?

Time to play a big game of catch up! Sorry for falling behind so badly, summer school really did me in (and then I was hired for a part-time work-study position on campus, which basically ate up all my time and energy lol.) Things in life are good, and school's basically over now! So I am hopping back into the game, and eager to get going with my challenge again.

Thank-you so much to all my readers and supporters for your endless amounts of patience. <3

I'll do my coli-ing first, then some writing to match/continue the plot. Art will come soon (I'll try to do two pieces of traditional art. :3)

I will ping everyone once my writing is up!

@Crobbin @Fletcher @Spottedleaf125 @Zerohour @Silverhame @MoonlitLegacy @Petall @Tiirran @Violetah

Hi again everyone! I'm happy to be back. :) I hope this system of catching up will work for everyone. ^^ Please enjoy my latest post! It's late now so I'll start on the artwork tomorrow. :)
1u3H6jas.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13 14