Back

Dragons For Sale

Arrange the purchasing and selling of dragons.
TOPIC | (CLOSED) Oakrest - A Lore Hatchery
1 2 ... 146 147 148 149 150 ... 262 263
@CelticFire21 - [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26975916] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/269760/26975916_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "While it is always a pleasure to host those who hailed once from Oakrest, my daughter Margot has just departed for the lands of ice. While I hope that what home she has found there suits her, I will not send you both off so soon. Apollo's brother has longed for word of his family, and I am certain he would be delighted to see the both of you before you leave." (( LITERALLY sometime between 12:00 and now server time, she sold on the AH. I do not understand. D: Sorry to give you the bad news! ))
@CelticFire21 -

"While it is always a pleasure to host those who hailed once from Oakrest, my daughter Margot has just departed for the lands of ice. While I hope that what home she has found there suits her, I will not send you both off so soon. Apollo's brother has longed for word of his family, and I am certain he would be delighted to see the both of you before you leave."

(( LITERALLY sometime between 12:00 and now server time, she sold on the AH. I do not understand. D: Sorry to give you the bad news! ))
Libby bows her head. "I shall inform our clan of this news after Apollo has visited with his family. I know he has missed them dearly."

((She looks very happy in her new home and I wish her well. :) I'll be keeping a closer eye on Oakrest and pouncing on dragons sooner. Lol!))

Edit: @ixris
Libby bows her head. "I shall inform our clan of this news after Apollo has visited with his family. I know he has missed them dearly."

((She looks very happy in her new home and I wish her well. :) I'll be keeping a closer eye on Oakrest and pouncing on dragons sooner. Lol!))

Edit: @ixris
[b]General Pinglist:[/b] @ScarletVow @Naga @Mozie @raynefall @Kattchon @doglore @veinlily @Aloha @scar66 @LordMeikai @juncosongs @cheesecakewizard @jennycatmystique @SnowflakeQueen21 @Lytic @CatkinStarchild @Salathielly @NeveFox @Phyrne @ShadyRabbit @nappez @Velsim @zurikitty13 @MeraHunt @Limesparrow @Reyka @Mesuki @pyr0 @CelticFire21 @graphicmacaroon @Scriniarii @Whoviana @Weathering @Eulerian @Pyrouge @FrostHoshi @Mintiani @cometmebro @Aviose @CrazyassBat @browncoatparadox @EndaraMae @Starongie @Leun @JordanKitten @HotGeometry @Geckoe @Kiradog234 @kayn @IceOtter @Quis @Shadowedlullaby @OmegaDaDragon Another hatch today! Introducing my newest pair, Dawn and Periwinkle! [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23732763][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/237328/23732763.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32266487][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/322665/32266487.png[/img][/url] [b]Dawn & Periwinkle[/b][/center] It was about time Oakrest got some cool-range pairs, lol. :) Due to the pricey nature of these kids, they are listed in the AH for gems, but I am happy to take treasure or mixed payments over CR. Just let me know which kid you'd like, and what you'd like to offer for him! :) [s]I will edit this post when the hatchlings are listed in the AH.[/s] Hatchlings are listed! Thanks for your patience! [quote]The scream came just after First Star, and those who were closest hurried towards the sound, arriving at the quarters of the singer, Periwinkle, and her mate, Dawn. Inside, there was no sign of trouble, but Peri looked quite shaken. "I don't know what it was!" she said, her voice trembling. She could barely stand, and Lisabet helped her to a couch while Evergreen hurried off to fetch Oddity for a more thorough check-up. "It was just here - big eyes and blood. Oh, Eleven, I remember the blood!" The whites of her eyes flashed, and those gathered within her quarters fell to trying to keep her calm until the doctor arrived. After she was pronounced frightened but fine, Setara and Ink were called in to assess the situation. "What were you doing when you saw the apparition?" Setara asked, peeking into drawers and boxes along Peri's dressing table. "I was doing a practice make-up for my next concert," Periwinkle said, her voice still a little strained. "I've collected some older pieces of jewelry, and I needed to make sure they were in good repair for the show while I had enough time to repair them." "Show us," Ink said, and the two dragons gathered around Periwinkle as she sat, clearly afraid, at her dressing table and started first with her makeup, then with the jewels. She delicately fastened an ancient necklace, then a bracelet, then a more modern silk drape fashioned in the manner of the ancient tribes of Dragonhome. All of this was unremarkable. Then, she reached for a single earring. Setara set her hand over the bauble before Periwinkle could pick it up. "Where's the mate?" she asked, looking at Ink over Peri's head. Ink asked Periwinkle a question in coatl, and the singer looked between the two. "There was only ever one," she said. "I bought it for a steep price from a trader out near the Pillar. Look," she reached for the dangling green gem. "These runes marked it as a gem belonging to a member of the high houses." She spoke a language neither Setara nor Ink knew. "It means 'Blessings and Long Life.' I assumed it was either intended to be a single jewel or the mate had long-since been destroyed." Setara looked up suddenly, and immediately after a wild gust tore through the room. Ink did her best to shield Periwinkle, who shrieked in terror and tried to hide under her dressing table. Setara, however, stood in the middle of the storm. "Say it again! The old words, say them again!" Periwinkle, her voice quaking anew, stammered through the old words. And for an instant, the room grew cold as high winter. The gust was replaced with a low moan overlain with a sound like tearing metal. Blood pooled on the floor between the three of them, and a barest trace of horns and eyes filled the space above it. A voice, thin and reedy, spoke the same old tongue, and then the apparition was gone and the room was markedly warmer. Ink cleared her throat and righted a few books that had been blown off a shelf. "Well," she said. "Not often we find that in the Citadel." Setara stared at the earring in her hand, then helped Periwinkle to her feet. "That's the trouble?" she said. Periwinkle nodded. She looked like she wanted to cry. "Just one question before we can help you tidy up in earnest: What did it say?" Periwinkle drew a deep breath and let it out slowly. "She said 'Kienn, I can't find my other.'" Ink looked between the two. "The other what?" Setara nodded. "I'm going to borrow the earring for a while," she said. "If I can, I'll return it." "It was very expensive," Periwinkle protested. "More expensive than your peaceful lair?" Setara asked. Periwinkle didn't answer. She only sighed.[/quote] Pair: [b]Dawn & Periwinkle[/b] - [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33213831] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/332139/33213831_350.png[/img] [/url] Male - [b]XXY![/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33213832] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/332139/33213832_350.png[/img] [/url] Male As always, all info is on the first page. If you need to be added or removed from a list, please let me know. Otherwise, thanks for looking! :)
General Pinglist: @ScarletVow @Naga @Mozie @raynefall @Kattchon @doglore @veinlily @Aloha @scar66 @LordMeikai @juncosongs @cheesecakewizard @jennycatmystique @SnowflakeQueen21 @Lytic @CatkinStarchild @Salathielly @NeveFox @Phyrne @ShadyRabbit @nappez @Velsim @zurikitty13 @MeraHunt @Limesparrow @Reyka @Mesuki @pyr0 @CelticFire21 @graphicmacaroon @Scriniarii @Whoviana @Weathering @Eulerian @Pyrouge @FrostHoshi @Mintiani @cometmebro @Aviose @CrazyassBat @browncoatparadox @EndaraMae @Starongie @Leun @JordanKitten @HotGeometry @Geckoe @Kiradog234 @kayn @IceOtter @Quis @Shadowedlullaby @OmegaDaDragon

Another hatch today! Introducing my newest pair, Dawn and Periwinkle!

23732763.png 32266487.png
Dawn & Periwinkle

It was about time Oakrest got some cool-range pairs, lol. :)

Due to the pricey nature of these kids, they are listed in the AH for gems, but I am happy to take treasure or mixed payments over CR. Just let me know which kid you'd like, and what you'd like to offer for him! :)

I will edit this post when the hatchlings are listed in the AH. Hatchlings are listed! Thanks for your patience!

Quote:
The scream came just after First Star, and those who were closest hurried towards the sound, arriving at the quarters of the singer, Periwinkle, and her mate, Dawn.

Inside, there was no sign of trouble, but Peri looked quite shaken. "I don't know what it was!" she said, her voice trembling. She could barely stand, and Lisabet helped her to a couch while Evergreen hurried off to fetch Oddity for a more thorough check-up.

"It was just here - big eyes and blood. Oh, Eleven, I remember the blood!" The whites of her eyes flashed, and those gathered within her quarters fell to trying to keep her calm until the doctor arrived.

After she was pronounced frightened but fine, Setara and Ink were called in to assess the situation.

"What were you doing when you saw the apparition?" Setara asked, peeking into drawers and boxes along Peri's dressing table.

"I was doing a practice make-up for my next concert," Periwinkle said, her voice still a little strained. "I've collected some older pieces of jewelry, and I needed to make sure they were in good repair for the show while I had enough time to repair them."

"Show us," Ink said, and the two dragons gathered around Periwinkle as she sat, clearly afraid, at her dressing table and started first with her makeup, then with the jewels.

She delicately fastened an ancient necklace, then a bracelet, then a more modern silk drape fashioned in the manner of the ancient tribes of Dragonhome. All of this was unremarkable. Then, she reached for a single earring.

Setara set her hand over the bauble before Periwinkle could pick it up. "Where's the mate?" she asked, looking at Ink over Peri's head.

Ink asked Periwinkle a question in coatl, and the singer looked between the two. "There was only ever one," she said. "I bought it for a steep price from a trader out near the Pillar. Look," she reached for the dangling green gem. "These runes marked it as a gem belonging to a member of the high houses." She spoke a language neither Setara nor Ink knew. "It means 'Blessings and Long Life.' I assumed it was either intended to be a single jewel or the mate had long-since been destroyed."

Setara looked up suddenly, and immediately after a wild gust tore through the room.

Ink did her best to shield Periwinkle, who shrieked in terror and tried to hide under her dressing table.

Setara, however, stood in the middle of the storm. "Say it again! The old words, say them again!"

Periwinkle, her voice quaking anew, stammered through the old words.

And for an instant, the room grew cold as high winter. The gust was replaced with a low moan overlain with a sound like tearing metal.

Blood pooled on the floor between the three of them, and a barest trace of horns and eyes filled the space above it. A voice, thin and reedy, spoke the same old tongue, and then the apparition was gone and the room was markedly warmer.

Ink cleared her throat and righted a few books that had been blown off a shelf. "Well," she said. "Not often we find that in the Citadel."

Setara stared at the earring in her hand, then helped Periwinkle to her feet. "That's the trouble?" she said.

Periwinkle nodded. She looked like she wanted to cry.

"Just one question before we can help you tidy up in earnest: What did it say?"

Periwinkle drew a deep breath and let it out slowly. "She said 'Kienn, I can't find my other.'"

Ink looked between the two. "The other what?"

Setara nodded. "I'm going to borrow the earring for a while," she said. "If I can, I'll return it."

"It was very expensive," Periwinkle protested.

"More expensive than your peaceful lair?" Setara asked.

Periwinkle didn't answer. She only sighed.

Pair: Dawn & Periwinkle -

33213831_350.png

Male - XXY!

33213832_350.png

Male

As always, all info is on the first page. If you need to be added or removed from a list, please let me know. Otherwise, thanks for looking! :)
@ixris

oh no... they're super cute!
@ixris

oh no... they're super cute!
hANn2C0.gif
@MeraHunt - Thank you! :D
@MeraHunt - Thank you! :D
@ixris I love the lore (both what you wrote in today's post and Dawn and Peri's lore in general). <3 I know it seems foolish to replace gem genes, but I really want to do this with Astrus: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=71&bodygene=15&breed=12&element=1&gender=0&tert=74&tertgene=14&winggene=16&wings=71&auth=59b61b1457629857827915f867ba2753616b4298&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
@ixris

I love the lore (both what you wrote in today's post and Dawn and Peri's lore in general). <3

I know it seems foolish to replace gem genes, but I really want to do this with Astrus:

dragon?age=1&body=71&bodygene=15&breed=12&element=1&gender=0&tert=74&tertgene=14&winggene=16&wings=71&auth=59b61b1457629857827915f867ba2753616b4298&dummyext=prev.png
Ssnjyqq.pngGqCYo3Z.pngMjhcEqa.png0DjJJeq.pnggbzmCjn.pnggLKyC1J.pngC4p7R9l.pngV2CeOLQ.pngeQ6UJL0.png ICOy8Af.png
@Salathielly - A beautiful scry! :D I noticed many (all?) of the XXY sapphires on the AH were skin/spin, so you would not be alone in that decision.

Thank you as always for the compliment on the lore. <3 It's always good to hear when it's been read. :)
@Salathielly - A beautiful scry! :D I noticed many (all?) of the XXY sapphires on the AH were skin/spin, so you would not be alone in that decision.

Thank you as always for the compliment on the lore. <3 It's always good to hear when it's been read. :)
@ixris

I still love petals, don't get me wrong, but sapphire is just so...vibrant...in skink. I'll see if I still feel the same way when he grows up! (Also, moon runes. I am such a geek.)

I really liked Dawn's lore with the signal flags especially (and how he mends Peri's gowns).
@ixris

I still love petals, don't get me wrong, but sapphire is just so...vibrant...in skink. I'll see if I still feel the same way when he grows up! (Also, moon runes. I am such a geek.)

I really liked Dawn's lore with the signal flags especially (and how he mends Peri's gowns).
Ssnjyqq.pngGqCYo3Z.pngMjhcEqa.png0DjJJeq.pnggbzmCjn.pnggLKyC1J.pngC4p7R9l.pngV2CeOLQ.pngeQ6UJL0.png ICOy8Af.png
@Salathielly - Lol, sapphire is vibrant in EVERYTHING. I hatched them this morning and was like '........ D: oh I cannot look at you child.' But the skink / spin looks super good. (haha, I can think of no better reason to gene something with runes. X3 I love it.)

D'aww, thank you! :D I needed a signal dragon for a while, because of how many times Oakrest gets evacuated and stuff. AND THEN HE LOOKED SO GOOD IN THE BANNERS. So that happened.

(also homg, if you can sew, why in the world would you send a small tear to a tailor?? ALWAYS SAVE MONEY.)
@Salathielly - Lol, sapphire is vibrant in EVERYTHING. I hatched them this morning and was like '........ D: oh I cannot look at you child.' But the skink / spin looks super good. (haha, I can think of no better reason to gene something with runes. X3 I love it.)

D'aww, thank you! :D I needed a signal dragon for a while, because of how many times Oakrest gets evacuated and stuff. AND THEN HE LOOKED SO GOOD IN THE BANNERS. So that happened.

(also homg, if you can sew, why in the world would you send a small tear to a tailor?? ALWAYS SAVE MONEY.)
@ixris

I also admittedly really love runes, so. xD;;

It makes so much sense and yet is so elegant and I love it. <3

Or you could just be like my clan and have an overabundance of tailors/apparel dragons who can be persuaded to fix things for you. xD
@ixris

I also admittedly really love runes, so. xD;;

It makes so much sense and yet is so elegant and I love it. <3

Or you could just be like my clan and have an overabundance of tailors/apparel dragons who can be persuaded to fix things for you. xD
1 2 ... 146 147 148 149 150 ... 262 263