Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Migrants from Oakrest
1 2 ... 239 240 241 242 243 ... 1584 1585
Spite is hard. There are definitely people I don't like, but same, I don't wish them ill - I just don't want to be around them any more than I have to be. ^^;; I also sometimes try to come up with why they might be the way they are.

Anxiety is definitely a problem. Also my characters and settings tend to change a lot, so whenever I think something gets hammered out and I can maybe go ahead and finish something, I get another idea and everything changes. >.>;; It's okay for things like this game because that keeps it interesting...if I had all my storylines wrapped up, I probably wouldn't log in as much. It's not a good thing though when it comes to attempting a novel or something like that.

There is totally nothing wrong with having conversations and elaborate scenarios that take place entirely in one's mind. Or if there is, I'm pretending there's nothing wrong with it, since I've done it all my life and am probably never going to change.
Spite is hard. There are definitely people I don't like, but same, I don't wish them ill - I just don't want to be around them any more than I have to be. ^^;; I also sometimes try to come up with why they might be the way they are.

Anxiety is definitely a problem. Also my characters and settings tend to change a lot, so whenever I think something gets hammered out and I can maybe go ahead and finish something, I get another idea and everything changes. >.>;; It's okay for things like this game because that keeps it interesting...if I had all my storylines wrapped up, I probably wouldn't log in as much. It's not a good thing though when it comes to attempting a novel or something like that.

There is totally nothing wrong with having conversations and elaborate scenarios that take place entirely in one's mind. Or if there is, I'm pretending there's nothing wrong with it, since I've done it all my life and am probably never going to change.
Ssnjyqq.pngGqCYo3Z.pngMjhcEqa.png0DjJJeq.pnggbzmCjn.pnggLKyC1J.pngC4p7R9l.pngV2CeOLQ.pngeQ6UJL0.png ICOy8Af.png
Ahhh yes writing your feelings into your characters.... *laughs self into a corner and starts crying*

Honestly? I actually find it kinda hard writing the super bad stuff. I guess it's a mixture of my absolute self-hatred and depression and what have you and just WANTING others to be happy; I dont want to create characters who have to deal with that, plus also my emotional blockade. I was raised to shove emotions into the back of my head, walk away from things, basically learn to pretend I'm perfectly fine when I'm not, and so it's hard for me to express it in any medium, really? Except photography, which I guess is why I'm so drawn to it...

ALSO GUY S I'm sorry I haven't written out the lore for your hatchies yet OTL OTL it was finals week this week and I like, just finished with everything so I SHOULD have time now.
Ahhh yes writing your feelings into your characters.... *laughs self into a corner and starts crying*

Honestly? I actually find it kinda hard writing the super bad stuff. I guess it's a mixture of my absolute self-hatred and depression and what have you and just WANTING others to be happy; I dont want to create characters who have to deal with that, plus also my emotional blockade. I was raised to shove emotions into the back of my head, walk away from things, basically learn to pretend I'm perfectly fine when I'm not, and so it's hard for me to express it in any medium, really? Except photography, which I guess is why I'm so drawn to it...

ALSO GUY S I'm sorry I haven't written out the lore for your hatchies yet OTL OTL it was finals week this week and I like, just finished with everything so I SHOULD have time now.
I have a hard time writing my exact feelings and situations, but I guess there's some of the same gut feelings and underlying issues, just changed into fantastical settings.

And yes to always pretending to be fine and hating myself because I should be fine but am not.

I hope your finals went well! No worries about the lore...it's just kind of you to share your hatchlings with us and be willing to write a bit for them! <3
I have a hard time writing my exact feelings and situations, but I guess there's some of the same gut feelings and underlying issues, just changed into fantastical settings.

And yes to always pretending to be fine and hating myself because I should be fine but am not.

I hope your finals went well! No worries about the lore...it's just kind of you to share your hatchlings with us and be willing to write a bit for them! <3
Ssnjyqq.pngGqCYo3Z.pngMjhcEqa.png0DjJJeq.pnggbzmCjn.pnggLKyC1J.pngC4p7R9l.pngV2CeOLQ.pngeQ6UJL0.png ICOy8Af.png
Phew, finally got my lore thread updated...though there are probably still a zillion typos. >.>;;

Now to work on removing links from the bios of the dragons that are leaving...why did I think it was a good idea to include links, why
Phew, finally got my lore thread updated...though there are probably still a zillion typos. >.>;;

Now to work on removing links from the bios of the dragons that are leaving...why did I think it was a good idea to include links, why
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33137263] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/331373/33137263_350.png[/img] [/url] Oops. Eulerian, if you could glance at the notes I shoved in this kid's bio and find the place where I shout for your assistance and then offer assistance, I would greatly appreciate it. <3 Edit: HE IS NOT DRESSED WELL BUT AT LEAST HE IS DRESSED.

33137263_350.png

Oops.

Eulerian, if you could glance at the notes I shoved in this kid's bio and find the place where I shout for your assistance and then offer assistance, I would greatly appreciate it. <3

Edit: HE IS NOT DRESSED WELL BUT AT LEAST HE IS DRESSED.
I'm not Eulerian, but I love it so far! :D
I'm not Eulerian, but I love it so far! :D
He and your doctor's son could start a Skydancer amputee club! :D

I am a terrible human being. More coffee, more coli, less troublemaking.
He and your doctor's son could start a Skydancer amputee club! :D

I am a terrible human being. More coffee, more coli, less troublemaking.
He has it so much worse than Hazelmist, but man I actually really love the idea of him being a dancer [i]and succeeding[/i]. I have a coatl who [s]doesn't want[/s] wants to join the club too. (I've actually had this accent forever but finally found the right dragon yesterday.) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33002732] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/330028/33002732_350.png[/img] [/url] When I saw him on AH I figured he must have been bred specifically for those colors since they match so well, but his parents have a super wide range? Anyway, he was a ship's cook who got shipwrecked, and he's going to be my clan's chef. Also alchemist. I realized I needed to be searching for dragons with lore in mind rather than "oh you're pretty let's figure out your lore later." Like I finally got a [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=245141&tab=dragon&did=2140592]dragon[/url] who's the spirit who lives in the tree that's Orewing's charge [s]he's super thrilled[/s]. (Now I just have to go write lore for them eventually.)
He has it so much worse than Hazelmist, but man I actually really love the idea of him being a dancer and succeeding.

I have a coatl who doesn't want wants to join the club too. (I've actually had this accent forever but finally found the right dragon yesterday.)

33002732_350.png

When I saw him on AH I figured he must have been bred specifically for those colors since they match so well, but his parents have a super wide range? Anyway, he was a ship's cook who got shipwrecked, and he's going to be my clan's chef. Also alchemist.

I realized I needed to be searching for dragons with lore in mind rather than "oh you're pretty let's figure out your lore later." Like I finally got a dragon who's the spirit who lives in the tree that's Orewing's charge he's super thrilled. (Now I just have to go write lore for them eventually.)
GEEEEZ I have to find me some amazing amputee / prosthetics skins. D: UGH WALLET WHY.

I really dig the skink with that glim tho. It's got almost a dark circus kind of aesthetic for him? That may be the top hat tho lol

Man, that tun D: What an amazing catch! G1 unbred 3 y/o?! HOW!?!?

Yeah, finding dragons WITH LORE IN MIND is way easier on your life than buying pretty things and then going "nuts, I thought I knew what I was doing D:"

I now have a pile of 3 dragons that I'm like "I mean. I guess. I don't. Actually know what to do with you???" So they might get exalted or they might get some slap-dash "this so doesn't fit my stuff" lore written and resold via the hatchery. *shifty look*
GEEEEZ I have to find me some amazing amputee / prosthetics skins. D: UGH WALLET WHY.

I really dig the skink with that glim tho. It's got almost a dark circus kind of aesthetic for him? That may be the top hat tho lol

Man, that tun D: What an amazing catch! G1 unbred 3 y/o?! HOW!?!?

Yeah, finding dragons WITH LORE IN MIND is way easier on your life than buying pretty things and then going "nuts, I thought I knew what I was doing D:"

I now have a pile of 3 dragons that I'm like "I mean. I guess. I don't. Actually know what to do with you???" So they might get exalted or they might get some slap-dash "this so doesn't fit my stuff" lore written and resold via the hatchery. *shifty look*
The ones I found were completely by accident when I was browsing for other accents, but then of course I had to find dragons for them. That one took me a while.

The top hat was all Rettah (the hatter from Eulerian's clan). He's like "I made you a hat! This will totally make everything better!" :D (I really love Rettah.)

I needed an older dragon who would be younger than Vespers but older than most of the rest of the clan, and I figured G1 would make more sense for spirits (I mean, some have parents, but some just...kind of exist). Theoretically element doesn't really matter for spirits either, but I kinda wanted him to be arcane. Color didn't matter since I again found a skin while browsing for something else and knew exactly what it would be used for, but it took me a while to get a dragon for it since I was trying to find arcane male G1s from 2014-ish (preferably unbred and semi-reasonably-priced).

Yeah, that's what I did when I randomly decided to browse opal dragons and savannah dragons (ooo, pretty dragons...but why are they here???). Including that fae I bought just because he reminded me of Eulerian's imps. (Sorry Eulerian he left because I had no idea what he would actually do in my lair.)

Well, I for one always enjoy reading your "slap-dash" lore (that is longer and more elaborate and beautiful than my actual lore). xD
The ones I found were completely by accident when I was browsing for other accents, but then of course I had to find dragons for them. That one took me a while.

The top hat was all Rettah (the hatter from Eulerian's clan). He's like "I made you a hat! This will totally make everything better!" :D (I really love Rettah.)

I needed an older dragon who would be younger than Vespers but older than most of the rest of the clan, and I figured G1 would make more sense for spirits (I mean, some have parents, but some just...kind of exist). Theoretically element doesn't really matter for spirits either, but I kinda wanted him to be arcane. Color didn't matter since I again found a skin while browsing for something else and knew exactly what it would be used for, but it took me a while to get a dragon for it since I was trying to find arcane male G1s from 2014-ish (preferably unbred and semi-reasonably-priced).

Yeah, that's what I did when I randomly decided to browse opal dragons and savannah dragons (ooo, pretty dragons...but why are they here???). Including that fae I bought just because he reminded me of Eulerian's imps. (Sorry Eulerian he left because I had no idea what he would actually do in my lair.)

Well, I for one always enjoy reading your "slap-dash" lore (that is longer and more elaborate and beautiful than my actual lore). xD
1 2 ... 239 240 241 242 243 ... 1584 1585