Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] Typos MEGATHREAD!
1 2 ... 103 104 105 106 107 ... 329 330
[quote name="SteampunkDragon" date=2017-05-12 15:46:11] I noticed this typo on this cloak. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/equipment/15270.png[/img] "A rough, heavy patchwork cloak woven from aged linen. It feels as though the material was [b]one [/b]heavily enchanted." I belive it is supposed to say "It feels as though the material was ONCE heavily enchanted." :P [/quote] The witch's, conjurer's, enchanter's and sorcerer's cloak have all had this typo corrected! [quote name="Skykast" date=2017-05-15 05:06:40] This morning Tomo asked me "Which familiar has a tendency to hoard and brood over eggs?" The correct answer is the red-footed akirbeak, but tomo's choices will say "Red-footed Akiribeak", adding in an extra "i" in "Akirbeak" when the beastiary says it only needs one. (sorry I didn't get a screen shot, I was clicking too fast when I noticed) [/quote] Corrected!
SteampunkDragon wrote on 2017-05-12:
I noticed this typo on this cloak.

15270.png

"A rough, heavy patchwork cloak woven from aged linen. It feels as though the material was one heavily enchanted."

I belive it is supposed to say "It feels as though the material was ONCE heavily enchanted." :P

The witch's, conjurer's, enchanter's and sorcerer's cloak have all had this typo corrected!

Skykast wrote on 2017-05-15:
This morning Tomo asked me "Which familiar has a tendency to hoard and brood over eggs?" The correct answer is the red-footed akirbeak, but tomo's choices will say "Red-footed Akiribeak", adding in an extra "i" in "Akirbeak" when the beastiary says it only needs one. (sorry I didn't get a screen shot, I was clicking too fast when I noticed)

Corrected!
[item=Dreameater] said as dreameater in bestiary, but dream eater in coli
Dreameater

said as dreameater in bestiary, but dream eater in coli
[item=tales of terror] [i]"A dusty moth-eaten tome [b]pocked [/b]with glowing eyes..."[/i] Should this be packed instead? EDIT I FOUND MORE [item=manticore screamer] [i]"While one of these tiny [b]manticore [/b]may appear..."[/i] Plural of manticore is manticores. [item=noxious coralclimber] [i]"The vibrant colors [b]warn [/b]off many..."[/i] Should warn be changed to ward? [item=leucistic axolotl] [i]"Leucistic [b]axolotl [/b]develop their lack..."[/i] Should the word axolotl be capitalized? Compare to the Nightrage Axolotl. [item=nightrage axolotl]
Tales of Terror

"A dusty moth-eaten tome pocked with glowing eyes..."

Should this be packed instead?

EDIT I FOUND MORE
Manticore Screamer
"While one of these tiny manticore may appear..."

Plural of manticore is manticores.

Noxious Coralclimber

"The vibrant colors warn off many..."

Should warn be changed to ward?

Leucistic Axolotl

"Leucistic axolotl develop their lack..."

Should the word axolotl be capitalized? Compare to the Nightrage Axolotl.
Nightrage Axolotl
CLVpsxr.gif
@IzzyWizzy It's probably supposed to be pocked as in pockmarked (i.e. pitted, scarred)!
@IzzyWizzy It's probably supposed to be pocked as in pockmarked (i.e. pitted, scarred)!
rl2X9jH.png
[item=Sapphire Tail Feathers] The item description reads "A forked tail, fashioned from wax and feather." Shouldn't it be "Feathers?" to at least match the way "feathers" was used in the description of the wings? You could also probably drop comma as well. [item=Sapphire Feathered WIngs] (all the tail feather apparel seems to have this.)
Sapphire Tail Feathers

The item description reads "A forked tail, fashioned from wax and feather."

Shouldn't it be "Feathers?" to at least match the way "feathers" was used in the description of the wings? You could also probably drop comma as well.

Sapphire Feathered Wings

(all the tail feather apparel seems to have this.)
tumblr_inline_njviwmxG231qg2i5p.png
Grammar Nazis, They are everywhere!
Grammar Nazis, They are everywhere!
attempting-to-give-a-damn.gif The Swifts shall Survive!!! RIP:Boolean a great familiar...
Screenshot_2016-10-09_at_5.53.30_PM.png570.gif Boolean courier_pearl.gif
5fottu.png

Should this be "Relic" or is it meant to read "Relief" ?
5fottu.png

Should this be "Relic" or is it meant to read "Relief" ?
01_grimerat_dressed_100px.png Nick | they/them | FR+0

RNG Rat Adoptables
[center] [item=iron gear][color=#6b6b6b][size=2] Is it meant to say faulty part[b]s[/b]? o:
Iron Gear
Is it meant to say faulty parts? o:
2y1XN7S.png xx humerus
they/them or he/him

currently working through things. may do somethin' soon.

wishlist / t
@IzzyWizzy in this case, axolotl might not be a proper noun. for example, in a sentence describing real-world leucistic axolotols, you probably wouldn't capitalize it! i'd certainly leave it up to the judgement of the admin team though. also, one can warn off as well as ward off! but, given the context, "ward off" (to repel or avert) does make more sense.
@IzzyWizzy in this case, axolotl might not be a proper noun. for example, in a sentence describing real-world leucistic axolotols, you probably wouldn't capitalize it! i'd certainly leave it up to the judgement of the admin team though. also, one can warn off as well as ward off! but, given the context, "ward off" (to repel or avert) does make more sense.
naturef2.png
The Sable Glen
Peaceful - Resourceful - Stalwart

Mochi or Momo she/her, FR+3
@lostgubbins on twitter
Marine Iguana
I collect
Marine Iguanas!
Current total: 736

Up to date as of 18/02/2024
[item=Shattered Ceramic Shard] With the item description specifically mentioning history, I believe that 'Shattered Ceramic Shard' should really be spelled as 'sherd'. In a historic/archaeological context, the word shard magically becomes sherd. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherd
Shattered Ceramic Shard

With the item description specifically mentioning history, I believe that 'Shattered Ceramic Shard' should really be spelled as 'sherd'. In a historic/archaeological context, the word shard magically becomes sherd.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherd
1 2 ... 103 104 105 106 107 ... 329 330