Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 7th Anniversary: Dragon Profile Revamp
1 2 ... 177 178 179 180 181 ... 212 213
@Astr0fish that's great and all but I seriously doubt any changes will happen. It is extremely hard to get staff to change things just for genes alone and even then it practically takes the whole community to say something, and for the UI, I'm not holding my breath. They clearly see these comments. It is their choice to not change anything. And they pick that choice many times.
@Astr0fish that's great and all but I seriously doubt any changes will happen. It is extremely hard to get staff to change things just for genes alone and even then it practically takes the whole community to say something, and for the UI, I'm not holding my breath. They clearly see these comments. It is their choice to not change anything. And they pick that choice many times.
GK2LcRL.png
I absolutely LOVE the quality of life changes here. Being able to do all those things (feed, sell, apparel, dressing room, scry, breed etc) from the dragon bio is fantastic! Overall personally, I'm not great with sudden (visual) changes. The new notification bell scared me. [emoji=nocturne laughing size=1] It's going to take some time for me to adjust to the way the bio looks now. It's a bit overwhelming at the moment, with extras like scenes, familiar naming, vistas... things I don't really NEED. I do enjoy that we can like people's dragons now, that's nice. Won't stop me leaving a userpage comment too though. Haha I also just wanna say I agree that swapping the Apparel and Physical Info sections would be nice.
I absolutely LOVE the quality of life changes here. Being able to do all those things (feed, sell, apparel, dressing room, scry, breed etc) from the dragon bio is fantastic!

Overall personally, I'm not great with sudden (visual) changes. The new notification bell scared me.
It's going to take some time for me to adjust to the way the bio looks now. It's a bit overwhelming at the moment, with extras like scenes, familiar naming, vistas... things I don't really NEED. I do enjoy that we can like people's dragons now, that's nice. Won't stop me leaving a userpage comment too though. Haha

I also just wanna say I agree that swapping the Apparel and Physical Info sections would be nice.
zcsMnwG.jpg WxLmrPc.jpg
I'm FR +18 & apologise for delayed replies, I may be sleeping!
- apparel is now draggable/rearrangable on mobile!
- dragon auctions are now cancellable directly from the profile!
- Skin, Scene, Apparel headers on the profile are clickable and take you directly to the corresponding edit pages!

Single dragon feeding! dragon direct to morphology from profile feature! battle stone setup viewable! familiar nicknames! customization through scenes (good for lore)! modern code infrastructure! All of the crusial features of the previous profile kept perfectly in-tact (even if rearranged differently)!

"Currently Hibernating" moon icon and "is paired to familiar" heart icon no longer show up near other status icons on the profile; Default backdrop is one of the elemental exalt pillars and matches user's flight rather than dragon's element; dragon name in breadcrumbs is no longer clickable i.e. Name in "Tribal » Hibernal Den » Name" is no longer a href link, used to take to the dragon's profile; Absence of almost-solid white background behind dragon will interfere with skins and accents that covered parts of the dragon in solid white with the goal to "erase" parts of the dragon to create unique looks.
- apparel is now draggable/rearrangable on mobile!
- dragon auctions are now cancellable directly from the profile!
- Skin, Scene, Apparel headers on the profile are clickable and take you directly to the corresponding edit pages!

Single dragon feeding! dragon direct to morphology from profile feature! battle stone setup viewable! familiar nicknames! customization through scenes (good for lore)! modern code infrastructure! All of the crusial features of the previous profile kept perfectly in-tact (even if rearranged differently)!

"Currently Hibernating" moon icon and "is paired to familiar" heart icon no longer show up near other status icons on the profile; Default backdrop is one of the elemental exalt pillars and matches user's flight rather than dragon's element; dragon name in breadcrumbs is no longer clickable i.e. Name in "Tribal » Hibernal Den » Name" is no longer a href link, used to take to the dragon's profile; Absence of almost-solid white background behind dragon will interfere with skins and accents that covered parts of the dragon in solid white with the goal to "erase" parts of the dragon to create unique looks.
CAiwzvK.png
:))))))
:))))))
Written from my Samsung Smart Fridge
Oh my gosh. This is amazing.
Oh my gosh. This is amazing.
idk if staff is reading this thread still, but want to give some thoughts:

Overall: really awesome! Lots of neat stuff! I mostly like it!

However...

Visually it's very busy and Loud.
The apparel should absolutely be below the dragon - it's a lot of visual noise and distracts from the dragons, which are, y'know, the point of the game. Once the scenes are added it's even worse.

The familiars, while the same size as before, look larger, and overshadow the dragon. They aren't as distracting as the apparel and the awful dotted lines though, and could probably be ignored after a while if the other problems are addressed.
  • Speaking of the dotted lines - that's no where else - why doe is not match, say, the battle stats? The empty spaces there are a solid line.

The default background is a nice offer, but it would be much better to be able to turn it off - especially since a lot of users have false-transparency skins, which they paid a lot of gems for. Having the option to be plain white would be a big improvement, especially if it's toggle-able for each dragon (like applying the scenes). However, if it's only possible to turn it off/on for all - that would still be hugely appreciated.

The "Level X Gender Species (Flight)" thing would be better off in the physical info box. It's not really needed where it is, and the ID would be much better placed below the name, like before. Or at least a smaller size. Why is the ID text so huge? It looks bigger than the dragon's names.

What is the point of the tiny flight element symbol under the way-too-huge energy bar? Seems a bit random and unnecessary. Same with the AH and HD symbols. Those can all be elsewhere to better effect.

The physical info box would look much nicer, not only with some sort of container (it's just... floating there. lineage has a border, why not be consistent?), but also up where the apparel box is now.
You say: "the elements you have customization control over are the very first thing other players will see" but frequently the colors and genes are what people have customized - extensive breeding projects, scatterjourneys, hours in the scrying workshop looking for the perfect combo - it's important to a lot of people. Putting in a box like the lineage info, but with a semi-transparent background so it can be seen over the scene art would be better. (or better, an option to go between semi-transparent and opaque)

Battle info is also just floating, and should be in a box.

The arrow buttons to click between dragons are huge. Even on mobile they're enormous, and could be less than half the size. They'd also look better centered, rather than on the bottom, but that's a minor thing. I'm glad keyboard controls still work.

Customize Page
Since the option to add a vista is already down by the edit bio button, and the familiar swap button is on the page by the bond button... why do we need the extra page for customizing? The scene option could have gone with apparel and skins. The extra page makes it customizing accessible - being able to just click and be there was a good thing and there's no reason to make it more difficult for people. Less clicks = more likely to use the thing in question. (that goes for anything)

All that said - the rest of the update is awesome! I LOVE the ability to filter apparel and familiars!!! The ability to feed individually is nice - probably won't use it much myself, but for someone short on food who needs to deed their dragons to access the coli? Heck yeah. I'm fairly indifferent to the "like" thing - glad it isn't connected to fb anymore (ick) and that it's not a like/dislike or rating system. Might be neat to eventually put usernames of people who gave a like, even if it's only viable to the owner.

I really, really hope you guys take everyone's feedback into consideration. I'm sure y'all worked hard on this, but if so many people are giving the same feedback on why it isn't working, it should really be looked into. (personally: it's visually loud and feels chaotic and it's hard to focus on anything and makes me kinda overwhelmed.)

EDIT: in all the excitement I forgot to mention the notification bell! The change itself isn't bad, but stylistically it's different from the message and friend icons. Less shading, or maybe a darker outline might make it more cohesive! :)
idk if staff is reading this thread still, but want to give some thoughts:

Overall: really awesome! Lots of neat stuff! I mostly like it!

However...

Visually it's very busy and Loud.
The apparel should absolutely be below the dragon - it's a lot of visual noise and distracts from the dragons, which are, y'know, the point of the game. Once the scenes are added it's even worse.

The familiars, while the same size as before, look larger, and overshadow the dragon. They aren't as distracting as the apparel and the awful dotted lines though, and could probably be ignored after a while if the other problems are addressed.
  • Speaking of the dotted lines - that's no where else - why doe is not match, say, the battle stats? The empty spaces there are a solid line.

The default background is a nice offer, but it would be much better to be able to turn it off - especially since a lot of users have false-transparency skins, which they paid a lot of gems for. Having the option to be plain white would be a big improvement, especially if it's toggle-able for each dragon (like applying the scenes). However, if it's only possible to turn it off/on for all - that would still be hugely appreciated.

The "Level X Gender Species (Flight)" thing would be better off in the physical info box. It's not really needed where it is, and the ID would be much better placed below the name, like before. Or at least a smaller size. Why is the ID text so huge? It looks bigger than the dragon's names.

What is the point of the tiny flight element symbol under the way-too-huge energy bar? Seems a bit random and unnecessary. Same with the AH and HD symbols. Those can all be elsewhere to better effect.

The physical info box would look much nicer, not only with some sort of container (it's just... floating there. lineage has a border, why not be consistent?), but also up where the apparel box is now.
You say: "the elements you have customization control over are the very first thing other players will see" but frequently the colors and genes are what people have customized - extensive breeding projects, scatterjourneys, hours in the scrying workshop looking for the perfect combo - it's important to a lot of people. Putting in a box like the lineage info, but with a semi-transparent background so it can be seen over the scene art would be better. (or better, an option to go between semi-transparent and opaque)

Battle info is also just floating, and should be in a box.

The arrow buttons to click between dragons are huge. Even on mobile they're enormous, and could be less than half the size. They'd also look better centered, rather than on the bottom, but that's a minor thing. I'm glad keyboard controls still work.

Customize Page
Since the option to add a vista is already down by the edit bio button, and the familiar swap button is on the page by the bond button... why do we need the extra page for customizing? The scene option could have gone with apparel and skins. The extra page makes it customizing accessible - being able to just click and be there was a good thing and there's no reason to make it more difficult for people. Less clicks = more likely to use the thing in question. (that goes for anything)

All that said - the rest of the update is awesome! I LOVE the ability to filter apparel and familiars!!! The ability to feed individually is nice - probably won't use it much myself, but for someone short on food who needs to deed their dragons to access the coli? Heck yeah. I'm fairly indifferent to the "like" thing - glad it isn't connected to fb anymore (ick) and that it's not a like/dislike or rating system. Might be neat to eventually put usernames of people who gave a like, even if it's only viable to the owner.

I really, really hope you guys take everyone's feedback into consideration. I'm sure y'all worked hard on this, but if so many people are giving the same feedback on why it isn't working, it should really be looked into. (personally: it's visually loud and feels chaotic and it's hard to focus on anything and makes me kinda overwhelmed.)

EDIT: in all the excitement I forgot to mention the notification bell! The change itself isn't bad, but stylistically it's different from the message and friend icons. Less shading, or maybe a darker outline might make it more cohesive! :)
Catfeather Loop fbwG7W5.png

please see shop front for specific pinglists
everything looks nice but now switching out the familiars in my hoard to bond with them takes twice as much time [emoji=bogsneak sad size=2] i wish there was an easier way to do this...
everything looks nice but now switching out the familiars in my hoard to bond with them takes twice as much time i wish there was an easier way to do this...
[b]I LOVE the new dragon profile layout![/b] My only problem is now ppl can see how mismatching my familiars are since theyre all just there for bonding rip [emoji=spiral tongue size=1]. Pretty much everything else is 10/10 as well! I disagree with anyone saying the new layout is clunky, [b]I appreciate that all the visual elements are now right next to each other in full view, as the art is the reason I play this game[/b]. I do support an option to make the bg white tho, as "transparent" skins are very common, even amidst official festival skins. I was hoping that scenes could be equipped across multiple dragons since they are quite pricey, but I'm sure you guys decided to not make it that way for a reason. The only suggestion I might have is that I do miss just being able to scroll to see all apparel rather than clicking page/arrow buttons Edit: I also second this! :) Although i might see a problem with having to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the bio to change the vista if u have a rly long bio [quote name="Catfeather" date="2020-06-08 22:16:58" ] Customize Page Since the option to add a vista is already down by the edit bio button, and the familiar swap button is on the page by the bond button... why do we need the extra page for customizing? The scene option could have gone with apparel and skins. [/quote] Edit 2: I also don't get why ppl want to see the physical info panel up top so much lol, I always thought those stats were kinda pointless (except of course for scrying and maybe for lore) and also not really visually interesting to look at
I LOVE the new dragon profile layout! My only problem is now ppl can see how mismatching my familiars are since theyre all just there for bonding rip . Pretty much everything else is 10/10 as well!

I disagree with anyone saying the new layout is clunky, I appreciate that all the visual elements are now right next to each other in full view, as the art is the reason I play this game. I do support an option to make the bg white tho, as "transparent" skins are very common, even amidst official festival skins.

I was hoping that scenes could be equipped across multiple dragons since they are quite pricey, but I'm sure you guys decided to not make it that way for a reason.

The only suggestion I might have is that I do miss just being able to scroll to see all apparel rather than clicking page/arrow buttons

Edit: I also second this! :) Although i might see a problem with having to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the bio to change the vista if u have a rly long bio
Catfeather wrote on 2020-06-08 22:16:58:
Customize Page
Since the option to add a vista is already down by the edit bio button, and the familiar swap button is on the page by the bond button... why do we need the extra page for customizing? The scene option could have gone with apparel and skins.
Edit 2: I also don't get why ppl want to see the physical info panel up top so much lol, I always thought those stats were kinda pointless (except of course for scrying and maybe for lore) and also not really visually interesting to look at
BFEMrcM.png
Oooh, I'm loving the new dragon profiles! Very detailed!

Happy anniversary!
Oooh, I'm loving the new dragon profiles! Very detailed!

Happy anniversary!
You can make offers on my dragons! No promises, though :)
She/Her | FR+1 | Artist/Writer
Looks great! It's a shame the main mode for scene is so badly visible... I like it because all the shiny genes could be even more viisble on BG plus I always wished for BGs on fr :3 [img]https://i.imgur.com/9D4UGvC.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/O5rPrP9.png[/img]
Looks great! It's a shame the main mode for scene is so badly visible...
I like it because all the shiny genes could be even more viisble on BG plus I always wished for BGs on fr :3
9D4UGvC.png
O5rPrP9.png
accents/skin shop
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/2451809
1 2 ... 177 178 179 180 181 ... 212 213