Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne 2018
1 2 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 88 89
It'd be great if they cycle out the old stuff from 3 years ago... Really annoying if you open a chest and there's an old piece of apparel in it 3 times in a row :/
It'd be great if they cycle out the old stuff from 3 years ago... Really annoying if you open a chest and there's an old piece of apparel in it 3 times in a row :/
icefull.png
So many nocturne eggs...
lair expansions so expensive...
is this even a good thing XD
So many nocturne eggs...
lair expansions so expensive...
is this even a good thing XD
MZeTqmO.png

he/him
It seems like the NotN is finally stabilising.

It started off with the living chests, the holiday bears and the mimic bears. This was an awesome way to let us catch up with the familiars we missed during the year, and I loved it.

As more familiars were added over the years, we all came to realise we got too many bears. Staff made a good move with the "move the bears" poll, and we, the players, agreed. It has worked out nicely since, and NotN is filled with exciting content.

In the beginning the chests were too common and contained more food than good stuff. Staff quickly realised it, and now we have fewer chests, with guaranteed good loot. And the newest items are supposedly more comon than older items, though it is really hard to notice because we have very many old items. However, there is always someone who gets a lot of the new items, and a lot who has a hoard full of old items to trade for the new.

Chests grew a little too rare, but with the addition of NotN drops from common enemies along with Swipp's trades makes unlucky farming time worth the effort. This is an important change, at least to me. This has always been a great event, and I'm glad to see how it has matured.
It seems like the NotN is finally stabilising.

It started off with the living chests, the holiday bears and the mimic bears. This was an awesome way to let us catch up with the familiars we missed during the year, and I loved it.

As more familiars were added over the years, we all came to realise we got too many bears. Staff made a good move with the "move the bears" poll, and we, the players, agreed. It has worked out nicely since, and NotN is filled with exciting content.

In the beginning the chests were too common and contained more food than good stuff. Staff quickly realised it, and now we have fewer chests, with guaranteed good loot. And the newest items are supposedly more comon than older items, though it is really hard to notice because we have very many old items. However, there is always someone who gets a lot of the new items, and a lot who has a hoard full of old items to trade for the new.

Chests grew a little too rare, but with the addition of NotN drops from common enemies along with Swipp's trades makes unlucky farming time worth the effort. This is an important change, at least to me. This has always been a great event, and I'm glad to see how it has matured.
Need more den tasks and den gem slots. Too many pretty dragons and I'm all maxed out. I have a dragon hoarding problem.
@TheOakWoods feel free to tell me if you want to trade said eggs for other NotN items ;)

edit: you will feel even worse after having bought all lair expansions and still have no space, hahahahaaaaa.....
@TheOakWoods feel free to tell me if you want to trade said eggs for other NotN items ;)

edit: you will feel even worse after having bought all lair expansions and still have no space, hahahahaaaaa.....
Need more den tasks and den gem slots. Too many pretty dragons and I'm all maxed out. I have a dragon hoarding problem.
Goodbye NOTN. You were disappointing as hell, so kinda glad you ended. But also kinda sad. Hopefully next year you will be managed MUCH better.
Goodbye NOTN. You were disappointing as hell, so kinda glad you ended. But also kinda sad. Hopefully next year you will be managed MUCH better.
WBsJuD1.pngiQrvnPv.pngfvfrO0T.pngg2TOb2t.pngzy5WGDV.png
rip notn.. i didnt get anything really notable
rip notn.. i didnt get anything really notable
tumblr_ogz3ohToxS1rravn7o4_500.png
Thank you NOTN, see ya back in 11 months!
Thank you NOTN, see ya back in 11 months!
plagueanim1.gif
FR+9 | cQS6PnX.png | german
FObX7rS.png
- No voice to cry suffering. -
No random friend requests
_______
__
f44Zu0R.gif

Hope everyone had a nice NotN! Though I wasn't able to farm/grind as much this year compared to previous years, I was able to get the new apparel and familiars, and a noc egg+scroll :D The chests were giving me rubbish, so I mainly traded them around at first to get all of the new items, but started selling them on the AH once I had those - I turned quite a substantial gem profit with those! I never sold them in the previous years, and so glad I decided to this year.

Anyway, going forward, I really hope that next year, the older items will be filtered from the newer ones, as there were just too many things that could come from the chests, resulting in the rubbish I was getting. I gave up trying to trade them after a bit, and am simply giving them away at this point. Maybe only keep the last 2 years in chest circulation, and make the others available from Joxar by trading in the Mimic Powder or something? Don't make the trades/purchase of chest too hard and keep them relatively easy so that they don't become a nightmare to still get for those that want them, but they'd be out of other players' faces. Maybe make a Joxar-exclusive NotN chest that houses all of the older items that won't be in the Strange Chests, and will still randomly award items like those chests, but from a different pool? Obviously, keep the Noc eggs/scrolls in both distribution methods. I don't know, just a way to make it easier to get the newer items instead of getting flooded with old (the rates did NOT feel like they were in favor of new items at all this year.) I know that was a bit wordy, but I hope it made sense.
Hope everyone had a nice NotN! Though I wasn't able to farm/grind as much this year compared to previous years, I was able to get the new apparel and familiars, and a noc egg+scroll :D The chests were giving me rubbish, so I mainly traded them around at first to get all of the new items, but started selling them on the AH once I had those - I turned quite a substantial gem profit with those! I never sold them in the previous years, and so glad I decided to this year.

Anyway, going forward, I really hope that next year, the older items will be filtered from the newer ones, as there were just too many things that could come from the chests, resulting in the rubbish I was getting. I gave up trying to trade them after a bit, and am simply giving them away at this point. Maybe only keep the last 2 years in chest circulation, and make the others available from Joxar by trading in the Mimic Powder or something? Don't make the trades/purchase of chest too hard and keep them relatively easy so that they don't become a nightmare to still get for those that want them, but they'd be out of other players' faces. Maybe make a Joxar-exclusive NotN chest that houses all of the older items that won't be in the Strange Chests, and will still randomly award items like those chests, but from a different pool? Obviously, keep the Noc eggs/scrolls in both distribution methods. I don't know, just a way to make it easier to get the newer items instead of getting flooded with old (the rates did NOT feel like they were in favor of new items at all this year.) I know that was a bit wordy, but I hope it made sense.
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!
Please please PLEASE get rid of the previous year's items next time.... I got the same, recycled familiars and outfits this year. pretty terrible tbh. or at least do something like joxar's where there's a chest within a chest - you open a strange chest, there's a new item in it, and there's a chance for an item that's 'get a fam/outfit piece from previous years' type of thing. i only ever really log on for festivals and events, and when its so SO hard to get the new items, it's really not fun at all
Please please PLEASE get rid of the previous year's items next time.... I got the same, recycled familiars and outfits this year. pretty terrible tbh. or at least do something like joxar's where there's a chest within a chest - you open a strange chest, there's a new item in it, and there's a chance for an item that's 'get a fam/outfit piece from previous years' type of thing. i only ever really log on for festivals and events, and when its so SO hard to get the new items, it's really not fun at all
[quote name="@ElvenArtist" date="2019-01-04 21:09:34" ] This is the first NotN I've ever [b]had to purchase the majority of the new Strange Chest items[/b]; 6/7 apparel items and nearly half of the familiars. [b]For an event I shouldn't have to worry about, I've done a lot of worrying[/b], which has taken enjoyment out of both Christmas and my family's first out-of-state vacation in almost 3-4 years. [b]I shouldn't have to toil over the Coli over any free moment I have and hope I get a shot at GETTING A CHEST[/b], let alone getting the new fams and apparel set. NotN is one of my favorite FR events; it's produced some of the best apparel and familiars, imo, and has always been a blast to partake in (even if it gets a little stressful). The artists really outdid themselves this year too! But the loot pool's size combined with the chests' low droprate and the inclusion of chests in the droptables of all other non-mimic enemies has set this year's iteration up for failure, at least for me. [b]And with complete silence on the end of developers aside from the Twitter poll event, I feel that myself and others have been left feeling drained[/b]. And for those itching to reply or quote me saying "well, I had good luck so it's fine the way it is" -- I understand, and I'm glad you've had good luck, but enough people have raised criticism consistently that it seems that too many have had terrible luck with the current statistics in place. Criticism is warranted at this point. I wish I could say more about how upset I am with this year's NotN and how it was handled, but I know some of my comments might infringe on a policy or two. I'll just leave it at this: [b]I hope that when NotN ends, the staff and community won't just brush this under the rug with a gene release or site update like Lair Tabs[/b]. I hope we get some sort of poll or response that lets us voice how we feel about 2018 NotN; I want to know someone's listening. [/quote] [color=#006ab8]Oh boy, I 100% agree with everything you've said, especially what I've bolded! NotN was supposed to be the most relaxed event, and instead became the most stressful. I also had to toil away any free time in hopes of getting a chest, most of which had old items in them :/ I know both of my sisters had to basically buy all of the familiars, as they just weren't coming from the chests. And I really feel for those that couldn't coli grind, as that was the only real way to get chests. And the complete silence from the staff is consistent with the [i]"don't hold your breath on us doing anything about it anytime soon"[/i] practice that has taken hold as of late, which is a shame. I already know they're gonna just pretend it's all 100% fine and release some other content to overshadow people's criticisms and qualms with this (exactly what was done with the whole Eye Anniversary fiasco; I'm [i]still [/i]super salty about that!) It's not like the community is just being outright entitled or pointlessly negative; they have some real constructive criticism that should be taken into account that could really help make this event something that everyone can enjoy and make the most of. Anyway, I don't hate this event despite my criticisms; I actually thoroughly enjoy it and find it the best this site has to offer, as the apparel and familiars are always amazing, it's just that it could be handled much better after 5 years...
@ElvenArtist wrote on 2019-01-04 21:09:34:
This is the first NotN I've ever had to purchase the majority of the new Strange Chest items; 6/7 apparel items and nearly half of the familiars. For an event I shouldn't have to worry about, I've done a lot of worrying, which has taken enjoyment out of both Christmas and my family's first out-of-state vacation in almost 3-4 years. I shouldn't have to toil over the Coli over any free moment I have and hope I get a shot at GETTING A CHEST, let alone getting the new fams and apparel set.

NotN is one of my favorite FR events; it's produced some of the best apparel and familiars, imo, and has always been a blast to partake in (even if it gets a little stressful). The artists really outdid themselves this year too! But the loot pool's size combined with the chests' low droprate and the inclusion of chests in the droptables of all other non-mimic enemies has set this year's iteration up for failure, at least for me. And with complete silence on the end of developers aside from the Twitter poll event, I feel that myself and others have been left feeling drained.

And for those itching to reply or quote me saying "well, I had good luck so it's fine the way it is" -- I understand, and I'm glad you've had good luck, but enough people have raised criticism consistently that it seems that too many have had terrible luck with the current statistics in place. Criticism is warranted at this point.

I wish I could say more about how upset I am with this year's NotN and how it was handled, but I know some of my comments might infringe on a policy or two. I'll just leave it at this: I hope that when NotN ends, the staff and community won't just brush this under the rug with a gene release or site update like Lair Tabs. I hope we get some sort of poll or response that lets us voice how we feel about 2018 NotN; I want to know someone's listening.
Oh boy, I 100% agree with everything you've said, especially what I've bolded! NotN was supposed to be the most relaxed event, and instead became the most stressful. I also had to toil away any free time in hopes of getting a chest, most of which had old items in them :/ I know both of my sisters had to basically buy all of the familiars, as they just weren't coming from the chests. And I really feel for those that couldn't coli grind, as that was the only real way to get chests.

And the complete silence from the staff is consistent with the "don't hold your breath on us doing anything about it anytime soon" practice that has taken hold as of late, which is a shame. I already know they're gonna just pretend it's all 100% fine and release some other content to overshadow people's criticisms and qualms with this (exactly what was done with the whole Eye Anniversary fiasco; I'm still super salty about that!) It's not like the community is just being outright entitled or pointlessly negative; they have some real constructive criticism that should be taken into account that could really help make this event something that everyone can enjoy and make the most of.

Anyway, I don't hate this event despite my criticisms; I actually thoroughly enjoy it and find it the best this site has to offer, as the apparel and familiars are always amazing, it's just that it could be handled much better after 5 years...
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!