Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Together... ~a Pinkerlocke~
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
@Skyeset

Gotcha! ^^ I'm glad you like it thus far!
@Skyeset

Gotcha! ^^ I'm glad you like it thus far!
Hello
[center][b]Day 3 - Humble Beginnings[/b] [item=turnip][item=volt wiring] Sentence : 10-20 battles in coli[/center] _______________________________________________________________________________________ Vice had been watching the Snapper fiddle with the various deadwood around the area for a while now. Lucky for him, this program included: picking up branches, dragging branches, stabbing branches into the ground, putting branches on other branches, putting branches on other things, tying branches together best Wisteria could with twigs, bending branches, and his personal favorite, [i]throwing dirt[/i]. Vice was horribly bored of these stupid branches. "Wissi, I hate to interrupt you..." The Snapper did not turn to him, instead trying to lay yet another branch across the odd structure she had made, "But could you PLEASE explain what on Sornieth you are doing....?" He stretched from his previous leaning, feeling the pressure in his joints crack and release. Vice gasped as a shooting pain came from the sudden movement of his tail. Wisteria raised herself onto her haunches, forcing the branch to bend. She waited until a deep crack resounded as it was forced to split. Vice squinted his eyes; the branch hadn't split all the way and now was bent in the way Wisteria wanted it. "Wissi, are you listenin' to me?" He huffed in annoyance, his ears twitching. Slowly, he slid off his resting place, creeping around Buttercup, once more sleeping. The grievous injuries whisked her away into the realm of sleep quite a lot. But hopefully that meant she was just healing. His footsteps were airy as he danced his form around her. Wisteria stepped back from her creation, purple eyes taking in the structure she had made. It looked like a beaver's dam, with a portion of the front removed. Her maw grew into a tremendous grin, and she leaped up from her spot in what Vice could only describe as literally "Jumping for joy". "Welcome to our den, Vice! We surely can't sleep in the open, so I constructed this! And just in time, too...I can't believe how dark it's gotten already! Just look at that sky!" Her tail wagged happily before stopping as she frowned. Vice's left ear specifically raised in curiosity and vile confusion. "What's wrong now?" "Well, we need a door...and also, I think it might just be suspicious to have a pile of branches here like this..." "Good grief," The Spiral groaned, his shoulders dropping in defeat. "Come on Vice! Help me pull some vines and stuff over it! We can finish it in twenty minutes tops, and go to sleep in our new home!" There was that excitement again. Buttercup felt herself yawn softly, before her eyes opened to see the beautiful lake before her. Her fingers wiggled through the soft dirt around her, her senses savoring the feeling. She frowned though, once looking into the clear water. Her gaze stuck to the healing gash on her jaw. [i]Those scabs...They looked so ugly.....They were hiding the beautiful skin underneath....[/i] She reached a claw up, fingers twitching in anticipation. They never got relief though, as Vice called to her. "Buttercup, you up? Look over here!" She recognized his voice, and something in the back of her mind clicked; his voice automatically was more important than what she wanted to do. Be turned her head to the right, seeing her friend standing in front of a giant bush that had grown while she slept. "What....is this....?" her head raised a little, confused. "This is our home. Our den," The Spiral scried over to the Guardian, noting the smile on her face growing at his approach, "Come on, can you stand? Let me help you over and you can resume your nap. How does that sound?" Wisteria cocked her brow, noticing how different his actions and tone of voice was when interacting with the Guardian. It could be because he pitied or worried for her....Still, it was something worth keeping her eyes on. "Does...our den have a name...?" Wisteria widened her eyes in a sudden realization. "No...I don't suppose it does...What should we call it?" "We have to name our fricking den?" "Vice, language. Hmm...Well...Let's see.....Do you two want to name it?" ".......It's a beginning.....to something great...." Buttercup mumbled softly, looking to Wisteria. "Yeah...Looks rather humble or.....meek or something..." Vice shrugged, pawing the ground. Wisteria nodded and looked back at the structure, that now had various leafy twigs and vines adorning it. "Well....A-ha! This is it!" Wisteria's grin returned to her thoughtful face, "The name of our den shall be Humble Beginnings!". The bats beginning their nightly routines were distracted by the group of cheering children. Some glanced at the hill they were laughing at, others shielded their ears and decided to go back to their homes, saving hunting for later. One particular bat opened their eyes, ruffled their silver fur, and wished a silent congratulations to them, even if the creature had no idea what they were cheering so happily about. ____________________________________________________________________________________ @Leopardmask @AnnaStar353 @Aliceclockwork @Belviere @AmmieKatt @KyloRen @SkylineCity @ccdefoe2000 @lackingsanity Wisteria, Buttercup, and Vice are now level 3! Just a reminder, I am using their breeding cooldown time as them being [s]teenagers[/s] adolescent dragons. Please, tell me what you think in the comments and such ^^ Talk to me, I'm rather lonely here haha. On another note, I hope everyone had a happy holiday yesterday and ate all the turkey you wanted, I thought it would be a great day to introduce their new home. Do you guys think I should Update tomorrow, or sunday? I mean to have it every two days, and then somehow I got thrown off my every 2 day schedule and now I'm updating on the day in between the days I'm suppose to and you guys get what I'm saying, right? Tomorrow, I'm suppose to update, but should I just update two days from now instead? Let me know what you think, and I'll see you when I see you ^^
Day 3 - Humble Beginnings
Turnip Volt Wiring
Sentence : 10-20 battles in coli
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Vice had been watching the Snapper fiddle with the various deadwood around the area for a while now. Lucky for him, this program included: picking up branches, dragging branches, stabbing branches into the ground, putting branches on other branches, putting branches on other things, tying branches together best Wisteria could with twigs, bending branches, and his personal favorite, throwing dirt.

Vice was horribly bored of these stupid branches.

"Wissi, I hate to interrupt you..." The Snapper did not turn to him, instead trying to lay yet another branch across the odd structure she had made, "But could you PLEASE explain what on Sornieth you are doing....?" He stretched from his previous leaning, feeling the pressure in his joints crack and release. Vice gasped as a shooting pain came from the sudden movement of his tail.

Wisteria raised herself onto her haunches, forcing the branch to bend. She waited until a deep crack resounded as it was forced to split. Vice squinted his eyes; the branch hadn't split all the way and now was bent in the way Wisteria wanted it.

"Wissi, are you listenin' to me?" He huffed in annoyance, his ears twitching. Slowly, he slid off his resting place, creeping around Buttercup, once more sleeping. The grievous injuries whisked her away into the realm of sleep quite a lot. But hopefully that meant she was just healing. His footsteps were airy as he danced his form around her.

Wisteria stepped back from her creation, purple eyes taking in the structure she had made. It looked like a beaver's dam, with a portion of the front removed. Her maw grew into a tremendous grin, and she leaped up from her spot in what Vice could only describe as literally "Jumping for joy".

"Welcome to our den, Vice! We surely can't sleep in the open, so I constructed this! And just in time, too...I can't believe how dark it's gotten already! Just look at that sky!" Her tail wagged happily before stopping as she frowned. Vice's left ear specifically raised in curiosity and vile confusion.

"What's wrong now?"

"Well, we need a door...and also, I think it might just be suspicious to have a pile of branches here like this..."

"Good grief," The Spiral groaned, his shoulders dropping in defeat.

"Come on Vice! Help me pull some vines and stuff over it! We can finish it in twenty minutes tops, and go to sleep in our new home!" There was that excitement again.

Buttercup felt herself yawn softly, before her eyes opened to see the beautiful lake before her. Her fingers wiggled through the soft dirt around her, her senses savoring the feeling. She frowned though, once looking into the clear water. Her gaze stuck to the healing gash on her jaw.

Those scabs...They looked so ugly.....They were hiding the beautiful skin underneath....
She reached a claw up, fingers twitching in anticipation. They never got relief though, as Vice called to her.

"Buttercup, you up? Look over here!" She recognized his voice, and something in the back of her mind clicked; his voice automatically was more important than what she wanted to do. Be turned her head to the right, seeing her friend standing in front of a giant bush that had grown while she slept.

"What....is this....?" her head raised a little, confused.

"This is our home. Our den," The Spiral scried over to the Guardian, noting the smile on her face growing at his approach, "Come on, can you stand? Let me help you over and you can resume your nap. How does that sound?" Wisteria cocked her brow, noticing how different his actions and tone of voice was when interacting with the Guardian. It could be because he pitied or worried for her....Still, it was something worth keeping her eyes on.

"Does...our den have a name...?"

Wisteria widened her eyes in a sudden realization. "No...I don't suppose it does...What should we call it?"

"We have to name our fricking den?"

"Vice, language. Hmm...Well...Let's see.....Do you two want to name it?"

".......It's a beginning.....to something great...." Buttercup mumbled softly, looking to Wisteria.

"Yeah...Looks rather humble or.....meek or something..." Vice shrugged, pawing the ground. Wisteria nodded and looked back at the structure, that now had various leafy twigs and vines adorning it.

"Well....A-ha! This is it!" Wisteria's grin returned to her thoughtful face, "The name of our den shall be Humble Beginnings!".

The bats beginning their nightly routines were distracted by the group of cheering children. Some glanced at the hill they were laughing at, others shielded their ears and decided to go back to their homes, saving hunting for later. One particular bat opened their eyes, ruffled their silver fur, and wished a silent congratulations to them, even if the creature had no idea what they were cheering so happily about.

____________________________________________________________________________________

@Leopardmask @AnnaStar353 @Aliceclockwork @Belviere @AmmieKatt @KyloRen @SkylineCity @ccdefoe2000 @lackingsanity

Wisteria, Buttercup, and Vice are now level 3! Just a reminder, I am using their breeding cooldown time as them being teenagers adolescent dragons. Please, tell me what you think in the comments and such ^^ Talk to me, I'm rather lonely here haha.

On another note, I hope everyone had a happy holiday yesterday and ate all the turkey you wanted, I thought it would be a great day to introduce their new home. Do you guys think I should Update tomorrow, or sunday? I mean to have it every two days, and then somehow I got thrown off my every 2 day schedule and now I'm updating on the day in between the days I'm suppose to and you guys get what I'm saying, right? Tomorrow, I'm suppose to update, but should I just update two days from now instead? Let me know what you think, and I'll see you when I see you ^^
Hello
[center][b]Day 4 - Living Together[/b] [item=Burnished Filigree Breastplate][item=Birch twigs][item=Tiger Fern Tarantula] Sentence : 20 coli battles, Gene or breed dragons, writing ....But...none of them are ready to breed yet....... [/center] _______________________________________________________________________________________ [i]It's been a while since we all started living together. Overall, it's been good. We haven't made any preparations to head to the clan Wissi talks about. But I'm fine with it. Vice and Wissi have taken very good care of me. All of us are growing bigger by the day, and my injuries from that thing have healed....Unfortunately, my wings will never. Vice made the comment that the membrane hangs like several ribbons by my side. Wissi hit him and made him apologize. But it's okay. I appreciate his honesty. I can run. Vice has been trying to fly as of late. Wisteria hasn't tried, because she says snappers can't and she wouldn't want to waste time. She planted the Mustard plant I had. It actually took root and grows. I like it here, with Wissi and Vice. I especially like Vice. He's sweet. I have to go hunt now, I'm the best at it, and I provide a lot of food for all of us. Vice is accompanying me and we need to find dinner. Don't tell anyone, but I secretly like the time spent with him just a tiny bit more than with Wissi. Shhh![/i] Buttercup quickly put down the feather-quill Vice had found and shut her journal. It was one of the many things she had in her bag. The lock was quickly reapplied, being nothing more than a string tied around a small jut in the cover. The journal was then placed once more in the bag before she exited their ever growing lair. Wisteria was busy rubbing the carpenter wax they collected on birch branches that she had felled. As the dragons continued to grow, their den did as well. Vice stood on the peak of the tallest boulder surrounding their pond. As she grew, Buttercup realized they weren't really boulders, more like really big rocks. Vice stilled his breath as all of his six* wings began to flap. He let a moment pass, closing his eyes to "get the feel of it" "He's going to try again" Buttercup spoke softly to the still working Snapper. "Oh dear" Wisteria spoke without turning. She knew how this would end. "Here I go. Vice, leader of the Blue Spirals....I can do this......Here I go!" His upper body launched off the rock without trouble. Once at the edge, his back legs clung to the rock, throwing off his balance. He hovered for a spare moment, before falling into the pond below. "There he goes..." Be tilted her head to the left. "I thought as much" Wisteria spoke, dropping the branch she was working on into a pile to her left. She grabbed one from the pile on her right, and began to rub wax onto that one as well. "D-Didja see it?! Guys, I almost had it! I flew for a moment!" The Spiral launched himself out of the water, shaking the liquid off his scales. "I am getting so close to it! I can feel it! I think tomorrow might be the day!" "I'm proud of you Vice!" Buttercup wagged her tail, nuzzling the Spiral softly. It always brought an embarrassed blush to his already red scales. "Thanks Be....Welp, we're off Wissi!" The Snapper turned to wave goodbye, before getting back to work. The Spiral led the Guardian down the path they had begun to make, happily going on about his chances at flying as they left to gather what would be tonight's dinner...and tomorrow's breakfast. [b][i]"....Lurking in the blood of many clans was a virus. One that drove the infected mad and savage. Some attributed this to the Shade, and called them Shade touched. Others called them mongrels and cut them down before they were a threat. No one really knows what this illness is....I'm going to be one of the stupid ones that try to find out......." [/i][/b] ____________________________________________________________________________________ @Leopardmask @AnnaStar353 @Aliceclockwork @Belviere @AmmieKatt @KyloRen @SkylineCity @ccdefoe2000 @lackingsanity I put the armor on Be. She looks quite good in it. I also threw a piece of jewelry on her. I'll add a few pieces to Vice and Wisteria as well. What do you guys think would look good? And we got to see some of Be's thinking. I'd say this time skip wasn't majorly long, but they're starting to grow now before they reach maturity. Tell me what you think in the comments ^^ About characters, or the story thus far, or whoever you think that blob of black text at the end is. *Apparently Spirals have six wings. Thank you Leopardmask for pointing that out
Day 4 - Living Together
Burnished Filigree Breastplate Birch Twigs Tiger Fern Tarantula
Sentence : 20 coli battles, Gene or breed dragons, writing
....But...none of them are ready to breed yet.......
_______________________________________________________________________________________

It's been a while since we all started living together. Overall, it's been good. We haven't made any preparations to head to the clan Wissi talks about. But I'm fine with it. Vice and Wissi have taken very good care of me. All of us are growing bigger by the day, and my injuries from that thing have healed....Unfortunately, my wings will never. Vice made the comment that the membrane hangs like several ribbons by my side. Wissi hit him and made him apologize.
But it's okay. I appreciate his honesty. I can run. Vice has been trying to fly as of late. Wisteria hasn't tried, because she says snappers can't and she wouldn't want to waste time. She planted the Mustard plant I had. It actually took root and grows. I like it here, with Wissi and Vice. I especially like Vice. He's sweet. I have to go hunt now, I'm the best at it, and I provide a lot of food for all of us. Vice is accompanying me and we need to find dinner. Don't tell anyone, but I secretly like the time spent with him just a tiny bit more than with Wissi. Shhh!

Buttercup quickly put down the feather-quill Vice had found and shut her journal. It was one of the many things she had in her bag. The lock was quickly reapplied, being nothing more than a string tied around a small jut in the cover. The journal was then placed once more in the bag before she exited their ever growing lair.

Wisteria was busy rubbing the carpenter wax they collected on birch branches that she had felled. As the dragons continued to grow, their den did as well. Vice stood on the peak of the tallest boulder surrounding their pond. As she grew, Buttercup realized they weren't really boulders, more like really big rocks.

Vice stilled his breath as all of his six* wings began to flap. He let a moment pass, closing his eyes to "get the feel of it"

"He's going to try again" Buttercup spoke softly to the still working Snapper.

"Oh dear" Wisteria spoke without turning. She knew how this would end.

"Here I go. Vice, leader of the Blue Spirals....I can do this......Here I go!" His upper body launched off the rock without trouble. Once at the edge, his back legs clung to the rock, throwing off his balance. He hovered for a spare moment, before falling into the pond below.

"There he goes..." Be tilted her head to the left.

"I thought as much" Wisteria spoke, dropping the branch she was working on into a pile to her left. She grabbed one from the pile on her right, and began to rub wax onto that one as well.

"D-Didja see it?! Guys, I almost had it! I flew for a moment!" The Spiral launched himself out of the water, shaking the liquid off his scales. "I am getting so close to it! I can feel it! I think tomorrow might be the day!"

"I'm proud of you Vice!" Buttercup wagged her tail, nuzzling the Spiral softly. It always brought an embarrassed blush to his already red scales.

"Thanks Be....Welp, we're off Wissi!" The Snapper turned to wave goodbye, before getting back to work. The Spiral led the Guardian down the path they had begun to make, happily going on about his chances at flying as they left to gather what would be tonight's dinner...and tomorrow's breakfast.

"....Lurking in the blood of many clans was a virus. One that drove the infected mad and savage. Some attributed this to the Shade, and called them Shade touched. Others called them mongrels and cut them down before they were a threat. No one really knows what this illness is....I'm going to be one of the stupid ones that try to find out......."
____________________________________________________________________________________
@Leopardmask @AnnaStar353 @Aliceclockwork @Belviere @AmmieKatt @KyloRen @SkylineCity @ccdefoe2000 @lackingsanity

I put the armor on Be. She looks quite good in it. I also threw a piece of jewelry on her. I'll add a few pieces to Vice and Wisteria as well. What do you guys think would look good?
And we got to see some of Be's thinking. I'd say this time skip wasn't majorly long, but they're starting to grow now before they reach maturity. Tell me what you think in the comments ^^ About characters, or the story thus far, or whoever you think that blob of black text at the end is.

*Apparently Spirals have six wings. Thank you Leopardmask for pointing that out
Hello
@Deathwolf555
-Okay but what is that spider item I have never seen it before. Is it a new item or something?
-One little nitpick: Spirals have 6 wings, at least two of which are attached to the limbs Vice is probably using to stand on the rock. You said he's flapping eight wings. :P
-Gdi is the Shade going to come in and mess up the lives of the dragons in every Pinkerlocke I read
@Deathwolf555
-Okay but what is that spider item I have never seen it before. Is it a new item or something?
-One little nitpick: Spirals have 6 wings, at least two of which are attached to the limbs Vice is probably using to stand on the rock. You said he's flapping eight wings. :P
-Gdi is the Shade going to come in and mess up the lives of the dragons in every Pinkerlocke I read
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@Deathwolf555 [quote]I'm going to be one of the stupid ones that try to find out.......[/quote] Best thing ever, lol. Are they meeting a new dragon or finding the journal of the unfortunate soul who said this?
@Deathwolf555
Quote:
I'm going to be one of the stupid ones that try to find out.......
Best thing ever, lol. Are they meeting a new dragon or finding the journal of the unfortunate soul who said this?
lUc1aX6.gifOnQ3zz1.gifoob_crest_100_by_cthulucy-db2ny03.png
@Deathwolf555 Would you add me to the ping list for updates? I love this! :)
@Deathwolf555 Would you add me to the ping list for updates? I love this! :)
oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png dd10gp3-d6cdf0fa-96e4-470f-9bc4-70fee79f755e.png SKsJX7z.png
@Leopardmask

Whoops. I was trying to count Vice's wings and i swore i counted 8....Hehehe...I'll fix that. Dang it Vice. Makin' me get dragon anatomy wrong.
I don't know, but I don't like looking at it DX stupid ugly tarantula. And whoops. My urnished Filigree armor isn't showing. I'll fix that too.
I have no idea :3 Will it be the Shade? Hmmm..... Leo Senpai has finally noticed my pinkerlocke XD

@Belviere
XD I'm glad you enjoy that.
And quickly shuts mouth before spoilers tumble out

@DragonWarrior333
Of course ^^ I'm so glad you enjoy this! I'll add you right away!
@Leopardmask

Whoops. I was trying to count Vice's wings and i swore i counted 8....Hehehe...I'll fix that. Dang it Vice. Makin' me get dragon anatomy wrong.
I don't know, but I don't like looking at it DX stupid ugly tarantula. And whoops. My urnished Filigree armor isn't showing. I'll fix that too.
I have no idea :3 Will it be the Shade? Hmmm..... Leo Senpai has finally noticed my pinkerlocke XD

@Belviere
XD I'm glad you enjoy that.
And quickly shuts mouth before spoilers tumble out

@DragonWarrior333
Of course ^^ I'm so glad you enjoy this! I'll add you right away!
Hello
@Deathwolf555 OMG I'm a Senpai now :O
Apparently the tarantula is a high-level insect-catching item, which would explain why I haven't seen one (I'm level 20 and they're found at level 29+). They look sort of new too, but IDK.
@Deathwolf555 OMG I'm a Senpai now :O
Apparently the tarantula is a high-level insect-catching item, which would explain why I haven't seen one (I'm level 20 and they're found at level 29+). They look sort of new too, but IDK.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@Leopardmask
Yes, you are my Pinkerlocke Senpai
Huh...I just went to Pinkerton and was like "Yo! Give me my stuff!" And he threw a tarantula at me.....Not fun. They do look new cause this is the first time I've seen them :/
@Leopardmask
Yes, you are my Pinkerlocke Senpai
Huh...I just went to Pinkerton and was like "Yo! Give me my stuff!" And he threw a tarantula at me.....Not fun. They do look new cause this is the first time I've seen them :/
Hello
[center][b]]Day 5([color=red]Days 8-12[/color]} - Things that go Bump in the Night[/b] [item=Chromodori Swimmer][item=crackled scales] Sentence : 30-40 Coli battles [i]I have to apologize...it's been four days. For the life of me, I can't find where i jotted down the other two items I got. They were mats, but I can't find it.[/i][/center] _______________________________________________________________________________________ "Well they were [b]stupid[/b]!" Came the angered cry of a very upset and close to tears Spiral. Wisteria sighed as she pounded together a salve that would heal up the injuries that he had gotten that day. "Seriously! They're rats with wings and snake tails! It's nothing but a load of bul-" "Vice! Language [i]please[/i]!" The Snapper hissed under her breath. Once Vice saw the white goop, he tried to slink away from the approaching dragon. "Oh no, you're NOT putting that clay on me!" "It's not clay, it's a salve. It's to make sure you don't die. They could have lockjaw on their claws. We're close enough to the Plague border that we can't be carefree. Unless your eyes are suddenly red now, Vice..." She tried once again to smear the paste onto his cuts. A bestial cry came from his throat as she did. His body jerked away from her. "That [i]hurts[/i]! I'll be fine without it!" "Not even Buttercup fought this much, you big baby!" Wisteria pounded her forefoot on the ground, not noticing the mentioned Guardian slowly coming up behind her. Buttercup wearily sighed upon seeing the issue between her two friends. It had been her fault - The reason Vice was in pain right now. She had seen the sleeping...what had he called it? A Cockatiel? No, It was more like a Cockathrice, or Cockasomething. Either way, she thought it was the perfect thing for her dinner tonight. The bones, she had said, would be perfect for Wisteria's garden(Not that either would admit it was little more than just a few weeds she had put together) as bone meal. Slowly, the two crept up and tried to go for the kill. They hadn't expected to both miss the target and stumble into an entire nest. With many angry and protective giant birds, they were lucky to get out as they were. Vice ended up taking more of the hits for her. Both his quick thinking to protect her and his....rather likened appearance to an earth worm, maybe the birds were hungry. [i]'Still, it was a Guardian's job to protect their charge, not the other way around!'[/i]. A pang struck her heart as she thought over what she had thought. Had she really just refer to him as her charge? As in the one and only thing a Guardian was suppose to live for? No...No.... Not him. She was too young yet. With that in mind, Buttercup closed the few feet between them, striding up to the Spiral and pushing her head underneath his in an affectionate(and one could say...almost intimate) manner. Instantly, Vice began to stutter as his scales flushed redder in color. "O-Oh? Be.....U-uh, if I could as-ask...W- AAARGGH!" Wisteria smiled to him as she pressed the salve onto his open wounds. Buttercup purred lightly, pressing a bit harder and effectively pinning him to the wall. "Argh! You-You Traitors! Be!!! I trusted you! Owww!" Red scales writhed in light agony as Wisteria finally finished applying the salve and in her terms, preventing him from dying. "Could you hold him a bit longer, Be? I just need to wrap these up a bit." "Of course Wissi! I could stay here ALL day~" Eyes darted quickly under their lids until finally fear forced them open. Vice jolted up, before whimpering as quietly as he could. It seemed like moving was his enemy once more. He could recall not too long ago, it was his now forever bent tail that caused him such pain. His large, pink eyes scanned the den. It was already four times bigger than it started out. The Moon was nearly full now, illuminating the entrance to their home. Naturally, he found himself looking towards the light. With his mind now almost completely awake due to adrenaline, he figured the most logical thing to do was to slow his breathing and think about what it was that frightened him so. Vice could find nothing but unfathomable darkness replacing the vivid images he was sure he had seen. His nose crinkled as tears welled in his eyes. 'Just another response....It's nothing more than that....' He tried to believe himself. "....Vice?" A familiar voice whispered from the darkness. Too weary to let the tears do anything other than fall, he turned away from the moonlit doorway, just barely focusing on the shape of a now semi alert Buttercup in the darkness. "It's fine, Be...Go back to sleep." He barely choked out those simple words without his voice shaking. This was illogical. He shouldn't be reacting this way over a stupid dream. A dream he couldn't even remember. Slowly, Buttercup picked herself up from the floor and tip toed around Wisteria. She recalled something about Snappers never sleeping. Instead, Wisteria brought herself into a deep enough meditated state that mimicked sleep and refreshed her mind in the same way. Gently, She led him outside into the moonlit night. "I'm sorry for waking you, Be" Vice sighed, staring at the pale ground. The chill of the nearing December* nipped lightly at both dragons, and upon seeing a slight shiver in the Spiral's form, caused the Guardian to press against him once more and wrap her shredded wing around him. "Did you dream?" Her voice came out as soft and timid. It did not cover the tone of concern though. "Something like it." He felt weak, always having to rely on girls' support. He couldn't help but feel a bitter taste of humiliation in his mouth. "Did you have a night terror?" She turned to look at him softly, her good eye gazing upon his. "I think so." "Want to talk about it?" "I...I can't remember. And that's what's making me angry about it. I mean, I think there was fire...And...I think....A mom?" "Your mom, perhaps?" He bit his tongue. Was he about to venture down this path right now? Did they have to have this cliche moonlit talk about how he couldn't remember his parents? He sighed, allowing his shoulders and wings to droop. "I don't know. I can't....remember them. But don't tell anyone that! I don't mean to not know...I just can't remember. I don't even remember what I was doing in the Plaguelands anyways before Wissi found me. I was just laying there like an idiot, waiting to die....I have no purpose. I can't even protect either of you. You're the one who had to carry me back here..." She couldn't stand seeing him look so defeated, illuminated in the moon's glow. It seemed to only accent his sorrow. "But Vice...You [b]did [/b]protect me. If not for you, I'd be in your state, or worse....Really...I can't thank you enough....I'm a Guardian. It's my breed's purpose to find things to protect... This was just a failure today," She shook her head, feeling a few pops in her neck as it cracked from movement, "I [b]will[/b] protect you. Both of you. I refuse to find solace with anything else. I'll be the strongest and no one will mess with you....A-and when that happens...We can find your parents, Hm?" She smiled lightly at him. Upon not getting much more of a response other than a flick of his ears, she whipped around and returned into the den, shocking the Spiral. She was out again in a flash, book in her maw. She placed it on the ground and flipped a few pages in, to where it started. "[i]Two Households, both alike in dignity. In Fair Verona, where we lay our......s-scene. From ancient grudge break to new mutiny, Where civil blood.....makes ci-vull hands unclean...[/i]" Vice couldn't help but smile lightly as her voice tripped over the words. Buttercup couldn't read all that well, but she'd try the best she could if it would make him happy. "[i]. . . Do with their death bury their parents' strife. The fe-fearful passage of their death-mark'd love, And the 'con-tin-you-ants' of their parents' rage, Which, but their children's end, nought could....remove.... Is now the two hours' traffic of our stage; The which if you with patient ears attend....What here shall miss....Sh-Shall....miss...O-Ou-our toil shall strive to mend....![/i]" She smirked proudly as she met the end of the prolouge. "What is this, Be?" "R-Romeo and Juliet, by William Shakespearl....My parents use to read it to me all the time. I rather enjoy the story....and I thought maybe you'd like it too. It might put your mind at ease if you listen to the story, or a bit of it, it might help you a bit. To ease your mind." "Thank you Be...." He smiled and curled up next to her as she continued to struggle with 'Act 1, Scene 1'. Wisteria awoke in the morning to find her two friends missing, their sleeping spots long cold. She panicked as she turned to run out of the den, before seeing their sleeping forms before the doorway. The Snapper sighed, tip toeing over the two dragons, Vice resting against her shoulder comfortably, Buttercup sleeping on her book. Wisteria squinted her eyes, looking at the words on the page. "...[i].'Good heart, at what? At thy good heart's oppression'.[/i]...Hm.. Interesting." Wisteria sighed and pulled at a blanket Vice had found in the possession of some beasts they had fought. It wasn't big enough for the both of them, but she dragged it over and laid it over them the best she could, the green cloth shimmering against the two, doing all it could to protect them from the rising cold, and keep their minds at ease and dreaming. [b]".......There was a battle over Mammon's tusk today. I only participated in the second half. I lost my eyes a moment there in battle, as if they had grown a mind not attached to mine. They flickered back and forth for an eternity before I could blink and regain control. I believe Justance once called that Nystagmus. It concerns me. Meanwhile, I saw my target once more. Blood crystals have already begun to grow on his hide and I cannot recognize him in his now rotting eyes. If this truly is the work of a scorned god or wives tale, I wonder what could have angered it so to give us a fate worse than death...."[/b] ____________________________________________________________________________________ @Leopardmask @AnnaStar353 @Aliceclockwork @Belviere @AmmieKatt @KyloRen @Skyeset @ccdefoe2000 @lackingsanity @DragonWarrior333 Hey everyone! Here's a longer installment to make up for me being two additional days late ^^ The plot thickens with the second of the mysterious notes, and we get some sweet bonding with Be and Vice. Aren't they cute together? I still need to make Be find the whole armor stuff. I'm kind of waiting til she's RTB and thus grown, I just put it on so I don't forget. So yeah, as always, tell me what you think! I was very happy seeing the response with the last installation, because I like talking to you guys! [s]And Pinkerlocke senpai noticed me haha[/s]. I'll see you when I see you! Until next time! Ah, one thing actually. You may have noticed a change in the day thing. Do you want it to be Day 13-14 next with a post 6? Or a Day 6 with the actual day length in red next to it? Please tell me so I can adjust accordingly!
]Day 5(Days 8-12} - Things that go Bump in the Night
Chromodori Swimmer Crackled Scales
Sentence : 30-40 Coli battles
I have to apologize...it's been four days. For the life of me, I can't find where i jotted down the other two items I got. They were mats, but I can't find it.

"Well they were stupid!" Came the angered cry of a very upset and close to tears Spiral.
Wisteria sighed as she pounded together a salve that would heal up the injuries that he had gotten that day.
"Seriously! They're rats with wings and snake tails! It's nothing but a load of bul-"

"Vice! Language please!" The Snapper hissed under her breath. Once Vice saw the white goop, he tried to slink away from the approaching dragon.

"Oh no, you're NOT putting that clay on me!"

"It's not clay, it's a salve. It's to make sure you don't die. They could have lockjaw on their claws. We're close enough to the Plague border that we can't be carefree. Unless your eyes are suddenly red now, Vice..." She tried once again to smear the paste onto his cuts. A bestial cry came from his throat as she did. His body jerked away from her.

"That hurts! I'll be fine without it!"

"Not even Buttercup fought this much, you big baby!" Wisteria pounded her forefoot on the ground, not noticing the mentioned Guardian slowly coming up behind her. Buttercup wearily sighed upon seeing the issue between her two friends.

It had been her fault - The reason Vice was in pain right now. She had seen the sleeping...what had he called it? A Cockatiel? No, It was more like a Cockathrice, or Cockasomething. Either way, she thought it was the perfect thing for her dinner tonight. The bones, she had said, would be perfect for Wisteria's garden(Not that either would admit it was little more than just a few weeds she had put together) as bone meal.

Slowly, the two crept up and tried to go for the kill. They hadn't expected to both miss the target and stumble into an entire nest. With many angry and protective giant birds, they were lucky to get out as they were. Vice ended up taking more of the hits for her. Both his quick thinking to protect her and his....rather likened appearance to an earth worm, maybe the birds were hungry.

'Still, it was a Guardian's job to protect their charge, not the other way around!'. A pang struck her heart as she thought over what she had thought. Had she really just refer to him as her charge? As in the one and only thing a Guardian was suppose to live for? No...No.... Not him. She was too young yet.

With that in mind, Buttercup closed the few feet between them, striding up to the Spiral and pushing her head underneath his in an affectionate(and one could say...almost intimate) manner. Instantly, Vice began to stutter as his scales flushed redder in color.

"O-Oh? Be.....U-uh, if I could as-ask...W- AAARGGH!" Wisteria smiled to him as she pressed the salve onto his open wounds. Buttercup purred lightly, pressing a bit harder and effectively pinning him to the wall.

"Argh! You-You Traitors! Be!!! I trusted you! Owww!" Red scales writhed in light agony as Wisteria finally finished applying the salve and in her terms, preventing him from dying.

"Could you hold him a bit longer, Be? I just need to wrap these up a bit."

"Of course Wissi! I could stay here ALL day~"

Eyes darted quickly under their lids until finally fear forced them open. Vice jolted up, before whimpering as quietly as he could. It seemed like moving was his enemy once more. He could recall not too long ago, it was his now forever bent tail that caused him such pain.

His large, pink eyes scanned the den. It was already four times bigger than it started out. The Moon was nearly full now, illuminating the entrance to their home. Naturally, he found himself looking towards the light.
With his mind now almost completely awake due to adrenaline, he figured the most logical thing to do was to slow his breathing and think about what it was that frightened him so.

Vice could find nothing but unfathomable darkness replacing the vivid images he was sure he had seen. His nose crinkled as tears welled in his eyes.

'Just another response....It's nothing more than that....' He tried to believe himself.

"....Vice?" A familiar voice whispered from the darkness. Too weary to let the tears do anything other than fall, he turned away from the moonlit doorway, just barely focusing on the shape of a now semi alert Buttercup in the darkness.

"It's fine, Be...Go back to sleep." He barely choked out those simple words without his voice shaking. This was illogical. He shouldn't be reacting this way over a stupid dream. A dream he couldn't even remember.
Slowly, Buttercup picked herself up from the floor and tip toed around Wisteria. She recalled something about Snappers never sleeping. Instead, Wisteria brought herself into a deep enough meditated state that mimicked sleep and refreshed her mind in the same way.
Gently, She led him outside into the moonlit night.

"I'm sorry for waking you, Be" Vice sighed, staring at the pale ground. The chill of the nearing December* nipped lightly at both dragons, and upon seeing a slight shiver in the Spiral's form, caused the Guardian to press against him once more and wrap her shredded wing around him.

"Did you dream?" Her voice came out as soft and timid. It did not cover the tone of concern though.

"Something like it." He felt weak, always having to rely on girls' support. He couldn't help but feel a bitter taste of humiliation in his mouth.

"Did you have a night terror?" She turned to look at him softly, her good eye gazing upon his.

"I think so."

"Want to talk about it?"

"I...I can't remember. And that's what's making me angry about it. I mean, I think there was fire...And...I think....A mom?"

"Your mom, perhaps?" He bit his tongue. Was he about to venture down this path right now? Did they have to have this cliche moonlit talk about how he couldn't remember his parents? He sighed, allowing his shoulders and wings to droop.

"I don't know. I can't....remember them. But don't tell anyone that! I don't mean to not know...I just can't remember. I don't even remember what I was doing in the Plaguelands anyways before Wissi found me. I was just laying there like an idiot, waiting to die....I have no purpose. I can't even protect either of you. You're the one who had to carry me back here..." She couldn't stand seeing him look so defeated, illuminated in the moon's glow. It seemed to only accent his sorrow.

"But Vice...You did protect me. If not for you, I'd be in your state, or worse....Really...I can't thank you enough....I'm a Guardian. It's my breed's purpose to find things to protect... This was just a failure today," She shook her head, feeling a few pops in her neck as it cracked from movement, "I will protect you. Both of you. I refuse to find solace with anything else. I'll be the strongest and no one will mess with you....A-and when that happens...We can find your parents, Hm?" She smiled lightly at him.

Upon not getting much more of a response other than a flick of his ears, she whipped around and returned into the den, shocking the Spiral. She was out again in a flash, book in her maw.

She placed it on the ground and flipped a few pages in, to where it started.
"Two Households, both alike in dignity. In Fair Verona, where we lay our......s-scene. From ancient grudge break to new mutiny, Where civil blood.....makes ci-vull hands unclean..."

Vice couldn't help but smile lightly as her voice tripped over the words. Buttercup couldn't read all that well, but she'd try the best she could if it would make him happy.

". . . Do with their death bury their parents' strife. The fe-fearful passage of their death-mark'd love, And the 'con-tin-you-ants' of their parents' rage, Which, but their children's end, nought could....remove.... Is now the two hours' traffic of our stage;
The which if you with patient ears attend....What here shall miss....Sh-Shall....miss...O-Ou-our toil shall strive to mend....!
" She smirked proudly as she met the end of the prolouge.

"What is this, Be?"

"R-Romeo and Juliet, by William Shakespearl....My parents use to read it to me all the time. I rather enjoy the story....and I thought maybe you'd like it too. It might put your mind at ease if you listen to the story, or a bit of it, it might help you a bit. To ease your mind."

"Thank you Be...." He smiled and curled up next to her as she continued to struggle with 'Act 1, Scene 1'.

Wisteria awoke in the morning to find her two friends missing, their sleeping spots long cold. She panicked as she turned to run out of the den, before seeing their sleeping forms before the doorway. The Snapper sighed, tip toeing over the two dragons, Vice resting against her shoulder comfortably, Buttercup sleeping on her book. Wisteria squinted her eyes, looking at the words on the page.

"....'Good heart, at what? At thy good heart's oppression'....Hm.. Interesting." Wisteria sighed and pulled at a blanket Vice had found in the possession of some beasts they had fought. It wasn't big enough for the both of them, but she dragged it over and laid it over them the best she could, the green cloth shimmering against the two, doing all it could to protect them from the rising cold, and keep their minds at ease and dreaming.

".......There was a battle over Mammon's tusk today. I only participated in the second half. I lost my eyes a moment there in battle, as if they had grown a mind not attached to mine. They flickered back and forth for an eternity before I could blink and regain control. I believe Justance once called that Nystagmus. It concerns me.
Meanwhile, I saw my target once more. Blood crystals have already begun to grow on his hide and I cannot recognize him in his now rotting eyes. If this truly is the work of a scorned god or wives tale, I wonder what could have angered it so to give us a fate worse than death...."

@Leopardmask @AnnaStar353 @Aliceclockwork @Belviere @AmmieKatt @KyloRen @Skyeset @ccdefoe2000 @lackingsanity @DragonWarrior333

Hey everyone! Here's a longer installment to make up for me being two additional days late ^^ The plot thickens with the second of the mysterious notes, and we get some sweet bonding with Be and Vice. Aren't they cute together?
I still need to make Be find the whole armor stuff. I'm kind of waiting til she's RTB and thus grown, I just put it on so I don't forget. So yeah, as always, tell me what you think! I was very happy seeing the response with the last installation, because I like talking to you guys! And Pinkerlocke senpai noticed me haha. I'll see you when I see you! Until next time!

Ah, one thing actually. You may have noticed a change in the day thing. Do you want it to be Day 13-14 next with a post 6? Or a Day 6 with the actual day length in red next to it? Please tell me so I can adjust accordingly!
Hello
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17