Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Ballad of the Night
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21 22
@MorningSkye

Cool! Look forward to it!
@MorningSkye

Cool! Look forward to it!
a3665186-2e54-4922-869a-430b41931c92.png
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

Trigun Stampede - Dr. Stone
Fleet Foxes - Delicious in Dungeon

[center][item=mangled textile] [size=5][b][u]DAY TWENTY-TWO[/b][/u][/size] uuUUUUGGGHH I feel no motivation to write right now. Just spent, like, an hour plotting out my other book idea. But I'm forcing myself because I didn't do it on Saturday, that's TWO broken promises. I feel bad. We'll see how much writing I'll get done...If not much, at least you guys will get a look into all the characters currently as I think I need to touch up on how everyone's doing. It doesn't help my un-motivation that my siblings are being loud enough to wake the dead in the other room. >.> [s](coming from my headache-ing self)[/s] Pinglist for update: @SpottedLeaf125 @Amphithere ----- ----- The blue dragon kept a hand on the child's shoulder as they walked down the mountain path, pausing when they met up with the others that were coming back down. "R--" Keian broke off, looking shocked. He stared at Rye, mouth agape, the others crowding in behind him. "What is it?" Izak demanded, pushing his way between the two adults. He froze when he saw his friend, standing there looking rather awkward next to Keffria. "Rye!" "Izak...Keffria said, unable to contain her smile. "He's pretty shaken up, can you tone it down?" "Wha--how did this happen!?" Keian asked, finally looking over at his sister. "I don't think he really was...Well, completely dead," Keffria said quietly, shrugging. Rye flashed a quick grin at Izak, much to his soon-to-be-foster mother's oblivion. "How, though?" Nakkita asked wonderingly. "I don't know," Keffria said, sounding just as shocked. "Rye just...just started coughing, and then got up. He's fine for all I know, maybe a little bruised." The mother gasped, then rushed forward to carefully hug the child. He leaned in, sighing. "I'm alright, Nakkita," he said, trying to smile. But for once in the child's life, he was being pretty serious. "That's wonderful," Keian breathed. "It's a miracle, how in the world he's alive I don't know." "But all that matters is that he's still here," his sister responded, smiling at her brother. "Yes, Ria, it is." He then embraced her, and she fell into his tight hug with a tearful sigh. ----- In the morning, Ballad felt much better. Good enough to start flying back the way he came, and though his body ached from traveling, he pushed on. Soon after her revelation, Claramond had left him, still sitting there shocked. He could hardly believe what had happened in the past few hours, finding it hard to process at his time of fleeing. It left the young dragon exhausted and emotionally, as well as physically, spent. [I]I am Claramond, you're grandmother.[/I] What of his mother, his father? She wouldn't tell, keeping her lips sealed. All she said was, 'that information is for another time, Ballad, but you must hurry and soon leave this place.' She then had disappeared. Ballad was still in shock, even an hour after leaving his resting spot. Trying to push away the emotions as he flew, the dragon began to think about his grandmother's promise. He was finally going to finish learning magic, properly and not in dire situations. He was excited about this, but also almost dreading meeting up with Claramond again. It was odd, now knowing that she was related to him. Or was, he wasn't sure which verb to use. "Odd things are happening," he whispered to himself. "I wonder what they could mean." ----- Peppin was nestled closely to the little fire she struck up, shuddering at the cold. Who knew these cursed mountains could get so cold? At first she had worried about alerting anyone to her presence, despite the cave entrance faced away from the camp of dragons, but the night chill quickly drove her to make one. The boy, despite her protests, came back earlier that evening and delivered food. He didn't know she preferred any seafood, so she couldn't complain he brought her some over-cooked meat and wilting plants. What did these dragons even live on, that made them seem so strong? She sighed, watching smoke curl up from the little flames that danced at her clouding breath. It was interesting, very interesting, with what news that boy--Izak was his name? She couldn't remember--brought. His friend wasn't really dead, but instead somehow survived. They called it a miracle. She didn't believe it. She smiled to herself, drawing a claw across the stone beside her and shivering in pleasure at the quiet screech it made. She had picked a very nice place to settle in. ----- Aranad led the two of them away from the strong power source, flying far over the forest. Marva constantly complained about his grueling pace, but he had warned plenty of times that he was quite ready to leave her behind. Each time, the cruel dragon only got angrier. Now they had met at some sort of forced peace, neither very happy with the other. "And how long, again, will you push us to our deaths?" Marva snarled over the wind. "Long enough," Aranad told her, sending an angry glare over at his companion. "Ask one more time and you'll be sorry." The other dragon sneered at him, as if trying to goad him into doing what he threatened. Instead, Aranad fixed his gaze ahead. It was cold silence--both physically and mentally--for a while. At last, exhaustion drove the two to the forest, where they camped under the trees. The next morning, the two set off at a fast pace once again. Aranad wanted to get help as quickly as possible. ----- ----- [center][b]Go back to the top! --> [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2144894/1#2144894]Main Page[/url][/b][/center]
Mangled Textile
DAY TWENTY-TWO

uuUUUUGGGHH I feel no motivation to write right now. Just spent, like, an hour plotting out my other book idea. But I'm forcing myself because I didn't do it on Saturday, that's TWO broken promises. I feel bad.

We'll see how much writing I'll get done...If not much, at least you guys will get a look into all the characters currently as I think I need to touch up on how everyone's doing.

It doesn't help my un-motivation that my siblings are being loud enough to wake the dead in the other room. >.> (coming from my headache-ing self)

Pinglist for update: @SpottedLeaf125 @Amphithere

The blue dragon kept a hand on the child's shoulder as they walked down the mountain path, pausing when they met up with the others that were coming back down.
"R--" Keian broke off, looking shocked. He stared at Rye, mouth agape, the others crowding in behind him.
"What is it?" Izak demanded, pushing his way between the two adults. He froze when he saw his friend, standing there looking rather awkward next to Keffria. "Rye!"
"Izak...Keffria said, unable to contain her smile. "He's pretty shaken up, can you tone it down?"
"Wha--how did this happen!?" Keian asked, finally looking over at his sister.
"I don't think he really was...Well, completely dead," Keffria said quietly, shrugging. Rye flashed a quick grin at Izak, much to his soon-to-be-foster mother's oblivion.
"How, though?" Nakkita asked wonderingly.
"I don't know," Keffria said, sounding just as shocked. "Rye just...just started coughing, and then got up. He's fine for all I know, maybe a little bruised." The mother gasped, then rushed forward to carefully hug the child. He leaned in, sighing.
"I'm alright, Nakkita," he said, trying to smile. But for once in the child's life, he was being pretty serious.
"That's wonderful," Keian breathed. "It's a miracle, how in the world he's alive I don't know."
"But all that matters is that he's still here," his sister responded, smiling at her brother.
"Yes, Ria, it is." He then embraced her, and she fell into his tight hug with a tearful sigh.

In the morning, Ballad felt much better. Good enough to start flying back the way he came, and though his body ached from traveling, he pushed on. Soon after her revelation, Claramond had left him, still sitting there shocked. He could hardly believe what had happened in the past few hours, finding it hard to process at his time of fleeing. It left the young dragon exhausted and emotionally, as well as physically, spent.

I am Claramond, you're grandmother.

What of his mother, his father? She wouldn't tell, keeping her lips sealed. All she said was, 'that information is for another time, Ballad, but you must hurry and soon leave this place.' She then had disappeared. Ballad was still in shock, even an hour after leaving his resting spot. Trying to push away the emotions as he flew, the dragon began to think about his grandmother's promise. He was finally going to finish learning magic, properly and not in dire situations. He was excited about this, but also almost dreading meeting up with Claramond again. It was odd, now knowing that she was related to him. Or was, he wasn't sure which verb to use.

"Odd things are happening," he whispered to himself. "I wonder what they could mean."

Peppin was nestled closely to the little fire she struck up, shuddering at the cold. Who knew these cursed mountains could get so cold? At first she had worried about alerting anyone to her presence, despite the cave entrance faced away from the camp of dragons, but the night chill quickly drove her to make one. The boy, despite her protests, came back earlier that evening and delivered food. He didn't know she preferred any seafood, so she couldn't complain he brought her some over-cooked meat and wilting plants. What did these dragons even live on, that made them seem so strong?
She sighed, watching smoke curl up from the little flames that danced at her clouding breath. It was interesting, very interesting, with what news that boy--Izak was his name? She couldn't remember--brought. His friend wasn't really dead, but instead somehow survived. They called it a miracle. She didn't believe it.
She smiled to herself, drawing a claw across the stone beside her and shivering in pleasure at the quiet screech it made. She had picked a very nice place to settle in.

Aranad led the two of them away from the strong power source, flying far over the forest. Marva constantly complained about his grueling pace, but he had warned plenty of times that he was quite ready to leave her behind. Each time, the cruel dragon only got angrier. Now they had met at some sort of forced peace, neither very happy with the other.
"And how long, again, will you push us to our deaths?" Marva snarled over the wind.
"Long enough," Aranad told her, sending an angry glare over at his companion. "Ask one more time and you'll be sorry." The other dragon sneered at him, as if trying to goad him into doing what he threatened. Instead, Aranad fixed his gaze ahead. It was cold silence--both physically and mentally--for a while. At last, exhaustion drove the two to the forest, where they camped under the trees.

The next morning, the two set off at a fast pace once again. Aranad wanted to get help as quickly as possible.

Go back to the top! --> Main Page
x8z3xmt.pngFor God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
[center][item=strangling vine] [size=5][b][u]DAY TWENTY-THREE[/b][/u][/size] [i] I am so tired. [/i] Hot hot hot yesterday walking around all day + hot hot hot horseback riding lesson this morning = exhaustion. Today we're gonna be visiting Peppin! I also didn't really feel to re-read through my writing right now, so I apologize for any mistakes. If I find any, they'll be corrected later. Pinglist: @SpottedLeaf125 @Amphithere ----- ----- The dragon stood still, watching the lightening sky above. It was quite beautiful in these mountains, even if she didn't like them that much. She knew she couldn't complain, however, and turned around at the clatter of nails against stone. "Hello Peppin!" Izak called, grinning as he halted before her. "Hi, Izak," she responded, a small smile flickering across her face. "How are you this morning?" "I'm doing great, thanks! I also brought something as breakfast for you," he said eagerly. The child slung a small sack from around his neck and offered it to the adult, who took it despite having caught a ram earlier that morning. "Thank you, dear," she said, beginning to eat weepy plants and a little bit of meat. The boy nodded, watching her eat. The dragon eventually offered some to him, and after small persuasion she got him to take it. "You need to go talk to our leader, Jag," Izak piped up after they had finished off the food. Peppin handed him the satchel before responding. "I know, Izak, but I want to wait a little longer. I'm not sure if I want to live with other dragons again or not," she said. "Why so?" He asked, cocking his head. "It's a bit of a lengthy tale," the dragon responded, a saddened smile stretching her lips. "I don't know if you would wish to hear it, but knowing children I assume you'll ask me. So let me tell you. I once lived in a strict town, it was an okay life, what made it worth it was my large family. I love them dearly, but the authorities were awful. They picked us apart when a sickness tore through the town, and ever since that...incident....I have despised dragon company." "Oh..." Izak said, frowning. "I don't understand, though. You left too much out Peppin! What happened with the sickness?" "It was a sickness, little one," she responded a tad coldly, eyes fixed on distant mountain peaks. "It gave us fevers and other symptoms. The healers found themselves hounded, barely able to keep any medicine for their own diseased families. My own mother and father were of those that fought for the remaining herbs and medicines---and they were also of those that got hassled by the guards. "My siblings went far into the suburbs, looking for a way to bring home something to heal those that fell sick in our household; but I stayed in town. I was...hassled as well by the authorities. Ever since then, by their cruelty, I have since left my family and traveled abroad." "Everyone got better, though, before you left. Right?" The boy asked, concerned. "I don't know," she whispered. "I have the knowledge that my little sister made it through, but the others..." She shook her head. Izak came over and hugged Peppin, laying his head against her long neck. "I'm sorry to hear," he whispered. She awkwardly---and slowly---wrapped an arm around the young dragon's shoulders. "Don't be, it happens in life," she said quietly. They sat in silence for a few minutes, but Izak couldn't keep still for too long. He began to fiddle with the strap to his satchel, and his pink eyes darted around to sweep across the rocky terrain. Peppin took note of this, and finally stood again. "I don't want to keep you here," she said at last. "Why don't you go, Izak? I wouldn't mind if you visited later this afternoon." "Alright, that sounds good!" The boy responded, leaping to his feet. "See you later, then, Peppin!" "Bye, Izak," the dragon said, watching him as he ran off. Sighing, she turned and continued to stare up at the sky, lost in thought. --- I scowl, prodding the fire harder with a charred stick. I hate how cold these mountains get. How can such a little child as Izak and his friends live in such conditions and survive? I know if I grew up in this rock-pit, I'd die of the cold within a year. Why oh why did I decide to travel here? [I]Because it was something new, something that peaked your interest,[/I] a voice in my head tells me. [I]You wanted to explore the mountains, and you'll leave them soon.[/I] Or would I leave them? I think back to Izak and his odd 'miracle' friend. Maybe I should see if I can visit him tomorrow. I blow out a sigh through my lips, casting myself onto my side. I'm tired, I didn't get much rest last night. I should try to sleep here, if I can even catch some rest... Blast it! With a growl, I get back up moments later and leave the cave, careful to snuff out my fire. I unfurl my large, shimmering gray wings and throw myself into the sky. It's even colder out here, and I shiver as I soar away from my little camp. Are those children worth staying here? I'm interested in getting to know them, especially Izak. He's got promise. I finally land among the feet of the mighty mountains, where the air feels much warmer just a few hundred feet down. "The mountains of all places," I hiss to myself. "That's where I decide to settle." Shaking my head, I close my eyes for a moment. Then I open them and tread over to a cluster of boulders, which I settle down in. Then I snap my fingers and a crackling, large fire flares before me in moments. Waving my hand in a slow arc, I snap my fingers together one more time and a shimmer appears all around me. I'm going to be safe tonight.
Strangling Vine
DAY TWENTY-THREE

I am so tired.

Hot hot hot yesterday walking around all day + hot hot hot horseback riding lesson this morning = exhaustion.

Today we're gonna be visiting Peppin!

I also didn't really feel to re-read through my writing right now, so I apologize for any mistakes. If I find any, they'll be corrected later.

Pinglist: @SpottedLeaf125 @Amphithere

The dragon stood still, watching the lightening sky above. It was quite beautiful in these mountains, even if she didn't like them that much. She knew she couldn't complain, however, and turned around at the clatter of nails against stone.
"Hello Peppin!" Izak called, grinning as he halted before her.
"Hi, Izak," she responded, a small smile flickering across her face. "How are you this morning?"
"I'm doing great, thanks! I also brought something as breakfast for you," he said eagerly. The child slung a small sack from around his neck and offered it to the adult, who took it despite having caught a ram earlier that morning.
"Thank you, dear," she said, beginning to eat weepy plants and a little bit of meat. The boy nodded, watching her eat. The dragon eventually offered some to him, and after small persuasion she got him to take it.
"You need to go talk to our leader, Jag," Izak piped up after they had finished off the food. Peppin handed him the satchel before responding.
"I know, Izak, but I want to wait a little longer. I'm not sure if I want to live with other dragons again or not," she said.
"Why so?" He asked, cocking his head.
"It's a bit of a lengthy tale," the dragon responded, a saddened smile stretching her lips. "I don't know if you would wish to hear it, but knowing children I assume you'll ask me. So let me tell you. I once lived in a strict town, it was an okay life, what made it worth it was my large family. I love them dearly, but the authorities were awful. They picked us apart when a sickness tore through the town, and ever since that...incident....I have despised dragon company."
"Oh..." Izak said, frowning. "I don't understand, though. You left too much out Peppin! What happened with the sickness?"
"It was a sickness, little one," she responded a tad coldly, eyes fixed on distant mountain peaks. "It gave us fevers and other symptoms. The healers found themselves hounded, barely able to keep any medicine for their own diseased families. My own mother and father were of those that fought for the remaining herbs and medicines---and they were also of those that got hassled by the guards.
"My siblings went far into the suburbs, looking for a way to bring home something to heal those that fell sick in our household; but I stayed in town. I was...hassled as well by the authorities. Ever since then, by their cruelty, I have since left my family and traveled abroad."
"Everyone got better, though, before you left. Right?" The boy asked, concerned.
"I don't know," she whispered. "I have the knowledge that my little sister made it through, but the others..." She shook her head. Izak came over and hugged Peppin, laying his head against her long neck.
"I'm sorry to hear," he whispered. She awkwardly---and slowly---wrapped an arm around the young dragon's shoulders.
"Don't be, it happens in life," she said quietly. They sat in silence for a few minutes, but Izak couldn't keep still for too long. He began to fiddle with the strap to his satchel, and his pink eyes darted around to sweep across the rocky terrain. Peppin took note of this, and finally stood again.
"I don't want to keep you here," she said at last. "Why don't you go, Izak? I wouldn't mind if you visited later this afternoon."
"Alright, that sounds good!" The boy responded, leaping to his feet. "See you later, then, Peppin!"
"Bye, Izak," the dragon said, watching him as he ran off. Sighing, she turned and continued to stare up at the sky, lost in thought.

---

I scowl, prodding the fire harder with a charred stick. I hate how cold these mountains get. How can such a little child as Izak and his friends live in such conditions and survive? I know if I grew up in this rock-pit, I'd die of the cold within a year. Why oh why did I decide to travel here? Because it was something new, something that peaked your interest, a voice in my head tells me. You wanted to explore the mountains, and you'll leave them soon. Or would I leave them? I think back to Izak and his odd 'miracle' friend. Maybe I should see if I can visit him tomorrow.
I blow out a sigh through my lips, casting myself onto my side. I'm tired, I didn't get much rest last night. I should try to sleep here, if I can even catch some rest...

Blast it! With a growl, I get back up moments later and leave the cave, careful to snuff out my fire. I unfurl my large, shimmering gray wings and throw myself into the sky. It's even colder out here, and I shiver as I soar away from my little camp. Are those children worth staying here? I'm interested in getting to know them, especially Izak. He's got promise. I finally land among the feet of the mighty mountains, where the air feels much warmer just a few hundred feet down.
"The mountains of all places," I hiss to myself. "That's where I decide to settle."

Shaking my head, I close my eyes for a moment. Then I open them and tread over to a cluster of boulders, which I settle down in. Then I snap my fingers and a crackling, large fire flares before me in moments. Waving my hand in a slow arc, I snap my fingers together one more time and a shimmer appears all around me. I'm going to be safe tonight.
x8z3xmt.pngFor God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16
@MorningSkye

Hey sorry for not replying until now! :c I read both day twenty two and three now though! It seems like everyone will be coming together possibly soon, I can't help but imagine another possible battle against Marva and Aranad... Ooh, Peppin has magic?? Very interesting. I wonder if she wants to train the hatchlings or something? The way she thought Izak had promise...? I still don't know what to think about her, something seems a bit off, but she doesn't seem aggressive... Nice updates! Hopefully the weather gets cooler soon where you are! I hate hot weather as well. 3:
@MorningSkye

Hey sorry for not replying until now! :c I read both day twenty two and three now though! It seems like everyone will be coming together possibly soon, I can't help but imagine another possible battle against Marva and Aranad... Ooh, Peppin has magic?? Very interesting. I wonder if she wants to train the hatchlings or something? The way she thought Izak had promise...? I still don't know what to think about her, something seems a bit off, but she doesn't seem aggressive... Nice updates! Hopefully the weather gets cooler soon where you are! I hate hot weather as well. 3:
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

@Spottedleaf125
It's fine! And thank you! Yup, I guess thinking about it now most of my characters are gonna be in one place, minus Marva and Aranad. xD

Peppin has been so much fun to write, but it won't be a while yet until I reveal her real intentions. cx I loved revealing the magic at the end!

Ah, yes! Same, I hate the hot weather. I was dying today at horseback riding as it was directly in the sun. I don't think I've ever been that hot before in a lesson. D: And to top it off after I was exhausted and sun-zapped when I went to unbridle Finny, the horse I rode, he WOULD NOT let me halter him. XD Overall super fun lesson despite it being so hot.
@Spottedleaf125
It's fine! And thank you! Yup, I guess thinking about it now most of my characters are gonna be in one place, minus Marva and Aranad. xD

Peppin has been so much fun to write, but it won't be a while yet until I reveal her real intentions. cx I loved revealing the magic at the end!

Ah, yes! Same, I hate the hot weather. I was dying today at horseback riding as it was directly in the sun. I don't think I've ever been that hot before in a lesson. D: And to top it off after I was exhausted and sun-zapped when I went to unbridle Finny, the horse I rode, he WOULD NOT let me halter him. XD Overall super fun lesson despite it being so hot.
@MorningSkye

I can't wait to learn more about Peppin, she's definitely an interesting character.

Silly Finny! He sounds like such a mischievous little trouble maker, but he's such an adorable horse. I bet it's hard to stay upset with him. xD
@MorningSkye

I can't wait to learn more about Peppin, she's definitely an interesting character.

Silly Finny! He sounds like such a mischievous little trouble maker, but he's such an adorable horse. I bet it's hard to stay upset with him. xD
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

@Spottedleaf125
Well, I can't wait to write more about her. cx

Haha, he is...and yeah, I agree. He can get annoying, but he's so cute that its hard to be angry for too too long, heh. For some reason during my lesson he turned around and tried to bite my boot. XD
@Spottedleaf125
Well, I can't wait to write more about her. cx

Haha, he is...and yeah, I agree. He can get annoying, but he's so cute that its hard to be angry for too too long, heh. For some reason during my lesson he turned around and tried to bite my boot. XD
I, uh, got food today and forgot what it was...oops...lol...
DAY TWENTY-FOUR

Ahh, I'm so excited for this week's VBS I'm going to be participating in. I get to dress up in fun medieval clothes (with awesomely long, fancy sleeves) for a skit! :D

Today we go back to Ballad! Ahh, wonderful Keffria-Ballad arguments. I forgot what it was like to write about their banter.

Pinglist: @SpottedLeaf125 (sorry for pinging you twice D:) @Amphithere

The dragon alighted onto the cold stone, hanging his head in exhaustion. It was nearly night, and he was worn thin from his desperately fast travels. He heard nothing else from his grandmother, and quietly wished for her mysterious company. However, he would soon be among other dragons again; in fact he could see the rocky platform that made up camp for the little group of others. Although he preferred to be alone, after his fight with the strange, evil dragon he longed for companionship. A real, solid dragon that wasn't a spirit of the dead.
Snapping his wings back up, he jumped into the sky and soared on chilly air currents, drawing closer to the platform. He circled it once, then landed on the edge of a cliff. He walked across the smooth stone, reaching the abode of his friend. Two dragons walked on ahead of him; one small and bright white, the other a muted blue and much larger.
"Hello," he called out, wondering at his slightly raspy tone. The other two whirled around, looking behind them with wide eyes.
"Ballad...?" Keffria asked, confused. "What are you doing here?" She ran over, a smile spreading across her face.
"Well," he began, glancing down at the child. What was his name again? He couldn't remember. "Could we speak in private?"
"Um, sure," the other adult said, then turned to the child. "Rye, go back to the cave and let Keian know I'm going to be a bit. Tell him Gray is here, and that we need a minute to talk."
"Alright!" As Rye turned to go, he glanced back and stared at the new-comer. "Hi Gray," he said.
"Hello," the other responded, a tiny smile stretching his lips. The boy then ran off and up the slightly rising slope.
"So what is it?" Keffria asked as they began to walk away. Ballad didn't speak, but led her far away from the platform, up a winding trail until they reached a small cliff. Dying twilight that was succumbing fast to the dark of night filtered the air a soft orange.
"As you know, I left two days ago to continue on my exploration. Keffria, you're my only friend. I trust you enough with this knowledge I'm going to tell you, so I hope you'll keep it between us," he began.
"Of course, Ballad! I'll keep anything secret for you," Keffria told him, sitting down next to the gaunt dragon.
"Thank you," he said, dipping his head. "I flew the opposite direction we came; past the mountains and into new land for me. However, as I had just reached the end of this mountain range I was attacked. I...Managed to fend the attacker off and got away...Keffria," he sighed, glancing up at the sky. "There...There is a spirit that has followed my steps for a long time now. They revealed themself to me, and said I had to go back here. So I did as they asked. It's too dangerous to go past these mountains, Keffria. Apparently evil lurks there, so I need to learn more magic. I know you know that I can use it."
"Wow," the dragon said softly. "I'm glad you're okay, Ballad." She looked him up and down, as if trying to find a wound. "Maybe you should just stay here."
"No! I'm sorry," he said, shaking his head. "But I can't stay here forever. I just...Keffria, I'm going to be leaving again in a few months, or at least that is my plan. Please, you can't persuade me otherwise."
"Really?" She asked sadly, staring at him. "What about this spirit? What do you mean?"
"They are a dragon that died," he told her. "And since they could wield magic, too, they chose to become a spirit to help others."
"That's...Kind of creepy almost," she responded, earning a smile.
"Not really, no. They've guided me for a long time," he said. "I quite enjoy their company."
"Alright, then," she said, shrugging. "You aren't going to go back to that dangerous land, are you?"
"I...Don't know," he whispered, looking at the ground.
"You can't, Ballad!" She gasped, shocked. "You said it yourself; you were attacked. Anything could happen to you, even with---with this spirit teaching you all of this magic. I don't think you should ever cross the mountains again!"
"That is not up for me to decide, Keffria," Ballad said firmly, still not looking at her distraught face. "I almost...almost wish to go there. The spirit never told me that I wasn't to return, only that I was not strong enough to face the dangers there. Please, see my reason and do not argue," he pleaded.
"Ballad..." Keffria began softly. "You're one of my only friends, my best friend. I don't want you throwing yourself into danger just for the adventure of it."
"It is not about adventure!" Ballad snapped, looking up angrily. "Nothing is about adventure anymore! I'm---I'm," he stood up, and Keffria could've sworn she saw his hands shaking. "I'm sorry. It is late, we both should get rest. He brushed by her, hurrying away. He paused at the mouth of the path, however, not bothering to turn back.
"Good night." Ballad then left, the soft click of nails against stone and the clatter of falling pebbles echoing into the early night. Keffria continued to sit where she was, staring up at the sky with a concerned, confused frown on her face. Long after her friend passed, she slowly stood up.
"Good night."

I, uh, got food today and forgot what it was...oops...lol...
DAY TWENTY-FOUR

Ahh, I'm so excited for this week's VBS I'm going to be participating in. I get to dress up in fun medieval clothes (with awesomely long, fancy sleeves) for a skit! :D

Today we go back to Ballad! Ahh, wonderful Keffria-Ballad arguments. I forgot what it was like to write about their banter.

Pinglist: @SpottedLeaf125 (sorry for pinging you twice D:) @Amphithere

The dragon alighted onto the cold stone, hanging his head in exhaustion. It was nearly night, and he was worn thin from his desperately fast travels. He heard nothing else from his grandmother, and quietly wished for her mysterious company. However, he would soon be among other dragons again; in fact he could see the rocky platform that made up camp for the little group of others. Although he preferred to be alone, after his fight with the strange, evil dragon he longed for companionship. A real, solid dragon that wasn't a spirit of the dead.
Snapping his wings back up, he jumped into the sky and soared on chilly air currents, drawing closer to the platform. He circled it once, then landed on the edge of a cliff. He walked across the smooth stone, reaching the abode of his friend. Two dragons walked on ahead of him; one small and bright white, the other a muted blue and much larger.
"Hello," he called out, wondering at his slightly raspy tone. The other two whirled around, looking behind them with wide eyes.
"Ballad...?" Keffria asked, confused. "What are you doing here?" She ran over, a smile spreading across her face.
"Well," he began, glancing down at the child. What was his name again? He couldn't remember. "Could we speak in private?"
"Um, sure," the other adult said, then turned to the child. "Rye, go back to the cave and let Keian know I'm going to be a bit. Tell him Gray is here, and that we need a minute to talk."
"Alright!" As Rye turned to go, he glanced back and stared at the new-comer. "Hi Gray," he said.
"Hello," the other responded, a tiny smile stretching his lips. The boy then ran off and up the slightly rising slope.
"So what is it?" Keffria asked as they began to walk away. Ballad didn't speak, but led her far away from the platform, up a winding trail until they reached a small cliff. Dying twilight that was succumbing fast to the dark of night filtered the air a soft orange.
"As you know, I left two days ago to continue on my exploration. Keffria, you're my only friend. I trust you enough with this knowledge I'm going to tell you, so I hope you'll keep it between us," he began.
"Of course, Ballad! I'll keep anything secret for you," Keffria told him, sitting down next to the gaunt dragon.
"Thank you," he said, dipping his head. "I flew the opposite direction we came; past the mountains and into new land for me. However, as I had just reached the end of this mountain range I was attacked. I...Managed to fend the attacker off and got away...Keffria," he sighed, glancing up at the sky. "There...There is a spirit that has followed my steps for a long time now. They revealed themself to me, and said I had to go back here. So I did as they asked. It's too dangerous to go past these mountains, Keffria. Apparently evil lurks there, so I need to learn more magic. I know you know that I can use it."
"Wow," the dragon said softly. "I'm glad you're okay, Ballad." She looked him up and down, as if trying to find a wound. "Maybe you should just stay here."
"No! I'm sorry," he said, shaking his head. "But I can't stay here forever. I just...Keffria, I'm going to be leaving again in a few months, or at least that is my plan. Please, you can't persuade me otherwise."
"Really?" She asked sadly, staring at him. "What about this spirit? What do you mean?"
"They are a dragon that died," he told her. "And since they could wield magic, too, they chose to become a spirit to help others."
"That's...Kind of creepy almost," she responded, earning a smile.
"Not really, no. They've guided me for a long time," he said. "I quite enjoy their company."
"Alright, then," she said, shrugging. "You aren't going to go back to that dangerous land, are you?"
"I...Don't know," he whispered, looking at the ground.
"You can't, Ballad!" She gasped, shocked. "You said it yourself; you were attacked. Anything could happen to you, even with---with this spirit teaching you all of this magic. I don't think you should ever cross the mountains again!"
"That is not up for me to decide, Keffria," Ballad said firmly, still not looking at her distraught face. "I almost...almost wish to go there. The spirit never told me that I wasn't to return, only that I was not strong enough to face the dangers there. Please, see my reason and do not argue," he pleaded.
"Ballad..." Keffria began softly. "You're one of my only friends, my best friend. I don't want you throwing yourself into danger just for the adventure of it."
"It is not about adventure!" Ballad snapped, looking up angrily. "Nothing is about adventure anymore! I'm---I'm," he stood up, and Keffria could've sworn she saw his hands shaking. "I'm sorry. It is late, we both should get rest. He brushed by her, hurrying away. He paused at the mouth of the path, however, not bothering to turn back.
"Good night." Ballad then left, the soft click of nails against stone and the clatter of falling pebbles echoing into the early night. Keffria continued to sit where she was, staring up at the sky with a concerned, confused frown on her face. Long after her friend passed, she slowly stood up.
"Good night."

[center][item=construction armor] [size=5][b][u]DAY TWENTY-FIVE[/b][/u][/size] What is this? Updating on Friday, meaning a three day update-extravaganza? OH YES BABY. Also finally got off my lazy ole butt and produced this art to be our cover art! [img]http://imgur.com/Sxi3gA3.png[/img] I'm actually sorta proud of it? Eh. I was lazy and didn't want to draw dragons. Hmm, who should I write about today...so many choices...hmm, haw, hmm... Pinglist for updates: @SpottedLeaf125 @Amphithere ----- ----- "Aranad." The dragon turned around, scowling with one hand on his hood. What was he doing here, and why? "What is it Khoer?" He asked, hardly able to keep the venom out of his tone. "Wondering why you're creating a little party, and also wondering why you didn't invite me," the other responded causally, pretending to frown. "Hmm?" "This is none of your business, so I suggest you leave. I do what I want," Aranad snapped. "Oh, really?" Khoer said, stalking past him then pausing. "I'm surprised you haven't been stopped yet. Gatherings aren't allowed unless they are specifically gathered for universal intentions. I don't think this is something universal, is it?" He turned and stared at him with piercing green eyes. "I understand that, Khoer," Aranad said. "There are only five of us going out, that's hardly a group, I see no harm in it." The other laughed, throwing back his head to look up at the heavens. "Oh, Aranad. Always pushing your limits, I almost admire you for it. If any sort of leader or head hears about this, you could be thrown from us or worse--executed. You seem to hold some rather valuable, meaningful secrets--secret dragons, perhaps?--in your life. I don't think you want to be killed." He glanced at the ring on the other's finger. Aranad grabbed his hand, concealing the jewel. "Shut up!" He hissed. "We speak of this no more--you leave me and the others alone, and we leave you alone. Fair enough? Isn't that the goal that all of us keep? That we don't ask questions? So why don't you go on and keep your mouth shut tight!" He burst out, squeezing his hand even harder in anger. "Oh, but what if no harm comes to me out of the deal? What then?" He cocked his head, smirking. "I don't think our little silent rule needs to be upheld there, what do you think?" "I think it is high time that you leave me alone and get out of here!" Aranad said darkly. "I'm warning you once." "Hah! Like you'll do you anything," Khoer sneered. The other dragon leapt forward, grabbing his throat and slamming him into a tree-trunk. He dug his claws in, drawing blood as the other scrambled under his grip. "Say something else. I dare you to, scum," he spat in his face, his own only inches from the other. He slammed him against the trunk again, snatching up Khoer's wrist when he tried to raise his hand. "You...are weak," the dragon coughed out through his half-closed throat. "And...won't...live--live long--" his insult was cut short by a gasp and hiss as Aranad snapped his wrist, the snap of bone only seconds before the dragon's grunt of pain. "You darned fool! Get away from me!" Khoer choked out, slashing out his other hand and catching Aranad by the cheek. The dragon jerked his head back with a growl. "I know--know...what--" he hissed again, hacking, closing his eyes for a moment. "You know nothing! You will say nothing, Khoer, or your hopes will be crushed with your throat," the dragon warned, pushing his hands harder against the other dragon's windpipe. A wheezing breath escaped the trapped dragon, his broken hand laying limp at his side, the other half-raised. "F--f...fine, ha--have it...your way, A--A--Aranad," Khoer managed. "I...know not--nothing." The dragon slowly released him, enough to let him take a few gasping breaths. "You better keep this between us." He spat in his face, raking his claws above and beneath his right eye. The dragon winced, closing one green jewel as if afraid it would be damaged. "Or do I have to further persuade you?" "You've done enough," Khoer rasped. "Now drop the magic and let me go." "I don't trust you!" Aranad snapped, slamming the dragon once more against the tree. Then he let go, watching crimson trail down Khoer's neck as he slumped against the harsh bark. "You'll always be a tick to me, and when you fail--I will rejoice. Now leave." Aranad glare at the dragon, letting it linger until he slowly drew up his hood. Khoer spat at his feet, then--clutching his wrist--he leapt into the air and disappeared with a rustle through the trees. Aranad failed to hear his harsh, rasping laughter as Khoer flew northward.
Construction Armor
DAY TWENTY-FIVE

What is this? Updating on Friday, meaning a three day update-extravaganza? OH YES BABY.

Also finally got off my lazy ole butt and produced this art to be our cover art!

Sxi3gA3.png

I'm actually sorta proud of it? Eh. I was lazy and didn't want to draw dragons.

Hmm, who should I write about today...so many choices...hmm, haw, hmm...

Pinglist for updates: @SpottedLeaf125 @Amphithere

"Aranad." The dragon turned around, scowling with one hand on his hood. What was he doing here, and why?
"What is it Khoer?" He asked, hardly able to keep the venom out of his tone.
"Wondering why you're creating a little party, and also wondering why you didn't invite me," the other responded causally, pretending to frown. "Hmm?"
"This is none of your business, so I suggest you leave. I do what I want," Aranad snapped.
"Oh, really?" Khoer said, stalking past him then pausing. "I'm surprised you haven't been stopped yet. Gatherings aren't allowed unless they are specifically gathered for universal intentions. I don't think this is something universal, is it?" He turned and stared at him with piercing green eyes.
"I understand that, Khoer," Aranad said. "There are only five of us going out, that's hardly a group, I see no harm in it."
The other laughed, throwing back his head to look up at the heavens. "Oh, Aranad. Always pushing your limits, I almost admire you for it. If any sort of leader or head hears about this, you could be thrown from us or worse--executed. You seem to hold some rather valuable, meaningful secrets--secret dragons, perhaps?--in your life. I don't think you want to be killed." He glanced at the ring on the other's finger. Aranad grabbed his hand, concealing the jewel.
"Shut up!" He hissed. "We speak of this no more--you leave me and the others alone, and we leave you alone. Fair enough? Isn't that the goal that all of us keep? That we don't ask questions? So why don't you go on and keep your mouth shut tight!" He burst out, squeezing his hand even harder in anger.
"Oh, but what if no harm comes to me out of the deal? What then?" He cocked his head, smirking. "I don't think our little silent rule needs to be upheld there, what do you think?"
"I think it is high time that you leave me alone and get out of here!" Aranad said darkly. "I'm warning you once."
"Hah! Like you'll do you anything," Khoer sneered. The other dragon leapt forward, grabbing his throat and slamming him into a tree-trunk. He dug his claws in, drawing blood as the other scrambled under his grip.
"Say something else. I dare you to, scum," he spat in his face, his own only inches from the other. He slammed him against the trunk again, snatching up Khoer's wrist when he tried to raise his hand.
"You...are weak," the dragon coughed out through his half-closed throat. "And...won't...live--live long--" his insult was cut short by a gasp and hiss as Aranad snapped his wrist, the snap of bone only seconds before the dragon's grunt of pain.
"You darned fool! Get away from me!" Khoer choked out, slashing out his other hand and catching Aranad by the cheek. The dragon jerked his head back with a growl. "I know--know...what--" he hissed again, hacking, closing his eyes for a moment.
"You know nothing! You will say nothing, Khoer, or your hopes will be crushed with your throat," the dragon warned, pushing his hands harder against the other dragon's windpipe. A wheezing breath escaped the trapped dragon, his broken hand laying limp at his side, the other half-raised.
"F--f...fine, ha--have it...your way, A--A--Aranad," Khoer managed. "I...know not--nothing." The dragon slowly released him, enough to let him take a few gasping breaths.
"You better keep this between us." He spat in his face, raking his claws above and beneath his right eye. The dragon winced, closing one green jewel as if afraid it would be damaged. "Or do I have to further persuade you?"
"You've done enough," Khoer rasped. "Now drop the magic and let me go."
"I don't trust you!" Aranad snapped, slamming the dragon once more against the tree. Then he let go, watching crimson trail down Khoer's neck as he slumped against the harsh bark. "You'll always be a tick to me, and when you fail--I will rejoice. Now leave." Aranad glare at the dragon, letting it linger until he slowly drew up his hood. Khoer spat at his feet, then--clutching his wrist--he leapt into the air and disappeared with a rustle through the trees.

Aranad failed to hear his harsh, rasping laughter as Khoer flew northward.
[center][item=wrinkled azurescales] [size=5][b][u]DAY TWENTY-SIX[/b][/u][/size] Soooo, today something weird happened with Pinkerton. When I clicked to get my item, there was a pause then the button turned pale and didn't let me click on it. Another words, I didn't get an item but it says I did. To keep the page looking orderly, I picked out a material to toss up there. I'm calling this Pink's Wildcard, and I get to pick whatever I want for todays update! >:D On further updates about this pinkerlocke, I have now updated the index up to day twenty-four (dangit why am I so lazy about this) and have added Marva and Peppin's theme songs to the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2144894#26212028]Art Page[/url]! Go give them a listen, maybe while you read today's update. :D Pinglist for updates: @SpottedLeaf125 @Amphithere ----- ----- Ballad felt stiff. And tired, and groggy, and-- "Hey! You're awake!" A loud, high voice shouted right near his ear. The dragon jerked back, grunting as he squinted upward to see a child staring at with luminous pink eyes. "Yeah?" He muttered, sitting up slowly. "I'm so excited your back, Keffria told me you are going to be staying here for a while--does that mean you can put on magic shows again for me? And Izak too! He never got to see the first ones," the child said, and started to rattle on about breakfast. Ballad tuned him out, watching Keian watch him from across the cave until he finally had a chance to speak. "Yes, I'm staying here for a bit--Rye?" The child nodded his head, and he continued. "I'll see about magic shows, I'll be back soon." He got up, stretching for a moment with a heavy sigh then began to walk away. "Wait! Where are you going, Gray? Don't you want to eat breakfast first, if not, then could I come?" Rye chittered, bounding after him. "I'm sorry, Rye, but I need a minute alone. Why don't you go eat breakfast with Keian and Keffria, then I'll show you and your friend some magic later?" Ballad said, pausing to look down at the child. He tried to muster a smile, but it failed. It was so early in the morning--or was it? All he knew was that he was rather tired and sore. "Aww, fine," the child said, hanging his head. He stopped following the dragon as he slipped out of the cave, heading toward the path he had followed only last night. His argument with Keffria almost made him wince, but he ignored it. She was stubborn, she'd get over it. As if thinking about her, he saw the dragon herself waiting on top of a boulder by the faint trail. "Good morning," she greeted, staring down at him. He stared up, and both were silent for a moment. "Morning," he said, nodding, continuing on his way. As the dragon guessed, he heard a thump and click of nails that said Keffria was following him. "Where are you going Ballad?" She asked, catching up to his side. "Back up here," he responded flatly. "I wanted a minute alone if I could, to gather my thoughts," he told her. "Well you can do that in a minute, I have something that I need to talk to you about," Keffria said. "Not right now, it can wait," Ballad said stubbornly. "Rye died." The dragon stopped, staring at her in confusion. "What?" He snapped, curious. "I'll tell you more once we get up on the cliff," she responded, a smirk playing at her lips as she brushed by Ballad. The dragon shook his head, growling as he followed. Once they made their way to the top, they sat down at the edge, Keffria dangling her hands over the precipice. "Well?" Ballad asked. "Yesterday morning Rye and Izak--his friend--were playing on the other side of camp. A few boulders loosened from their spots and fell on them, crushing Rye. He was dead, Ballad, [I]gone.[/I]" She paused for a moment, looking down. The other dragon felt a bit of sympathy, his impatience ebbing away. Keffria looked rather upset. "But then, when everybody else had moved away to alert the others, those markings on his body started to glow. Rye woke up, and we know it is magic. Do you know anything about that?" She looked up hopefully, studying his face as he frowned. "I haven't heard of such a thing before," he said slowly, shaking his head. "Does anyone else asides from you and Rye know?" "No, they don't," Keffria answered. "I see no harm in telling others," Ballad said with a shrug. "But at this point it might be safer to let them believe whatever lie you told them. It's a bit too late for them to believe anything, not that they would in the first place." "Exactly," she said, nodding. "I didn't want to be thought a crazy-dragon when I just settled here a few days ago," she said, smiling. Ballad laughed a little, nodding. "Don't want that now, do we?" He said. But even in his mirth, Keffria could tell that his humor was mainly show. "Well, it seems as if Rye has magic, then. I would think it would be interesting to experiment what triggers it, but that would involve pain and I'm not sure we want to be cutting him up." "Ballad! I'd never do that," Keffria said, aghast. "Exactly, and in all honesty I don't like the idea myself," he responded, sighing. "Why don't you keep an eye on him, how about? I wonder if, now, when he accidently gives himself a laceration if it will heal or not..." "That is an interest," she murmured. "But I still don't want Rye to hurt himself. If he has magic, so be it. I don't want him to start doing crazy things, so lets not speak of this to anyone--please?" She asked. "You have my word," Ballad said, nodding. "Oh, thank you so much, Ballad," she said, slumping in relief. "I feel much better talking to you about it." She smiled, and he returned it. "Now I'm supposing you want to be left alone now?" "I would prefer that," he agreed. "Talk to you later, I shouldn't be long." "Alright," Keffria said, getting up and leaving. Ballad sat there for a while, almost dozing in the sun--sprawled on the ground. Then silver light bathed him and he felt a cool breeze blow. "Hello, Grandmother," he said, sitting up slightly to look up at her. "Greetings, Ballad," the spirit said. "You have done well to listen to my advice. This place is safe, and I suspect it to be safe for a while yet." "Yes, but when should I leave?" He asked, finally standing. "I don't want to bring any danger to these dragons. They are peaceful and kind, and I'd never wish harm on them." He looked concerned, glancing down the path. "I do not yet know, dear, but you shouldn't worry. I can sense danger when it is yet leagues away, and so right now we have time to grow your knowledge of magic," she said calmly. "Alright," Ballad said. "Where are we to begin?" "I was thinking I should start on a little history lesson, Ballad. You need to know about magic, where it came from, and why it is so rare today..." The dragon turned around suddenly, the spirit's voice fading away into the morning as he heard a clatter. When he surveyed the boulders and rock-faces around him, however, he saw nothing of interest. "Ballad! Are you listening?" Claramond demanded, taking back his attention. "Yes, Grandmother, I am sorry," he said, blinking and turning around. "Alright, let me repeat myself..." ----- ----- [center][b]Go back to the top! --> [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2144894/1#2144894]Main Page[/url][/b][/center]
Wrinkled Azurescales
DAY TWENTY-SIX

Soooo, today something weird happened with Pinkerton. When I clicked to get my item, there was a pause then the button turned pale and didn't let me click on it. Another words, I didn't get an item but it says I did. To keep the page looking orderly, I picked out a material to toss up there.

I'm calling this Pink's Wildcard, and I get to pick whatever I want for todays update! >:D

On further updates about this pinkerlocke, I have now updated the index up to day twenty-four (dangit why am I so lazy about this) and have added Marva and Peppin's theme songs to the
Art Page! Go give them a listen, maybe while you read today's update. :D

Pinglist for updates: @SpottedLeaf125 @Amphithere

Ballad felt stiff. And tired, and groggy, and--
"Hey! You're awake!" A loud, high voice shouted right near his ear. The dragon jerked back, grunting as he squinted upward to see a child staring at with luminous pink eyes.
"Yeah?" He muttered, sitting up slowly.
"I'm so excited your back, Keffria told me you are going to be staying here for a while--does that mean you can put on magic shows again for me? And Izak too! He never got to see the first ones," the child said, and started to rattle on about breakfast. Ballad tuned him out, watching Keian watch him from across the cave until he finally had a chance to speak.
"Yes, I'm staying here for a bit--Rye?" The child nodded his head, and he continued. "I'll see about magic shows, I'll be back soon." He got up, stretching for a moment with a heavy sigh then began to walk away.
"Wait! Where are you going, Gray? Don't you want to eat breakfast first, if not, then could I come?" Rye chittered, bounding after him.
"I'm sorry, Rye, but I need a minute alone. Why don't you go eat breakfast with Keian and Keffria, then I'll show you and your friend some magic later?" Ballad said, pausing to look down at the child. He tried to muster a smile, but it failed. It was so early in the morning--or was it? All he knew was that he was rather tired and sore.
"Aww, fine," the child said, hanging his head. He stopped following the dragon as he slipped out of the cave, heading toward the path he had followed only last night. His argument with Keffria almost made him wince, but he ignored it. She was stubborn, she'd get over it. As if thinking about her, he saw the dragon herself waiting on top of a boulder by the faint trail.
"Good morning," she greeted, staring down at him. He stared up, and both were silent for a moment.
"Morning," he said, nodding, continuing on his way. As the dragon guessed, he heard a thump and click of nails that said Keffria was following him.
"Where are you going Ballad?" She asked, catching up to his side.
"Back up here," he responded flatly. "I wanted a minute alone if I could, to gather my thoughts," he told her.
"Well you can do that in a minute, I have something that I need to talk to you about," Keffria said.
"Not right now, it can wait," Ballad said stubbornly.
"Rye died." The dragon stopped, staring at her in confusion.
"What?" He snapped, curious.
"I'll tell you more once we get up on the cliff," she responded, a smirk playing at her lips as she brushed by Ballad. The dragon shook his head, growling as he followed. Once they made their way to the top, they sat down at the edge, Keffria dangling her hands over the precipice.
"Well?" Ballad asked.
"Yesterday morning Rye and Izak--his friend--were playing on the other side of camp. A few boulders loosened from their spots and fell on them, crushing Rye. He was dead, Ballad, gone." She paused for a moment, looking down. The other dragon felt a bit of sympathy, his impatience ebbing away. Keffria looked rather upset.
"But then, when everybody else had moved away to alert the others, those markings on his body started to glow. Rye woke up, and we know it is magic. Do you know anything about that?" She looked up hopefully, studying his face as he frowned.
"I haven't heard of such a thing before," he said slowly, shaking his head. "Does anyone else asides from you and Rye know?"
"No, they don't," Keffria answered.
"I see no harm in telling others," Ballad said with a shrug. "But at this point it might be safer to let them believe whatever lie you told them. It's a bit too late for them to believe anything, not that they would in the first place."
"Exactly," she said, nodding. "I didn't want to be thought a crazy-dragon when I just settled here a few days ago," she said, smiling. Ballad laughed a little, nodding.
"Don't want that now, do we?" He said. But even in his mirth, Keffria could tell that his humor was mainly show. "Well, it seems as if Rye has magic, then. I would think it would be interesting to experiment what triggers it, but that would involve pain and I'm not sure we want to be cutting him up."
"Ballad! I'd never do that," Keffria said, aghast.
"Exactly, and in all honesty I don't like the idea myself," he responded, sighing. "Why don't you keep an eye on him, how about? I wonder if, now, when he accidently gives himself a laceration if it will heal or not..."
"That is an interest," she murmured. "But I still don't want Rye to hurt himself. If he has magic, so be it. I don't want him to start doing crazy things, so lets not speak of this to anyone--please?" She asked.
"You have my word," Ballad said, nodding.
"Oh, thank you so much, Ballad," she said, slumping in relief. "I feel much better talking to you about it." She smiled, and he returned it. "Now I'm supposing you want to be left alone now?"
"I would prefer that," he agreed. "Talk to you later, I shouldn't be long."
"Alright," Keffria said, getting up and leaving. Ballad sat there for a while, almost dozing in the sun--sprawled on the ground. Then silver light bathed him and he felt a cool breeze blow.
"Hello, Grandmother," he said, sitting up slightly to look up at her.
"Greetings, Ballad," the spirit said. "You have done well to listen to my advice. This place is safe, and I suspect it to be safe for a while yet."
"Yes, but when should I leave?" He asked, finally standing. "I don't want to bring any danger to these dragons. They are peaceful and kind, and I'd never wish harm on them." He looked concerned, glancing down the path.
"I do not yet know, dear, but you shouldn't worry. I can sense danger when it is yet leagues away, and so right now we have time to grow your knowledge of magic," she said calmly.
"Alright," Ballad said. "Where are we to begin?"
"I was thinking I should start on a little history lesson, Ballad. You need to know about magic, where it came from, and why it is so rare today..." The dragon turned around suddenly, the spirit's voice fading away into the morning as he heard a clatter. When he surveyed the boulders and rock-faces around him, however, he saw nothing of interest.
"Ballad! Are you listening?" Claramond demanded, taking back his attention.
"Yes, Grandmother, I am sorry," he said, blinking and turning around.
"Alright, let me repeat myself..."

1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21 22