Back

Dragons For Sale

Arrange the purchasing and selling of dragons.
TOPIC | (CLOSED) Oakrest - A Lore Hatchery
1 2 ... 136 137 138 139 140 ... 262 263
A post for thread bumping!
A post for thread bumping!
@ixris Our hatchery would love to be an affiliate with you! Here's the link to it: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/2184811][img]https://image.ibb.co/jYpXi5/Aetherwood_Hatchery.png[/img][/url]
@ixris

Our hatchery would love to be an affiliate with you! Here's the link to it:

Aetherwood_Hatchery.png
wind.gif LEpJMnn.png
BT1N47G.png
OxagJgG.png
eTmFfQ7.png
a129Nss.png
v2PJF9u.png
J7D1quC.png
E3nmoMt.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
gzlHZ53.png
40lq9We.png
WKtl2lb.png
Face into the wind
Prepare to ride the currents
Rise into the sky
@FoxyCipher - I am super bad at doing any kind of bumping unless I have the energy to do so, so if you guys are cool with that, I am cool with trading banners. :)

A very pretty thread you have setting up! I'm looking forward to seeing what pairs you folks have. :)
@FoxyCipher - I am super bad at doing any kind of bumping unless I have the energy to do so, so if you guys are cool with that, I am cool with trading banners. :)

A very pretty thread you have setting up! I'm looking forward to seeing what pairs you folks have. :)
@Coorta - :D I'm super glad I could help you out!

Marmoset is such a cute name for a permahatchling. X3 I will have to check in on her later, but please do not feel unduly rushed. Real life is always way more important than the dragon economy. :) Happy writing, and feel free to pop in with any questions if they arise!
@Coorta - :D I'm super glad I could help you out!

Marmoset is such a cute name for a permahatchling. X3 I will have to check in on her later, but please do not feel unduly rushed. Real life is always way more important than the dragon economy. :) Happy writing, and feel free to pop in with any questions if they arise!
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/VSkKT44.gif[/img][/center]
VSkKT44.gif
hANn2C0.gif
@ixris

Could I be on the General pinglist? I can see myself buying too many hatchlings from you.
@ixris

Could I be on the General pinglist? I can see myself buying too many hatchlings from you.
tumblr_inline_ot7n31p9oq1soemy4_540.png

- +8 fr time
@Geckoe - You certainly may! :) Thanks for your interest!
@Geckoe - You certainly may! :) Thanks for your interest!
[b]General Pinglist[/b] - @ScarletVow @Naga @Mozie @raynefall @Kattchon @doglore @veinlily @Aloha @scar66 @LordMeikai @juncosongs @cheesecakewizard @jennycatmystique @SnowflakeQueen21 @Lytic @CatkinStarchild @Salathielly @NeveFox @Phyrne @ShadyRabbit @nappez @Velsim @zurikitty13 @MeraHunt @Limesparrow @Reyka @Mesuki @pyr0 @CelticFire21 @graphicmacaroon @Scriniarii @Whoviana @Weathering @Eulerian @Pyrouge @FrostHoshi @Mintiani @cometmebro @Aviose @CrazyassBat @browncoatparadox @EndaraMae @Starongie @HotGeometry @Geckoe @Kiradog234 @IceOtter @Quis @Rionach @Shadowedlullaby @OmegaDaDragon @queerprince - (the first two pearlies - "Sarriah" and "Hayworth") Two nests hatched today! It's a pearlie-palooza! :D Introducing you guys to some of my new(er) pairs, you'll recognize the first from my Earth Day hatch. I've officially listed both pairs that are hatching today, as well as a pair of studs (the dancer, Nibiru, and a musician, Bryant) who it would make sense to have more open relationships. [b]Question for the pinglist (or whomever) : [/b]I am considering including a link in hatchling bios to their sales post, since they include (sometimes) relevant lore to the time the kids hatch. Is this something you would be interested in seeing? It would delay their listing in the AH for a few minutes while I slap the link in their bios, but it would ensure any kid that gets bought has whatever relevant lore to their hatch day at the buyer's fingertips. Let me know how you feel about this. I know sometimes the kids go fast, so I don't want to curb your enthusiasm by making you wait, but I also want to make sure all the interested parties have access to as much of the lore as they want. :) And on that note, story time! Nothing so bloody and exciting as last time, but I did mention we were into some slower vignettes for a while as the lair gets reestablished. :) [quote]The seals had been broken, and the dust had settled, but there was so much work to do. As they were cleared to reenter their homes, each of the dragons took to inspecting their living and working spaces and making notes of the repairs that had to be made. Eldritch, Lightshow, and Tala made careful notes of the needs of each space. And at the end of several days, it became evident that there was no way the Citadel was safe for anyone. Another few months living under the oaks or worse - out in the scraped early lairs on the Shattered Plain. The very idea turned many of their stomachs. It had been a hard life for those who remembered it. Instead, a few dragons took vacations to the sea to fish with Shearwater, and others took a few weeks at a writer's retreat hosted by the 'resident' poet, Meadowtouch. Others pushed up their sleeves and got to work. Drusilla laid down runes throughout the broken halls to protect the workers. Setara wandered the ruins to ease any troubled spirits. Nibiru and Torch assisted the earth guardians with heavy lifting. Javor and Bordeaux saw to the orchards. And Sixten went on more than a few trips to neighboring clans to see if he could scare up much-needed resources and establish credit. There were a few clans that had escaped the notice of the Bleachbone Horde. Many, like Oakrest, had a natural distrust of strangers bordering on rudeness, but such behavior was natural to Six. And he returned with not only a few supplies, but a mystery as well. "Never seen the like," he said, passing it around the dragons who had gathered to see what he'd brought back from his recent trip. There was plenty of granite and wood, but there was also a small cabochon that seemed to emit an eerie purplish glow. "It has no haunting that I can detect. And if I can't find it..." He let the rest of the sentence unsaid, and many gathered were grateful he had. The number of times Six brought up his mother's condition - a condition he inherited - was enough to cause even the most patient dragons to roll their eyes. The first to inspect the item was Cortado, Six's mate. She turned the item over in her claws, pressing it against her flesh to feel the temperature and shape. Then she was off to her catalogues while others stood around shooting the breeze and eventually losing interest enough to return to their other tasks. But after a few days, Cortado admitted defeat. "I risked a gander at it," she said, scrubbing one hand over her scale-covered eyes. "I don't know anything about it." Six took the item next to Bo and Setara, both water dragons who spent a lot of time around books. Perhaps they knew something. But Bo was busy wrestling with the bookshelves and Setara was busy wrestling with the spirits that haunted the space. "You'll have to come back," Bo said. "Probably within the month." Disappointed, Six took to poking the object in broad view of the rest of the clan, hoping someone he hadn't asked yet would know what it was. It was Oddity, a perpetually curious pearlcatcher who had recently moved in as the resident doctor, who snatched the item up and started inspecting it anew. Six didn't stop him, but he hovered nearby, lest trouble start anew. "You ever see anything like this before?" Oddity asked Amund. He shoved the cabochon at him, and Amund took the item with great fluster. It was clear that Amund wanted to dismiss the item and return it, but as he opened his mouth, he hesitated. "I don't know what it's called," he said, "but I have seen this before. These are bad news." Six and Oddity looked at the item in awe. "We should probably get rid of it, then," Oddity said, reaching for it. Amund snatched it away. "You can't just 'get rid of' these things." He passed it back to Sixten. "Take it to one of your Stonetouched. One of them can probably get a reading off it or know what it is." Emboldened by their interest, the three tracked down Chandra, who was attempting to lay down a few stones to repair the floor of a corridor. She inspected the item for a long time, eventually drawing a deep breath of the air around it. "I'm fairly certain," she said, her voice distant and dreamlike, "it's a Weal Gem. Many dragons consider them bad luck." Amund stood a little straighter. "What are they?" Oddity asked. "Where do they come from?" "Strong ones - and you'll know when there's a strong one nearby - are said to be made from great mages making pacts with evil. They are rumored to open something inside a dragon, amplifying the magic they're able to cast a thousand fold. The more they're handled, the stronger they become." "Doesn't sound like bad luck at all," Six said. "Sounds pretty useful." "What happens to a dragon when it casts too much magic too soon?" Silence hung between them. "Nothing good," Chandra finished sharply. She passed the stone back to Six. "This one is small - likely just a fragment of a larger one. There's a darkness to it, but it probably won't harm you." Without further discussion, she returned to repairing the corridor, leaving the three dragons to stare at the cabochon in Six's claws. "What are you going to do with it?" Oddity asked. Six looked startled. "Do?" he yelped. "I don't want to do anything with it!" He looked back to it, running his claws along it. "I wonder if I could lose it in the desert or something." Amund narrowed his eyes at him. "That's a bit irresponsible," he said. "I mean, if Chandra's right and it's nothing big, fine. But what if it's bigger than she knows? And what if some beastclan or hatchling or something finds it?" Oddity raised an eyebrow. "Have you seen the desert outside?" he asked. "My point," Amund said, "is it's better to keep it under close watch. You know what they say about enemies - keep them closer than you keep friends." "I'm not keeping it," Six said. Amund put out his hand. "I didn't suggest you would. I'll have Vilma take a look at it, and I'll keep it safely under glass." Sixten looked at the skydancer skeptically, then carefully lay the stone in his hand. He felt guilty and bad handing it over, like he was signing a friend's death warrant. He felt the hole in his heart for a long beat, then breathed easier just for letting go of it. He looked at Amund, who was eyeing the stone like it was a snake. "Yeah," Amund said at length, "no one has any business with this thing." "You sure you want to keep it?" Oddity asked. "My god keeps many things unwanted by others. What better place to keep such horrors than within a shrine of ice?" "The earth?" Sixten suggested. "Many old things are best kept by the earth." "And on the next troubling thing you find, we may enter debate. This one, though, is a beauty and ought be kept exactly as I said - encased in glass and safe from those who know no better than to pick up every glittering thing they find."[/quote] Pair: [b]Sixten & Cortado[/b] - [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32971629] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/329717/32971629_350.png[/img] [/url] Female [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32971630] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/329717/32971630_350.png[/img] [/url] Male [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32971631] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/329717/32971631_350.png[/img] [/url] Male Pair: [b]Oddity & Vilma[/b] - [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32971655] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/329717/32971655_350.png[/img] [/url] Female [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32971656] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/329717/32971656_350.png[/img] [/url] Female [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32971657] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/329717/32971657_350.png[/img] [/url] Female That's everything for now! All info is on the main page. Please let me know if you need to be added or removed from a list. Thanks for taking a look! :)
General Pinglist - @ScarletVow @Naga @Mozie @raynefall @Kattchon @doglore @veinlily @Aloha @scar66 @LordMeikai @juncosongs @cheesecakewizard @jennycatmystique @SnowflakeQueen21 @Lytic @CatkinStarchild @Salathielly @NeveFox @Phyrne @ShadyRabbit @nappez @Velsim @zurikitty13 @MeraHunt @Limesparrow @Reyka @Mesuki @pyr0 @CelticFire21 @graphicmacaroon @Scriniarii @Whoviana @Weathering @Eulerian @Pyrouge @FrostHoshi @Mintiani @cometmebro @Aviose @CrazyassBat @browncoatparadox @EndaraMae @Starongie @HotGeometry @Geckoe @Kiradog234 @IceOtter @Quis @Rionach @Shadowedlullaby @OmegaDaDragon @queerprince - (the first two pearlies - "Sarriah" and "Hayworth")

Two nests hatched today! It's a pearlie-palooza! :D

Introducing you guys to some of my new(er) pairs, you'll recognize the first from my Earth Day hatch. I've officially listed both pairs that are hatching today, as well as a pair of studs (the dancer, Nibiru, and a musician, Bryant) who it would make sense to have more open relationships.

Question for the pinglist (or whomever) : I am considering including a link in hatchling bios to their sales post, since they include (sometimes) relevant lore to the time the kids hatch. Is this something you would be interested in seeing? It would delay their listing in the AH for a few minutes while I slap the link in their bios, but it would ensure any kid that gets bought has whatever relevant lore to their hatch day at the buyer's fingertips.

Let me know how you feel about this. I know sometimes the kids go fast, so I don't want to curb your enthusiasm by making you wait, but I also want to make sure all the interested parties have access to as much of the lore as they want. :)

And on that note, story time! Nothing so bloody and exciting as last time, but I did mention we were into some slower vignettes for a while as the lair gets reestablished. :)

Quote:
The seals had been broken, and the dust had settled, but there was so much work to do.

As they were cleared to reenter their homes, each of the dragons took to inspecting their living and working spaces and making notes of the repairs that had to be made. Eldritch, Lightshow, and Tala made careful notes of the needs of each space. And at the end of several days, it became evident that there was no way the Citadel was safe for anyone.

Another few months living under the oaks or worse - out in the scraped early lairs on the Shattered Plain. The very idea turned many of their stomachs. It had been a hard life for those who remembered it.

Instead, a few dragons took vacations to the sea to fish with Shearwater, and others took a few weeks at a writer's retreat hosted by the 'resident' poet, Meadowtouch. Others pushed up their sleeves and got to work.

Drusilla laid down runes throughout the broken halls to protect the workers. Setara wandered the ruins to ease any troubled spirits. Nibiru and Torch assisted the earth guardians with heavy lifting. Javor and Bordeaux saw to the orchards. And Sixten went on more than a few trips to neighboring clans to see if he could scare up much-needed resources and establish credit.

There were a few clans that had escaped the notice of the Bleachbone Horde. Many, like Oakrest, had a natural distrust of strangers bordering on rudeness, but such behavior was natural to Six. And he returned with not only a few supplies, but a mystery as well.

"Never seen the like," he said, passing it around the dragons who had gathered to see what he'd brought back from his recent trip. There was plenty of granite and wood, but there was also a small cabochon that seemed to emit an eerie purplish glow. "It has no haunting that I can detect. And if I can't find it..."

He let the rest of the sentence unsaid, and many gathered were grateful he had. The number of times Six brought up his mother's condition - a condition he inherited - was enough to cause even the most patient dragons to roll their eyes.

The first to inspect the item was Cortado, Six's mate. She turned the item over in her claws, pressing it against her flesh to feel the temperature and shape. Then she was off to her catalogues while others stood around shooting the breeze and eventually losing interest enough to return to their other tasks.

But after a few days, Cortado admitted defeat. "I risked a gander at it," she said, scrubbing one hand over her scale-covered eyes. "I don't know anything about it."

Six took the item next to Bo and Setara, both water dragons who spent a lot of time around books. Perhaps they knew something. But Bo was busy wrestling with the bookshelves and Setara was busy wrestling with the spirits that haunted the space.

"You'll have to come back," Bo said. "Probably within the month."

Disappointed, Six took to poking the object in broad view of the rest of the clan, hoping someone he hadn't asked yet would know what it was.

It was Oddity, a perpetually curious pearlcatcher who had recently moved in as the resident doctor, who snatched the item up and started inspecting it anew. Six didn't stop him, but he hovered nearby, lest trouble start anew.

"You ever see anything like this before?" Oddity asked Amund. He shoved the cabochon at him, and Amund took the item with great fluster.

It was clear that Amund wanted to dismiss the item and return it, but as he opened his mouth, he hesitated. "I don't know what it's called," he said, "but I have seen this before. These are bad news."

Six and Oddity looked at the item in awe. "We should probably get rid of it, then," Oddity said, reaching for it.

Amund snatched it away. "You can't just 'get rid of' these things." He passed it back to Sixten. "Take it to one of your Stonetouched. One of them can probably get a reading off it or know what it is."

Emboldened by their interest, the three tracked down Chandra, who was attempting to lay down a few stones to repair the floor of a corridor. She inspected the item for a long time, eventually drawing a deep breath of the air around it.

"I'm fairly certain," she said, her voice distant and dreamlike, "it's a Weal Gem. Many dragons consider them bad luck."

Amund stood a little straighter.

"What are they?" Oddity asked. "Where do they come from?"

"Strong ones - and you'll know when there's a strong one nearby - are said to be made from great mages making pacts with evil. They are rumored to open something inside a dragon, amplifying the magic they're able to cast a thousand fold. The more they're handled, the stronger they become."

"Doesn't sound like bad luck at all," Six said. "Sounds pretty useful."

"What happens to a dragon when it casts too much magic too soon?"

Silence hung between them.

"Nothing good," Chandra finished sharply. She passed the stone back to Six. "This one is small - likely just a fragment of a larger one. There's a darkness to it, but it probably won't harm you." Without further discussion, she returned to repairing the corridor, leaving the three dragons to stare at the cabochon in Six's claws.

"What are you going to do with it?" Oddity asked.

Six looked startled. "Do?" he yelped. "I don't want to do anything with it!" He looked back to it, running his claws along it. "I wonder if I could lose it in the desert or something."

Amund narrowed his eyes at him. "That's a bit irresponsible," he said. "I mean, if Chandra's right and it's nothing big, fine. But what if it's bigger than she knows? And what if some beastclan or hatchling or something finds it?"

Oddity raised an eyebrow. "Have you seen the desert outside?" he asked.

"My point," Amund said, "is it's better to keep it under close watch. You know what they say about enemies - keep them closer than you keep friends."

"I'm not keeping it," Six said.

Amund put out his hand. "I didn't suggest you would. I'll have Vilma take a look at it, and I'll keep it safely under glass."

Sixten looked at the skydancer skeptically, then carefully lay the stone in his hand. He felt guilty and bad handing it over, like he was signing a friend's death warrant. He felt the hole in his heart for a long beat, then breathed easier just for letting go of it.

He looked at Amund, who was eyeing the stone like it was a snake. "Yeah," Amund said at length, "no one has any business with this thing."

"You sure you want to keep it?" Oddity asked.

"My god keeps many things unwanted by others. What better place to keep such horrors than within a shrine of ice?"

"The earth?" Sixten suggested. "Many old things are best kept by the earth."

"And on the next troubling thing you find, we may enter debate. This one, though, is a beauty and ought be kept exactly as I said - encased in glass and safe from those who know no better than to pick up every glittering thing they find."

Pair: Sixten & Cortado -

32971629_350.png

Female

32971630_350.png

Male

32971631_350.png

Male

Pair: Oddity & Vilma -

32971655_350.png

Female

32971656_350.png

Female

32971657_350.png

Female

That's everything for now! All info is on the main page. Please let me know if you need to be added or removed from a list. Thanks for taking a look! :)
@ixris

Links! Links are good! :D I've often gone through pages of this thread looking for particular lore posts. xD;;
@ixris

Links! Links are good! :D I've often gone through pages of this thread looking for particular lore posts. xD;;
Ssnjyqq.pngGqCYo3Z.pngMjhcEqa.png0DjJJeq.pnggbzmCjn.pnggLKyC1J.pngC4p7R9l.pngV2CeOLQ.pngeQ6UJL0.png ICOy8Af.png
@Salathielly - Yeah, it's probably getting ridiculous, especially when I wind up chatting with people about stuff. *cough*you and eulerian*cough* I wasn't sure if that was something other people actually needed, though. Evidently at least one person does. XD;
@Salathielly - Yeah, it's probably getting ridiculous, especially when I wind up chatting with people about stuff. *cough*you and eulerian*cough* I wasn't sure if that was something other people actually needed, though. Evidently at least one person does. XD;
1 2 ... 136 137 138 139 140 ... 262 263