Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 7th Anniversary: Dragon Profile Revamp
1 2 ... 174 175 176 177 178 ... 212 213
[quote name="Astr0fish" date="2020-06-08 20:15:12" ] [quote name="BananaCrackers" date="2020-06-08 20:10:10" ] Someone told me the staff in the past let users vote on clothing changes. They said it was ribbons. And also there users voted on a few new genes and let majority rules pick the best choices. They said they think it was the paint or morph gene. I do not think I have voted for any changes. But if in the past we could vote for those changes why are we not given voting polls for new things? Does voting make it harder to change because users voted and would be bad to change the majority vote? If we could voted on the layout it might be better because of all the things everyone is bringing up. I hope the suggestions in the suggestion forum get well used by us and well read by staff. [/quote] @BananaCrackers Or having a type of forum where staff can post ideas and we can be no support/support? Sort of like the suggestions forum but just for staff posts and player answers?? I've also been here for a while and I do not remember voting? Maybe its either me not being as much of a part of the game then or I just didn't get to be a part of it, but Im interested on what you heard about the voting scenario. [/quote] I went to google since my friend is asleep now and in [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2342803#post_2342803]this forum post[/url] it talks about a bow poll Close to the bottom of [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1329753/1#post_1329753]this thread[/url] piebald gene poll (EDITED LINK) We should do more polls. @Astr0fish
Astr0fish wrote on 2020-06-08 20:15:12:
BananaCrackers wrote on 2020-06-08 20:10:10:
Someone told me the staff in the past let users vote on clothing changes. They said it was ribbons. And also there users voted on a few new genes and let majority rules pick the best choices. They said they think it was the paint or morph gene.

I do not think I have voted for any changes. But if in the past we could vote for those changes why are we not given voting polls for new things? Does voting make it harder to change because users voted and would be bad to change the majority vote?

If we could voted on the layout it might be better because of all the things everyone is bringing up. I hope the suggestions in the suggestion forum get well used by us and well read by staff.
@BananaCrackers
Or having a type of forum where staff can post ideas and we can be no support/support? Sort of like the suggestions forum but just for staff posts and player answers??
I've also been here for a while and I do not remember voting? Maybe its either me not being as much of a part of the game then or I just didn't get to be a part of it, but Im interested on what you heard about the voting scenario.

I went to google since my friend is asleep now and in this forum post it talks about a bow poll

Close to the bottom of this thread piebald gene poll (EDITED LINK)

We should do more polls.

@Astr0fish
6NDVAGQ.png
I'm sorry but I don't like this change at all.

It is so cluttered and ugly to look at, what is the point of it?

Where has my dragon gone, dwarfed by my familiar now. Not cool.

I'm sorry but I don't like this change at all.

It is so cluttered and ugly to look at, what is the point of it?

Where has my dragon gone, dwarfed by my familiar now. Not cool.

tumblr_lji1m9nmev1qijlyoo1_500.gif
@BananaCrackers
Thats super interesting... I was there but I didn't see this???? Might have been on hiatus at the time which is probably why I didn't see it.
Might make a suggestion thread for this because this is a really good idea if you don't mind.
@BananaCrackers
Thats super interesting... I was there but I didn't see this???? Might have been on hiatus at the time which is probably why I didn't see it.
Might make a suggestion thread for this because this is a really good idea if you don't mind.
dct6cq2-114b1547-3fa8-4b5c-94f0-0fef4947daf3.png
[quote name="RiptailShredfang" date="2020-06-08 19:43:25" ] [quote name="Amayai" date="2020-06-08 19:38:13" ] staff......... please address the layout.......... Most people don't actually want to go back to the old one, THIS one just isn't working at it is........ And we've been at it all day pinpointing exactly what needs a fix......................... I love this game.... but the overwhelming amout of layout suggestions show clearly that this - something about this - isn't working. This isn't a gene. We can't opt out of seeing it if we don't like it. We can't opt out of seeing our own dragons. The only way to do that is to walk away, and I don't want that. I'm not threatening to walk away like a self-important idiot, I'm just sad, because I love this game dearly and I don't want to step away, but the more I stare at my dragons the more I think of doing so. [/quote] Exactly this. When you do an update that so drastically effects the site and Everyone's ability to play said site, you risk people wanting to drop the game. Especially when the entire community feels like their feedback isn't being heard. [/quote] God, yes. For the first time since I started playing FR, I do not feel any joy in it, only stress and sadness. I greatly disliked Keel, it even triggers me a bit, but you know what I said? Sure, won't put it on my dragons then, and I'll just power thru having to see it on the AH or anywhere else. I couldn't care less for Banescales, but then again, nobody forces me to have any in my lair. But this? This is a change I have to live with or walk away. And I'm feeling like walking away, because my previously neat and organized looking dragon pages are now a cluttered, anxiety-inducing mess filled with unnecessary stuff. And even downright offensive stuff, like putting the dragon's birth sex in a much more important position than it used to be, as if saying 'eff your trans dragons and their identities'. Great move during pride month. JKR would be proud too.
RiptailShredfang wrote on 2020-06-08 19:43:25:
Amayai wrote on 2020-06-08 19:38:13:
staff......... please address the layout.......... Most people don't actually want to go back to the old one, THIS one just isn't working at it is........ And we've been at it all day pinpointing exactly what needs a fix.........................

I love this game.... but the overwhelming amout of layout suggestions show clearly that this - something about this - isn't working. This isn't a gene. We can't opt out of seeing it if we don't like it. We can't opt out of seeing our own dragons.

The only way to do that is to walk away, and I don't want that. I'm not threatening to walk away like a self-important idiot, I'm just sad, because I love this game dearly and I don't want to step away, but the more I stare at my dragons the more I think of doing so.

Exactly this.

When you do an update that so drastically effects the site and Everyone's ability to play said site, you risk people wanting to drop the game. Especially when the entire community feels like their feedback isn't being heard.

God, yes. For the first time since I started playing FR, I do not feel any joy in it, only stress and sadness. I greatly disliked Keel, it even triggers me a bit, but you know what I said? Sure, won't put it on my dragons then, and I'll just power thru having to see it on the AH or anywhere else. I couldn't care less for Banescales, but then again, nobody forces me to have any in my lair. But this? This is a change I have to live with or walk away. And I'm feeling like walking away, because my previously neat and organized looking dragon pages are now a cluttered, anxiety-inducing mess filled with unnecessary stuff. And even downright offensive stuff, like putting the dragon's birth sex in a much more important position than it used to be, as if saying 'eff your trans dragons and their identities'. Great move during pride month. JKR would be proud too.
he/they

adult
eng/hun
Encapsulated Mist
Now the night is coming to an end.
The sun will rise,
and we will try again.
Stay alive, stay alive, for me.
Bottled Bones
OMG, this update is amazing!! I am so grateful! Thank you to the FR Staff for an amazing site!
OMG, this update is amazing!! I am so grateful! Thank you to the FR Staff for an amazing site!
this is awesome!! may i recommend something to consider possibly?
it would be neat if there was a family tree of some sort to look at a dragons grandparents and beyond with more ease?
it would be neat if there was a family tree of some sort to look at a dragons grandparents and beyond with more ease?
E5bsg4C.png I have a lot of funny gay dragons come seebXlMBS1.png
[quote name="Astr0fish" date="2020-06-08 20:23:15" ] Thats super interesting... I was there but I didn't see this???? Might have been on hiatus at the time which is probably why I didn't see it. Might make a suggestion thread for this because this is a really good idea if you don't mind. [/quote] @Astr0fish Yes! You should.
Astr0fish wrote on 2020-06-08 20:23:15:

@Astr0fish Yes! You should.
6NDVAGQ.png
[quote name="smew" date="2020-06-08 20:25:59" ] this is awesome!! may i recommend something to consider possibly? it would be neat if there was a family tree of some sort to look at a dragons grandparents and beyond with more ease? [/quote] Totally support this! I would suggest putting this in the suggested forum??
smew wrote on 2020-06-08 20:25:59:
Totally support this! I would suggest putting this in the suggested forum??
dct6cq2-114b1547-3fa8-4b5c-94f0-0fef4947daf3.png
Happy Anniversary! Exciting stuff in troubling times.

-sits trying to think of anything meaningful or helpful to say-

Hmm... well I've been a member since 16' and I could say I've been active maybe a total 3 - 3 1/2 years, having seen many updates and such going around. I'm still quite happy with things, if not neutral in other points. Not much I can complain about for a free service but I can't dismiss others' points on stuff either >->

-sits longer- Omg words and thoughts fail me

The staff has done a lovely job with trying to keep things fresh but I kinda agree with the community that slowing down and taking in feedback before releases might work out in the long run. Granted I don't keep up with a ton of forums with the suggestions and possible feedback, but I do remember a time a poll was had about the ribbon apparel and its revamp. Far as I know it was good in theory! I don't think something like that would go amiss here and there, or at least a heads up with ideas of touch ups of art.

With this new update to the dragon profiles, I am again neutral! Granted when I first saw it for reals I was like "Oh this will take some getting used to" because it was such a huge change, but my tic-tac memory at the moment cant really remember how the old layout looked exactly |'D
So many I'm not the best judge BUT I can agree with some of the little changes people might want.
- Putting the edit button for the biography at the top of it so those with long bios don't have to scroll for eons.
- I wouldn't mind the apparel and physical details switching places.

One the plus side I do like that the familiars are next to the dragon! And that you can name them!! A++!!
and I get why the "feed" and "breed" buttons are different in shape, the words are too similar so it would be easy to mix them up. It doesn't make for a large error but it can be an annoyance if done too often.

Also I do like the "like" feature, as I have thought before I wanted to show love for a pretty derg but didn't feel like commenting on the main clan page about it. Though I probably should've.. hnnggg
BUT I agree with others that maybe the accumulated likes should only be seen by the user, as to avoid comparisons and questionable self esteem. Or at least have a toggle.
Or something.
Cuz Im sure I'll sit on my lair like "wonder if my dragons are ever seen aside from lucky minutes of fame"

ANYWAYS

I have other thoughts on many matters but not enough brain power to put them into decent paragraphs.

Here's hoping for good days, months, and years to follow on this site. May the dergs be plenty and pretty.
Happy Anniversary! Exciting stuff in troubling times.

-sits trying to think of anything meaningful or helpful to say-

Hmm... well I've been a member since 16' and I could say I've been active maybe a total 3 - 3 1/2 years, having seen many updates and such going around. I'm still quite happy with things, if not neutral in other points. Not much I can complain about for a free service but I can't dismiss others' points on stuff either >->

-sits longer- Omg words and thoughts fail me

The staff has done a lovely job with trying to keep things fresh but I kinda agree with the community that slowing down and taking in feedback before releases might work out in the long run. Granted I don't keep up with a ton of forums with the suggestions and possible feedback, but I do remember a time a poll was had about the ribbon apparel and its revamp. Far as I know it was good in theory! I don't think something like that would go amiss here and there, or at least a heads up with ideas of touch ups of art.

With this new update to the dragon profiles, I am again neutral! Granted when I first saw it for reals I was like "Oh this will take some getting used to" because it was such a huge change, but my tic-tac memory at the moment cant really remember how the old layout looked exactly |'D
So many I'm not the best judge BUT I can agree with some of the little changes people might want.
- Putting the edit button for the biography at the top of it so those with long bios don't have to scroll for eons.
- I wouldn't mind the apparel and physical details switching places.

One the plus side I do like that the familiars are next to the dragon! And that you can name them!! A++!!
and I get why the "feed" and "breed" buttons are different in shape, the words are too similar so it would be easy to mix them up. It doesn't make for a large error but it can be an annoyance if done too often.

Also I do like the "like" feature, as I have thought before I wanted to show love for a pretty derg but didn't feel like commenting on the main clan page about it. Though I probably should've.. hnnggg
BUT I agree with others that maybe the accumulated likes should only be seen by the user, as to avoid comparisons and questionable self esteem. Or at least have a toggle.
Or something.
Cuz Im sure I'll sit on my lair like "wonder if my dragons are ever seen aside from lucky minutes of fame"

ANYWAYS

I have other thoughts on many matters but not enough brain power to put them into decent paragraphs.

Here's hoping for good days, months, and years to follow on this site. May the dergs be plenty and pretty.
tumblr_ow3fk8FOA81rhbfsfo2_250.png tumblr_ow3fk8FOA81rhbfsfo1_250.png
What an amazing update!! Happy anniversary!!!
What an amazing update!! Happy anniversary!!!
1 2 ... 174 175 176 177 178 ... 212 213