Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | RP Event/Raffle NPC Auditions! (ART!)
1 2 3 4 5
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/1465832][img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/8055bcf175d6d6eb25dc6b20df806013/tumblr_npy00tNKMg1tdcl4po4_r2_500.png[/img][/url] So this might seem kind of odd, I don't know? But I'm hosting an [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/1456896/1]RP-coliseum raffle[/url] [s]that starts in about 1 week[/s] and I am looking for some dragons to play NPC roles. I do not wish to purchase or borrow these dragons, I just want to use them narratively. They would remain in your lair, though I may ask you to add something to their bio. There are a few roles I have in mind at the moment, though there will likely be more. If you don't see something that fits one of your dragons right now, let me know if you'd like to be on a pinglist for future "auditions." NEW ROLES WILL BE ADDED TO THE BOTTOM. [indent]1. A village elder/leader. I know in Sornieth most dragon living arrangements are centered around Lairs, but if there's anyone out there whose "lair" is run like a village, that is what I need. Preference would go to a nature or earth clan. A light clan with lore around the Hewn City would also be pretty cool (so possibility for two different dragons/roles I could use) 2. A blacksmith. I need this very badly! A fire dragon with Metallurgist's Forgetools are basically a requirement. [s]3. A mystic or... medium-type. Someone in touch with elemental spirits, kind of a loner. [/s] Filled! [s]4. A traveling merchant.[/s] Filled! [s]5. A critter collector. That is to say, someone who tries to attract cute things with food for the purpose of having a ton of them around to aww at, cuddle, [s]torture[/s], etc. [/s] 6. An apothecary/botanist/healer-type. CLARIFICATION: I'm not looking for a magic-using healer but like traditional medicine / first aid type. 7. A scientist/researcher type (esp. biologist, environmental chemist, or epidemiologist) [/indent] Okay, now what you get. If I pick your dragon to use, I will be doing colored art of them for use in my story/raffle. It will likely just be a headshot, but there's a possibility of more depending on the character. Examples: [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/b7f44915df9d98a1301333304f46c4f8/tumblr_nq3vxpqAwW1tdcl4po1_540.png[/img][/center] [img]https://41.media.tumblr.com/f6c5762c51dcbb78053cf9405782d749/tumblr_nq54a9K9vT1tdcl4po2_r1_500.png[/img] In addition, of you help write/develop their quest, you can earn up to 10 tickets in the raffle (purchased tickets will cost 3 gems or 2k Tr). That's all I've got right now :x [quote=Audition pinglist] @obscuresoul [/quote]
tumblr_npy00tNKMg1tdcl4po4_r2_500.png

So this might seem kind of odd, I don't know? But I'm hosting an RP-coliseum raffle that starts in about 1 week and I am looking for some dragons to play NPC roles. I do not wish to purchase or borrow these dragons, I just want to use them narratively. They would remain in your lair, though I may ask you to add something to their bio.

There are a few roles I have in mind at the moment, though there will likely be more. If you don't see something that fits one of your dragons right now, let me know if you'd like to be on a pinglist for future "auditions." NEW ROLES WILL BE ADDED TO THE BOTTOM.
1. A village elder/leader. I know in Sornieth most dragon living arrangements are centered around Lairs, but if there's anyone out there whose "lair" is run like a village, that is what I need. Preference would go to a nature or earth clan. A light clan with lore around the Hewn City would also be pretty cool (so possibility for two different dragons/roles I could use)

2. A blacksmith. I need this very badly! A fire dragon with Metallurgist's Forgetools are basically a requirement.

3. A mystic or... medium-type. Someone in touch with elemental spirits, kind of a loner. Filled!

4. A traveling merchant. Filled!

5. A critter collector. That is to say, someone who tries to attract cute things with food for the purpose of having a ton of them around to aww at, cuddle, torture, etc.

6. An apothecary/botanist/healer-type. CLARIFICATION: I'm not looking for a magic-using healer but like traditional medicine / first aid type.

7. A scientist/researcher type (esp. biologist, environmental chemist, or epidemiologist)

Okay, now what you get.

If I pick your dragon to use, I will be doing colored art of them for use in my story/raffle. It will likely just be a headshot, but there's a possibility of more depending on the character. Examples:

tumblr_nq3vxpqAwW1tdcl4po1_540.png[/center]

tumblr_nq54a9K9vT1tdcl4po2_r1_500.png

In addition, of you help write/develop their quest, you can earn up to 10 tickets in the raffle (purchased tickets will cost 3 gems or 2k Tr).

That's all I've got right now :x
Audition pinglist wrote:

Bump!
Bump!
@Sivi

I was wondering how many auditions can we have? (I don't wanna take one of these now if something better comes up later! Can you add me to the ping list anyway? c:

ETA: Posted in your raffle thread, too
@Sivi

I was wondering how many auditions can we have? (I don't wanna take one of these now if something better comes up later! Can you add me to the ping list anyway? c:

ETA: Posted in your raffle thread, too
Holocene || they/them || FR+8
pr7Tort.png
@obscuresoul

You may audition as much as you like, but I will only pick one dragon per person (unless no one else is interested or fits well, I suppose!)
@obscuresoul

You may audition as much as you like, but I will only pick one dragon per person (unless no one else is interested or fits well, I suppose!)
@Sivi Great! (I'd only expected the possibility of one being picked, but I wouldn't want to put all my eggs in one basket if something fit my dragons better, y'know?) [quote] Clan Candescence is a large clan of dragons beneath the Blacksand Annex and the Great Furnace. The clan is governed by the elected Council of Elders, and led by Patriarch Inigo. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1070463] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/10705/1070463_350.png[/img] [/url] Inigo is the most respected dragon in the clan. It is for this reason, and this reason alone that he remains leader of Candescence. Talk of mutiny would never dare be uttered for fear he would strike you down almost instantly. He is fierce when necessary; ruling with a firm but fair attitude. He does not hesitate to make the harsh decisions, and, in deference to his clan's wishes, consults his Council at every important juncture. For the good of the clan, however, he is always willing to make an executive decision. Many like him would be intimidating; far too intimidating to approach. But Inigo is always willing to hear the members of his clan. Once every lunar cycle, he holds court to hear the problems of every dragon in the clan should they wish to come to him, whatever rank they may hold. On the days of the new moon and the full moon, he holds open Council sessions, in which the workforce leaders attend the opening of the Council meeting to ask for more money/materials for their businesses. He gives advice when he thinks it is needed, and likewise takes advice when there is someone in the clan whose knowledge of the subject bests his. Inigo is a strategist, and is willing to admit there are many things he knows not about. Having spent much of his life travelling before he settled down with the clan, Inigo is supportive and eager to help young, restless wanderers. He offers them food and shelter, and the provision of any materials that might aid them on their travels.[/quote]
@Sivi

Great! (I'd only expected the possibility of one being picked, but I wouldn't want to put all my eggs in one basket if something fit my dragons better, y'know?)
Quote:
Clan Candescence is a large clan of dragons beneath the Blacksand Annex and the Great Furnace. The clan is governed by the elected Council of Elders, and led by Patriarch Inigo.

1070463_350.png

Inigo is the most respected dragon in the clan. It is for this reason, and this reason alone that he remains leader of Candescence. Talk of mutiny would never dare be uttered for fear he would strike you down almost instantly. He is fierce when necessary; ruling with a firm but fair attitude. He does not hesitate to make the harsh decisions, and, in deference to his clan's wishes, consults his Council at every important juncture. For the good of the clan, however, he is always willing to make an executive decision.

Many like him would be intimidating; far too intimidating to approach. But Inigo is always willing to hear the members of his clan. Once every lunar cycle, he holds court to hear the problems of every dragon in the clan should they wish to come to him, whatever rank they may hold. On the days of the new moon and the full moon, he holds open Council sessions, in which the workforce leaders attend the opening of the Council meeting to ask for more money/materials for their businesses.

He gives advice when he thinks it is needed, and likewise takes advice when there is someone in the clan whose knowledge of the subject bests his. Inigo is a strategist, and is willing to admit there are many things he knows not about.

Having spent much of his life travelling before he settled down with the clan, Inigo is supportive and eager to help young, restless wanderers. He offers them food and shelter, and the provision of any materials that might aid them on their travels.
Holocene || they/them || FR+8
pr7Tort.png
@sivi I have a mystic here! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=1587076] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/15871/1587076_350.png[/img] [/url] Taiboku is the shaman in a heavily spiritual clan. Her lair houses a variety of priests worshipping the elemental deities, but she is the only one who contacts the other spirits. She comes off as a little cold-hearted, but that's fine with her. It means fewer dragons disrupt her near-constant meditation. The only dragon she did not ignore is her apprentice, Asha, who is now the clan healer. Taiboku, as spacey as she seems, does play her role in the clan. If there seems to be a malicious spirit hanging about, she gets it out of the leader's scales. She was originally trained as a priestess, but the eleven deities bored her. She prefers the more realistic company of spirits.
@sivi I have a mystic here!

1587076_350.png

Taiboku is the shaman in a heavily spiritual clan. Her lair houses a variety of priests worshipping the elemental deities, but she is the only one who contacts the other spirits. She comes off as a little cold-hearted, but that's fine with her. It means fewer dragons disrupt her near-constant meditation. The only dragon she did not ignore is her apprentice, Asha, who is now the clan healer. Taiboku, as spacey as she seems, does play her role in the clan. If there seems to be a malicious spirit hanging about, she gets it out of the leader's scales. She was originally trained as a priestess, but the eleven deities bored her. She prefers the more realistic company of spirits.
tumblr_o23mwcXPEZ1u3wsjco6_250.png 4f4c01ec3fcd06d45834f28097a7fb2be50dc3cf.png dEo6ta2.png
nbZE1po.png
5iXiC8z.png
V7wUqxW.png
bYt72YT.png
jbMLSIO.png

nGKuPIQ.gif
@Sivi I have a blacksmith! And he's very reachable for story purposes, too, as long as you're thinking Ashfall Waste. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=4100122] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/41002/4100122_350.png[/img] [/url] Zaire does a lot more repairs than new creations these days because he's always on the go - he follows the Ashtalon Hunt, which is a big glob of mirrors that roam the Waste, mostly members of Fire clans that get the itch to go hunting so they join up with the pack for a while and then go home. Zaire repairs their gear. He gets to do blacksmith things with a proper forge when a larger clan grants the Hunt use of their land and facilities, which happens now and then. He's kind of a goober but hides it behind fae monotone and only talking about business ever.
@Sivi I have a blacksmith! And he's very reachable for story purposes, too, as long as you're thinking Ashfall Waste.

4100122_350.png

Zaire does a lot more repairs than new creations these days because he's always on the go - he follows the Ashtalon Hunt, which is a big glob of mirrors that roam the Waste, mostly members of Fire clans that get the itch to go hunting so they join up with the pack for a while and then go home. Zaire repairs their gear. He gets to do blacksmith things with a proper forge when a larger clan grants the Hunt use of their land and facilities, which happens now and then.

He's kind of a goober but hides it behind fae monotone and only talking about business ever.
iiJfkW7.pngHYKufkZ.png8H57y7U.png
Yay! Glad to see some more auditions ^_^

@obscuresoul 3 new roles have been added!
Yay! Glad to see some more auditions ^_^

@obscuresoul 3 new roles have been added!
@Sivi I have this boy who's the clan's witch doctor. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7926084] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/79261/7926084_350.png[/img] [/url] Toil was never very good at manual labor. Oh, he tried. He tried very hard. But he just wasnt good at it, and would often mess up or break something. Because of this he ended up getting thrown out of quite a few clans while growing up, leading him to be slow in trusting others, and even if he does trust someone, he still has his doubts and wonders if they think he shouldn't be there and that he's useless. When he was brought into his current clan, he was given more room to be himself and figure out what it was that he was good at. It took some time and many trials and errors before he figured it out though. He was out gathering food with his mate, Trouble, when they were attacked. She had gotten injured severely and without thinking he shot a bolt of magic at the assailant, knocking them out. He was instantly at her side trying to figure out what to do, when something in the back of his head took over. He went into autopilot, using powerful magic he didn't know he could use or even had to heal her. After this he started to refine his magic skills; reading up on all sorts of medical texts, both modern and more traditional methods. Now he's the clan healer and witch doctor, working his hardest to keep everyone as healthy as possible-- both mentally and physically. Between brewing potions, putting together bundles to be used as incense, and bandaging the little scrapes on a hatchling's knee, he knows that this is what he was always supposed to do, and he intends to do it right. He and his mate go out for supplies such as herbs and special plants regularly, so I'd assume it shouldn't be too hard for the protags to run into him. He's level 9 if that affects where they run into him. Also it would be likely that he'd be out there with his mate, so if you do pick him and are okay with it I could give a quick blurb about Trouble if you'd like. (She does have something in her bio if that's enough to go on though.)
@Sivi
I have this boy who's the clan's witch doctor.

7926084_350.png

Toil was never very good at manual labor. Oh, he tried. He tried very hard. But he just wasnt good at it, and would often mess up or break something. Because of this he ended up getting thrown out of quite a few clans while growing up, leading him to be slow in trusting others, and even if he does trust someone, he still has his doubts and wonders if they think he shouldn't be there and that he's useless.
When he was brought into his current clan, he was given more room to be himself and figure out what it was that he was good at. It took some time and many trials and errors before he figured it out though. He was out gathering food with his mate, Trouble, when they were attacked. She had gotten injured severely and without thinking he shot a bolt of magic at the assailant, knocking them out. He was instantly at her side trying to figure out what to do, when something in the back of his head took over. He went into autopilot, using powerful magic he didn't know he could use or even had to heal her. After this he started to refine his magic skills; reading up on all sorts of medical texts, both modern and more traditional methods.
Now he's the clan healer and witch doctor, working his hardest to keep everyone as healthy as possible-- both mentally and physically. Between brewing potions, putting together bundles to be used as incense, and bandaging the little scrapes on a hatchling's knee, he knows that this is what he was always supposed to do, and he intends to do it right.

He and his mate go out for supplies such as herbs and special plants regularly, so I'd assume it shouldn't be too hard for the protags to run into him. He's level 9 if that affects where they run into him. Also it would be likely that he'd be out there with his mate, so if you do pick him and are okay with it I could give a quick blurb about Trouble if you'd like. (She does have something in her bio if that's enough to go on though.)
@Sivi [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11842602] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/118427/11842602_350.png[/img] [/url] Montague is the Realm of the Corvidae's one and only Healer. Actually, he is more of the Healer-in-Training, except there are no other Healers around, so he has to get by learning on his own. As such, the coatl is prone to making the occasional mistake, but he is very skilled at what he does so this does not happen often. When it does, he is quick to remedy the situation. Living in the Southern Ice Field, finding natural remedies is quite hard, but he gets by and occasionally makes trades with old friends from the Water Flight to get what he needs. Though he tries to be friendly and gentle with his patients, Montague often gets frustrated with them due to their misunderstanding his directions, his being a coatl and his language being the main issues. The dragon is known to get quite strict and irritable in these situations, and others know that in these moments they'd better sit down and shut up. None dare to complain at the foul-tasting remedies he pours down their throats.
@Sivi

11842602_350.png

Montague is the Realm of the Corvidae's one and only Healer. Actually, he is more of the Healer-in-Training, except there are no other Healers around, so he has to get by learning on his own. As such, the coatl is prone to making the occasional mistake, but he is very skilled at what he does so this does not happen often. When it does, he is quick to remedy the situation. Living in the Southern Ice Field, finding natural remedies is quite hard, but he gets by and occasionally makes trades with old friends from the Water Flight to get what he needs.
Though he tries to be friendly and gentle with his patients, Montague often gets frustrated with them due to their misunderstanding his directions, his being a coatl and his language being the main issues. The dragon is known to get quite strict and irritable in these situations, and others know that in these moments they'd better sit down and shut up. None dare to complain at the foul-tasting remedies he pours down their throats.
1 2 3 4 5