Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Mod Applications, New Familiars
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17
[center][img]http://flightrising.com/dropbox/fri_6_28_02.png[/img][/center] [b][u]Calling All Mods![/u][/b] The development team is looking for a few experienced, friendly, knowledgeable [i]Flight Rising [/i]players to take up a forum vista and help out the FR community. These are volunteer positions, and duties would include answering questions, moving threads to appropriate sub-forums, locking duplicate threads, and reporting issues to the administration and moderator team. Moderators must possess an extremely cool-headed objective demeanor, protect the interests and concerns of all players, and overall enjoy being a community figure and role model. [center][b][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=ann&id=189641&p=mb]Click here to read more.[/url][/b][/center] [more] If you think that this type of role would suit you, please send an e-mail to [b]admin@flightrising.com[/b] with the subject "Moderator Application: [i]Username[/i]" and contain the following information in your message body: [b]Required Info:[/b] [LIST] [*]Flight Rising Username [*]Flight Rising Email Address [*]# Of Years with familiarity of pet sites, forum moderation, or both [*]Flight Rising forum you think you'd be best suited to [*]You must be over 18. [/LIST] [b]Recommended Inclusions:[/b] [LIST] [*]Links to applicable FR threads in which you participated in a moderation/mentor/helpful role [*]Links to applicable threads from other pet sites in which you participated in a moderation/mentor/helpful role [*]Any other experience/skills that may be relevant [/LIST] -------------- [b][u]New Familiars[/u][/b] New critters (sponsored by Kickstarter Backer Larthan) have been added to the [b][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=market&tab=fam&type=0]Treasure Marketplace[/url][/b]. You'll be able to adopt the...uh... "lovable" [b]Salve Kamaitachi, Scythe Kamaitachi[/b] and [b]Sickle Kamaitachi[/b]. We've also heard rumblings that they've been seen darting in and out of reed clusters in an undiscovered location... [center][item=Salve Kamaitachi] [item=Scythe Kamaitachi] [item=Sickle Kamaitachi][/center] Just don't get too close. They literally have [i]BLADES INSTEAD OF PAWS.[/i] ---------- [b][u]Fairgrounds Bonus Treasure[/u][/b] We have been crunching some numbers on Fairgrounds treasure output for the past few days, and have made the following changes to bring [b]bonus treasure[/b] amounts in-line with one another: [LIST] [*][i]Runestones of the Arcanist[/i] has had its bonus treasure output [b]increased by 40%[/b] [*][i]Runestones of the Arcanist's[/i] levels beyond 13 have had their [b]time bonuses increased to account for the lower starting time[/b]. [*][i]Jigsaw (Medium)[/i] has had its bonus treasure output [b]increased by 40%[/b] [*][i]Jigsaw (Hard)[/i] has had its bonus treasure output [b]increased by 20%[/b] [/LIST] ------------ [b][u]Additional Adjustments[/u][/b] [LIST] [*]A bug that would rarely add an extra digit to players' [i]Runestones of the Arcanist[/i] scores has been fixed. [*]A bug that would duplicate the High Scores display for [i]Runestones of the Arcanist[/i] has been fixed. [*]The drifting mechanism for [i]Jigsaw [/i]pieces has been adjusted to be more manageable. [*]Based on player feedback (thank you!), [b]we are currently dedicating development time to significantly increasing the play space for [i]Jigsaw[/i][/b]. While this may change, our current plan is to move the left-side navigation menu to display along the top of the page, and stretch the Jigsaw board to encompass the entire width of the site's live area. We do not have an ETA just yet on this renovation, but it is absolutely in the works. [*]Immaculate tablet drop rates in the coliseum have been buffed for the remainder of the holiday. [*]The 'Like' button on forum posts is once again functional. [/LIST] Thank you all for being an [b]amazing [/b]community -- we hope you have a great day!
fri_6_28_02.png

Calling All Mods!

The development team is looking for a few experienced, friendly, knowledgeable Flight Rising players to take up a forum vista and help out the FR community. These are volunteer positions, and duties would include answering questions, moving threads to appropriate sub-forums, locking duplicate threads, and reporting issues to the administration and moderator team. Moderators must possess an extremely cool-headed objective demeanor, protect the interests and concerns of all players, and overall enjoy being a community figure and role model.

If you think that this type of role would suit you, please send an e-mail to admin@flightrising.com with the subject "Moderator Application: Username" and contain the following information in your message body:

Required Info:
  • Flight Rising Username
  • Flight Rising Email Address
  • # Of Years with familiarity of pet sites, forum moderation, or both
  • Flight Rising forum you think you'd be best suited to
  • You must be over 18.

Recommended Inclusions:
  • Links to applicable FR threads in which you participated in a moderation/mentor/helpful role
  • Links to applicable threads from other pet sites in which you participated in a moderation/mentor/helpful role
  • Any other experience/skills that may be relevant

New Familiars

New critters (sponsored by Kickstarter Backer Larthan) have been added to the Treasure Marketplace. You'll be able to adopt the...uh... "lovable" Salve Kamaitachi, Scythe Kamaitachi and Sickle Kamaitachi. We've also heard rumblings that they've been seen darting in and out of reed clusters in an undiscovered location...

Salve Kamaitachi Scythe Kamaitachi Sickle Kamaitachi

Just don't get too close. They literally have BLADES INSTEAD OF PAWS.

Fairgrounds Bonus Treasure

We have been crunching some numbers on Fairgrounds treasure output for the past few days, and have made the following changes to bring bonus treasure amounts in-line with one another:
  • Runestones of the Arcanist has had its bonus treasure output increased by 40%
  • Runestones of the Arcanist's levels beyond 13 have had their time bonuses increased to account for the lower starting time.
  • Jigsaw (Medium) has had its bonus treasure output increased by 40%
  • Jigsaw (Hard) has had its bonus treasure output increased by 20%

Additional Adjustments
  • A bug that would rarely add an extra digit to players' Runestones of the Arcanist scores has been fixed.
  • A bug that would duplicate the High Scores display for Runestones of the Arcanist has been fixed.
  • The drifting mechanism for Jigsaw pieces has been adjusted to be more manageable.
  • Based on player feedback (thank you!), we are currently dedicating development time to significantly increasing the play space for Jigsaw. While this may change, our current plan is to move the left-side navigation menu to display along the top of the page, and stretch the Jigsaw board to encompass the entire width of the site's live area. We do not have an ETA just yet on this renovation, but it is absolutely in the works.
  • Immaculate tablet drop rates in the coliseum have been buffed for the remainder of the holiday.
  • The 'Like' button on forum posts is once again functional.

Thank you all for being an amazing community -- we hope you have a great day!
Flight Rising Developer
Project Management | Engineering Team Cheerleader | UI Designer
Oh, wow! Awesome familiars~ *o* I'm gonna go hunt me down a Scythe Kamaitachi of my own!

Thanks for your hard work. *bows*
Oh, wow! Awesome familiars~ *o* I'm gonna go hunt me down a Scythe Kamaitachi of my own!

Thanks for your hard work. *bows*
Oh gee, just after I make my huge wall of text post about runestone earnings after level 13, haha ;;;

Those new familiars are adorable, by the way. /want!
Oh gee, just after I make my huge wall of text post about runestone earnings after level 13, haha ;;;

Those new familiars are adorable, by the way. /want!
Oh those familiars are awesome looking I think I need those.

And the treasure boosts are awesome, thank you. I can't wait for the space adjustments as well.
Oh those familiars are awesome looking I think I need those.

And the treasure boosts are awesome, thank you. I can't wait for the space adjustments as well.
Thanks so much for the updates! Love those new familiars, and I'm psyched about the increase in the bonus treasure. XD My little sister has been annoyed with the drifting mechanism from the Jigsaw, so hopefully with the adjustment it would be better for her.

You guys are awesome <3 As much as I would like to go for the mod role, I&#039;m afraid that school is going to hinder me from that. Good luck to the applicants!
Thanks so much for the updates! Love those new familiars, and I&#039;m psyched about the increase in the bonus treasure. XD My little sister has been annoyed with the drifting mechanism from the Jigsaw, so hopefully with the adjustment it would be better for her.

You guys are awesome <3 As much as I would like to go for the mod role, I&#039;m afraid that school is going to hinder me from that. Good luck to the applicants!
m16OKP.jpeg
I could totally be a moderator, hold my beer.
I could totally be a moderator, hold my beer.
The new familiars look so cool! I definitely want one!
The new familiars look so cool! I definitely want one!

Amazing news across the board and really cute familiars - can&#039;t wait to find a few to take to my lair!

And yes, please, THANK YOU on working on increasing the jigsaw puzzle playspace, that&#039;ll make it an even better game!
Amazing news across the board and really cute familiars - can&#039;t wait to find a few to take to my lair!

And yes, please, THANK YOU on working on increasing the jigsaw puzzle playspace, that&#039;ll make it an even better game!
vvgWY51.png VruE4yh.png
thank YOU guys for all the terrific work! i hope you get some applications soon, you need all the help you can get!
thank YOU guys for all the terrific work! i hope you get some applications soon, you need all the help you can get!
Have the artists&#039; hands fallen off yet? No? They probably will... soon...
Have the artists&#039; hands fallen off yet? No? They probably will... soon...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17