Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | a gather proposal
1 2
It seems to me that it would be nice if a team of three dragons was created to collect items, as in the Colosseum, for example, and when collecting items, the level of collecting rose for these dragons. Well, after the collection itself, each dragon can either bring or not bring an item, but in any case at least one item will be received.
It seems to me that it would be nice if a team of three dragons was created to collect items, as in the Colosseum, for example, and when collecting items, the level of collecting rose for these dragons. Well, after the collection itself, each dragon can either bring or not bring an item, but in any case at least one item will be received.
m2Ts0fA.png
no support, i don't really see any reason why gathering needs to change and i don't like the idea of dragons having a chance and just bringing nothing
no support, i don't really see any reason why gathering needs to change and i don't like the idea of dragons having a chance and just bringing nothing
she doesnt even know
basic math--->
XSQWCA5.gif 3CzZFT6.png
- she/her
- please ping
in reply+quote
klfGHc7.png67-E654-DE-BBB7-441-C-BAE1-F4-EDB05-BC922.png
I feel like this is one of those "would have been a fantastic idea in 2013 but doesn't work now" things. Gathering has been tied to account for 10 years now, so like... while I agree something should change (my level 40 Foragers should not be coming back with a single 2-pt dandelion on a turn) I don't think this is the way to go.

Now, as a separate mechanic? Yeah, I could see this being kinda fun, and a way to give dragons more flavor. This isn't just Frost, my Coli level 25 dragon, this is Frost my Coli level 25 and Foraging level 37 dragon! I dunno how it would play with the normal Gathering mechanic though... but that's what discussion is for, yeah?
I feel like this is one of those "would have been a fantastic idea in 2013 but doesn't work now" things. Gathering has been tied to account for 10 years now, so like... while I agree something should change (my level 40 Foragers should not be coming back with a single 2-pt dandelion on a turn) I don't think this is the way to go.

Now, as a separate mechanic? Yeah, I could see this being kinda fun, and a way to give dragons more flavor. This isn't just Frost, my Coli level 25 dragon, this is Frost my Coli level 25 and Foraging level 37 dragon! I dunno how it would play with the normal Gathering mechanic though... but that's what discussion is for, yeah?
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

Gathering is a simple mechanic, and I'd rather not see it get overly complicated or require more work. The proposed idea actually means we'd also get far less from the feature than we do.

But yeah, it's okay to have a feature that works simply, as the main factor is luck.

If it ain't broke, y'know?
No support.

Gathering is a simple mechanic, and I'd rather not see it get overly complicated or require more work. The proposed idea actually means we'd also get far less from the feature than we do.

But yeah, it's okay to have a feature that works simply, as the main factor is luck.

If it ain't broke, y'know?
gathering sucks as a whole and the mechanic needs an overhaul so i understand the desire for anything to make it better

i do think a fun expedition style minigame would be cool though - to supplement what you get via gathering kind of like how coli can be used
gathering sucks as a whole and the mechanic needs an overhaul so i understand the desire for anything to make it better

i do think a fun expedition style minigame would be cool though - to supplement what you get via gathering kind of like how coli can be used
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
[quote name="Renaiwom" date="2024-02-17 14:21:49" ]Now, as a separate mechanic? Yeah, I could see this being kinda fun, and a way to give dragons more flavor. This isn't just Frost, my Coli level 25 dragon, this is Frost my Coli level 25 and Foraging level 37 dragon! I dunno how it would play with the normal Gathering mechanic though... but that's what discussion is for, yeah? [/quote] Yesss
Renaiwom wrote on 2024-02-17 14:21:49:
Yesss
OTXJQ9a.png

the Vanguard
~
pings are OFF
pm me!
B92AFED0-9B7C-485C-8C3A-AA5FBAB5D7D8.png 8SzUkvf.png 1550190777019.png
While I do enjoy the idea of having other ways to level dragons other than just for combat purposes, I feel like it would be a struggle to implement this without getting rid of the account gathering levels - which would likely infuriate a lot of people who have taken the time to level all of the skills already, suddenly being set back to square one. It would almost have to be a completely separate system implemented in addition to standard gathering, and we already have coli for that because of all the loot drops.
While I do enjoy the idea of having other ways to level dragons other than just for combat purposes, I feel like it would be a struggle to implement this without getting rid of the account gathering levels - which would likely infuriate a lot of people who have taken the time to level all of the skills already, suddenly being set back to square one. It would almost have to be a completely separate system implemented in addition to standard gathering, and we already have coli for that because of all the loot drops.
SFixrnH.pngIeBhKII.png Tf2WhDq.pngnJ9aapY.png
I'd support this as a separate mechanic, but I'd prefer for the current way of gathering to remain untouched. A new gathering mechanic would be super fun I think :D more dragon stats !!!
I'd support this as a separate mechanic, but I'd prefer for the current way of gathering to remain untouched. A new gathering mechanic would be super fun I think :D more dragon stats !!!
< using my brain powers to get you to buy for 850g MONTY
he/it/veil
adhdtism
skincent shop
about me
93641105.png
I'd love to see a separate mechanic to this -- dragon-focused instead of account focused, but I also see the concern where you may get nothing at all. Gathering itself needs a total rehaul, but this is an interesting initial idea.
I'd love to see a separate mechanic to this -- dragon-focused instead of account focused, but I also see the concern where you may get nothing at all. Gathering itself needs a total rehaul, but this is an interesting initial idea.
mt8lr6s.png
Well adventure is going to be added but to replace the current gathering, no. The current gathering could use a rework but it doesn't need to be redone.
Well adventure is going to be added but to replace the current gathering, no. The current gathering could use a rework but it doesn't need to be redone.
theultimatecatsig.gif |
|
|
|
|
|
Wine is just overpriced grape juice
They/Him | FRT +17 | Artist
4sqjku3.png
»Wishlist
»Pinkerlocke
»Skin Shop