Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Migrants from Oakrest
1 2 ... 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 ... 1584 1585
sizes should never be looked at ever lololol because all that lies that way is CONFUSION
sizes should never be looked at ever lololol because all that lies that way is CONFUSION
otQd63W.png
*trying to farm crystal pool for chests*
*gets plague egg*

wat
*trying to farm crystal pool for chests*
*gets plague egg*

wat
otQd63W.png
OKAY WHICH ONE OF YOU DID THIS I HAVE A GOOD GUESS BUT I love this omg, I have the happy bubbly feeling and it's great omg also one of you has been sending me a bit of anonymous mail and I love you <3 [quote=slothqueenxx #264038] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33065278] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/330653/33065278_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Revelry scans the expanse of stone beneath him, intrigued! He hasn’t seen Dragonhome in a while, but it’s still as stone-y as his last trip. He alights for a short break, his small form recovering from the long flight. Having crossed the sea to reach Dragonhome instead of passing through the Scarred Wasteland, he was unable to stop for a rest and his small body is tired and sore. The Fae gulps, remembering that he has not yet reached his destination. He’s very grateful that people want to help name the stars, though, even if it means he has to fly all the way across Sornieth and back again. He looks up and sees the great stone pillar, and imagines what it would’ve looked like in its former glory. Craning his long neck around, he starts listing the new names of the stars to himself. Some are funny, and his face fins swing back and forwards in a Fae’s expression of laughter. Some are weird, others obscure. He shakes his head, remembering the reason he is here is to deliver a Star-Gram, not to ogle the stars. Checking his satchel quickly, Revelry secures it and resumes flying toward your lair. Upon arriving, he hovers in the air momentarily, eyes scanning for you. Spotting your form among the working dragons, he rushes over to deliver your Star-Gram, carefully drawing it out of his satchel and handing it to you. The handwritten Star-Gram reads: [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/d99e/f/2017/255/e/9/560_by_thecomposerrn-dbn96wd.png[/img] [b]Someone in Sornieth has named a Star for you! Its existence has been logged in the Arcanist's records, immortalized even as the cosmos themselves age! The Star's name is: Shula-Forever [/b] [i]~ A Migrant From Oakrest. ;3[/i] Revelry watches you read it and his fins are almost bending into his face. If Faes could smile, he would be grinning from fin to fin. He enjoys seeing people read the Star-Gram someone else has sent them. “It’s fantastic, isn’t it?” he says in a monotone, his eyes conveying sincerity instead of his flat voice. The Fae walks out of your lair, not looking back. He checks his satchel and its contents before lifting off with a sweep of his delicate wings, on his way to make another delivery. You can see his figure fading away as he gets smaller and smaller. It isn’t long before he’s just a speck flying in the distance. [size=1]This message was sent by Arcane's [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2284328/1]Star-Grams[/url] service! Help Spacedad give names to every entity in the cosmos and show the ones you care about that they're appreciated![/size] [/quote]
OKAY WHICH ONE OF YOU DID THIS
I HAVE A GOOD GUESS BUT

I love this omg, I have the happy bubbly feeling and it's great omg

also one of you has been sending me a bit of anonymous mail and I love you <3
slothqueenxx #264038 wrote:

Revelry scans the expanse of stone beneath him, intrigued! He hasn’t seen Dragonhome in a while, but it’s still as stone-y as his last trip. He alights for a short break, his small form recovering from the long flight. Having crossed the sea to reach Dragonhome instead of passing through the Scarred Wasteland, he was unable to stop for a rest and his small body is tired and sore. The Fae gulps, remembering that he has not yet reached his destination. He’s very grateful that people want to help name the stars, though, even if it means he has to fly all the way across Sornieth and back again.

He looks up and sees the great stone pillar, and imagines what it would’ve looked like in its former glory. Craning his long neck around, he starts listing the new names of the stars to himself. Some are funny, and his face fins swing back and forwards in a Fae’s expression of laughter. Some are weird, others obscure. He shakes his head, remembering the reason he is here is to deliver a Star-Gram, not to ogle the stars.

Checking his satchel quickly, Revelry secures it and resumes flying toward your lair. Upon arriving, he hovers in the air momentarily, eyes scanning for you. Spotting your form among the working dragons, he rushes over to deliver your Star-Gram, carefully drawing it out of his satchel and handing it to you. The handwritten Star-Gram reads:

560_by_thecomposerrn-dbn96wd.png

Someone in Sornieth has named a Star for you! Its existence has been logged in the Arcanist's records, immortalized even as the cosmos themselves age!

The Star's name is: Shula-Forever

~ A Migrant From Oakrest. ;3

Revelry watches you read it and his fins are almost bending into his face. If Faes could smile, he would be grinning from fin to fin. He enjoys seeing people read the Star-Gram someone else has sent them. “It’s fantastic, isn’t it?” he says in a monotone, his eyes conveying sincerity instead of his flat voice. The Fae walks out of your lair, not looking back. He checks his satchel and its contents before lifting off with a sweep of his delicate wings, on his way to make another delivery. You can see his figure fading away as he gets smaller and smaller. It isn’t long before he’s just a speck flying in the distance.

This message was sent by Arcane's Star-Grams service! Help Spacedad give names to every entity in the cosmos and show the ones you care about that they're appreciated!
otQd63W.png
I got one as well! Really brightened up my not-so-great day. Thank you mysterious migrant <3
I got one as well! Really brightened up my not-so-great day. Thank you mysterious migrant <3
THIS IS MY REPLY TO THE STAR GRAM [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32524330] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/325244/32524330_350.png[/img] [/url] Being the one who was not blind, Aeneas was the one to take the message from their brightly-colored fae. A gruff thanks was all he offered in return. Beside him, his uncle Melchior was sniffing a blend of perfumes so delicate that it was like flower petals dusting over the nose, lost in his craft. Aeneas said nothing as their visitor took back to the skies, quietly scanning the message a second time as the tiny dragon faded into the distance. There were few rules when dealing with Melchior but it was well known that the blind dragon liked to do things at his own pace, put things out of place in his own methodical way. There was a rhythm to when one could effectively interrupt him this deep in his work and luckily, Aeneas was well-acquainted with it. For a while, he waited as his uncle rolled colorless essences into each other, faint wafts of perfume filling the air. They were all supposedly unique, not that Aeneas could tell. Light and airy, they were lost to him on the wind. It must have been for Euna, then. As Melchior's mate, it made sense that she would be the only one to be able to correctly identify every fragrance that passed through his claws. Finally seeing an opening as his uncle reached for the stopper of his latest perfume, Aeneas said, "Tell me about your mother." Melchior leaned a little in his direction at that. "Ask her yourself. Mother likes talking to family." "No, not the Chancellor," Aeneas said, first shaking his head and then grunting when he remembered that his uncle would not see it. "Shula. There's a star named after her now, did you know?" "Oh." The reaction was so flat, so clearly baffled that Aeneas snorted. The older skydancer twitched a little. He reached for the stopper again. "Ask Hodges, he knew her a little. She was a smith, a fire enchantress. She liked bees. I look a bit like her. That's all I know." To be fair, that was still a good bit more than some knew about their parents. Aeneas grunted in answer. Melchior frowned but said, "Equinox in Crystal Toadstool. Yew and Ember Prufrock. Ask one of them if you want, they actually knew her." "Aren't you curious?" Aeneas asked idly. His uncle shrugged. "I have a mother already." Well, that was fair enough. As much as Aeneas appreciated being in contact with Fariha, it wasn't quite the same. After all, Kindra was his only parent all but in name. Still, maybe the rest of the family might get some closure from it. Few of them were Arcane but maybe it would make them feel better knowing that Grandmother Shula was watching them from more beautiful sky.
THIS IS MY REPLY TO THE STAR GRAM

32524330_350.png

Being the one who was not blind, Aeneas was the one to take the message from their brightly-colored fae. A gruff thanks was all he offered in return. Beside him, his uncle Melchior was sniffing a blend of perfumes so delicate that it was like flower petals dusting over the nose, lost in his craft. Aeneas said nothing as their visitor took back to the skies, quietly scanning the message a second time as the tiny dragon faded into the distance.

There were few rules when dealing with Melchior but it was well known that the blind dragon liked to do things at his own pace, put things out of place in his own methodical way. There was a rhythm to when one could effectively interrupt him this deep in his work and luckily, Aeneas was well-acquainted with it. For a while, he waited as his uncle rolled colorless essences into each other, faint wafts of perfume filling the air. They were all supposedly unique, not that Aeneas could tell. Light and airy, they were lost to him on the wind. It must have been for Euna, then. As Melchior's mate, it made sense that she would be the only one to be able to correctly identify every fragrance that passed through his claws.

Finally seeing an opening as his uncle reached for the stopper of his latest perfume, Aeneas said, "Tell me about your mother."

Melchior leaned a little in his direction at that. "Ask her yourself. Mother likes talking to family."

"No, not the Chancellor," Aeneas said, first shaking his head and then grunting when he remembered that his uncle would not see it. "Shula. There's a star named after her now, did you know?"

"Oh." The reaction was so flat, so clearly baffled that Aeneas snorted. The older skydancer twitched a little. He reached for the stopper again. "Ask Hodges, he knew her a little. She was a smith, a fire enchantress. She liked bees. I look a bit like her. That's all I know."

To be fair, that was still a good bit more than some knew about their parents. Aeneas grunted in answer.

Melchior frowned but said, "Equinox in Crystal Toadstool. Yew and Ember Prufrock. Ask one of them if you want, they actually knew her."

"Aren't you curious?" Aeneas asked idly.

His uncle shrugged. "I have a mother already."

Well, that was fair enough. As much as Aeneas appreciated being in contact with Fariha, it wasn't quite the same. After all, Kindra was his only parent all but in name. Still, maybe the rest of the family might get some closure from it. Few of them were Arcane but maybe it would make them feel better knowing that Grandmother Shula was watching them from more beautiful sky.
otQd63W.png
Eulerian- That's a lovely exposition. I love the idea of Aeneas wanting to know more about his grandmother. And that Melchior seems rather disenchanted with it all. I'm sure it will strike interest, or at least appreciation, in the user who sent these out.

(And lore-wise... He's welcome to ask Equinox about Shula. He spent a great deal of his youth training under her as a blacksmith, so he felt very close to her, both as a mother and a teacher.)
Eulerian- That's a lovely exposition. I love the idea of Aeneas wanting to know more about his grandmother. And that Melchior seems rather disenchanted with it all. I'm sure it will strike interest, or at least appreciation, in the user who sent these out.

(And lore-wise... He's welcome to ask Equinox about Shula. He spent a great deal of his youth training under her as a blacksmith, so he felt very close to her, both as a mother and a teacher.)
I got one too and laughed super hard at a star named Lore Hell. Lol. :). Super big cheer up! Thank you mysterious sender!

Also eulerian yes I like this writing quite a bit! <3
I got one too and laughed super hard at a star named Lore Hell. Lol. :). Super big cheer up! Thank you mysterious sender!

Also eulerian yes I like this writing quite a bit! <3
Okay, whoever got a Star-Gram for me---bless. <3

It made my crappy day!
Okay, whoever got a Star-Gram for me---bless. <3

It made my crappy day!
Oh my god I got a star named Lore Hell 101

Bless
Oh my god I got a star named Lore Hell 101

Bless
6bbcbe9acf989176baa27b08e3311178ac4b7a7c.gif
SAL I KNOW IT WAS YOU WHO SENT IT TO ME AS WELL

Edit/ *Big Hugs*