Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Lore] Coral Reef Clan
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
Choose Your Own Adventure

Welcome to the Great Coral Reef. If you would like to take a tour of the reef, you can meet up with SandCastle, who is our clan's Visitor's Guide. She will help get you started on a self guided tour.

Each tour will not introduce you to all the dragons living here, that would take you forever to get through. So I have included only a few dragons in each storyline. If you would like to meet more dragons, you will need to take multiple tours and choose different pathways.

The posts below this, are parts of CYOA storylines. DO NOT read them or it will spoil your tour. When you begin your tour, some of the choices you pick may lead you to some of these posts to continue your storyline.

Some storylines will be uneventful and others may put you in danger, the choice is up to you. Hopefully, you'll make it to the Welcome Party on the Beach. When you have completed your tour, you can PM me an account of your adventure* for a goody bag to take home. Have fun! I hope you enjoy your tour. =D

* What I mean is, don't just send a list of who you met. Tell me what you did on your tour so I can customize a goody bag for you. =D

Click Here to Begin Your Tour

• Credit to Amariel for the idea of a lair CYOA.

Just know that not all storylines are completed yet. =D Thank you for your patience.

* SPOILERS BELOW*

Welcome to the Great Coral Reef. If you would like to take a tour of the reef, you can meet up with SandCastle, who is our clan's Visitor's Guide. She will help get you started on a self guided tour.

Each tour will not introduce you to all the dragons living here, that would take you forever to get through. So I have included only a few dragons in each storyline. If you would like to meet more dragons, you will need to take multiple tours and choose different pathways.

The posts below this, are parts of CYOA storylines. DO NOT read them or it will spoil your tour. When you begin your tour, some of the choices you pick may lead you to some of these posts to continue your storyline.

Some storylines will be uneventful and others may put you in danger, the choice is up to you. Hopefully, you'll make it to the Welcome Party on the Beach. When you have completed your tour, you can PM me an account of your adventure* for a goody bag to take home. Have fun! I hope you enjoy your tour. =D

* What I mean is, don't just send a list of who you met. Tell me what you did on your tour so I can customize a goody bag for you. =D

Click Here to Begin Your Tour

• Credit to Amariel for the idea of a lair CYOA.

Just know that not all storylines are completed yet. =D Thank you for your patience.

* SPOILERS BELOW*

63776550.png94501001.png87809713.png.png
[center][font=papyrus][color=#00008B][size=7][b]Ignore the Coatl[/b][/size][/color][/font][/center] [center][color=#2196F3][b]___________________________________________________________[/b][/color] [color=#0040BF][b]______________________________________________________________________[/b][/color][/center] [b]You decide to ignore the coatls warning about a storm coming and continue exploring the island. Before long, you notice that the air has changed. The soft, warm breeze has become a stronger, cooler wind. The sky begins to get darker as the clouds build. Then you see a flash of light. Boom! The thunder makes you jump. Rain begins to fall. Why didn't you listen to that coatl? You have no idea where you are or where you might find shelter. The path you are on seems to be rising. Its taking you up the side of the mountain. You are getting wetter and wetter as the path takes you higher and higher. Just as you are thinking of turning back, the trees thin and the path veers into the side of the mountain and you find yourself in a small cave. The wind is flinging the rain into the opening and you are still getting drenched. As you push yourself farther back into the cave and your eyes adjust, you realize there is a tunnel leading further into the mountain. You enter the tunnel and very quickly, it branches into two paths. One tunnel is lit with glowing crystals along the edges of the floor and glow mushrooms that have been planted in a ledge that runs the length of the tunnel as far as you can see. The other tunnel has a bit of rope across the entrance and is dark. There is a sign hanging from the rope that says "Keep Out". But it would be easy to pick some glow mushrooms and slip under the rope if you wanted to explore the dark tunnel. [/b] [columns][center][url=][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/3393.png[/img] [b]Lighted Tunnel[/b][/url] I already disregarded directions once since I've been visiting the reef and got caught in that storm. Maybe I should listen to the unspoken directions this time and just explore the lighted tunnel.[/center][nextcol][color=transparent]• • •[nextcol][center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1569151/8#post_31843317][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/food/173.png[/img] [b]Dark Tunnel[/b][/url] I am super curious about what might be down the dark tunnel. I am not scared by a "Keep Out" sign. I think I'll pick some of those glow mushrooms and explore the dark tunnel.[/center][/columns] [center][color=#0040BF][b]______________________________________________________________________[/b][/color] [color=#2196F3][b]___________________________________________________________[/b][/color][/center] [center][color=#0040BF][b]______________________________________________________________________[/b][/color] [color=#2196F3][b]___________________________________________________________[/b][/color][/center]
Ignore the Coatl

You decide to ignore the coatls warning about a storm coming and continue exploring the island. Before long, you notice that the air has changed. The soft, warm breeze has become a stronger, cooler wind. The sky begins to get darker as the clouds build. Then you see a flash of light. Boom! The thunder makes you jump. Rain begins to fall.

Why didn't you listen to that coatl? You have no idea where you are or where you might find shelter. The path you are on seems to be rising. Its taking you up the side of the mountain. You are getting wetter and wetter as the path takes you higher and higher. Just as you are thinking of turning back, the trees thin and the path veers into the side of the mountain and you find yourself in a small cave. The wind is flinging the rain into the opening and you are still getting drenched. As you push yourself farther back into the cave and your eyes adjust, you realize there is a tunnel leading further into the mountain.

You enter the tunnel and very quickly, it branches into two paths. One tunnel is lit with glowing crystals along the edges of the floor and glow mushrooms that have been planted in a ledge that runs the length of the tunnel as far as you can see. The other tunnel has a bit of rope across the entrance and is dark. There is a sign hanging from the rope that says "Keep Out". But it would be easy to pick some glow mushrooms and slip under the rope if you wanted to explore the dark tunnel.

[url=]3393.png
Lighted Tunnel[/url]
I already disregarded directions once since I've been visiting the reef and got caught in that storm. Maybe I should listen to the unspoken directions this time and just explore the lighted tunnel.
• • •
173.png
Dark Tunnel

I am super curious about what might be down the dark tunnel. I am not scared by a "Keep Out" sign. I think I'll pick some of those glow mushrooms and explore the dark tunnel.

Bee hives

You begin to step towards the bee hives to get a better look at them, but your claw catches on a tree root and you go sprawling forward *CRASH* right into one of the hives!

Fortunately, that particular hive was empty, but you did knock your head quite hard, hard enough to knock yourself out. You have no idea how long you've been unconscious.

You begin to step towards the bee hives to get a better look at them, but your claw catches on a tree root and you go sprawling forward *CRASH* right into one of the hives!

Fortunately, that particular hive was empty, but you did knock your head quite hard, hard enough to knock yourself out. You have no idea how long you've been unconscious.

[center][font=papyrus][color=#00008B][size=7][b]The Library[/b][/size][/color][/font][/center] [center][color=#2196F3][b]___________________________________________________________[/b][/color] [color=#0040BF][b]______________________________________________________________________[/b][/color][/center] [b]To reach the Library, we must go to the underwater parts of the reef. You will need to go to the Adaptation Station first and get outfitted properly by Galapagos.[/b] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/52994/5299365.png[/img][/center] [center][b]Welcome to the Adaptation Station. Here we will outfit you with your very own Deepsea bulb. This will allow you to breathe underwater just as if you were on land. They are each handmade by our inventor, Typhoon. The technology is a secret to all but a very few. But don't worry, its completely reliable. After a few minutes, you will forget you are even wearing it.[/b][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=11793&tab=dragon&did=18074256][img]http://i.imgur.com/MKVzSoF.png[/img] [b]Library[/b][/url] After being fitted for a deepsea bulb, Pipeline takes you underwater and guides you to the library before continuing on by himself to the storerooms.[/center] [center][color=#0040BF][b]______________________________________________________________________[/b][/color] [color=#2196F3][b]___________________________________________________________[/b][/color][/center] [center][color=#0040BF][b]______________________________________________________________________[/b][/color] [color=#2196F3][b]___________________________________________________________[/b][/color][/center]
The Library

To reach the Library, we must go to the underwater parts of the reef. You will need to go to the Adaptation Station first and get outfitted properly by Galapagos.

5299365.png
Welcome to the Adaptation Station. Here we will outfit you with your very own Deepsea bulb. This will allow you to breathe underwater just as if you were on land. They are each handmade by our inventor, Typhoon. The technology is a secret to all but a very few. But don't worry, its completely reliable. After a few minutes, you will forget you are even wearing it.

MKVzSoF.png
Library

After being fitted for a deepsea bulb, Pipeline takes you underwater and guides you to the library before continuing on by himself to the storerooms.

[center][font=papyrus][color=#00008B][size=7][b]Flotsam and Jetsam[/b][/size][/color][/font][/center] [center][color=#2196F3][b]___________________________________________________________[/b][/color] [color=#0040BF][b]______________________________________________________________________[/b][/color][/center] [b]You arrive at the main storeroom and stare around in amazement. There is a constant stream of dragons bringing in all sorts of items. Pipeline points towards 2 massive Imperials and tells you they are Flotsam and Jetsam, the brothers who are the hoard supervisors. Flotsam seems to be very organized. He is cataloging each item as it comes in and directs the dragons to place the items in piles designated for specific destinations. Jetsam however, is not so organized. He is having the dragons just dump what they brought in a pile on the floor and he is flinging items over into Flotsam's neatly stack piles, occasionally causing some piles to topple over. [/b] [columns][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5030833] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/50309/5030833.png[/img] [b]Flotsam[/b][/url] Do you get in line to deliver your items to the organized Flotsam?[/center] [nextcol][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5810652] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/58107/5810652.png[/img] [b]Jetsam[/b][/url] Or do you get in line to deliver your items to the disorganized Jetsam?[/center][/columns] [center][color=#0040BF][b]______________________________________________________________________[/b][/color] [color=#2196F3][b]___________________________________________________________[/b][/color][/center] [center][color=#0040BF][b]______________________________________________________________________[/b][/color] [color=#2196F3][b]___________________________________________________________[/b][/color][/center]
Flotsam and Jetsam

You arrive at the main storeroom and stare around in amazement. There is a constant stream of dragons bringing in all sorts of items. Pipeline points towards 2 massive Imperials and tells you they are Flotsam and Jetsam, the brothers who are the hoard supervisors.

Flotsam seems to be very organized. He is cataloging each item as it comes in and directs the dragons to place the items in piles designated for specific destinations. Jetsam however, is not so organized. He is having the dragons just dump what they brought in a pile on the floor and he is flinging items over into Flotsam's neatly stack piles, occasionally causing some piles to topple over.

5030833.png
Flotsam

Do you get in line to deliver your items to the organized Flotsam?

5810652.png
Jetsam

Or do you get in line to deliver your items to the disorganized Jetsam?

[center][font=papyrus][color=#00008B][size=7][b]The Storerooms[/b][/size][/color][/font][/center] [center][color=#2196F3][b]___________________________________________________________[/b][/color] [color=#0040BF][b]______________________________________________________________________[/b][/color][/center] [b]If you are going to the underwater parts of the reef, you need to go to the Adaptation Station first and get outfitted properly by Galapagos.[/b] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/52994/5299365.png[/img][/center] [center][b]Welcome to the Adaptation Station. Here we will outfit you with your very own Deepsea bulb. This will allow you to breathe underwater just as if you were on land. They are each handmade by our inventor, Typhoon. The technology is a secret to all but a very few. But don't worry, its completely reliable. After a few minutes, you will forget you are even wearing it.[/b][/center] [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1569151/2#post_27054290][img]http://i.imgur.com/jCclWlx.png[/img] [b]Storeroom[/b][/url] After being fitted for a deepsea build, Pipeline takes you underwater to drop off all the beach debris at the clans main storeroom.[/center] [center][color=#0040BF][b]______________________________________________________________________[/b][/color] [color=#2196F3][b]___________________________________________________________[/b][/color][/center] [center][color=#0040BF][b]______________________________________________________________________[/b][/color] [color=#2196F3][b]___________________________________________________________[/b][/color][/center]
The Storerooms

If you are going to the underwater parts of the reef, you need to go to the Adaptation Station first and get outfitted properly by Galapagos.

5299365.png
Welcome to the Adaptation Station. Here we will outfit you with your very own Deepsea bulb. This will allow you to breathe underwater just as if you were on land. They are each handmade by our inventor, Typhoon. The technology is a secret to all but a very few. But don't worry, its completely reliable. After a few minutes, you will forget you are even wearing it.

jCclWlx.png

Storeroom

After being fitted for a deepsea build, Pipeline takes you underwater to drop off all the beach debris at the clans main storeroom.

[center][font=papyrus][color=#00008B][size=7][b]The Shallows[/b][/size][/color][/font][/center] [center][color=#2196F3][b]___________________________________________________________[/b][/color] [color=#0040BF][b]______________________________________________________________________[/b][/color] [b]The Shallows is a very busy and vibrant area. We care for all the nests and hatchlings in the Shallows. Plus, all the unattached familiars. There are even farms tucked in among the coral. And of course, there is the coral reef itself, which is a beautiful sight to see. Where would you like to visit?[/b] [columns][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=11793&tab=dragon&did=28361678] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/581.png[/img] [b]Hatchery[/b][/url] I would like to see the Hatchery. Nests and eggs underwater? How does that work?[/center][nextcol][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=11793&did=8489166] [img]https://i.imgur.com/RUnRO55.png[/img] [b]Critters[/b][/url] I am fond of my familiar, so I would like to see how you care for them underwater.[/center][nextcol][center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=11793&tab=dragon&did=8842595] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/food/20114.png[/img] [b]Farms[/b][/url] What can you farm under the water? That's something I'd like to see.[/center][nextcol][center][url=] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/water_1.png[/img] [b]Coral Reef[/b][/url] I've heard the reef is amazing. I would like to check it out more closely.[/center][/columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=11793&tab=dragon&did=19432437]~ Return to the beginning of the CYOA ~[/url] [color=#0040BF][b]______________________________________________________________________[/b][/color] [color=#2196F3][b]___________________________________________________________[/b][/color][/center] [center][color=#0040BF][b]______________________________________________________________________[/b][/color] [color=#2196F3][b]___________________________________________________________[/b][/color][/center]
The Shallows

The Shallows is a very busy and vibrant area. We care for all the nests and hatchlings in the Shallows. Plus, all the unattached familiars. There are even farms tucked in among the coral. And of course, there is the coral reef itself, which is a beautiful sight to see.

Where would you like to visit?

581.png
Hatchery

I would like to see the Hatchery. Nests and eggs underwater? How does that work?

RUnRO55.png
Critters

I am fond of my familiar, so I would like to see how you care for them underwater.

20114.png
Farms

What can you farm under the water? That's something I'd like to see.
[url=]
water_1.png
Coral Reef[/url]
I've heard the reef is amazing. I would like to check it out more closely.

~ Return to the beginning of the CYOA ~

The Sandbar Crossing

[center][font=papyrus][color=#00008B][size=7][b]Small Game Hunting[/b][/size][/color][/font][/center] [center][color=#2196F3][b]___________________________________________________________[/b][/color] [color=#0040BF][b]______________________________________________________________________[/b][/color][/center] [center][b]You begin running with Tidestone down the sandy beach. As you run, Tidestone explains to you that the hunting grounds are two islands over from the main island. You will follow the beach to a sandbar crossing to the next island. That island is one of the smaller islands and is kept as a bird sanctuary. You will stay on the beach there as well, and run around to the other side where there is a boat kept for traversing the deeper, wider crossing that keeps the predators from crossing to the bird island. When you reach the hunting grounds Tidestone says it will be better if you split up to hunt. You can hunt on the lagoon side of the island or you can take the oceanside of the island. [/b][/center] [columns][center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1569151/6#post_28046683][img]http://i.imgur.com/qc55QwX.png[/img] [b]Lagoon Side[/b][/url] I would like to stay on the inside of the island and hunt the lagoon side.[/center][nextcol][center][url=][img]http://i.imgur.com/qc55QwX.png[/img] [b]Ocean Side[/b][/url] I would like to see the outside of the island and hunt the ocean side of the island.[/center][/columns] [center][color=#0040BF][b]______________________________________________________________________[/b][/color] [color=#2196F3][b]___________________________________________________________[/b][/color][/center] [center][color=#0040BF][b]______________________________________________________________________[/b][/color] [color=#2196F3][b]___________________________________________________________[/b][/color][/center]
Small Game Hunting

You begin running with Tidestone down the sandy beach. As you run, Tidestone explains to you that the hunting grounds are two islands over from the main island. You will follow the beach to a sandbar crossing to the next island. That island is one of the smaller islands and is kept as a bird sanctuary. You will stay on the beach there as well, and run around to the other side where there is a boat kept for traversing the deeper, wider crossing that keeps the predators from crossing to the bird island.

When you reach the hunting grounds Tidestone says it will be better if you split up to hunt. You can hunt on the lagoon side of the island or you can take the oceanside of the island.

qc55QwX.png
Lagoon Side

I would like to stay on the inside of the island and hunt the lagoon side.
[url=]qc55QwX.png
Ocean Side[/url]
I would like to see the outside of the island and hunt the ocean side of the island.

[center][font=papyrus][color=#00008B][size=7][b]Ship Captain's Letter[/b][/size][/color][/font][/center] [center][color=#2196F3][b]___________________________________________________________[/b][/color] [color=#0040BF][b]______________________________________________________________________[/b][/color][/center] [center][b](After waiting for what seems like hours, TropicalReef finally lifts her head up and grins at you.) This is an extraordinary find! This is a letter written by a sea captain that tells of a ship, carrying much treasure, that sank in the Sea of a Thousand Currents, many, many moons ago. Its style of writing is a little flowery, but it has a description of where the ship sank. It is possible that the shipwreck could be discovered using these directions, if it is still there, of course.[/b] [columns][center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1569151/3#post_27213262][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/22254.png[/img] [b]Treasure[/b][/url] Sunken Treasure?!? We should try to find it! Think of all that treasure![/center][nextcol][center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1569151/4#post_27473420][img]http://orig14.deviantart.net/e326/f/2017/176/2/6/shipghost_by_fkdemetri-dbdzkos.png[/img] [b]Shipwreck[/b][/url] A Sunken Ship?!? We should try to find it! Think of the history we might learn.[/center][nextcol][center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1569151/3#post_27214166][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/equipment/832.png[/img] [b]Don't waste your time[/b][/url] Sunken Treasure, sunken ships?!? I'm sure that would end up just being a waste of time. Who knows if its still there.[/center][/columns][/center] [center][color=#0040BF][b]______________________________________________________________________[/b][/color] [color=#2196F3][b]___________________________________________________________[/b][/color][/center] Ship icon by frostkingdemetri [center][color=#0040BF][b]______________________________________________________________________[/b][/color] [color=#2196F3][b]___________________________________________________________[/b][/color][/center]
Ship Captain's Letter

(After waiting for what seems like hours, TropicalReef finally lifts her head up and grins at you.)

This is an extraordinary find! This is a letter written by a sea captain that tells of a ship, carrying much treasure, that sank in the Sea of a Thousand Currents, many, many moons ago. Its style of writing is a little flowery, but it has a description of where the ship sank. It is possible that the shipwreck could be discovered using these directions, if it is still there, of course.

22254.png
Treasure

Sunken Treasure?!?
We should try to find it! Think of all that treasure!
shipghost_by_fkdemetri-dbdzkos.png
Shipwreck

A Sunken Ship?!?
We should try to find it! Think of the history we might learn.
832.png
Don't waste your time

Sunken Treasure, sunken ships?!?
I'm sure that would end up just being a waste of time. Who knows if its still there.

Ship icon by frostkingdemetri
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11