Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 7th Anniversary: Dragon Profile Revamp
1 2 ... 175 176 177 178 179 ... 212 213
[quote]Why are the Scenes only equippable to one dragon?[/quote] @Crystaril a) They're like Apparel, in that they can be put on and off and b) The site needed a new treasure sink
Quote:
Why are the Scenes only equippable to one dragon?

@Crystaril

a) They're like Apparel, in that they can be put on and off and
b) The site needed a new treasure sink
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
holy moly!!!!!!!! thank you for all your hard work staff!!!!!!!!
holy moly!!!!!!!! thank you for all your hard work staff!!!!!!!!
veMgcv7.png
8LK5YR3.png
rL0Qph5.gifore
he/him
FR+2
_______B4E8l.gif _____
This is amazing!! Happy FR Anniversary!

I took a bit of a hiatus from FR but have recently been dabbling back into it what with quarantine and all. This is the perfect update to come back to! LOVE the profile revamp, scenes and vistas, and familiar naming yessss

Wonderful job team!
This is amazing!! Happy FR Anniversary!

I took a bit of a hiatus from FR but have recently been dabbling back into it what with quarantine and all. This is the perfect update to come back to! LOVE the profile revamp, scenes and vistas, and familiar naming yessss

Wonderful job team!
z3FSuck.png
fkWjutW.png
rix3ppo.png
5hF3FGk.png
xj6Mn2e.png
5klLPDf.png
___
Been holding off from the forums all day to take in the update w/o outside opinions, but after letting it sink in I'm just... underwhelmed? I love the scenes, the ability to name familiars, and the overall streamlining of things graphically, but the layout has yet to grow on me. I figured it'd be hard to get used to, but the flow of things doesn't feel right. At least the lair update made some sense in terms of visual decisions. The arrangement prioritizes things like the energy bar and bonding bar that just don't need to be so prominent versus details like breed/color/level/etc. The layout feels cluttered, especially with the size and amount of buttons, bars, and the [i]exceptionally[/i] gigantic arrows. I'd much prefer the dragon and familiar be the only primary focus, and have everything else underneath. I think my main issue is the sizing of things. Things that don't need to be huge, are, and more important things are super teenie tiny. Hopefully the design grows on me, or perhaps we'll see some change after reviewing community suggestions. Otherwise, this has been a very lukewarm update. Edit: this mockup is pretty nice! [quote name="RetroJackal" date="2020-06-08 17:04:43" ] [size=4]Added my own mock ups inspired by some great ones players have been making over here on the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2871101][b]suggestions forum[/b][/url]. I believe the suggestions forums are where they would prefer us to offer potential improvements.[/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/bAT1hzd.png[/img] [/quote]
Been holding off from the forums all day to take in the update w/o outside opinions, but after letting it sink in I'm just... underwhelmed?

I love the scenes, the ability to name familiars, and the overall streamlining of things graphically, but the layout has yet to grow on me. I figured it'd be hard to get used to, but the flow of things doesn't feel right. At least the lair update made some sense in terms of visual decisions.

The arrangement prioritizes things like the energy bar and bonding bar that just don't need to be so prominent versus details like breed/color/level/etc. The layout feels cluttered, especially with the size and amount of buttons, bars, and the exceptionally gigantic arrows. I'd much prefer the dragon and familiar be the only primary focus, and have everything else underneath.

I think my main issue is the sizing of things. Things that don't need to be huge, are, and more important things are super teenie tiny.

Hopefully the design grows on me, or perhaps we'll see some change after reviewing community suggestions. Otherwise, this has been a very lukewarm update.

Edit: this mockup is pretty nice!
RetroJackal wrote on 2020-06-08 17:04:43:
Added my own mock ups inspired by some great ones players have been making over here on the suggestions forum. I believe the suggestions forums are where they would prefer us to offer potential improvements.

bAT1hzd.png

3 hours ahead of FR time
Is there a way we can view the dragons we've liked?
Is there a way we can view the dragons we've liked?
Shrapnarl-1.png
>> bug (he/him)
>> FR -1
>> hatchery
Thank you very much for all the hard work! :) Love almost everything, and i think the bits i'm unsure of will end up being positives once i get used to them.
Thank you very much for all the hard work! :) Love almost everything, and i think the bits i'm unsure of will end up being positives once i get used to them.
Happy Anniversary Flight Rising! I've been on here for a long while and seeing how much everything continues to evolve with thought and care has been amazing. Many other websites would have died out by now, but you have stayed dedicated to your idea, and obviously are very passionate about it. Thank you for creating such a fun site and wonderful world and community to experience.

Love the revamp; the artwork for the scenes is absolutely beautiful! I do agree with the general consensus of moving the apparel back down from the top of the page, but it's not a huge concern for me currently.
Happy Anniversary Flight Rising! I've been on here for a long while and seeing how much everything continues to evolve with thought and care has been amazing. Many other websites would have died out by now, but you have stayed dedicated to your idea, and obviously are very passionate about it. Thank you for creating such a fun site and wonderful world and community to experience.

Love the revamp; the artwork for the scenes is absolutely beautiful! I do agree with the general consensus of moving the apparel back down from the top of the page, but it's not a huge concern for me currently.
GG24 Cicada Confluence Signature Graphic
If we can choose to change the dragon's interface into the previous version by ourselves, I will be more satisfied. ?)
If we can choose to change the dragon's interface into the previous version by ourselves, I will be more satisfied. ?)
Happy Anniversary!! These additions and changes are absolutely amazing, and I can't wait to really utilize them! The addition that sticks out to me the most were the Scenes, which I've always wanted to have here! They used to have something similar in Howrse, which really set the mood for any horse you owned! So happy to have that here too!
Happy Anniversary!! These additions and changes are absolutely amazing, and I can't wait to really utilize them! The addition that sticks out to me the most were the Scenes, which I've always wanted to have here! They used to have something similar in Howrse, which really set the mood for any horse you owned! So happy to have that here too!
01547b70441cd57956c9fa35703052f03d2c34b2.png _ LP/Parade
She/Her
FR+3

Skin Shop
Free Likes
Bounties
BF's Art Shop
__ LittleParade.gif _
Glad to be here, looking forward to another seven!
OMG WE CAN NAME OUR FAMILIARS AAAAA *flee*
Glad to be here, looking forward to another seven!
OMG WE CAN NAME OUR FAMILIARS AAAAA *flee*
aJTY8eT.png
1 2 ... 175 176 177 178 179 ... 212 213