Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Fiona's Bonding Pen
1 2
Today I propose to you a [b]new Fiona sub-section — the bonding pen![/b] [center][img]https://i.ibb.co/nbZ3PyQ/menu.png[/img][/center] In short, [b]it will allow users to bond with familiars in their hoard more efficiently.[/b] As seen on the mock-up, a user will be able to bond with the familiar, swap it out for another one manually (if they don't wanna bond with it for whatever reason), or to skip it for another familiar from their hoard to appear in its place automatically: [center][img]https://i.ibb.co/xzMCHmJ/pen.png[/img][/center] Upon clicking "Bond", you'd see a generic bonding pop-up with the rewards, after which the page will refresh.[b] Refreshed page will automatically have a new unbonded familiar[/b] from your hoard already placed into Fiona's pen. [emoji=phoenix feather size=1] [b]This means you can click to bond -> page reloads -> rinse and repeat.[/b] Users would be able to change the order in which the familiars would swap out automatically: alphabetically, by ID, by rarity, and by bonding level; in both ascending and descending order. This suggestion [b]wouldn't decrease the site's ad revenue,[/b] as users would keep refreshing the page to bond with familiars they own. In fact, more users might be bonding with their familiars (and looking at ads) if the mechanic is made more convenient. If this is too overpowered, bonding through Fiona can reward no chests, so economy stays intact, too. [color=grey][i]I know this is still not the most accessible and disability-friendly suggestion given that it requires so much clicking, but I'm trying to work with FR's need to get ad revenue to survive. It's a compromise to regular bonding as it is. I guess. orz[/i][/color]
Today I propose to you a new Fiona sub-section — the bonding pen!
menu.png

In short, it will allow users to bond with familiars in their hoard more efficiently.
As seen on the mock-up, a user will be able to bond with the familiar, swap it out for another one manually (if they don't wanna bond with it for whatever reason), or to skip it for another familiar from their hoard to appear in its place automatically:

pen.png

Upon clicking "Bond", you'd see a generic bonding pop-up with the rewards, after which the page will refresh. Refreshed page will automatically have a new unbonded familiar from your hoard already placed into Fiona's pen.

This means you can click to bond -> page reloads -> rinse and repeat.

Users would be able to change the order in which the familiars would swap out automatically: alphabetically, by ID, by rarity, and by bonding level; in both ascending and descending order.

This suggestion wouldn't decrease the site's ad revenue, as users would keep refreshing the page to bond with familiars they own. In fact, more users might be bonding with their familiars (and looking at ads) if the mechanic is made more convenient.

If this is too overpowered, bonding through Fiona can reward no chests, so economy stays intact, too.

I know this is still not the most accessible and disability-friendly suggestion given that it requires so much clicking, but I'm trying to work with FR's need to get ad revenue to survive. It's a compromise to regular bonding as it is. I guess. orz
..... image.png
-.-
-

FR+10 | She/It | 23

-.-
Tumblr Blog | Skin Shop
--
-.- 01.png
mmm this… i like this… it’s not a perfect solution ofc but it’s certainly better than the two-tab method which is slow and prohibitive for mainly-mobile users like myself
mmm this… i like this… it’s not a perfect solution ofc but it’s certainly better than the two-tab method which is slow and prohibitive for mainly-mobile users like myself
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo this is so cute. i love that
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo this is so cute. i love that
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
I love the mock-ups! Support, would be cute and good for people's hands (mine hurt because I just decided to bond with all the fams in my vault (all of which are awakened) too, right after a coli grinding session...)
I love the mock-ups! Support, would be cute and good for people's hands (mine hurt because I just decided to bond with all the fams in my vault (all of which are awakened) too, right after a coli grinding session...)
They/Them pronouns please!
Important note: If my posts seem more stressed than normal, or just generally seem off, tell me to go play A Hat in Time or something like that.
Terraria Forums About Page: here. My signature there includes a link to my AMA, which has my OC colors.
I don't mind getting pings, and I usually don't sub to threads, so ping me in replies and hopefully I won't miss them
Hmmm. I'm not sure how I feel about encouraging users to bond with every familiar in their hoard. While technically allowed, it's a lot of treasure and chest bloat - and if you take that away, what remains the incentive to bond for more than a small handful of players or an even smaller handful of familiars (that could be managed via a dragon anyway)?
I'd prefer this as an easier way to bond with the familiars attached to your dragons - some of the issue for people is that loading all of the information stored on every individual dragons page is too slow on their connection and thus extremely tedious. This Fiona page is a lot more simplistic, it would load so much smoother and faster and require less clicks too. So it'd be a decent alternative.
Hmmm. I'm not sure how I feel about encouraging users to bond with every familiar in their hoard. While technically allowed, it's a lot of treasure and chest bloat - and if you take that away, what remains the incentive to bond for more than a small handful of players or an even smaller handful of familiars (that could be managed via a dragon anyway)?
I'd prefer this as an easier way to bond with the familiars attached to your dragons - some of the issue for people is that loading all of the information stored on every individual dragons page is too slow on their connection and thus extremely tedious. This Fiona page is a lot more simplistic, it would load so much smoother and faster and require less clicks too. So it'd be a decent alternative.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
I had seen so many Bond-All suggestions or bonding change suggestions so much. I would support this as it’s a lot more streamlined either with dragons, hoard, or both. I’m leading more to both, but I do think it should be fine to keep the rewards. It still requires work.
I had seen so many Bond-All suggestions or bonding change suggestions so much. I would support this as it’s a lot more streamlined either with dragons, hoard, or both. I’m leading more to both, but I do think it should be fine to keep the rewards. It still requires work.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
[quote name="Recallback" date="2023-12-29 13:26:20" ] It's a lot of treasure and chest bloat. [/quote] I've addressed it in the main post that chests can simply not drop via this bonding method, and I feel like 50t per familiar is quite negligible for the economy. Especially since it's still kiiiiinda the same bonding as it is now anyway, just one click less and probably a bit faster to load. This is more of a QoL change to the current system than a new significantly easier system. (I would love the latter to happen anyway, but at this point I'm asking for the bare minimum to keep FR's ad revenue flowing and players a tiny bit happier). With regards to incentive, I personally only bond for festival currency drops and to get Fiona familiars, so I would still use this feature even if it didn't drop chests nor treasure. [quote name="Recallback" date="2023-12-29 13:26:20" ] I'd prefer this as an easier way to bond with the familiars attached to your dragons. [/quote] Though, I could get behind this idea! I don't love going through dragons either due to the load times and would be happy to bond with equipped familiars on either a Flattery-style page or even via the suggested mock-up.
Recallback wrote on 2023-12-29 13:26:20:
It's a lot of treasure and chest bloat.

I've addressed it in the main post that chests can simply not drop via this bonding method, and I feel like 50t per familiar is quite negligible for the economy. Especially since it's still kiiiiinda the same bonding as it is now anyway, just one click less and probably a bit faster to load. This is more of a QoL change to the current system than a new significantly easier system. (I would love the latter to happen anyway, but at this point I'm asking for the bare minimum to keep FR's ad revenue flowing and players a tiny bit happier).

With regards to incentive, I personally only bond for festival currency drops and to get Fiona familiars, so I would still use this feature even if it didn't drop chests nor treasure.

I'd prefer this as an easier way to bond with the familiars attached to your dragons.

Though, I could get behind this idea! I don't love going through dragons either due to the load times and would be happy to bond with equipped familiars on either a Flattery-style page or even via the suggested mock-up.
..... image.png
-.-
-

FR+10 | She/It | 23

-.-
Tumblr Blog | Skin Shop
--
-.- 01.png
Very nice!! I'd be pleased if something like this was implemented
Very nice!! I'd be pleased if something like this was implemented
1205.png 2024 DRAGON CENSUS
NEST NETWORK
Check bounty status
Free cauldron!
[quote name="hydde" date="2023-12-29 13:38:18" ] [quote name="Recallback" date="2023-12-29 13:26:20" ] It's a lot of treasure and chest bloat. [/quote] I've addressed it in the main post that chests can simply not drop via this bonding method, and I feel like 50t per familiar is quite negligible for the economy. Especially since it's still kiiiiinda the same bonding as it is now anyway, just one click less and probably a bit faster to load. This is more of a QoL change to the current system than a new significantly easier system. (I would love the latter to happen anyway, but at this point I'm asking for the bare minimum to keep FR's ad revenue flowing and players a tiny bit happier). With regards to incentive, I personally only bond for festival currency drops and to get Fiona familiars, so I would still use this feature even if it didn't drop chests nor treasure. [quote name="Recallback" date="2023-12-29 13:26:20" ] I'd prefer this as an easier way to bond with the familiars attached to your dragons. [/quote] Though, I could get behind this idea! I don't love going through dragons either due to the load times and would be happy to bond with equipped familiars on either a Flattery-style page or even via the suggested mock-up. [/quote] First even "only 50 t" *1000 is still a lot. Second looking at suggestion not give chest - nothing stop player exploit this bonding thru this page all but last click before chest. And simply make last click from dragon page to get chests.
hydde wrote on 2023-12-29 13:38:18:
It's a lot of treasure and chest bloat.

I've addressed it in the main post that chests can simply not drop via this bonding method, and I feel like 50t per familiar is quite negligible for the economy. Especially since it's still kiiiiinda the same bonding as it is now anyway, just one click less and probably a bit faster to load. This is more of a QoL change to the current system than a new significantly easier system. (I would love the latter to happen anyway, but at this point I'm asking for the bare minimum to keep FR's ad revenue flowing and players a tiny bit happier).

With regards to incentive, I personally only bond for festival currency drops and to get Fiona familiars, so I would still use this feature even if it didn't drop chests nor treasure.

I'd prefer this as an easier way to bond with the familiars attached to your dragons.

Though, I could get behind this idea! I don't love going through dragons either due to the load times and would be happy to bond with equipped familiars on either a Flattery-style page or even via the suggested mock-up.
First even "only 50 t" *1000 is still a lot.
Second looking at suggestion not give chest - nothing stop player exploit this bonding thru this page all but last click before chest. And simply make last click from dragon page to get chests.

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
While this would be incredibly useful for grinding out all those sweet extra rewards from bonding with familiars during NotN, I cannot support an idea that would fundamentally change how players are intended to interact with familiars and bonding.
Right now players are at most expected to bond with the familiars that are attached to their dragons, bonding with any more than that is a choice that each player must make for themselves, are the extra rewards worth the extra effort?

Adding this button would only make players feel like they are expected to bond with every familiar they own, and that they have to hold on to familiars that they have awakened because otherwise they'd miss out on daily rewards.
Additionally, players with nearly full familiar collections would have to click this button over 1000 times, every, single, day. No matter how you look at that it's not a very engaging experience, especially not for players with slow internet.

Even if this feature was limited to the familiars that are already attached to your dragons I would still prefer to cycle through my dragons for bonding as I do already.
Part of what I enjoy most about familiars and bonding is choosing which familiar to pair with each dragon with each pairing holding it's own meaning, and as I visit my dragons' individual pages each day I get to see those pairings and be reminded of the choices I made.

Moving bonding away from the dragon page would mean losing the aesthetic of the feature, replaced with a simple button to repeatedly click without a care for the actual familiars as they cycle by, just waiting through page refreshes for the button to turn grey.
That's how I feel right now during NotN having chosen to bond with all my familiars to get Strange Chests, I'm just mindlessly clicking through my list of non-bonded familiars until it's empty and I don't like the idea of making that dreadful process the intended way to bond with familiars.
While this would be incredibly useful for grinding out all those sweet extra rewards from bonding with familiars during NotN, I cannot support an idea that would fundamentally change how players are intended to interact with familiars and bonding.
Right now players are at most expected to bond with the familiars that are attached to their dragons, bonding with any more than that is a choice that each player must make for themselves, are the extra rewards worth the extra effort?

Adding this button would only make players feel like they are expected to bond with every familiar they own, and that they have to hold on to familiars that they have awakened because otherwise they'd miss out on daily rewards.
Additionally, players with nearly full familiar collections would have to click this button over 1000 times, every, single, day. No matter how you look at that it's not a very engaging experience, especially not for players with slow internet.

Even if this feature was limited to the familiars that are already attached to your dragons I would still prefer to cycle through my dragons for bonding as I do already.
Part of what I enjoy most about familiars and bonding is choosing which familiar to pair with each dragon with each pairing holding it's own meaning, and as I visit my dragons' individual pages each day I get to see those pairings and be reminded of the choices I made.

Moving bonding away from the dragon page would mean losing the aesthetic of the feature, replaced with a simple button to repeatedly click without a care for the actual familiars as they cycle by, just waiting through page refreshes for the button to turn grey.
That's how I feel right now during NotN having chosen to bond with all my familiars to get Strange Chests, I'm just mindlessly clicking through my list of non-bonded familiars until it's empty and I don't like the idea of making that dreadful process the intended way to bond with familiars.
1 2