Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Typos MEGATHREAD!
1 2 ... 120 121 122 123 124 ... 329 330
On the Ember Faerie Kit in the treasure Marketplace, it says "Contains the Ember Sylvan Anklets, Bracelets, Dress, Headpiece, Filigree, Twist, Lattice, Wings. And 8 items."

Would it be

"Contains the Ember Sylvan Anklets, Bracelets, Dress, Headpiece, Filigree, Twist, Lattice, Wings. 8 items."

Instead? That's the format on the rest of the bundles in the treasure market place for apparel.

It has the same format with the "And 8 items." on the Grove Faerie bundle too.
On the Ember Faerie Kit in the treasure Marketplace, it says "Contains the Ember Sylvan Anklets, Bracelets, Dress, Headpiece, Filigree, Twist, Lattice, Wings. And 8 items."

Would it be

"Contains the Ember Sylvan Anklets, Bracelets, Dress, Headpiece, Filigree, Twist, Lattice, Wings. 8 items."

Instead? That's the format on the rest of the bundles in the treasure market place for apparel.

It has the same format with the "And 8 items." on the Grove Faerie bundle too.
BILLIONS OF BLUE BLISTERING BARNACLES

K20cO1K.png
NEW: Pride Birdies!
[i]It may take a little while from the time of this post for item tooltips to refresh in our site's internal cache. The corrections to the following have been made, even if they are not immediately showing up:[/i] [quote name="lostgubbins" date=2017-06-09 20:51:34] [item=Twenty Forty] There's a typo in the name of this item-- there's no "u" in "Forty". :3 [/quote] Corrected! [quote name="YoungAndMenace" date=2017-06-10 18:11:19] There's a typo in the Encyclopedia about Nocturnes! [quote=Paragraph 4, Sentence 3][b]Nocturne[/b] who remain among their own kind frequently generate feedback loops.[/quote] [/quote] Corrected! [quote name="SkyJumper" date=2017-06-10 18:15:17] [item=second-hand bandages] It appears "chest wraps" are missing and are replaced with "Heck" instead haha, I know the other wraps were corrected but this one still seems to be incorrect, thought I would report it~ [/quote] Corrected! [quote name="October" date=2017-06-10 18:45:17] [item=the mystic sage][item=the lucky sage] tooltip says 'golden sage' instead of 'mystic/lucky sage'! it's fine on the other sage bundles [/quote] Corrected! [quote name="TeenyTinyDragon" date=2017-06-11 02:27:23] [item=dusty high noon] SHOULD be "Dusty Highnoon", I think? It would make more sense [/quote] Corrected! [quote name="Catfeather" date=2017-06-11 22:45:38] The Fae encyclopedia article is inconstant with capitalizing Fae. Under "Social": "...lack of an expressive crest cripples the fae's ability..." "...have difficulty reading the fae" Under "Lairs": "When fae dragons join..." Under "Tactics": "To fight a fae in a battlefield..." "A fae that battles..." "...the fae have smaller..." [/quote] Oh boy, this one's a can of worms! Multiple breed articles have this issue. D= Let's see what we can do... Consistified: [LIST] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=25]Coatl Dragons[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=2]Guardian Dragons[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=1]Fae Dragons[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=29]Imperial Dragons[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=3]Mirror Dragons[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=63]Nocturne Dragons[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=21]Pearlcatcher Dragons[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=67]Skydancer Dragons[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=23]Snapper Dragons[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=22]Spiral Dragons[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=18]Tundra Dragons[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=5]Wildclaw Dragons[/url] [/LIST] Whew! [quote name="IzzyWizzy" date=2017-06-13 13:50:39] [item=ember faerie kit] [i]"... Twist, Lattice, Wings. And 8 items."[/i] Shouldn't this say "...Twist, Lattice, and Wings. 8 items." [/quote] Corrected for all the faerie kits, which shared the issue! [quote name="Altaera" date=2017-06-15 03:16:28] [item=frosty arctic gear][item=windy arctic gear][item=cloudy arctic gear] ' ... and Bags.7 items. ' all arctic sets are missing the spacing between the . and 7 (: [/quote] Corrected for all the arctic gear, which shared the issue. [quote name="Deladria" date=2017-06-17 02:36:49] I've been informed that incorrect grammar should be posted under Typos so here it is: Tomo's Trivia asks about a Guardian's charge, Answer says "There is no criteria" SHOULD SAY There ARE no criteria OR There IS no criterion [/quote] Corrected! [quote name="AerialPegasus" date=2017-06-21 13:38:48] In the Nocturne Encyclopedia entry, underneath Lairs it reads "These dwellings are on the inside, but artful masterpieces indistinguishable from the environment on the outside." Should read: These dwellings are artful masterpieces on the inside, but indistinguishable from the environment on the outside. [/quote] Corrected, though the description of the outside was correct, there were missing words edited out in a bungle on the first sentence. [quote name="BlueJaysFeather" date=2017-06-21 17:49:33] Tomo's Trivia question: Swipp will trade a White and Gold Flaire scarf in exchange for which combination of items Flaire should be Flair [/quote] Corrected! [quote name="Deladria" date=2017-06-22 11:20:03] Tooltip description for the Golden Snakehead says they "... breath the air directly...". It should say breathe (the verb); breath is a noun! [/quote] Corrected! [quote name="AerialPegasus" date=2017-06-23 15:21:04] In The Bogsneak Mutagen short story, "Crim and Pinkerton, were already arguing." The comma should be removed. (First real paragraph) "Baldwin and his apprentices had dodge behind crates and ingredient shelves to shield themselves from the cauldron's unstable projectiles" Needs a "to" between "had" & "dodge" (Third Paragraph) [/quote] Corrected! [quote name="kyonshi" date=2017-06-23 17:23:10] [item=sanddune rags] description is a bit off. I think it should be 'all there is'? rather than 'all there' [/quote] Corrected!
It may take a little while from the time of this post for item tooltips to refresh in our site's internal cache. The corrections to the following have been made, even if they are not immediately showing up:
lostgubbins wrote on 2017-06-09:
Twenty Forty

There's a typo in the name of this item-- there's no "u" in "Forty". :3

Corrected!

YoungAndMenace wrote on 2017-06-10:
There's a typo in the Encyclopedia about Nocturnes!
Paragraph 4, Sentence 3 wrote:
Nocturne who remain among their own kind frequently generate feedback loops.

Corrected!

SkyJumper wrote on 2017-06-10:
Second-Hand Bandages It appears "chest wraps" are missing and are replaced with "Heck" instead haha, I know the other wraps were corrected but this one still seems to be incorrect, thought I would report it~

Corrected!

October wrote on 2017-06-10:
The Mystic Sage The Lucky Sage
tooltip says 'golden sage' instead of 'mystic/lucky sage'!
it's fine on the other sage bundles

Corrected!

TeenyTinyDragon wrote on 2017-06-11:
SHOULD be "Dusty Highnoon", I think? It would make more sense

Corrected!

Catfeather wrote on 2017-06-11:
The Fae encyclopedia article is inconstant with capitalizing Fae.

Under "Social":

"...lack of an expressive crest cripples the fae's ability..."
"...have difficulty reading the fae"

Under "Lairs":

"When fae dragons join..."

Under "Tactics":

"To fight a fae in a battlefield..."
"A fae that battles..."
"...the fae have smaller..."

Oh boy, this one's a can of worms! Multiple breed articles have this issue. D= Let's see what we can do...

Consistified:
Whew!

IzzyWizzy wrote on 2017-06-13:
Ember Faerie Kit

"... Twist, Lattice, Wings. And 8 items."

Shouldn't this say "...Twist, Lattice, and Wings. 8 items."

Corrected for all the faerie kits, which shared the issue!

Altaera wrote on 2017-06-15:
Frosty Arctic Gear Windy Arctic Gear Cloudy Arctic Gear

' ... and Bags.7 items. '

all arctic sets are missing the spacing between the . and 7 (:

Corrected for all the arctic gear, which shared the issue.

Deladria wrote on 2017-06-17:
I've been informed that incorrect grammar should be posted under Typos so here it is:

Tomo's Trivia asks about a Guardian's charge, Answer says "There is no criteria"

SHOULD SAY There ARE no criteria
OR There IS no criterion

Corrected!

AerialPegasus wrote on 2017-06-21:
In the Nocturne Encyclopedia entry, underneath Lairs it reads "These dwellings are on the inside, but artful masterpieces indistinguishable from the environment on the outside."
Should read:
These dwellings are artful masterpieces on the inside, but indistinguishable from the environment on the outside.

Corrected, though the description of the outside was correct, there were missing words edited out in a bungle on the first sentence.

BlueJaysFeather wrote on 2017-06-21:
Tomo's Trivia question:
Swipp will trade a White and Gold Flaire scarf in exchange for which combination of items

Flaire should be Flair

Corrected!

Deladria wrote on 2017-06-22:
Tooltip description for the Golden Snakehead says they "... breath the air directly...". It should say breathe (the verb); breath is a noun!

Corrected!

AerialPegasus wrote on 2017-06-23:
In The Bogsneak Mutagen short story,

"Crim and Pinkerton, were already arguing."
The comma should be removed. (First real paragraph)

"Baldwin and his apprentices had dodge behind crates and ingredient shelves to shield themselves from the cauldron's unstable projectiles"
Needs a "to" between "had" & "dodge" (Third Paragraph)

Corrected!

kyonshi wrote on 2017-06-23:
Sanddune Rags

description is a bit off. I think it should be 'all there is'? rather than 'all there'

Corrected!
Hooray! The typos in the official lore always got under my skin, hopefully those have been corrected by now. If not, uh... can someone else report it? I'm super busy over here.
Hooray! The typos in the official lore always got under my skin, hopefully those have been corrected by now. If not, uh... can someone else report it? I'm super busy over here.
- order
On the Skydancer lore page: "Their ability to read energy and emotion makes them excellent at questioning feuding clan members and ferret out the truth of a situation."
should be ferreting, present tense
On the Skydancer lore page: "Their ability to read energy and emotion makes them excellent at questioning feuding clan members and ferret out the truth of a situation."
should be ferreting, present tense
Ruffled Serpent Ball Python Striped Monitor Corn Snake Conjoined Skink
@Saphirosa Try clearing your cache, it looks fine to me. It might not have updated the change on your end.
@Saphirosa Try clearing your cache, it looks fine to me. It might not have updated the change on your end.
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
Hello, recently I have been going over the descriptions of different items and I notice in the description of the item called "Rotting Plaguebringer Effigy", there are two typos.

The ending sentence reads "The Dragon Leather *it's* held together by *is* molding and smells awful."

For the first typo:
*is* should be *its'*.

For the second typo:
This one is tricky as it's not necessarily wrong, if the sentence was structure better like adding a comma at the end of "The Dragon Leather" it would work or alternatively, you could just change *it's* to *is*.

Ideally the sentence should read "The Dragon Leather *is* held together by *its'* molding and smells awful"

Typos don't tend to bother me too much, just thought I would let you know.
Hello, recently I have been going over the descriptions of different items and I notice in the description of the item called "Rotting Plaguebringer Effigy", there are two typos.

The ending sentence reads "The Dragon Leather *it's* held together by *is* molding and smells awful."

For the first typo:
*is* should be *its'*.

For the second typo:
This one is tricky as it's not necessarily wrong, if the sentence was structure better like adding a comma at the end of "The Dragon Leather" it would work or alternatively, you could just change *it's* to *is*.

Ideally the sentence should read "The Dragon Leather *is* held together by *its'* molding and smells awful"

Typos don't tend to bother me too much, just thought I would let you know.
tumblr_oxhc07hb7Q1w63o3ro1_540.png
@ParasiticHeart

I think you've misunderstood the sentence...
I just checked the tooltip and it says "The dragon leather it's held together with is molding and smells awful."
It means that the leather is growing mold, not that it was molded together.

@ParasiticHeart

I think you've misunderstood the sentence...
I just checked the tooltip and it says "The dragon leather it's held together with is molding and smells awful."
It means that the leather is growing mold, not that it was molded together.

d6VP0mp.png JrZGMGx.png
Bb9XFYa.png
gziv3Ja.png
Pn33kaF.png
mlSrRbK.png
gAJtKYm.png
BTRr72z.png
FObX7rS.png
rix3ppo.png
R1dejfm.png
@Elvende

The point still stand whether she meant mold or molding.

The sentence is still wrong.

If she was referring to mold, it should read.

"The Dragon Leather is held together with its' own mold and smells awful."

*is* is still incorrect in that sentence and the sentence would flow better if it was written like this anyway.
@Elvende

The point still stand whether she meant mold or molding.

The sentence is still wrong.

If she was referring to mold, it should read.

"The Dragon Leather is held together with its' own mold and smells awful."

*is* is still incorrect in that sentence and the sentence would flow better if it was written like this anyway.
@ParasiticHeart

What I read the sentence to be saying is that the doll is held together by dragon leather that is growing mold.
The "it" being referred to is the doll itself, not the leather.
Reading it that way, there is no mistake in the wording.
@ParasiticHeart

What I read the sentence to be saying is that the doll is held together by dragon leather that is growing mold.
The "it" being referred to is the doll itself, not the leather.
Reading it that way, there is no mistake in the wording.
d6VP0mp.png JrZGMGx.png
Bb9XFYa.png
gziv3Ja.png
Pn33kaF.png
mlSrRbK.png
gAJtKYm.png
BTRr72z.png
FObX7rS.png
rix3ppo.png
R1dejfm.png
@Elvende

I mentioned the reason why I changed "it" above in my previous comment, essentially if that is how they want to structure the sentence, there should be a comma in front of "The Dragon Leather".

So it would read "The Dragon Leather, it's held together with is mold and smells awful"

But I decided adding an additional piece of punctuation is better avoided, so I replaced it with *is*

And the following line "with is molding and smells awful" is incorrect.

*molding* is a noun and *is* would require an *and* be put before it, which would imply something completely different from "it is being held together by its' own mold" instead implying that it is held together by something and just so happens to also be molding.

"with is" also does not work in a sentence especially when we include the previous line "The Dragon Leather, it's held together with is mold and smells awful".

*is* is defined as "third person singular present of be" and does not imply that the object portrays any qualities which is another reason it would not work in that sentence.

Edit:

If you wanted you could remove *own* and just put "The Dragon Leather, it's held together with mold and smells awful".

But I don't think this would flow as well as my previous sentence.
@Elvende

I mentioned the reason why I changed "it" above in my previous comment, essentially if that is how they want to structure the sentence, there should be a comma in front of "The Dragon Leather".

So it would read "The Dragon Leather, it's held together with is mold and smells awful"

But I decided adding an additional piece of punctuation is better avoided, so I replaced it with *is*

And the following line "with is molding and smells awful" is incorrect.

*molding* is a noun and *is* would require an *and* be put before it, which would imply something completely different from "it is being held together by its' own mold" instead implying that it is held together by something and just so happens to also be molding.

"with is" also does not work in a sentence especially when we include the previous line "The Dragon Leather, it's held together with is mold and smells awful".

*is* is defined as "third person singular present of be" and does not imply that the object portrays any qualities which is another reason it would not work in that sentence.

Edit:

If you wanted you could remove *own* and just put "The Dragon Leather, it's held together with mold and smells awful".

But I don't think this would flow as well as my previous sentence.
1 2 ... 120 121 122 123 124 ... 329 330