Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Steampunk Refresh
1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 62 63
[quote name="TehuMertt" date="2019-09-07 14:14:53" ] I do agree that there are some clipping problems and they most certainly need to be addressed as bugs and will hopefully get fixed. However, all the people complaining about the design come down to literally just personal opinions. The art has been upgraded, not downgraded, the artstyle in general is more fluent and more solid than the previous one. Yes, it looks flat which is a flaw and a fact, it should be used as constructive criticism to let the Staff know to perform better in the future. Personal taste, though, does not come ahead of facts. I am very sorry to hear that this update hecked up some people's dragons when it comes to wings but do understand that this site's art keeps being updated to match other sets more closely, the Steampunk sets have been outdated for quite some time. Constructive criticism is very important but posting personal opinions really does not help much here if you're gonna use your opinions to criticise art. Just please give it a few days and try out new outfits. If anything, colour and style consistency with everything except wings has been phenomenal. I sure am looking forward to the Egyptian sets revamp. Please give us kilts then [/quote] This isn't exactly just personal opinion as it is one of the very basic tenets of Steampunk style itself, to be handmade and older detailed materials. I honestly don't know why the idea to make it shiny new seems to mesh with people, since it isn't very entire-concept at that point. This does count as constructive criticism, if they were to remove the birdskulls from the birdskull set and make them primarily a different type of skull, it would be very similar to this. So given the basic concept tie in, I wouldn't call this criticism not valid. However, I do have more to say about this, that's a pressing issue. As for a criticism that is legitimate under that criteria, the coloring has not been consistent. The entire Copper set's baubles and goggles have been changed to the same blue as the Brass set's, while the other glows have stayed the same in every other set, giving us two of the same light blue glows and no green glow anymore at all.
TehuMertt wrote on 2019-09-07 14:14:53:
I do agree that there are some clipping problems and they most certainly need to be addressed as bugs and will hopefully get fixed. However, all the people complaining about the design come down to literally just personal opinions. The art has been upgraded, not downgraded, the artstyle in general is more fluent and more solid than the previous one. Yes, it looks flat which is a flaw and a fact, it should be used as constructive criticism to let the Staff know to perform better in the future. Personal taste, though, does not come ahead of facts. I am very sorry to hear that this update hecked up some people's dragons when it comes to wings but do understand that this site's art keeps being updated to match other sets more closely, the Steampunk sets have been outdated for quite some time.

Constructive criticism is very important but posting personal opinions really does not help much here if you're gonna use your opinions to criticise art. Just please give it a few days and try out new outfits. If anything, colour and style consistency with everything except wings has been phenomenal.

I sure am looking forward to the Egyptian sets revamp. Please give us kilts then

This isn't exactly just personal opinion as it is one of the very basic tenets of Steampunk style itself, to be handmade and older detailed materials. I honestly don't know why the idea to make it shiny new seems to mesh with people, since it isn't very entire-concept at that point.
This does count as constructive criticism, if they were to remove the birdskulls from the birdskull set and make them primarily a different type of skull, it would be very similar to this. So given the basic concept tie in, I wouldn't call this criticism not valid. However, I do have more to say about this, that's a pressing issue.

As for a criticism that is legitimate under that criteria, the coloring has not been consistent. The entire Copper set's baubles and goggles have been changed to the same blue as the Brass set's, while the other glows have stayed the same in every other set, giving us two of the same light blue glows and no green glow anymore at all.
oie.Pgg1_l68r_QDSN.png oie_q8_X06_TYk_S4g3.png
I like everything except for the wings. the old wing I liked better. but I'm sure I'll get used to it!
I like everything except for the wings. the old wing I liked better. but I'm sure I'll get used to it!
gcvQ5RD.pngEhggh4C.png7BtDqtJ.pngvcby9h2.png6pobcCR.pnghmRVTgp.png
Not sure how I feel on this one. On one hand the steampunk sets really needed an update, but on the other hand they changed the design itself which was unnecessary. Which is basically the same problem people have had with all the other updates to apparel. No one minds the art being updated, it's when it changes the colors and designs of apparel they use on their dragons that they get reasonably upset. I remember the round-horn update, and oh boy where people ticked at the changes to their horns. And that was an accent type of apparel, not even a full set.

Tbh all of the apparel updates have been a miss for me. I didn't really use them before because they looked old and clashed with newer apparel often. But I've also only ever used the new recolored flower apparel, not even the updated ones. Which to me says that I don't like them even with updates. Which can only mean that I dislike the design and colors since they no longer clash. Tbh I'm not excited for whenever antlers and birdskull stuff gets updated, because I've found all previous art updates "meh" to "I don't like it at all."
Not sure how I feel on this one. On one hand the steampunk sets really needed an update, but on the other hand they changed the design itself which was unnecessary. Which is basically the same problem people have had with all the other updates to apparel. No one minds the art being updated, it's when it changes the colors and designs of apparel they use on their dragons that they get reasonably upset. I remember the round-horn update, and oh boy where people ticked at the changes to their horns. And that was an accent type of apparel, not even a full set.

Tbh all of the apparel updates have been a miss for me. I didn't really use them before because they looked old and clashed with newer apparel often. But I've also only ever used the new recolored flower apparel, not even the updated ones. Which to me says that I don't like them even with updates. Which can only mean that I dislike the design and colors since they no longer clash. Tbh I'm not excited for whenever antlers and birdskull stuff gets updated, because I've found all previous art updates "meh" to "I don't like it at all."
Tin is so pretty, but I love the new art styles.
Tin is so pretty, but I love the new art styles.
Former Arcane dreamer
r7LsxK2.png
I for one love this redesign! The new set just looks... Fresher. Better. Cleaner. The steampunk set really did need that makeover, because steampunk is such a nice aesthetic, but the set was so old, it didn't really match newer apparel anymore, and it was hard to integrate to outfits! I'm lov Hoping for some more steampunk colors, and for a birdskull revamp next, tbh! [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40368644] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/403687/40368644_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/dressing/outfit/917498][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=48207660&skin=0&apparel=20836,20836,23032,6274,23292,12897,31589,23034,426,23033,388,23737,21838,437&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [s]Yes I love the white set a lot, don't @ me[/s][/center] I hope the clipping issues will be fixed, tho, I've seen some between wing & tail on male nocs and male PCs...
I for one love this redesign! The new set just looks... Fresher. Better. Cleaner.
The steampunk set really did need that makeover, because steampunk is such a nice aesthetic, but the set was so old, it didn't really match newer apparel anymore, and it was hard to integrate to outfits! I'm lov
Hoping for some more steampunk colors, and for a birdskull revamp next, tbh!

40368644_350.png

dragon?did=48207660&skin=0&apparel=20836,20836,23032,6274,23292,12897,31589,23034,426,23033,388,23737,21838,437&xt=dressing.png
Yes I love the white set a lot, don't @ me

I hope the clipping issues will be fixed, tho, I've seen some between wing & tail on male nocs and male PCs...
khqthzK.png _ Hatchery
Progen Lineage
Fodder Rescue
Sell me dragons
100 Hatchlings
_ B3xrNyB.png
Nice work!
Thank you staff!
Nice work!
Thank you staff!
I know no one likes negativity, but if I'm completely honest, I wish they would leave the old apparel sets alone... Not to say that this doesn't look nice for what it is, but that isn't the point. It's taking an already established apparel set and replacing it with something that, despite sharing the theme, looks completely different... When half the point of this game is dressing up dragons, I would much rather that the apparel I dress them in wouldn't be subjected to randomly changing.

I apologize if I sound irate here. I'm genuinely glad that a lot of people like this and I hope this set sees a lot of great use. It's just that, like others here, I'm disappointed that certain pieces of this set which I used on my dragons have completely changed in aesthetic, and this isn't the first time this has happened with old apparel sets getting replaced 'revamped'.

On one end I feel like shrugging and telling myself, "It's water on duck's wing, just modify the look of the dragons affected". No big deal. But on the other hand, there's something inherently frustrating about already existing apparel in a game largely about dressing things up getting replaced and then you have to find a work-around.
I know no one likes negativity, but if I'm completely honest, I wish they would leave the old apparel sets alone... Not to say that this doesn't look nice for what it is, but that isn't the point. It's taking an already established apparel set and replacing it with something that, despite sharing the theme, looks completely different... When half the point of this game is dressing up dragons, I would much rather that the apparel I dress them in wouldn't be subjected to randomly changing.

I apologize if I sound irate here. I'm genuinely glad that a lot of people like this and I hope this set sees a lot of great use. It's just that, like others here, I'm disappointed that certain pieces of this set which I used on my dragons have completely changed in aesthetic, and this isn't the first time this has happened with old apparel sets getting replaced 'revamped'.

On one end I feel like shrugging and telling myself, "It's water on duck's wing, just modify the look of the dragons affected". No big deal. But on the other hand, there's something inherently frustrating about already existing apparel in a game largely about dressing things up getting replaced and then you have to find a work-around.
pixel_icon___coffee_cup_by_moth_doll-dbl7qny.gif
-- --
[center][img]https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/029/223/cover2.jpg[/img][/center]
cover2.jpg
I like the new updates. :)
I like the new updates. :)
oh my salsa wait...Drake harvest was a year ago?!? It feels like it was last week?!
oh my salsa wait...Drake harvest was a year ago?!? It feels like it was last week?!
Untitled190-20221222153241.pngNuUmSzk.pngUntitled253-20230408112552.png
1 2 ... 45 46 47 48 49 ... 62 63