Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Reformat Den Tasks like Achievements?
1 2
People suggest this from time to time, and it's always a no support from me. Expensive slots are there to help balance out the cheaper slots, and no one should be able to just choose all the easy ones and never decide to do the harder ones, or it drastically throws off how expensive each slot is. Support if it's a system where you can submit the item for it to be "held" in its slot until you reach that actual slot, but it shouldn't actually unlock it until you reach that point. Response from a same suggestion thread about skipping hibden tasks that sums up the cost issue better than I can [quote name="LordJeanliness" date="2020-04-26 10:18:20" ] I suspect that the tasks are spaced the way they are precisely to slow players down. By adding expensive baffles like eggs and genes, the game controls how many slots you can get cheaply. If you look at the den tasks, they're generally laid out as a progression through the game: easy coli venues before hard ones, cheap genes before expensive ones, low level gathering items before high level ones. I acknowledge that there are exceptions to this. The den tasks are crafted to be more of a journey than a checklist. This serves to both encourage players to take advantage of many different aspects of the site and to progress in their ability to do so, but also provides balance in terms of how costly the slots are. We have another point of reference for how expensive slots are: 50g. Let's compare that to den slots. Valuing eggs at 300g and using a 1:1000t ratio, eggs, genes and breed changes will cost you ~6200g. That works out to ~20g per slot. Add in the money you could have gotten from hoardselling junk, selling familiars and apparel, selling slightly more expensive items like runestones and rare drops, the cheap MP stuff I didn't account for, chests, and so on, it's going to work out to more than 20g per slot but certainly not more than 50g per slot. I'm choosing to ignore the boss fams entirely since they're literally the last task. That feels balanced to me. It's way less convenient than gems, but you're paying less. Allowing players to skip the :( tasks and blow through the ones that cost them 50t in hoardsell value, maybe at most a few gems if there are fodder familiars, will cause that price per slot to PLUMMET. The inconvenience has been greatly reduced, and the price has been made negligible. [/quote]
People suggest this from time to time, and it's always a no support from me. Expensive slots are there to help balance out the cheaper slots, and no one should be able to just choose all the easy ones and never decide to do the harder ones, or it drastically throws off how expensive each slot is.

Support if it's a system where you can submit the item for it to be "held" in its slot until you reach that actual slot, but it shouldn't actually unlock it until you reach that point.

Response from a same suggestion thread about skipping hibden tasks that sums up the cost issue better than I can
LordJeanliness wrote on 2020-04-26 10:18:20:
I suspect that the tasks are spaced the way they are precisely to slow players down. By adding expensive baffles like eggs and genes, the game controls how many slots you can get cheaply. If you look at the den tasks, they're generally laid out as a progression through the game: easy coli venues before hard ones, cheap genes before expensive ones, low level gathering items before high level ones. I acknowledge that there are exceptions to this.

The den tasks are crafted to be more of a journey than a checklist. This serves to both encourage players to take advantage of many different aspects of the site and to progress in their ability to do so, but also provides balance in terms of how costly the slots are.

We have another point of reference for how expensive slots are: 50g. Let's compare that to den slots. Valuing eggs at 300g and using a 1:1000t ratio, eggs, genes and breed changes will cost you ~6200g. That works out to ~20g per slot. Add in the money you could have gotten from hoardselling junk, selling familiars and apparel, selling slightly more expensive items like runestones and rare drops, the cheap MP stuff I didn't account for, chests, and so on, it's going to work out to more than 20g per slot but certainly not more than 50g per slot. I'm choosing to ignore the boss fams entirely since they're literally the last task.

That feels balanced to me. It's way less convenient than gems, but you're paying less.

Allowing players to skip the :( tasks and blow through the ones that cost them 50t in hoardsell value, maybe at most a few gems if there are fodder familiars, will cause that price per slot to PLUMMET. The inconvenience has been greatly reduced, and the price has been made negligible.
Untitled47-20231219225403.png
FObX7rS.png5hF3FGk.png
fDSaoY3.pngNN9NPXA.pngtqGkHih.png
Untitled48-20231219225437.png
i would say no support. the purpose of the set order is that you cannot speedrun all the easy and cheap ones and just ignore all the harder ones. removing all the intended challenge and pacing does not really make much sense to me, and would make it much less balanced.
i would say no support. the purpose of the set order is that you cannot speedrun all the easy and cheap ones and just ignore all the harder ones. removing all the intended challenge and pacing does not really make much sense to me, and would make it much less balanced.
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
[quote name="Astaraela" date="2024-02-14 04:32:42" ] Support if it's a system where you can submit the item for it to be "held" in its slot until you reach that actual slot, but it shouldn't actually unlock it until you reach that point. [/quote] I'm in support of this, it's frustrating to have to keep track of all the items you still need, even using spreadsheets to track feels like way more of a hassle than just implementing this. I understand the concern about the difficulty, so having a full list of completeable hibden tasks wouldn't be the best solution, but I would really like an up in the amount of available tasks. 15 seems like a good number, maybe 13 (although it's not such a nice multiple, but it doesn't really matter all that much).
Astaraela wrote on 2024-02-14 04:32:42:
Support if it's a system where you can submit the item for it to be "held" in its slot until you reach that actual slot, but it shouldn't actually unlock it until you reach that point.

I'm in support of this, it's frustrating to have to keep track of all the items you still need, even using spreadsheets to track feels like way more of a hassle than just implementing this.

I understand the concern about the difficulty, so having a full list of completeable hibden tasks wouldn't be the best solution, but I would really like an up in the amount of available tasks. 15 seems like a good number, maybe 13 (although it's not such a nice multiple, but it doesn't really matter all that much).
eheu... ova!
no pronouns, refer to me as Dormie or Dormiebasne. Don't use they/them please.
This might be selfish but I don't understand the no supports

Each player has their own hib den that they use for their own reason/purpose
Why say "no, you can't speed run it" when everyone uses their hib den differently?
The hib den tasks aren't fun, they're tedious and time consuming imo
I genuinely feel like people forget this is a game
And, how or why does it affect you? Why are people concerned if it doesn't affect them? Just, Don't shuffle them if you don't want to!
This might be selfish but I don't understand the no supports

Each player has their own hib den that they use for their own reason/purpose
Why say "no, you can't speed run it" when everyone uses their hib den differently?
The hib den tasks aren't fun, they're tedious and time consuming imo
I genuinely feel like people forget this is a game
And, how or why does it affect you? Why are people concerned if it doesn't affect them? Just, Don't shuffle them if you don't want to!
LEpJMnn.png
J8QoPxT.png
CtM8cLF.png tqGkHih.png
5DjYECS.png
really i just wish there was an exhausted hibden thing at the bottom of items, maybe a greyed-out note with a noticeably different shade?
i want to know which things i still need to hoard
really i just wish there was an exhausted hibden thing at the bottom of items, maybe a greyed-out note with a noticeably different shade?
i want to know which things i still need to hoard

NN9NPXA.png
P9aWhak.png
OxagJgG.png
WKtl2lb.png
haxorus.gif

t3kr0g.png
1 2