Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Commas in currency amounts
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22 23
SUPPORT
SUPPORT
0JEQL3a.png
Support.
Support.
I9uZ2ky.png
Support.
Support.
Ft1xdVt.pngo9GbwME.png[/url]
support, i have trouble reading it a lot
support, i have trouble reading it a lot
Crow JvUa9ma.png
WjJZ2Rn.png
160P7Fb.png
kCHWEjf.png
I support spacing but not a comma. Even as an American I know comma's aren't used very often. They're not practical and might confuse or complicate things to some. Spacing would fix that issue in a much simpler way. : )
I support spacing but not a comma. Even as an American I know comma's aren't used very often. They're not practical and might confuse or complicate things to some. Spacing would fix that issue in a much simpler way. : )
walking%20Rain.gif

plagueeaster.gifriVr93C.png
Support for the comma. It makes sense to use the system that originates where the site originates. Truthfully we cant find a singular method that is "universal" but something needs to be used. Decimals would look wrong to some as much as the commas would look to others. And spaces can be misconstrued for separate numbers and doesn't really look great in use.

Commas can be easily added in without mucking up any coding on site, and they're well known where the site is actually homed.
Support for the comma. It makes sense to use the system that originates where the site originates. Truthfully we cant find a singular method that is "universal" but something needs to be used. Decimals would look wrong to some as much as the commas would look to others. And spaces can be misconstrued for separate numbers and doesn't really look great in use.

Commas can be easily added in without mucking up any coding on site, and they're well known where the site is actually homed.
rotyou_zpsdd94a7ce.jpg
[quote name="PreuxFox" date=2013-10-16 14:04:29] Agreed with Shienven, no support for the comma. It isn't universal and frankly it looks kind of untidy... However, I would like some way to help differentiate digits. One thing I have seen used that seems to work very well is just a small space/gap every 3 digits. I think that would be fine. [/quote]
PreuxFox wrote on 2013-10-16:
Agreed with Shienven, no support for the comma. It isn't universal and frankly it looks kind of untidy...

However, I would like some way to help differentiate digits. One thing I have seen used that seems to work very well is just a small space/gap every 3 digits. I think that would be fine.
no
[quote name="PreuxFox" date=2013-10-16 14:04:29] Agreed with Shienven, no support for the comma. It isn't universal and frankly it looks kind of untidy... However, I would like some way to help differentiate digits. One thing I have seen used that seems to work very well is just a small space/gap every 3 digits. I think that would be fine. [/quote]
PreuxFox wrote on 2013-10-16:
Agreed with Shienven, no support for the comma. It isn't universal and frankly it looks kind of untidy...

However, I would like some way to help differentiate digits. One thing I have seen used that seems to work very well is just a small space/gap every 3 digits. I think that would be fine.
no
support for comma or space or anything really. I can't count how many items I've accidentally sold for 1/10 their value
support for comma or space or anything really. I can't count how many items I've accidentally sold for 1/10 their value
[quote name="Shienvien" date=2013-10-16 03:47:01] No support. This is not an universal way of marking it. Some places and systems use commas as decimal points, you know. And, it will not only confuse my brain, but my computer, too. In code, comma is one of the functional symbols. It will be a menace that spawns more errors than apostrophes in familiar names used to. It will take extra computation power, etc. [/quote] I would support some sort of differentiator-- spaces are used in a lot of parts of the world and are fairly unambiguous.
Shienvien wrote on 2013-10-16:
No support. This is not an universal way of marking it. Some places and systems use commas as decimal points, you know. And, it will not only confuse my brain, but my computer, too. In code, comma is one of the functional symbols. It will be a menace that spawns more errors than apostrophes in familiar names used to. It will take extra computation power, etc.

I would support some sort of differentiator-- spaces are used in a lot of parts of the world and are fairly unambiguous.
hoMNYDJ.png
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 22 23