Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | More food sources
1 2 3 4 5 6
Please anything. Make better Soylents, cooking npc, our own farms, fix gathering so it isn’t terrible, not feeding dragons as often would be a dream. Just. Anything
Please anything. Make better Soylents, cooking npc, our own farms, fix gathering so it isn’t terrible, not feeding dragons as often would be a dream. Just. Anything
gG13YVz.pngtumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
Gathering needs a rebalancing but no support for adding more options that generate food. We already have gathering, coli, and baldwin. As well as the micro holidays that have increased drops and rates and add drops to dailies. For supplies we can't get ourselves, we're meant to trade for which is why people sell their excess food on the AH. Food values have already gone incredibly low, anything more and food wouldn't have much value beyond hoard sell. There's a lot of excess food being sold to be found if it's needed.

Though an NPC that lets us cook with the food we have to make different dishes, kinda like baldwin, could be neat.
Gathering needs a rebalancing but no support for adding more options that generate food. We already have gathering, coli, and baldwin. As well as the micro holidays that have increased drops and rates and add drops to dailies. For supplies we can't get ourselves, we're meant to trade for which is why people sell their excess food on the AH. Food values have already gone incredibly low, anything more and food wouldn't have much value beyond hoard sell. There's a lot of excess food being sold to be found if it's needed.

Though an NPC that lets us cook with the food we have to make different dishes, kinda like baldwin, could be neat.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
I actually think the exchange market for food is a good idea same with more baldwin food.

My only objection to food in chests is that it should not be able to take the place of familiars or apparel (aka it should only be in the same pool as low value materials/trinkets.)

I actually think the exchange market for food is a good idea same with more baldwin food.

My only objection to food in chests is that it should not be able to take the place of familiars or apparel (aka it should only be in the same pool as low value materials/trinkets.)

[quote name="Emylee" date="2022-09-07 08:44:26" ] Ideas I had are - to include food in chests (there is so many stuff, why no food?)[/quote] No thank you! chests pool already very overhelmed and chests exclusives get less and less chances to drop. [quote] - to have a market thing where you can sell/exchange materials or trinkets to food[/quote] just sell your trinkets on AH or hoardsell it and buy food on AH (Or you suspect food in market should selling below their hoarsell cost?) [quote]- to allow making food at Baldwin's through alchemy (doesn't sound unnatural xD)[/quote] Soylents - exist. Now answer why you ignore it? it literally reguairs spend 3 seconds*4 times reload couldron (once every 30 minute yes, you didn't make those clicks immidiatly one by one, but it is only 4 clics! Perhaps you just ignore Baldwin and coli becaus found it ask from you too mutch afford? But Any new mechanic like restouran or so should be same time consuming as coli ect to be balanced. Do not you think it could provide with tonns of food with no effort? In that case I suspect it will be same ignored as soylents and coli.) [quote]- to reduce the time dragons get hungry (it's crazy how many times a day you have to feed if you want to keep the 100% clan energy) [/quote] You only need keep hunger above 80% for feed bonus - i.e. you can feed dragons once at 3 days only!
Emylee wrote on 2022-09-07 08:44:26:

Ideas I had are
- to include food in chests (there is so many stuff, why no food?)
No thank you! chests pool already very overhelmed and chests exclusives get less and less chances to drop.
Quote:
- to have a market thing where you can sell/exchange materials or trinkets to food
just sell your trinkets on AH or hoardsell it and buy food on AH (Or you suspect food in market should selling below their hoarsell cost?)
Quote:
- to allow making food at Baldwin's through alchemy (doesn't sound unnatural xD)
Soylents - exist. Now answer why you ignore it? it literally reguairs spend 3 seconds*4 times reload couldron (once every 30 minute yes, you didn't make those clicks immidiatly one by one, but it is only 4 clics! Perhaps you just ignore Baldwin and coli becaus found it ask from you too mutch afford? But Any new mechanic like restouran or so should be same time consuming as coli ect to be balanced. Do not you think it could provide with tonns of food with no effort? In that case I suspect it will be same ignored as soylents and coli.)
Quote:
- to reduce the time dragons get hungry (it's crazy how many times a day you have to feed if you want to keep the 100% clan energy)

You only need keep hunger above 80% for feed bonus - i.e. you can feed dragons once at 3 days only!

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
I'm down for a cooking NPC. Based on the descriptions of food items, dragons have loads of cooking skills. Frying and chopping, and garnishing are just a few of them! We need a cook NPC to really show it off.

Also, Baldwin needs more food items. I wish there was a way to turn familiars into food with Baldwin. The line between familiar and friend is very thin in some cases. Food items are called familiars sometimes, and the deer-like familiars are actively hunted by the VS dragons.
I'm down for a cooking NPC. Based on the descriptions of food items, dragons have loads of cooking skills. Frying and chopping, and garnishing are just a few of them! We need a cook NPC to really show it off.

Also, Baldwin needs more food items. I wish there was a way to turn familiars into food with Baldwin. The line between familiar and friend is very thin in some cases. Food items are called familiars sometimes, and the deer-like familiars are actively hunted by the VS dragons.
Y02PS6v.png
[quote name="vihuff" date="2022-09-07 15:40:48" ] Gathering needs a rebalancing but no support for adding more options that generate food. We already have gathering, coli, and baldwin. As well as the micro holidays that have increased drops and rates and add drops to dailies. For supplies we can't get ourselves, we're meant to trade for which is why people sell their excess food on the AH. Food values have already gone incredibly low, anything more and food wouldn't have much value beyond hoard sell. There's a lot of excess food being sold to be found if it's needed. Though an NPC that lets us cook with the food we have to make different dishes, kinda like baldwin, could be neat. [/quote] ^ There's enough way to get foods. The only thing I'd support is a NPC giving us a meal daily (kinda like the omelet in neopets lol), but I'm not going to ask the devs to implement it. It would be fun, but it's not needed.
vihuff wrote on 2022-09-07 15:40:48:

^

There's enough way to get foods. The only thing I'd support is a NPC giving us a meal daily (kinda like the omelet in neopets lol), but I'm not going to ask the devs to implement it. It would be fun, but it's not needed.
Y5ILoot.png
[quote name="Panther202" date="2022-09-07 10:31:10" ] [quote name="wbicepuppy" date="2022-09-07 09:56:59" ] Cooking NPC! Cooking NPC! Cooking NPC! [/quote] Pleaaaase FR. Take away baldwin's soylents and just give us a cooking npc im BEGGING YOU [/quote] I have always wanted a cooking npc, possibly with some tie-ins to hypothetical achievements to make it more fun. :D
Panther202 wrote on 2022-09-07 10:31:10:
wbicepuppy wrote on 2022-09-07 09:56:59:
Cooking NPC! Cooking NPC! Cooking NPC!
Pleaaaase FR. Take away baldwin's soylents and just give us a cooking npc im BEGGING YOU

I have always wanted a cooking npc, possibly with some tie-ins to hypothetical achievements to make it more fun. :D
I think Gathering does need balancing, as I've many times spent a gathering turn to get... 6 food points >_>
I would not be for a trading hub, as the AH is basically that and something like Crim ends up being a loss of treasure/item.

A cook (Baldwin's long lost brother!) that you could create unique food items when combining 2-3-4 things would be pretty nice, though unlike Baldwin's Soylent, it should be more worthwhile. Brewing foods together should be influenced by rarity and/or quantity, like 4 items of 2 FP each give 75 FP when brewed together, while 4 items of 5 FP each give 150 FP after brewed. Recipes could be varied and offer plenty of possibilities no matter what you have in your hoard!

In my opinion, a farm would be pretty awesome as it would be a fair balance, kind of like Arlo. A neutral, non coliseum or selling-your-stuff way to obtain food without it being too easy? And you are free to use it, or not :)
You start with 2 plots of 5x5 squares with a drop down menu from where you can select the food type you wish to be cultivating. For seafood you get a pond, for meat you get a campfire, for insects a terrarium and for plants soil. At level 1, you can cultivate a stack of 99 worth 2 food points, for example Mussels, Game Fowl, Redworms and Cliff Lion.

You can gather once a day for Watering Cans (aka Pickaxe), Garden Forks (aka Magnifying Glass) and Mulch (aka Research Notes) & help your fellow Gardeners by sending them Mulch or trading it for more ressources.

You gain exp for each uncovered tile and up to level 30(max level), and at set levels ex: at level 5, 10, 15... you gain access to new a new "recipe" (or item in this case) worth more food points to cultivate, up to 6 FP. At level 5-10-20-30, you gain 1 more plot to cultivate from, up to 6.
Each plot completed awards you a stack of 99 of whatever food type you've selected for that plot.

You'd get to pick how much time you wish to invest in this just like Arlo and it can serve people who don't have much time to be on FR as much as more active users with bigger lairs who want a little extra food ^^
I think Gathering does need balancing, as I've many times spent a gathering turn to get... 6 food points >_>
I would not be for a trading hub, as the AH is basically that and something like Crim ends up being a loss of treasure/item.

A cook (Baldwin's long lost brother!) that you could create unique food items when combining 2-3-4 things would be pretty nice, though unlike Baldwin's Soylent, it should be more worthwhile. Brewing foods together should be influenced by rarity and/or quantity, like 4 items of 2 FP each give 75 FP when brewed together, while 4 items of 5 FP each give 150 FP after brewed. Recipes could be varied and offer plenty of possibilities no matter what you have in your hoard!

In my opinion, a farm would be pretty awesome as it would be a fair balance, kind of like Arlo. A neutral, non coliseum or selling-your-stuff way to obtain food without it being too easy? And you are free to use it, or not :)
You start with 2 plots of 5x5 squares with a drop down menu from where you can select the food type you wish to be cultivating. For seafood you get a pond, for meat you get a campfire, for insects a terrarium and for plants soil. At level 1, you can cultivate a stack of 99 worth 2 food points, for example Mussels, Game Fowl, Redworms and Cliff Lion.

You can gather once a day for Watering Cans (aka Pickaxe), Garden Forks (aka Magnifying Glass) and Mulch (aka Research Notes) & help your fellow Gardeners by sending them Mulch or trading it for more ressources.

You gain exp for each uncovered tile and up to level 30(max level), and at set levels ex: at level 5, 10, 15... you gain access to new a new "recipe" (or item in this case) worth more food points to cultivate, up to 6 FP. At level 5-10-20-30, you gain 1 more plot to cultivate from, up to 6.
Each plot completed awards you a stack of 99 of whatever food type you've selected for that plot.

You'd get to pick how much time you wish to invest in this just like Arlo and it can serve people who don't have much time to be on FR as much as more active users with bigger lairs who want a little extra food ^^
YaLh2Os.png
I'm not gonna make any comments on the need for more food as I'm well stocked and have plenty of free time for coli. I can however say that Baldwin's soylents are extremely unbalanced in cost which I'd at least like to see remedied.
I'm not gonna make any comments on the need for more food as I'm well stocked and have plenty of free time for coli. I can however say that Baldwin's soylents are extremely unbalanced in cost which I'd at least like to see remedied.
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png
I don't really need food, I've coli'd enough that my lair has food socked away like they're doomsday preppers, so I can't speak to how the game works if you didn't spend an obscene amount of time in the coliseum for several years running.

But I would love a cooking or farming mechanic just to have more to do. Especially farming, give me a reason to quit Hay Day for more time spent on FR and I'll jump on it.
I don't really need food, I've coli'd enough that my lair has food socked away like they're doomsday preppers, so I can't speak to how the game works if you didn't spend an obscene amount of time in the coliseum for several years running.

But I would love a cooking or farming mechanic just to have more to do. Especially farming, give me a reason to quit Hay Day for more time spent on FR and I'll jump on it.
1 2 3 4 5 6