Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Stop making stylistic gene changes
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
SUPPORT. Original post said all of it better than I could've. Support support support.
SUPPORT. Original post said all of it better than I could've. Support support support.
I absolutely agree and support leaving stylistic errors alone if they're not touched within a month's time from release. In all honesty, they shouldn't be releasing like that period.

Yes, staff is small and that makes processes like this take longer, but they are around about the same size as any other pet site on the market rn. A "small team" is not, in anyway shape or form, an excuse to keep pushing out broken products. Especially when this "small" team has 10+ years of experience managing and developing content for this site. They are consistently making the same mistakes repeatedly, and it's getting so frustrating. The issue of communication has been a consistent issue over the years, and it doesn't ever seem to get any better.

If genes can be "fixed" 6 months later, how is anyone supposed to trust that the genes they buy are "safe" to use? Either the genes should be fixed within a week or two of releasing, or they should be left alone. It would be one thing if this was an occassional issue, but this is happening more and more as they rush breeds out. Aura's released with a bug on nearly every single gene, and they're still getting "fixed" 3 months after release, even though staff is clearly fine with people buying said "broken" genes for months.

It's just a bad look all around.
I absolutely agree and support leaving stylistic errors alone if they're not touched within a month's time from release. In all honesty, they shouldn't be releasing like that period.

Yes, staff is small and that makes processes like this take longer, but they are around about the same size as any other pet site on the market rn. A "small team" is not, in anyway shape or form, an excuse to keep pushing out broken products. Especially when this "small" team has 10+ years of experience managing and developing content for this site. They are consistently making the same mistakes repeatedly, and it's getting so frustrating. The issue of communication has been a consistent issue over the years, and it doesn't ever seem to get any better.

If genes can be "fixed" 6 months later, how is anyone supposed to trust that the genes they buy are "safe" to use? Either the genes should be fixed within a week or two of releasing, or they should be left alone. It would be one thing if this was an occassional issue, but this is happening more and more as they rush breeds out. Aura's released with a bug on nearly every single gene, and they're still getting "fixed" 3 months after release, even though staff is clearly fine with people buying said "broken" genes for months.

It's just a bad look all around.
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
> +3 FR
>She/Her
>Stuck in G1 Hell
support. other comments in here and the other threads hit all the points I'd have to say beyond that
support. other comments in here and the other threads hit all the points I'd have to say beyond that
The eyes of Lio Fotia and Galo Thymos from Promare in official art by Hiroyuki Imaishi staring dramatically past the viewer. There is a ball of fire in their colors (blue, pink, and white) between them
yes yes yes 1000x yes

stop "fixing" things that arent bugs

let breeds have slight gene variations
yes yes yes 1000x yes

stop "fixing" things that arent bugs

let breeds have slight gene variations
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
Lol I was thinking of creating a thread like this but didn’t since I figured it would just get locked as “non-gameplay feedback”

But yeah, support, I don’t even need to read the details beyond the subject line to say INFINITE support
Lol I was thinking of creating a thread like this but didn’t since I figured it would just get locked as “non-gameplay feedback”

But yeah, support, I don’t even need to read the details beyond the subject line to say INFINITE support
Yes, I agree. The only changes that should be going in should be for things like pattern discrepancies between male / female, missing pixels, pixel halos (Which there are a lot of) or missing layers etc. I still think the FR team is better at listening than many other communities; that's why big mistakes like the Auraboa change / Sandsurge gradient flip stand out so much.
Yes, I agree. The only changes that should be going in should be for things like pattern discrepancies between male / female, missing pixels, pixel halos (Which there are a lot of) or missing layers etc. I still think the FR team is better at listening than many other communities; that's why big mistakes like the Auraboa change / Sandsurge gradient flip stand out so much.
hHi8SF1.pngrix3ppo.png 63e7d1e32734cf1f42976aa3cf98d97aa5bb059a.png
Others articulated it better, but wholehearted support.
Others articulated it better, but wholehearted support.
rI2B9a8.png
Huge support.

I rarely like to voice support without adding additional thoughts but I just wanted to this time because this situation is really frustrating.

I recently had an Aether of mine made so much worse by the change to glowing eyes and I'm still sad about it.
Huge support.

I rarely like to voice support without adding additional thoughts but I just wanted to this time because this situation is really frustrating.

I recently had an Aether of mine made so much worse by the change to glowing eyes and I'm still sad about it.
Mqw5b1R.gif
I'm in agreement with the stylistic deviation has widespread support among the community and objectively makes the gene look better or more refined and developed on a particular breed.

This is the case with fern and paisley for auraboas and flaunt and flare on obelisks.

There are cases where stylistic changes detract from the look however. I'm thinking of old iterations of glowtail and keel.
I'm in agreement with the stylistic deviation has widespread support among the community and objectively makes the gene look better or more refined and developed on a particular breed.

This is the case with fern and paisley for auraboas and flaunt and flare on obelisks.

There are cases where stylistic changes detract from the look however. I'm thinking of old iterations of glowtail and keel.
YAzXKmc.gif
You covered this perfectly, OP—couldn't have said it better myself.

Changes like this are completely unnecessary, decrease the visual variety in dragons that makes FR so special, and have a massive dampening effect on player engagement with breed releases—something that is FR's lifeblood.

Support, and here's hoping we can get staff's eyes on this!
You covered this perfectly, OP—couldn't have said it better myself.

Changes like this are completely unnecessary, decrease the visual variety in dragons that makes FR so special, and have a massive dampening effect on player engagement with breed releases—something that is FR's lifeblood.

Support, and here's hoping we can get staff's eyes on this!
pixel art adopt of Snowdrop the veilspun, by Ambulocetus

she/her | FR +2
previously Tuberose
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8