Bug Report Forums
Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Coliseum: February 6 Testing Thread
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
Thank you for participating in the [b]Coliseum Technical Beta![/b] [size=4]Today (Tuesday, February 6th), we will be focus-testing [b]General Battle and Ability Testing[/b][/size] This day's testing will focus on general usage of the battle system and ability functionality. Coliseum has lots of abilities and we'd like to make sure they're all working. It will also give us a good semblance of player load that will help us tune things on the back end for festivals or events where Coliseum usage is heaviest. -------- [b][size=4]If you experience any issues while testing the above feature(s), please try the following before posting a bug report:[/size][/b] [LIST] [*][url=http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache]Clear your browser's [b]cache.[/url][/b] [/LIST] [LIST] [*]Try to access the game with a [b]different browser[/b] entirely to see if results are better. [*]Try a [b]hard reset[/b] of your browser: [b]CTRL+F5, Control + Refresh, etc[/b] [*]Try accessing the Coliseum Tech Beta through [b]an incognito or private browsing mode[/b]. [/LIST] [b][size=4]If that does not work:[/size][/b] [LIST=1] [*][b]Log out.[/b] [*]Clear your browser's [b]cache[/b] (with the instructions above). [*][b]Close[/b] the browser window. [*][b]Open[/b] new browser window. [*][b]Log in.[/b] [/LIST] [b][size=4]If the above troubleshooting steps do not fix your issue, please provide us with the following information:[/size][/b] [quote][LIST] [*][b]Browser(s) Used[/b] [list][*]Browser(s) Version[/list] [*][b]Device(s) Used[/b] [list][*]Mobile Laptop Desktop Etc.[/list] [*][b]Device Operating System[/b] [list][*]Operating System Version[/list] [*][b]Internet Connection Type[/b] [list][*]Mobile [*]Wireless [*]Wired - cable/DSL? [*]School [*]Home [*]Work[/list] [*][b]Antivirus Installed[/b] [list][*]Antivirus Version[/list] [/LIST] [list] [*][b]Describe the bug in detail:[/b] [list][*]Tell us everything you remember up until the problem occurred, especially if you can get it to happen reliably multiple times in a row. This information is the most important part of the report.[/list][/list] [list][*][b]Include any screenshots you think may be relevant.[/b][/quote][/list] [b]Detailed reports with information on how to reproduce the problem[/b] will help our engineers diagnose and address bugs with this feature. [LIST] [*]Posts that are not reporting bugs about the above feature(s) will be removed. [*]Posts that are suggestions about the above feature(s) will be removed. [/LIST] Thank you!
Thank you for participating in the Coliseum Technical Beta!

Today (Tuesday, February 6th), we will be focus-testing General Battle and Ability Testing

This day's testing will focus on general usage of the battle system and ability functionality. Coliseum has lots of abilities and we'd like to make sure they're all working. It will also give us a good semblance of player load that will help us tune things on the back end for festivals or events where Coliseum usage is heaviest.

If you experience any issues while testing the above feature(s), please try the following before posting a bug report:
  • Try to access the game with a different browser entirely to see if results are better.
  • Try a hard reset of your browser: CTRL+F5, Control + Refresh, etc
  • Try accessing the Coliseum Tech Beta through an incognito or private browsing mode.

If that does not work:
  1. Log out.
  2. Clear your browser's cache (with the instructions above).
  3. Close the browser window.
  4. Open new browser window.
  5. Log in.

If the above troubleshooting steps do not fix your issue, please provide us with the following information:
Quote:
  • Browser(s) Used
    • Browser(s) Version
  • Device(s) Used
    • Mobile
      Laptop
      Desktop
      Etc.
  • Device Operating System
    • Operating System Version
  • Internet Connection Type
    • Mobile
    • Wireless
    • Wired - cable/DSL?
    • School
    • Home
    • Work
  • Antivirus Installed
    • Antivirus Version
  • Describe the bug in detail:
    • Tell us everything you remember up until the problem occurred, especially if you can get it to happen reliably multiple times in a row. This information is the most important part of the report.
  • Include any screenshots you think may be relevant.

Detailed reports with information on how to reproduce the problem will help our engineers diagnose and address bugs with this feature.
  • Posts that are not reporting bugs about the above feature(s) will be removed.
  • Posts that are suggestions about the above feature(s) will be removed.

Thank you!
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
not sure how to find most of the info you requested, but i'm using chrome on a laptop running windows 10

every time i start a new battle, the coli scrolls up to the top, which is really annoying
not sure how to find most of the info you requested, but i'm using chrome on a laptop running windows 10

every time i start a new battle, the coli scrolls up to the top, which is really annoying
[quote name="ArouraBorialice" date=2018-02-06 01:10:13] not sure how to find most of the info you requested, but i'm using chrome on a laptop running windows 10 every time i start a new battle, the coli scrolls up to the top, which is really annoying [/quote] Same here, it bugs me .-.
ArouraBorialice wrote on 2018-02-06:

Same here, it bugs me .-.
2vYv0jN.png
SENPAIII NOTICE ME
Android mobile Chrome, via home wireless. Testing out the mobile version this time!

Full screen does indeed exit every time a new battle starts, and worse, full screen doesn't show up properly if I don't have my phone rotated sideways. I'll be adding screenshots here in a moment.

Edit:
Rotated sideways: 14oafyc.png
Held upright: 2uyk5ex.png

Can't pinch to zoom in or out of the upright version either.

Sap, Rally, Disorient, Empathetic Regeneration, and Contuse all seem to be in proper working order, except that like I posted in the other thread, Rally's healing properties no longer work.

Again, not sure if that's a bug or if Rally wasn't meant to heal from the start, but it used to be that a small but invisible amount of health was restored upon Rally use, based on the caster's INT, which didn't become visible until the next fight. Now it doesn't heal at all.

I also still really don't like the icons for Rally and Regen being on the left, where it overlaps the colored portion of the dragon pictures. Much preferred them on the right, by the names, where it's all white and easier to see.
Android mobile Chrome, via home wireless. Testing out the mobile version this time!

Full screen does indeed exit every time a new battle starts, and worse, full screen doesn't show up properly if I don't have my phone rotated sideways. I'll be adding screenshots here in a moment.

Edit:
Rotated sideways: 14oafyc.png
Held upright: 2uyk5ex.png

Can't pinch to zoom in or out of the upright version either.

Sap, Rally, Disorient, Empathetic Regeneration, and Contuse all seem to be in proper working order, except that like I posted in the other thread, Rally's healing properties no longer work.

Again, not sure if that's a bug or if Rally wasn't meant to heal from the start, but it used to be that a small but invisible amount of health was restored upon Rally use, based on the caster's INT, which didn't become visible until the next fight. Now it doesn't heal at all.

I also still really don't like the icons for Rally and Regen being on the left, where it overlaps the colored portion of the dragon pictures. Much preferred them on the right, by the names, where it's all white and easier to see.
ijcaSw5.gif 24e24jq.jpg tumblr_nu9dc9lcB81u8p7yoo7_100.png
It seems that you can't start your next attack until the turn order animation has finished cycling. This makes turn progression much slower.

There is no indication given that if you fail too many captchas, you will be banned from progressing. Then, there is no timer given saying how long you have to wait to battle again. (I have to wonder if it's even a necessary feature - it's certainly not accessibility-friendly.)

Also the constant disappearance/reappearance of the turn order indicator arrow is just really annoying.
It seems that you can't start your next attack until the turn order animation has finished cycling. This makes turn progression much slower.

There is no indication given that if you fail too many captchas, you will be banned from progressing. Then, there is no timer given saying how long you have to wait to battle again. (I have to wonder if it's even a necessary feature - it's certainly not accessibility-friendly.)

Also the constant disappearance/reappearance of the turn order indicator arrow is just really annoying.
tumblr_og9a8lPYJw1vzfkcno1_75sq.giftumblr_ogb7llWAAL1vzfkcno2_100.giftumblr_og96j2sxWa1vzfkcno1_75sq.gif
Responses seemed much faster, that’s great, but sometimes elements don’t appear in order, and that effects like rally appear on the left, not the right, maybe it’s intended, but if the colour of the dragon is similar to the effect, the colours may clash and it may be difficult or confusing to see that effect.
It’s very nice overall:)
Responses seemed much faster, that’s great, but sometimes elements don’t appear in order, and that effects like rally appear on the left, not the right, maybe it’s intended, but if the colour of the dragon is similar to the effect, the colours may clash and it may be difficult or confusing to see that effect.
It’s very nice overall:)
Hi, tynnk is my bro, he registered as tynnk the best because I stole his name
I am having some issues with the captcha sometimes. The preview you showed us in the WotW from October 2016 was really clear. [url]http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1997801[/url] The captcha's we currently have can be really hard to decipher. I can't imagine how much harder it is to pick out the dragon on phones or smaller screens. I wanted to see what happened when I missclicked the dragon a couple times, and I got locked out of the coli. Getting this message, which I am sure was intended: [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/dc04039ce42e0a4791579ffd5ca3b032/tumblr_inline_p3q780H4v81rhuc6n_540.png[/img] Except that it's now been 14 minutes and I am still locked out... Seems a little overkill.
I am having some issues with the captcha sometimes. The preview you showed us in the WotW from October 2016 was really clear. http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1997801

The captcha's we currently have can be really hard to decipher. I can't imagine how much harder it is to pick out the dragon on phones or smaller screens. I wanted to see what happened when I missclicked the dragon a couple times, and I got locked out of the coli. Getting this message, which I am sure was intended:

tumblr_inline_p3q780H4v81rhuc6n_540.png

Except that it's now been 14 minutes and I am still locked out... Seems a little overkill.

Egg & hatch challenge
Wsu677T.png

Chest Challenge 2018
Rally isn't working at all. Also, captcha for 5% MND increase would not permit me to return to the game. No error message or anything, it just sits there even though I clicked the dragon in the photo. For reference, it was my third captcha in about 8 minutes of play.

Used my phone again:
- Chrome 64.0.3282.137
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- Android 5.1.1
- Mobile data
- AVG Antivirus
Rally isn't working at all. Also, captcha for 5% MND increase would not permit me to return to the game. No error message or anything, it just sits there even though I clicked the dragon in the photo. For reference, it was my third captcha in about 8 minutes of play.

Used my phone again:
- Chrome 64.0.3282.137
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4
- Android 5.1.1
- Mobile data
- AVG Antivirus
150_94_sig_temp_by_phoenixmiko32-d90ains.png iyvadWr.gif bfbhh7d.png ortb7t.png
Browser: Firefox Quantum, 58.0.1 (64-Bit)
Device: Laptop
Device Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-Bit
Internet Connection Type: Wireless, home
Antivirus Installed: Microsoft Security Essentials

Missing status effect hover-text:
In the old Coliseum it's been possible to hover over a status effect symbol like "Regeneration" or "Haste" and it showed information about the status effect. Those hover texts do not appear anymore.

Dodge and Miss not distinguishable anymore:
I the old Coli there either appeared a "Dodge" or "Miss" icon above a dragon/enemy which could evade an attack, depending whether it was due to a regular dodge or the attacker being blinded. Now for both cases no "Dodge" nor "Miss" text appears above the attacked enemy/dragon, so they cannot be distinguished anymore.
I activated all effect options, in case one of those would disable those icons, but it didn't change the situation.

Weak/regular/strong attack animations same:
If a dragon's element is inferior to an enemy's element, the damage of elemental magical attacks is decreased, but the font of the number does not change to gray like it did before. Also this big shake if the element was superior and therefore the attack correctly increased does not seem to happen anymore, even if I activate all effect options.

Also copied over from yesterday's post, because I guess it belongs here and not there:

Additional Device used here:
Browser: Lightning
Device: Smartphone
Device Operating System: Android 5.0.2
Antivirus Installed: I don't think so

Instant-dead dragons:
Some dragons of mine had no health at the beginning of any fight. The affected dragons stayed the same, even after some switching around. They seemed to be some of the younger dragons in my lair, but not all of them.

If the party consisted of three of those instant-dead dragons, the fight was immediately lost when it started.

I tried to fight with those dragons on both, my laptop and my phone and had the same problem on both devices. Also after waiting a few hours and starting the Coliseum again, they still had no live.

BUT after I started the old Coliseum, fought one fight with three of them in it and returned to the new Coliseum, this bug suddenly disappeared. Now all dragons have full health when starting a new battle, like they are supposed to be... But I thought I might share it anyway. .-.
Browser: Firefox Quantum, 58.0.1 (64-Bit)
Device: Laptop
Device Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-Bit
Antivirus Installed: Microsoft Security Essentials

Missing status effect hover-text:
In the old Coliseum it's been possible to hover over a status effect symbol like "Regeneration" or "Haste" and it showed information about the status effect. Those hover texts do not appear anymore.

Dodge and Miss not distinguishable anymore:
I the old Coli there either appeared a "Dodge" or "Miss" icon above a dragon/enemy which could evade an attack, depending whether it was due to a regular dodge or the attacker being blinded. Now for both cases no "Dodge" nor "Miss" text appears above the attacked enemy/dragon, so they cannot be distinguished anymore.
I activated all effect options, in case one of those would disable those icons, but it didn't change the situation.

Weak/regular/strong attack animations same:
If a dragon's element is inferior to an enemy's element, the damage of elemental magical attacks is decreased, but the font of the number does not change to gray like it did before. Also this big shake if the element was superior and therefore the attack correctly increased does not seem to happen anymore, even if I activate all effect options.

Also copied over from yesterday's post, because I guess it belongs here and not there:

Additional Device used here:
Browser: Lightning
Device: Smartphone
Device Operating System: Android 5.0.2
Antivirus Installed: I don't think so

Instant-dead dragons:
Some dragons of mine had no health at the beginning of any fight. The affected dragons stayed the same, even after some switching around. They seemed to be some of the younger dragons in my lair, but not all of them.

If the party consisted of three of those instant-dead dragons, the fight was immediately lost when it started.

I tried to fight with those dragons on both, my laptop and my phone and had the same problem on both devices. Also after waiting a few hours and starting the Coliseum again, they still had no live.

BUT after I started the old Coliseum, fought one fight with three of them in it and returned to the new Coliseum, this bug suddenly disappeared. Now all dragons have full health when starting a new battle, like they are supposed to be... But I thought I might share it anyway. .-.
tumblr_p0hiywj4lh1w8tzaro7_r2_100.png xx Clan Lore
Nest Network: Lightning
Accents
FR+9
[b]Browser:[/b] Google Chrome [Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)] [b]Device:[/b] Desktop Computer [b]OS:[/b] Windows 10 Home (64 bit) [b]Internet:[/b] Home, Wired(???? i think, sometimes it does the wireless thing idk) [b]Antivirus:[/b] whatever microsoft thing this computer came with lord if i know, plus Malwarebytes [b]Coliseum Locale:[/b] Arena [b]Graphic Anomaly[/b] So this issue is more... it's not quite a bug, but I wouldn't know what else to classify it as. When fighting in the Arena against some hovering Raptoriks, well they do their normal hovering thing above the ground. However, when I knock 'em out, they seem to "drop". I do have screenshots, though it's easier to see in action. I'm unsure if this happens in other locales against other hovering enemies, I'll likely check after this an' update. [b]Alive Raptoriks[/b] [img]https://i.gyazo.com/3a832daa5303de8bea74100a7b65328d.png[/img] [b]Freshly KO'd Raptorik[/b] [img]https://i.gyazo.com/dba531346b8d1f48ce6d5f2f905897dc.png[/img] [b]Edit:[/b] Just got out of the Training Fields locale. This graphic anomaly also happens with the floating enemies there. Is it a bug or is it a feature? yes.
Browser: Google Chrome [Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)]
Device: Desktop Computer
Internet: Home, Wired(???? i think, sometimes it does the wireless thing idk)
Antivirus: whatever microsoft thing this computer came with lord if i know, plus Malwarebytes
Coliseum Locale: Arena

Graphic Anomaly
So this issue is more... it's not quite a bug, but I wouldn't know what else to classify it as. When fighting in the Arena against some hovering Raptoriks, well they do their normal hovering thing above the ground. However, when I knock 'em out, they seem to "drop". I do have screenshots, though it's easier to see in action. I'm unsure if this happens in other locales against other hovering enemies, I'll likely check after this an' update.

Alive Raptoriks
3a832daa5303de8bea74100a7b65328d.png

Freshly KO'd Raptorik
dba531346b8d1f48ce6d5f2f905897dc.png

Edit:
Just got out of the Training Fields locale. This graphic anomaly also happens with the floating enemies there. Is it a bug or is it a feature? yes.
KmJfAle.png
86gRZVB.png
"May the Vruaik join our Mother in the Wound, as they are the pride of the Kajivruaiki."
Silver Scale Studios Tumblr
FR Tumblr
2yGTNC2.png
Phonetic Mockingbird for the Ursegal Language Project
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16