Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Reward Delivery Changes
1 2 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87
[quote name="Noctiferous" date="2019-05-06 10:43:27" ] Galore is absolutely gorgeous and I fully understand the need for something like this. However, I'm a bit worried that a week is a bit too short? I agree with other comments mentioning the possibility of doubling that or increasing it. I feel like there's plenty of times where active players may lose access to the internet or the site for a week-long period and could miss out on goodies that they deserve. [emoji=spiral sad size=2] [/quote]
Noctiferous wrote on 2019-05-06 10:43:27:
Galore is absolutely gorgeous and I fully understand the need for something like this.

However, I'm a bit worried that a week is a bit too short? I agree with other comments mentioning the possibility of doubling that or increasing it. I feel like there's plenty of times where active players may lose access to the internet or the site for a week-long period and could miss out on goodies that they deserve.
earthh5.png
I love Galore's design!
I love Galore's design!
"Here lies Scout. He rAN and dIEd."
ooo, shes hot
ooo, shes hot
Art Shop! We're Open!
A week is definitely too short. It should be 14 days, as real life emergencies can easily put someone out of reach of playing for more than 7 days. Perhaps FR could reconsider the time scale on this please?
A week is definitely too short. It should be 14 days, as real life emergencies can easily put someone out of reach of playing for more than 7 days. Perhaps FR could reconsider the time scale on this please?
[quote name="EndraPhoenix" date="2019-05-10 14:10:58" ] [quote name="DexDA" date="2019-05-10 06:26:10" ] Galore looks really cool! I do think that the pick up window should be maybe 2 weeks as others have suggested. Edit: I read some of the bickering above me, and I have to say.. why would you be worried about a simple item?.. an apparel?.. etc,, If you've gotten into an accident, why would you be sad about a virtual item? You should not be thinking about this game as your whole life, and limited items are limited for a reason! Inactive players are more a burden than anything, lets be honest here. Sending things to thousands of player inventories will stress the hell out of every server & system, and it's dumb to do that when some are inactive as well. On top of that, you have had to keep your dragons fed at all times to get those sweet bonuses. Why is a limited, event item any different and such a big deal? [/quote] I feel you're completely missing my point, you not-so-subtly call out my post with insults. Makes you come off as incredibly aggressive but whatever to each their own. The point I was trying to make is that FR -while a virtual pixel pet game- is still an escape for people. Whether it be from a crappy day, a crappy job, or a crappy life. I've gotten on FR as a way of getting away from awful IRL things, mostly with how my family treats me at times and not having any true means of getting away. So yes, if I got into an accident, I would want to get to on FR to calm my nerves as it's done so in the past. It may seem like a "Stupid virtual item" to worry about but others and I see it differently, a bit more. Seriously, calling inactive people a burden? Pal some of those people could be injured or sick or other serious reasons as to why they left. It's not going to hurt to think about others and their situations and why this stuff is kind of important to them, let alone why they ended up leaving in the first place. And any of those inactive people could become active any day, in fact someone not too long ago re-joined after [i]4 years of inactivity and are more active now[/i]. But yeah I'm sure they're just a burden and it's stupid to give them anything during events of celebration on-site that they may have unintentionally missed due to real issues. And there is a bit of a difference between an those items, you said it yourself! A [b]limited[/b], exclusive, anniversary item, is very different than a near insignificant bonus that you get for feeding your dragons every other day. Anyways, [b][i]I'm just not going to respond here anymore (not to argue anyways) so don't ping me or "subtly" call out my posts.[/i][/b] Have a good day~ [/quote] I did not only mean your post. It was all of the posts talking about real life issues and how they wouldn't get that item. And I don't mean to be aggressive. And I don't mean that "injured people are a burden", not at all, you know that I'm talking about inactive accounts, that have logged in once or twice and never again, they still would get those items. It's just stupid and dumb to worry over an item, even if it is limited and especially when you have something more important to take care of, like yourself. Besides it isn't the sites job to baby you. Would you rather the site go down every single time there's an item to send for who knows how long, or that the site would run smoothly and you could just pick the item up from this one spot. It's like pinkerton's pile. You miss it once and you wouldn't get as many items as you could get.
EndraPhoenix wrote on 2019-05-10 14:10:58:
DexDA wrote on 2019-05-10 06:26:10:
Galore looks really cool! I do think that the pick up window should be maybe 2 weeks as others have suggested.

Edit: I read some of the bickering above me, and I have to say.. why would you be worried about a simple item?.. an apparel?.. etc,,
If you've gotten into an accident, why would you be sad about a virtual item? You should not be thinking about this game as your whole life, and limited items are limited for a reason! Inactive players are more a burden than anything, lets be honest here. Sending things to thousands of player inventories will stress the hell out of every server & system, and it's dumb to do that when some are inactive as well.
On top of that, you have had to keep your dragons fed at all times to get those sweet bonuses. Why is a limited, event item any different and such a big deal?
I feel you're completely missing my point, you not-so-subtly call out my post with insults. Makes you come off as incredibly aggressive but whatever to each their own.

The point I was trying to make is that FR -while a virtual pixel pet game- is still an escape for people. Whether it be from a crappy day, a crappy job, or a crappy life.
I've gotten on FR as a way of getting away from awful IRL things, mostly with how my family treats me at times and not having any true means of getting away.
So yes, if I got into an accident, I would want to get to on FR to calm my nerves as it's done so in the past. It may seem like a "Stupid virtual item" to worry about but others and I see it differently, a bit more.

Seriously, calling inactive people a burden? Pal some of those people could be injured or sick or other serious reasons as to why they left.
It's not going to hurt to think about others and their situations and why this stuff is kind of important to them, let alone why they ended up leaving in the first place.
And any of those inactive people could become active any day, in fact someone not too long ago re-joined after 4 years of inactivity and are more active now.
But yeah I'm sure they're just a burden and it's stupid to give them anything during events of celebration on-site that they may have unintentionally missed due to real issues.

And there is a bit of a difference between an those items, you said it yourself! A limited, exclusive, anniversary item, is very different than a near insignificant bonus that you get for feeding your dragons every other day.

Anyways, I'm just not going to respond here anymore (not to argue anyways) so don't ping me or "subtly" call out my posts.

Have a good day~

I did not only mean your post. It was all of the posts talking about real life issues and how they wouldn't get that item. And I don't mean to be aggressive. And I don't mean that "injured people are a burden", not at all, you know that I'm talking about inactive accounts, that have logged in once or twice and never again, they still would get those items. It's just stupid and dumb to worry over an item, even if it is limited and especially when you have something more important to take care of, like yourself. Besides it isn't the sites job to baby you. Would you rather the site go down every single time there's an item to send for who knows how long, or that the site would run smoothly and you could just pick the item up from this one spot. It's like pinkerton's pile. You miss it once and you wouldn't get as many items as you could get.
unknown.png
Plus to everyone else, yknow.. Sending items to inactive accounts, as said in the post, causes massive amounts of lag in the servers! And Inactive accounts add to that you guys. It's not rocket science to see why I'd call it a "burden".
Plus to everyone else, yknow.. Sending items to inactive accounts, as said in the post, causes massive amounts of lag in the servers! And Inactive accounts add to that you guys. It's not rocket science to see why I'd call it a "burden".
unknown.png
the dragon is nice but the execution going on here? it ain't it, chief.
the dragon is nice but the execution going on here? it ain't it, chief.
available 9:00 - 19:00 server time
I very much look forward to the addition of Galore to the site. This sounds like a great and well thought out plan. Also, as many others have said, love Galore's look.
I very much look forward to the addition of Galore to the site. This sounds like a great and well thought out plan. Also, as many others have said, love Galore's look.
This makes so much sense! I love the idea. I just wonder if there's a way for people with extended planned hiatus' to still acquire the item if they are inactive during the entire available time AND log this before hand? I've sometimes needed to be away for 1-2 months and it would be frustrating to not be around during special events.
This makes so much sense! I love the idea. I just wonder if there's a way for people with extended planned hiatus' to still acquire the item if they are inactive during the entire available time AND log this before hand? I've sometimes needed to be away for 1-2 months and it would be frustrating to not be around during special events.
e0e5fe8bc5e2eb71e48268d844d1053a183e4251.gif
This sounds really cool and useful! Thank you flightrising team for all that you do! [emoji=tundra love size=2]
This sounds really cool and useful! Thank you flightrising team for all that you do!
1 2 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87