Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Upgraded Membership? Poll!
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 28 29
@Areater AFAIK it's not broken, just the site isn't able to handle the load it creates. How do we deal with that? By making it hard to spam and abuse.
@Areater AFAIK it's not broken, just the site isn't able to handle the load it creates. How do we deal with that? By making it hard to spam and abuse.
ppp-badge_solostore.gif m6asBGp.pngnD713ZL.gif
FWMW3nE.png
1. Are you in support of Upgrading Accounts?
-a. No
-b. Yes

2. Which form would you like an Upgrade?
-a. Single-Option Bundle (all perks in one package)
-b. Singular Perks available Separately

3. How much would you pay for a Bundle Upgrade *per Month*?
-a. $5-10 (500-1000 Gems)
-b. $10-15 (1000-1500 Gems)

4. How much would you pay for a Single Perk *per Month*? UPDATED!
-a. $3 or Less
-b. $5 or Less

5. What COSMETIC Perks would you like/use most? Choose any that apply.
If you like all just say ALL
-a. Forum Vista
-b. Daily Autofeed
-c. Bond All Familiars
-d. Ad Removal
-e. Other; (insert your idea(s) here)

6. How should Upgrade(s) be bought?
-a. Gems Only
-b. Cash Only
-c. Cash or Gems

7. Should Upgrade(s) be direct to the Account or a Trade/Sell/Use-able item?
-a. Direct Usage to Account
-b. Movable Item

8. Optional Any additional comments?

I am not sure how to support this less than this. I unsupport it so hard.

People already complain about the FR illuminati of the sprites... I can only imagine magic vistas and limited items.

I mean... just buy a bunch of gems and do whatever you want with them. Buy the perfect dragon and all the sprites whatever. But to make a premium membership creates a caste system that I think would be for many a huge problem.

I am doubtful it will occur, thank the deities, because it would change FR in a way I believe would be very negative.

-a. No
-b. Yes

-a. $3 or Less
-b. $5 or Less

-a. Forum Vista
-b. Daily Autofeed
-c. Bond All Familiars
-d. Ad Removal

-a. Gems Only
-b. Cash Only
-c. Cash or Gems

-b. Movable Item

I am not sure how to support this less than this. I unsupport it so hard.

People already complain about the FR illuminati of the sprites... I can only imagine magic vistas and limited items.

I mean... just buy a bunch of gems and do whatever you want with them. Buy the perfect dragon and all the sprites whatever. But to make a premium membership creates a caste system that I think would be for many a huge problem.

I am doubtful it will occur, thank the deities, because it would change FR in a way I believe would be very negative.

Stuff will one day go here.
[quote name="LunaSea" date=2015-07-26 09:12:35] 1. Are you in support of Upgrading Accounts? [b]-a. No[/b] -b. Yes 2. Which form would you like an Upgrade? [s]-a. Single-Option Bundle (all perks in one package) -b. Singular Perks available Separately[/s] 3. How much would you pay for a Bundle Upgrade *per Month*? [s]-a. $5-10 (500-1000 Gems) -b. $10-15 (1000-1500 Gems)[/s] 4. How much would you pay for a Single Perk *per Month*? UPDATED! [s]-a. $3 or Less -b. $5 or Less[/s] 5. What COSMETIC Perks would you like/use most? Choose any that apply. If you like all just say ALL [s]-a. Forum Vista -b. Daily Autofeed -c. Bond All Familiars -d. Ad Removal -e. Other; (insert your idea(s) here)[/s] 6. How should Upgrade(s) be bought? [s]-a. Gems Only -b. Cash Only -c. Cash or Gems[/s] 7. Should Upgrade(s) be direct to the Account or a Trade/Sell/Use-able item? [s]-a. Direct Usage to Account -b. Movable Item[/s] [/quote] 8. Optional Any additional comments? Everything would go just fine, I think, for a few months and maybe even a few years. But even something as simple as cosmetic advantages has the potential to go horribly wrong. It would be a very small step, but still a step, in the wrong direction for this site, I think. EDIT: Oh, I see this was sort of necro'd earlier. Opinion still stands, though.
LunaSea wrote on 2015-07-26:
-a. No
-b. Yes

-a. $3 or Less
-b. $5 or Less

-a. Forum Vista
-b. Daily Autofeed
-c. Bond All Familiars
-d. Ad Removal

-a. Gems Only
-b. Cash Only
-c. Cash or Gems

-b. Movable Item

Everything would go just fine, I think, for a few months and maybe even a few years. But even something as simple as cosmetic advantages has the potential to go horribly wrong. It would be a very small step, but still a step, in the wrong direction for this site, I think.

EDIT: Oh, I see this was sort of necro'd earlier. Opinion still stands, though.

oghFcJ4.gif
As long as it stayed cosmetic such as forum vistas or other minor cosmetic changes, I guess I'd be okay with that as long as it didn't bring in elitism to the community. Although honestly, I'd be very suspicious of this because I've seen that introduced to so many sites that started out with small perks for paying users, then rapidly became a pay-to-win hell full of elitism.

-a. No No, not really.
-b. Yes

-a. $3 or Less
-b. $5 or Less

-a. Forum Vista
-b. Daily Autofeed (this one is unfair because literally the point of a pet site is to take care of your pets and if this exists you won't even have to do that anymore)
-c. Bond All Familiars (no, you should have to work for that money)
-d. Ad Removal
-e. Other

-a. Gems Only
-b. Cash Only
-c. Cash or Gems

-b. Movable Item
As long as it stayed cosmetic such as forum vistas or other minor cosmetic changes, I guess I'd be okay with that as long as it didn't bring in elitism to the community. Although honestly, I'd be very suspicious of this because I've seen that introduced to so many sites that started out with small perks for paying users, then rapidly became a pay-to-win hell full of elitism.

-a. No No, not really.
-b. Yes

-a. $3 or Less
-b. $5 or Less

-a. Forum Vista
-b. Daily Autofeed (this one is unfair because literally the point of a pet site is to take care of your pets and if this exists you won't even have to do that anymore)
-c. Bond All Familiars (no, you should have to work for that money)
-d. Ad Removal
-e. Other

-a. Gems Only
-b. Cash Only
-c. Cash or Gems

-b. Movable Item
jCVhFoZ.gif
Quote:
At its core, the argument for premium membership is "it supports the site!"

So does buying gems. Go buy gems. The end. We don't need a premium membership that causes divide in the players and singles out who has disposable income to toss at pixels. If you buy gems, there's nothing special that happens to your account except you get gems.

And there are more than just that way of getting gems. Which really just means you're helping speed along the process.

I kind of lost my train of thought but it's "no" either way.

Agreed.
Quote:

So does buying gems. Go buy gems. The end. We don't need a premium membership that causes divide in the players and singles out who has disposable income to toss at pixels. If you buy gems, there's nothing special that happens to your account except you get gems.

And there are more than just that way of getting gems. Which really just means you're helping speed along the process.

Agreed.
kpBHZdf.gif lIfS9Um.png DQCsQbQ.gif
-a. No
-b. Yes

If you want more stuff or to support FR, you can just buy gems.
-a. No
-b. Yes

If you want more stuff or to support FR, you can just buy gems.
Findlay.gifg4D9p86.png
[quote name="Daxillionyx" date=2015-07-26 15:19:53] Quote: At its core, the argument for premium membership is "it supports the site!" So does buying gems. Go buy gems. The end. We don't need a premium membership that causes divide in the players and singles out who has disposable income to toss at pixels. If you buy gems, there's nothing special that happens to your account except you get gems. And there are more than just that way of getting gems. Which really just means you're helping speed along the process. I kind of lost my train of thought but it's "no" either way. Agreed. [/quote]
Daxillionyx wrote on 2015-07-26:
Quote:

Agreed.
FRshadowbanner50px_zps4a303dbf.png
+4 FR Time
3DS FC - 1891-1351-5222 / Minxy
Switch FC - SW-4954-7180-5611 / Ali
It's not that paid membership is a bad thing within itself but I've had bad feelings over it from varies other sites.

Gaiaonline, Habbo Hotel, IMVU, Runescape, Multiple MMO's. It's just having a benefit that would be better in general to have like the bond all familiars option I'd rather us all have access to a lot of this stuff. Once you add membership you'll be splitting FR into two separate groups. Those who can afford perks and those we can't. I also don't think it's really healthy for our community.
It's not that paid membership is a bad thing within itself but I've had bad feelings over it from varies other sites.

Gaiaonline, Habbo Hotel, IMVU, Runescape, Multiple MMO's. It's just having a benefit that would be better in general to have like the bond all familiars option I'd rather us all have access to a lot of this stuff. Once you add membership you'll be splitting FR into two separate groups. Those who can afford perks and those we can't. I also don't think it's really healthy for our community.
-a. No
-b. Yes

Either would work for me

IF we can get enough perks to be worth it, or a discount for multiple month purchases - say X amount per year?

-a. $3 or Less
-b. $5 or Less
Ok, I'd have to qualify this a bit, I would gladly pay 500 gems a month for the no ads, but the rest would have to be on a case-by-case basis. :)

-a. Forum Vista
-b. Daily Autofeed
-c. Bond All Familiars
-d. Ad Removal

-a. Gems Only
-b. Cash Only
-c. Cash or Gems

-b. Movable Item

I have had upgrades to most accounts I've had on sites, some were cash only, others were currency only. I do actually prefer the currency method better, especially if you can buy the currency from other users, such as we can here. I'd also prefer if there was an option for let's say a 6-month or yearly upgrade for a somewhat discounted price from the month to month total. Though I would definitely try the monthly first, to see if it was worth it or not. :)
-a. No
-b. Yes

Either would work for me

IF we can get enough perks to be worth it, or a discount for multiple month purchases - say X amount per year?

-a. $3 or Less
-b. $5 or Less
Ok, I'd have to qualify this a bit, I would gladly pay 500 gems a month for the no ads, but the rest would have to be on a case-by-case basis. :)

-a. Forum Vista
-b. Daily Autofeed
-c. Bond All Familiars
-d. Ad Removal

-a. Gems Only
-b. Cash Only
-c. Cash or Gems

-b. Movable Item

I have had upgrades to most accounts I've had on sites, some were cash only, others were currency only. I do actually prefer the currency method better, especially if you can buy the currency from other users, such as we can here. I'd also prefer if there was an option for let's say a 6-month or yearly upgrade for a somewhat discounted price from the month to month total. Though I would definitely try the monthly first, to see if it was worth it or not. :)
-a. No
-b. Yes

-a. $3 or Less
-b. $5 or Less

-a. Forum Vista
-b. Daily Autofeed
-c. Bond All Familiars
-d. Ad Removal

-a. Gems Only
-b. Cash Only
-c. Cash or Gems

-b. Movable Item

I say no support UNLESS it's strictly limited to things like autofeeding and taking care of familiars automatically.
I know aesthetic (as in clothing/genes/colors/etc, not the types you suggested) rewards are literally just aesthetic awards, but whenever I see aesthetic awards being promised for real money on games, it always seems like there's this weird dichotomy where all the pretty/nice things go to the money payers and the kinda mediocre, ugly stuff goes to non-money payers.
I'm just imagining like special premium breeds and clothing, premium dragons, premium colors...
Aside from the dichotomy, it often feels like if there's an aesthetic line and even if its not pay to win sort of thing, it still creates a dividing line between those who can pay a lot and those who are poor.
I'd also say stuff like forum vistas... maybe. I know I bolded that but I can see that if it starts becoming something people pay for, it might start a sense of divide.
-a. No
-b. Yes

-a. $3 or Less
-b. $5 or Less

-a. Forum Vista
-b. Daily Autofeed
-c. Bond All Familiars
-d. Ad Removal

-a. Gems Only
-b. Cash Only
-c. Cash or Gems

-b. Movable Item

I say no support UNLESS it's strictly limited to things like autofeeding and taking care of familiars automatically.
I know aesthetic (as in clothing/genes/colors/etc, not the types you suggested) rewards are literally just aesthetic awards, but whenever I see aesthetic awards being promised for real money on games, it always seems like there's this weird dichotomy where all the pretty/nice things go to the money payers and the kinda mediocre, ugly stuff goes to non-money payers.
I'm just imagining like special premium breeds and clothing, premium dragons, premium colors...
Aside from the dichotomy, it often feels like if there's an aesthetic line and even if its not pay to win sort of thing, it still creates a dividing line between those who can pay a lot and those who are poor.
I'd also say stuff like forum vistas... maybe. I know I bolded that but I can see that if it starts becoming something people pay for, it might start a sense of divide.
U0IIiWr.pngUsPy2z6.pnghzBTO7n.png
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 28 29