Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Link or '@dragon' in profile comments
When I want - or others want to do about mine - to comment on someone's dragons, I usually use their name. However, that can become a problem when you own a lot of dragons or the name is not unique (for example, unnamed dragons).

I think that profile comments could have a feature to link to a specific dragon, so for example:
NOW: Hexa is awesome!
WOULD BE: @.d.Hexa is awesome!

Might also be useful as a widget in the share button for forums, not only the profiles.
When I want - or others want to do about mine - to comment on someone's dragons, I usually use their name. However, that can become a problem when you own a lot of dragons or the name is not unique (for example, unnamed dragons).

I think that profile comments could have a feature to link to a specific dragon, so for example:
NOW: Hexa is awesome!
WOULD BE: @.d.Hexa is awesome!

Might also be useful as a widget in the share button for forums, not only the profiles.
JQQ3Fjt.png
I'd say you would want it to be coded like similar, for example:

[dragon id=12345678] would become Unnamed

and then the back-end coding would make it automatically turn into a URL of the dragons name, whether they have a given name or are still 'Unnamed'.

Much like how the gamedb item coding works:

[*gamedb item*=123*] becomes Maggot, when you remove the *s.

ETA: If the dragon code included a tiny little pixel of their avatar that would be hilarious and amazing
I'd say you would want it to be coded like similar, for example:

[dragon id=12345678] would become Unnamed

and then the back-end coding would make it automatically turn into a URL of the dragons name, whether they have a given name or are still 'Unnamed'.

Much like how the gamedb item coding works:

[*gamedb item*=123*] becomes Maggot, when you remove the *s.

ETA: If the dragon code included a tiny little pixel of their avatar that would be hilarious and amazing
135783.png
92556387.png

Activity | Projects | UMAs
Farming Notes
Pretty Fodder

72964495.png
86867754.png
this would be awesome for sales inquiries as well. do DB widgets work in PM? i know i've done it through profile comments before but i know mostly that's done via PM and rn there's no widget for it so you have to build the link by hand, which is clunky on mobile.
this would be awesome for sales inquiries as well. do DB widgets work in PM? i know i've done it through profile comments before but i know mostly that's done via PM and rn there's no widget for it so you have to build the link by hand, which is clunky on mobile.
Sure. DB items get their own tag, letting dragons have it as well would be nice. Could have separate tags for just the name, or even an image with link (which would be the url and img tag combo) Whether users actually use it when complimenting or inquiring about dragons is another matter [emoji=coatl deadpan size=1] lol
Sure. DB items get their own tag, letting dragons have it as well would be nice. Could have separate tags for just the name, or even an image with link (which would be the url and img tag combo)

Whether users actually use it when complimenting or inquiring about dragons is another matter lol
Need a fodder trainer build? Try one of these:
Kelp Beds - Leviathan Leveler - 2 Fodder Trainer
GLR + Mire - Ghire Gorer - 2 Fodder
Mire - Mire Mauler - 2 Fodder
GLR - Ruin Wrecker - 2 Fodder Trainer
Boreal Wood- Boreal Banisher - 2 Fodder Trainer
Harpy's Roost - Roost Rustler - 2 Fodder Trainer
Launch_Plans_-_Small.png
(Don't ping the staff)
Considering that (for inquiries at least) I usually have people giving the ID# or linking the dragon directly, adding a [dragon=id#] style widget would definitely give people a potentially easier way to do that. If it were enabled coding for profile comments, even better, as I always just end up using names there because using ID numbers feels impersonal somehow!
Considering that (for inquiries at least) I usually have people giving the ID# or linking the dragon directly, adding a [dragon=id#] style widget would definitely give people a potentially easier way to do that. If it were enabled coding for profile comments, even better, as I always just end up using names there because using ID numbers feels impersonal somehow!
This gets my support as I think it would be something very useful to have.
This gets my support as I think it would be something very useful to have.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?