Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Clan at Seeker's Bog---Abandoned
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[center][img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/brindlenewf/seekersbogheader.png[/img][/center] [s]Okay. Hey there!! I've decided to do a Nuzlocke myself. I wiped out a chunk of my lair to make room, but I am far, far too attached to my main clan to demolish them all so I'll segmenting my lair into parts. The Nuzlocke dragons will always start with [i][/s][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8701750]Roost[/url][/i]. [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8701750] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/87018/8701750_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [s]I guess some things to note, that while I will be following a lot of the rules from [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=frd&id=1150203&p=mb]the original[/url], I'll also be adding quite a few of my own. Since I didn't want to wipe out Clan Nocturne, I decided to section my lair. To start the Nuzlocke I wanted to begin with two Gen Ones, so I picked an adult dragon (so I could get started!) and then bought a Shadow egg off the AH. These two will be my starting dragons. [b]Notes:[/b] This clan is [i]completely[/i] separate from Clan Nocturne. However, it *is* set in the same 'world-building and headcanons' I’ve built for Nocturne, so those familiar with Nocturne’s lore might see some familiar things. [/s] [b]Backstory:[/b] Roost, a lone plague guardian out on his Search for his Charge, instead finds himself following a pair of seekers. He’s been having weird visions lately--an odd image pops into his head randomly and then a few minutes later he'll wander past it. At first he thought it was his mind playing tricks on him, now he's beginning to wonder if the seekers have something to do with it. And when they lead him to a strange shadow egg--who just happens to have his Charge inside of it--well, he's beginning to think they might know things that he doesn't. [b]Pinglist:[/b] @sadey @Meridok @haikwoshevo @ocularoracle @Tiirran @ZephyrWindSpirit @Caeoltoiri @Digimon11 @Aitah @madmadsmadly
seekersbogheader.png

Okay. Hey there!! I've decided to do a Nuzlocke myself. I wiped out a chunk of my lair to make room, but I am far, far too attached to my main clan to demolish them all so I'll segmenting my lair into parts. The Nuzlocke dragons will always start with Roost.
I guess some things to note, that while I will be following a lot of the rules from the original, I'll also be adding quite a few of my own.

Since I didn't want to wipe out Clan Nocturne, I decided to section my lair. To start the Nuzlocke I wanted to begin with two Gen Ones, so I picked an adult dragon (so I could get started!) and then bought a Shadow egg off the AH. These two will be my starting dragons.

Notes: This clan is completely separate from Clan Nocturne. However, it *is* set in the same 'world-building and headcanons' I’ve built for Nocturne, so those familiar with Nocturne’s lore might see some familiar things.

Backstory: Roost, a lone plague guardian out on his Search for his Charge, instead finds himself following a pair of seekers. He’s been having weird visions lately--an odd image pops into his head randomly and then a few minutes later he'll wander past it. At first he thought it was his mind playing tricks on him, now he's beginning to wonder if the seekers have something to do with it. And when they lead him to a strange shadow egg--who just happens to have his Charge inside of it--well, he's beginning to think they might know things that he doesn't.

Pinglist: @sadey @Meridok @haikwoshevo @ocularoracle @Tiirran @ZephyrWindSpirit @Caeoltoiri @Digimon11 @Aitah @madmadsmadly

OVmZor1.png
Rules I’ll Be Playing By:

Obtaining Dragons:

1. Dragons can be obtained by eggs you buy, scavenge, or win in the Coliseum. Can only buy a dragon from the AH after you’ve leveled 3 dragons to level 25. Three new dragons have to be leveled to 25 for each additional one you wish to buy. (Dragons bought off the auction house preferably need to be gen ones…still deciding penalties for if I purchase non-gen one dragons...)

2. Can only BUY one egg a month. I can be gifted eggs, but they don't count toward Breed Change scrolls.

There is one exception to Rules 1 & 2 - Instead of buying an 'egg' for the month, a ungened first gen can be purchaseed (but it has to be less than half the cost of the egg from the AH--that way you can't be too picky with colors). These dragons do NOT count toward Breed Change scrolls.

3. On Gift dragons: At the moment I'm going to have a no gifts rules. Mainly to keep myself from getting overwhelmed dragon wise (especially since Seeker's Bog is the 'third' clan in my lair. xD I really, really hope this rule doesn't offend anyone. I cherish you all for reading and putting the thought into gifts.

Altering Dragon Appearance:

1. You can’t scatter scroll a dragon until they’ve reached level 25.

2. All gems used to purchase scatter scrolls must be earned by the Nuzlocke dragons (no sniping and reselling stuff to get gems for these otherwise this will be a money sink for me…) Genes and such can be earned through my normal activities, but scatter scrolls are a HUGE money sink for me. So I want to limit this as much as possible...

3. You can’t give a dragon a primary gene until level 10, can’t give them a secondary until level 15, and can’t give them a tertiary gene until level 20.

*Roost is a bit different. He was 10 when he started. So he can't receive a primary gene until level 15, a secondary until level 20, and his tertiary until 25.

4. BREED CHANGES: Dragons can change breeds in TWO ways. One, right after hatching before they enter the story. This is to keep confusion for readers down to a minimum. Secondly, a dragon can change breed later on...but it's limited to this rule: For every egg you find, whether in the coliseum or by scavenging, you may purchase one breed change for any dragon. There also has to be a plot element involved if its happening later in the dragon's life.

Coliseum Rules:

1. If a dragon faints in the coli, it’s dead. Exalt.

2. No reloading the coliseum. Must use flee button.

3. Once a dragon dies in the Coli, it cannot continue in this Nuzlocke. But I will be giving most of them away to readers. So if you're interested in a dragon that dies, please let me know.

Breeding/Nesting Rules:

1. For every hatchling from a nest, flip a coin. Heads it lives, tails it dies.

2. Nesting dragons cannot fight in the coliseum.

3. Dragons can only breed if they are reasonably sized to each other.

4. All adult Guardians must leave on the Search when they reach 2 months of age, unless their Charge is found within the clan(highly, highly unlikely). Most likely they will not return.

5. Once a nest is hatched, an adult caregiver must remain at the lair with the hatchlings--unable to help in the coliseum. IF for some reason the caregivers leave...a coin flip will decide whether or not an attack on the lair killed all of the hatchlings or left survivors. If survivors, a coin flip for each will determine which hatchlings lived and died.

Skipping the gathering food rule...not because I use gathering as my main source of food (I coli for food mostly), but because I have wayyyyy too much stocked that it’d be too difficult to figure it all out and I’m working on Swipp stuff.

--I'll be adjusting and adding rules as I go.

--My plan is to provide pictures/screen shots for story driving loot and so on. I also hope to add some art on occasion... So yes, this is essentially pics or it didn't happen, however...I'm human and sometimes miss that screenshot. So on those rare cases, yes I will be working on the honor system.
Rules I’ll Be Playing By:

Obtaining Dragons:

1. Dragons can be obtained by eggs you buy, scavenge, or win in the Coliseum. Can only buy a dragon from the AH after you’ve leveled 3 dragons to level 25. Three new dragons have to be leveled to 25 for each additional one you wish to buy. (Dragons bought off the auction house preferably need to be gen ones…still deciding penalties for if I purchase non-gen one dragons...)

2. Can only BUY one egg a month. I can be gifted eggs, but they don't count toward Breed Change scrolls.

There is one exception to Rules 1 & 2 - Instead of buying an 'egg' for the month, a ungened first gen can be purchaseed (but it has to be less than half the cost of the egg from the AH--that way you can't be too picky with colors). These dragons do NOT count toward Breed Change scrolls.

3. On Gift dragons: At the moment I'm going to have a no gifts rules. Mainly to keep myself from getting overwhelmed dragon wise (especially since Seeker's Bog is the 'third' clan in my lair. xD I really, really hope this rule doesn't offend anyone. I cherish you all for reading and putting the thought into gifts.

Altering Dragon Appearance:

1. You can’t scatter scroll a dragon until they’ve reached level 25.

2. All gems used to purchase scatter scrolls must be earned by the Nuzlocke dragons (no sniping and reselling stuff to get gems for these otherwise this will be a money sink for me…) Genes and such can be earned through my normal activities, but scatter scrolls are a HUGE money sink for me. So I want to limit this as much as possible...

3. You can’t give a dragon a primary gene until level 10, can’t give them a secondary until level 15, and can’t give them a tertiary gene until level 20.

*Roost is a bit different. He was 10 when he started. So he can't receive a primary gene until level 15, a secondary until level 20, and his tertiary until 25.

4. BREED CHANGES: Dragons can change breeds in TWO ways. One, right after hatching before they enter the story. This is to keep confusion for readers down to a minimum. Secondly, a dragon can change breed later on...but it's limited to this rule: For every egg you find, whether in the coliseum or by scavenging, you may purchase one breed change for any dragon. There also has to be a plot element involved if its happening later in the dragon's life.

Coliseum Rules:

1. If a dragon faints in the coli, it’s dead. Exalt.

2. No reloading the coliseum. Must use flee button.

3. Once a dragon dies in the Coli, it cannot continue in this Nuzlocke. But I will be giving most of them away to readers. So if you're interested in a dragon that dies, please let me know.

Breeding/Nesting Rules:

1. For every hatchling from a nest, flip a coin. Heads it lives, tails it dies.

2. Nesting dragons cannot fight in the coliseum.

3. Dragons can only breed if they are reasonably sized to each other.

4. All adult Guardians must leave on the Search when they reach 2 months of age, unless their Charge is found within the clan(highly, highly unlikely). Most likely they will not return.

5. Once a nest is hatched, an adult caregiver must remain at the lair with the hatchlings--unable to help in the coliseum. IF for some reason the caregivers leave...a coin flip will decide whether or not an attack on the lair killed all of the hatchlings or left survivors. If survivors, a coin flip for each will determine which hatchlings lived and died.

Skipping the gathering food rule...not because I use gathering as my main source of food (I coli for food mostly), but because I have wayyyyy too much stocked that it’d be too difficult to figure it all out and I’m working on Swipp stuff.

--I'll be adjusting and adding rules as I go.

--My plan is to provide pictures/screen shots for story driving loot and so on. I also hope to add some art on occasion... So yes, this is essentially pics or it didn't happen, however...I'm human and sometimes miss that screenshot. So on those rare cases, yes I will be working on the honor system.

OVmZor1.png

**More will be coming as I catch up and start reading others. ^_^

**More will be coming as I catch up and start reading others. ^_^

OVmZor1.png
[center][b]C H A R A C T E R S[/b][/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8701750][img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/brindlenewf/roostav.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][b]Roost[/b] - Founder of Seeker's Bog. Gruff, intimidating, Roost is a loner. He's never known clan life before. He hatched alone in the Wandering Contagion and scavenged for food as a young dragon. As an adult he began his search for his Charge, but was unsuccessful on his own. Then with the arrival of a pair of seekers he's found more than he bargained for... [/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12378338][img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/brindlenewf/muddav.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][b]Mudd[/b] - Found as an abandoned egg by Roost--thanks to his seeker 'friends'--the guardian immediately knew that the hatchling within would be his Charge. Upon hatching he uncermoniously named her Mudd, for the lack of any better ideas. She was born a tundra, though at times Roost could have sworn she was a mirror at heart--and he was right. One of the seekers brought Mudd a magic scroll when she was still a hatchling and it changed her into a mirror. According to the seeker: the egg got it wrong. She was always meant to be a mirror. She's driven and incredibly motivated. Fiercy protective of Roost and the rest of the clan. [/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12464095][img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/brindlenewf/flickerav_1.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][b]Flicker[/b] - Roost found Flicker hudded around a crimson emperor fawn. The little water dragon was absolutely terrified so he took them both home. Originally Mudd viewed her as weak, but Flicker has since started to show a strong knack for water magic. She is far stronger than she looks. (April Egg Purchase) [/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12504526][img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/brindlenewf/charrav.png[/img][/url] [nextcol][b]Charr[/b] - Roost and Mudd stumbled across a fire egg nearly extinguished. Taking it home, Flicker almost killed herself to keep it alive while they figured out a way to keep it warm. Charr's addition to the group though seems to have drawn everyone together. Her frailty as an egg helped Mudd see Flicker's strengths. Now, the three of them are almost inseparable. [/columns] ...and shhhhh I totally stole @Meridok's way of setting up the character list... xD
C H A R A C T E R S
roostav.png Roost - Founder of Seeker's Bog. Gruff, intimidating, Roost is a loner. He's never known clan life before. He hatched alone in the Wandering Contagion and scavenged for food as a young dragon. As an adult he began his search for his Charge, but was unsuccessful on his own. Then with the arrival of a pair of seekers he's found more than he bargained for...
muddav.png Mudd - Found as an abandoned egg by Roost--thanks to his seeker 'friends'--the guardian immediately knew that the hatchling within would be his Charge. Upon hatching he uncermoniously named her Mudd, for the lack of any better ideas. She was born a tundra, though at times Roost could have sworn she was a mirror at heart--and he was right. One of the seekers brought Mudd a magic scroll when she was still a hatchling and it changed her into a mirror. According to the seeker: the egg got it wrong. She was always meant to be a mirror. She's driven and incredibly motivated. Fiercy protective of Roost and the rest of the clan.
flickerav_1.png Flicker - Roost found Flicker hudded around a crimson emperor fawn. The little water dragon was absolutely terrified so he took them both home. Originally Mudd viewed her as weak, but Flicker has since started to show a strong knack for water magic. She is far stronger than she looks. (April Egg Purchase)
charrav.png Charr - Roost and Mudd stumbled across a fire egg nearly extinguished. Taking it home, Flicker almost killed herself to keep it alive while they figured out a way to keep it warm. Charr's addition to the group though seems to have drawn everyone together. Her frailty as an egg helped Mudd see Flicker's strengths. Now, the three of them are almost inseparable.
...and shhhhh I totally stole @Meridok's way of setting up the character list... xD

OVmZor1.png
[center][b]01: Rotten Birds[/b][/center] The Woods here stunk. Not that the constant smell of rot had been particularly lovely either, Roost had to admit. But as he made his way over the thick, gnarled tree roots in the Tangled Woods he decided this place had an all together different kind of stink. It smelled like wet rats. He snorted and glared up at the seekers that spiraled ahead of him. He was still following those cursed birds, but he just couldn’t shake the need to be close to them. They weren’t his charge like he’d originally thought, but... An image of a large duskrat leaning down to drink from the bog flashed through his mind and Roost stumbled. The large guardian flared his wings slightly to keep his balance but just as he righted himself he saw the exact same scene he’d imagined a second ago. A rat perched precariously on a log as it sipped from the murky water. Plaguemother’s Breath but he was losing his mind. If it had just been this once he’d have written it up as a trick on his eyes. He was in the Shadow domain after all. Except this had been happening for weeks. Seeing things he couldn’t possibly have and then stumbling across them seconds to minutes later... He scowled up at the seeker pair again. The strange eye-to-mind tricks had been happening since he’d stumbled across the birds. Neither of which were native to the Wandering Contagion and yet...they’d both just appeared one day. Perched on an imperial skeleton in front of him. Watching. Waiting. He’d felt like bloody carrion sitting in front of them, but there’d been an instant connection, and for a few days he’d believed at least one of them had to be his charge. He’d thought that finally his Search was over. He’d thought wrong. “Bloody fool is what I am,” Roost muttered, stumbling over another stump. Swamp water sloshed over his claws. “And yet, I’m still following you two like you have any idea of where you’re going.” The death seeker cawed at him. That one was always darker, its voice more ‘impending doom’ than anything else and Roost lifted his head to roar back when another image slammed into him. [i]A shadow egg floating in the mire, bobbing up and down in the slight current, trapped by the root of a tree. [/i] “Rot,” he cursed low under his breath and froze. He didn’t need an egg. He also couldn’t leave the thing to get soggy. “Soft is what you are, Roost,” he muttered and looked up at the birds, now perched in the tree watching him. “Lead the way you feathered boils.” There was another doomsday-caw out of the death seeker but they both burst out of the trees and deeper into the swamp. But this time they stayed lower, banking under the heavy branches so that Roost could keep them in sight easier. Especially with the eerie glow coming off the mushrooms. Whole place was eerie. Strange. Shadows swirled out of nowhere and places he’d been able to see a moment ago would just vanish. It didn’t explain why his brain was addled enough to be chasing birds, but at least it explained why he couldn’t see any better than a duskrat in the Sunbeam Ruins. Finally the birds swooped down, landing on a log, and Roost spotted the murky shadow egg floating along the swamp’s edge. Roost stared at the egg a long moment, doing his best to ignore the churning pull in his gut, but try as he might he couldn’t shake the sudden dawning that blossomed inside him. Rot it all, but whatever was in that egg was his Charge. “Caw-caw-caw-caw!” came from the seekers, their harsh voices sounding like malicious laughter in the darkness. “Disease take you both,” he muttered and scooped the small egg out with one paw. Looking around he found a hollowed out log to stuff the thing in, hoping that if he didn’t see it the need to protect the strange little egg would disappear. It didn’t. The seekers only seemed to smirk at him. Death, in particular, bobbed its head in the direction of the log and Roost suddenly had the distinct image of a sparrowmouse sitting on a nest pop into his head. “Not my egg,” he ground out, a growl rumbling through him, but even as he said it, he curled around the log, extending one wing over the opening to shield it from the elements. “Besides I’d crush it.” And despite the gruffness that coated his voice, there was no denying sinking feeling of certainty inside him. What would come from this egg found abandoned in the bog was the very thing he’d been looking for all along. His Search was finally complete. He supposed he could thank the Plaguebringer for that...or was that the Shadowbinder since it was in her domain he’d found it? Whoever was behind it, the thanks came with a loud growl. An egg was far more than he’d bargained for... [center][img]https://41.media.tumblr.com/f0c248d6136ecfd15b246b94ccc649cd/tumblr_inline_nmx0jwNYwB1se2xbw_540.png[/img][/center] @sadey
01: Rotten Birds

The Woods here stunk. Not that the constant smell of rot had been particularly lovely either, Roost had to admit. But as he made his way over the thick, gnarled tree roots in the Tangled Woods he decided this place had an all together different kind of stink. It smelled like wet rats. He snorted and glared up at the seekers that spiraled ahead of him.

He was still following those cursed birds, but he just couldn’t shake the need to be close to them. They weren’t his charge like he’d originally thought, but...

An image of a large duskrat leaning down to drink from the bog flashed through his mind and Roost stumbled. The large guardian flared his wings slightly to keep his balance but just as he righted himself he saw the exact same scene he’d imagined a second ago. A rat perched precariously on a log as it sipped from the murky water.

Plaguemother’s Breath but he was losing his mind. If it had just been this once he’d have written it up as a trick on his eyes. He was in the Shadow domain after all.

Except this had been happening for weeks. Seeing things he couldn’t possibly have and then stumbling across them seconds to minutes later...

He scowled up at the seeker pair again. The strange eye-to-mind tricks had been happening since he’d stumbled across the birds. Neither of which were native to the Wandering Contagion and yet...they’d both just appeared one day. Perched on an imperial skeleton in front of him. Watching. Waiting. He’d felt like bloody carrion sitting in front of them, but there’d been an instant connection, and for a few days he’d believed at least one of them had to be his charge. He’d thought that finally his Search was over.

He’d thought wrong. “Bloody fool is what I am,” Roost muttered, stumbling over another stump. Swamp water sloshed over his claws. “And yet, I’m still following you two like you have any idea of where you’re going.”

The death seeker cawed at him. That one was always darker, its voice more ‘impending doom’ than anything else and Roost lifted his head to roar back when another image slammed into him.

A shadow egg floating in the mire, bobbing up and down in the slight current, trapped by the root of a tree.

“Rot,” he cursed low under his breath and froze. He didn’t need an egg. He also couldn’t leave the thing to get soggy. “Soft is what you are, Roost,” he muttered and looked up at the birds, now perched in the tree watching him. “Lead the way you feathered boils.”

There was another doomsday-caw out of the death seeker but they both burst out of the trees and deeper into the swamp. But this time they stayed lower, banking under the heavy branches so that Roost could keep them in sight easier. Especially with the eerie glow coming off the mushrooms.

Whole place was eerie. Strange. Shadows swirled out of nowhere and places he’d been able to see a moment ago would just vanish. It didn’t explain why his brain was addled enough to be chasing birds, but at least it explained why he couldn’t see any better than a duskrat in the Sunbeam Ruins.

Finally the birds swooped down, landing on a log, and Roost spotted the murky shadow egg floating along the swamp’s edge. Roost stared at the egg a long moment, doing his best to ignore the churning pull in his gut, but try as he might he couldn’t shake the sudden dawning that blossomed inside him.

Rot it all, but whatever was in that egg was his Charge.

“Caw-caw-caw-caw!” came from the seekers, their harsh voices sounding like malicious laughter in the darkness.

“Disease take you both,” he muttered and scooped the small egg out with one paw. Looking around he found a hollowed out log to stuff the thing in, hoping that if he didn’t see it the need to protect the strange little egg would disappear.

It didn’t. The seekers only seemed to smirk at him. Death, in particular, bobbed its head in the direction of the log and Roost suddenly had the distinct image of a sparrowmouse sitting on a nest pop into his head.

“Not my egg,” he ground out, a growl rumbling through him, but even as he said it, he curled around the log, extending one wing over the opening to shield it from the elements. “Besides I’d crush it.”

And despite the gruffness that coated his voice, there was no denying sinking feeling of certainty inside him. What would come from this egg found abandoned in the bog was the very thing he’d been looking for all along. His Search was finally complete.

He supposed he could thank the Plaguebringer for that...or was that the Shadowbinder since it was in her domain he’d found it? Whoever was behind it, the thanks came with a loud growl. An egg was far more than he’d bargained for...

tumblr_inline_nmx0jwNYwB1se2xbw_540.png

@sadey

OVmZor1.png
[center][b]02: So Much Mudd[/b][/center] Thunk. Thunk. [i]THUNK. [/i] Roost jerked his head up, a duskrat tumbling off his nose, and he gave the log wedged under one of his paws a horrified look. Some rattled inside of it again. [i]Thunk. Diseased mother no[/i]. He glanced at the trees, but both seekers still slumbered, their beaks tucked under their wings. “Wake you,” he muttered and the blue eye on the storm seeker blinked open. Roost almost shuddered. Creepy things they were. Then he heard a sickening crack and his stomach dropped. He wasn’t ready for this. Not yet. Scrambling to get his feet under him his tail swept out and knocked the log spiraling toward the swamp. With a roar, he lunged to catch it only to see the egg go rolling out into the water. The commotion drew surprised squawks from his oh-so-helpful audience. Lumbering after the egg he noted a patch of orange fur sticking out of the shell and froze. Oh Gods. It was happening. And he couldn’t help but think he was the last dragon on Sornieth capable of raising a hatchling. The very last one. Which meant it wasn’t the Plaguebringer design that this was his charge at all. No deviousness like this had to be all Shadowbinder. Curse her. The egg shuddered again and another crack appeared. Rot it, but he shouldn’t leave it in the water. Scooping it out with his paw he set it on the grassy bank and watched. And waited. The egg wobbled and thrashed, the little thing inside obviously determined to break free, but she was darn slow about it. She. He winced and wished a plague upon the Shadowbinder herself. Not only did he have to figure out how to look after a hatchling but it had to be a female? Plague take him, but he wasn’t sure he had it in him! Tundra to from the looks of it. That only made things worse. He couldn’t remember much of anything about them, but staring down at the fur and he couldn’t help but groan. [i]Fur.[/i] That was it. They weren’t staying. She’d smell like wet tundra for her entire life if they stayed. Except. She was born here. A Shadow dragon through and through. And Roost, well, he didn’t have much longing to go back to scent of constant decay. Wet tundra or rotten...[i]everything[/i]. Neither option was appealing, but she deserved to know her homeland he decided. Stinky or not. He didn’t know how long he sat there as the little hatchling finally struggled her way free...and rolled straight into the mud. Brilliant purple eyes stared up at him and Roost gruffly found himself rooted to the spot. She was his to protect. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12378338] [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/brindlenewf/muddbeginninglook.png[/img] [/url] She mewled up at him and then rolled onto her back--brilliant orange and blur fur now coated in the thick, gray mud. Mud, mud, mud. That was all there was to her now and he sighed, struggling to think. [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/brindlenewf/mes.png[/img] “I suppose you want a name.” Names were something he’d never been good at. As far back as he could remember he’d been alone. Hungry in the beginning. That was his earliest memory. Hunger and the red, empty wasteland that was the Wandering Contagion. His second memory had been the carrion birds. Following them had always led to scraps of food and in return for sharing their meals, he’d let them roost on him. After all, even a young guardian was an imposing creature for most predators to come across and there weren’t that many trees in the Scarred Wasteland. So when he’d finally decided he needed a name, Roost was all there was to him. Mud sloshed over his claws and he grunt. There was so much mud. “Mud.” One of the seeker’s gave a disdainful cry but Roost ignored it and plucked the small tundra from the ground with one claw. “Mudd.” He repeated adding extra emphasis to the end. “Yes. At least until you’re grown enough to pick your own.” [center][img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y231/brindlenewf/hatch.png[/img][/center] @sadey
02: So Much Mudd

Thunk. Thunk. THUNK.

Roost jerked his head up, a duskrat tumbling off his nose, and he gave the log wedged under one of his paws a horrified look. Some rattled inside of it again. Thunk. Diseased mother no. He glanced at the trees, but both seekers still slumbered, their beaks tucked under their wings.

“Wake you,” he muttered and the blue eye on the storm seeker blinked open. Roost almost shuddered. Creepy things they were.

Then he heard a sickening crack and his stomach dropped. He wasn’t ready for this. Not yet. Scrambling to get his feet under him his tail swept out and knocked the log spiraling toward the swamp. With a roar, he lunged to catch it only to see the egg go rolling out into the water.

The commotion drew surprised squawks from his oh-so-helpful audience. Lumbering after the egg he noted a patch of orange fur sticking out of the shell and froze. Oh Gods. It was happening. And he couldn’t help but think he was the last dragon on Sornieth capable of raising a hatchling. The very last one.

Which meant it wasn’t the Plaguebringer design that this was his charge at all. No deviousness like this had to be all Shadowbinder. Curse her.

The egg shuddered again and another crack appeared. Rot it, but he shouldn’t leave it in the water. Scooping it out with his paw he set it on the grassy bank and watched. And waited. The egg wobbled and thrashed, the little thing inside obviously determined to break free, but she was darn slow about it.

She. He winced and wished a plague upon the Shadowbinder herself. Not only did he have to figure out how to look after a hatchling but it had to be a female? Plague take him, but he wasn’t sure he had it in him!

Tundra to from the looks of it. That only made things worse. He couldn’t remember much of anything about them, but staring down at the fur and he couldn’t help but groan. Fur. That was it. They weren’t staying. She’d smell like wet tundra for her entire life if they stayed.

Except. She was born here. A Shadow dragon through and through. And Roost, well, he didn’t have much longing to go back to scent of constant decay. Wet tundra or rotten...everything. Neither option was appealing, but she deserved to know her homeland he decided. Stinky or not.

He didn’t know how long he sat there as the little hatchling finally struggled her way free...and rolled straight into the mud. Brilliant purple eyes stared up at him and Roost gruffly found himself rooted to the spot. She was his to protect.

muddbeginninglook.png

She mewled up at him and then rolled onto her back--brilliant orange and blur fur now coated in the thick, gray mud. Mud, mud, mud. That was all there was to her now and he sighed, struggling to think.

mes.png

“I suppose you want a name.”

Names were something he’d never been good at. As far back as he could remember he’d been alone. Hungry in the beginning. That was his earliest memory. Hunger and the red, empty wasteland that was the Wandering Contagion. His second memory had been the carrion birds. Following them had always led to scraps of food and in return for sharing their meals, he’d let them roost on him. After all, even a young guardian was an imposing creature for most predators to come across and there weren’t that many trees in the Scarred Wasteland. So when he’d finally decided he needed a name, Roost was all there was to him.

Mud sloshed over his claws and he grunt. There was so much mud. “Mud.”

One of the seeker’s gave a disdainful cry but Roost ignored it and plucked the small tundra from the ground with one claw. “Mudd.” He repeated adding extra emphasis to the end. “Yes. At least until you’re grown enough to pick your own.”
hatch.png

@sadey

OVmZor1.png
@sadey i demand to be put on a pinglist immediately omg

Great two chapters! Roost is so charmingly disgruntled with everything, I love it lmao
@sadey i demand to be put on a pinglist immediately omg

Great two chapters! Roost is so charmingly disgruntled with everything, I love it lmao
@Meridok Aww, thank you! I love his cranky butt. xD I almost feel sorry for him now that Mudd is on the loose.
@Meridok Aww, thank you! I love his cranky butt. xD I almost feel sorry for him now that Mudd is on the loose.

OVmZor1.png
@sadey

I followed you here from your tumblr - this is amazing and I would love to be put on your update ping list (hoping you have one . . .).
@sadey

I followed you here from your tumblr - this is amazing and I would love to be put on your update ping list (hoping you have one . . .).
tumblr_inline_nmpzdtnOyw1t6xkgm_500.png
@haikwoshevo Ah! How was I not following you on tumblr? -follows- And thank you so much!! And yes I just started one, I'll add you to it. ^_^
@haikwoshevo Ah! How was I not following you on tumblr? -follows- And thank you so much!! And yes I just started one, I'll add you to it. ^_^

OVmZor1.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7