Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Field Manual Improvement
[item=Field Manual] Field Manual: A very over priced Accessory stone with little use. At 5,000 treasure, it is 5x the price of Discipline, and 1/4 the price of Ambush, while only providing a QoL (quality of life) feature of knowing the enemy's breath. Field Manual should provide a little more than just a QoL feature imo, so what if it did? I think Field Manual should show the player what each enemy is going do/attack on its next turn. This would bring the stone from a QoL only stone to an information stone while keeping the flavor of knowing about your enemies, and what they are likely (going) to do. Pros: - Improves the new player experience - Removes some RNG allowing players to make better decisions - Changes Field Manual from showing you knowledge you have (if you can remember it) to actually changing some gameplay like the other Accessory Stones - Nicely keeps the flavor of knowing and understanding the coli enemies - Shows what enemies are melee and mages at the start of battle Cons: - May require a coli rework to decide what enemies do [i]before[/i] their turn This change wouldn't change any 2 fod builds, but it would give support dragons another option to help players know and enjoy coli. I doubt this would replace Ambush, but I could see some players replacing a Discipline for one. And that's my goal: Give players a reason to use it
Field Manual

Field Manual: A very over priced Accessory stone with little use. At 5,000 treasure, it is 5x the price of Discipline, and 1/4 the price of Ambush, while only providing a QoL (quality of life) feature of knowing the enemy's breath.

Field Manual should provide a little more than just a QoL feature imo, so what if it did?

I think Field Manual should show the player what each enemy is going do/attack on its next turn. This would bring the stone from a QoL only stone to an information stone while keeping the flavor of knowing about your enemies, and what they are likely (going) to do.

Pros:
- Improves the new player experience
- Removes some RNG allowing players to make better decisions
- Changes Field Manual from showing you knowledge you have (if you can remember it) to actually changing some gameplay like the other Accessory Stones
- Nicely keeps the flavor of knowing and understanding the coli enemies
- Shows what enemies are melee and mages at the start of battle

Cons:
- May require a coli rework to decide what enemies do before their turn

This change wouldn't change any 2 fod builds, but it would give support dragons another option to help players know and enjoy coli. I doubt this would replace Ambush, but I could see some players replacing a Discipline for one. And that's my goal: Give players a reason to use it
Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)