Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Veto an Eye Type
1 2 3 4
I think it may be hard to implement and also can be exploited if we could choose the tier above, so the compromise can be, as said above, the account option to convert special eyes to common (visible only to this account). It will help not only with hatching your own dragons but looking through other lairs as well.

Also, maybe an option to hatch only common eyes? Nitpicking seems a bit OP to me, but common as default should be fine.
I think it may be hard to implement and also can be exploited if we could choose the tier above, so the compromise can be, as said above, the account option to convert special eyes to common (visible only to this account). It will help not only with hatching your own dragons but looking through other lairs as well.

Also, maybe an option to hatch only common eyes? Nitpicking seems a bit OP to me, but common as default should be fine.
I feel that the original suggestion is too complicated, I can however support the counter suggestion that if a player doesn't want to hatch particular eye types because they disturb them there be a setting to disable those particular eyes, and any of those that are disabled would become common when hatched.
I feel that the original suggestion is too complicated, I can however support the counter suggestion that if a player doesn't want to hatch particular eye types because they disturb them there be a setting to disable those particular eyes, and any of those that are disabled would become common when hatched.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote name="DragonSage" date="2022-05-08 06:21:19" ] I feel that the original suggestion is too complicated, I can however support the counter suggestion that if a player doesn't want to hatch particular eye types because they disturb them there be a setting to disable those particular eyes, and any of those that are disabled would become common when hatched. [/quote] I have always liked this idea. If you don't want to hatch a particular eye type, then you should be able to 'remove it from the pool'. However, that eye type, if rolled, would default to common, so you don't get better chance at other eye types just by removing one. I don't really like the idea of the hatchling still having that particular eye type, because I have always disliked the idea that you have to pay to 'put things back to the way they were before' IE, you have to pay to revert it to common. I also feel it would be far easier to just make it actually default to common rather than have it visually appear as common to the owner and non-common to everyone else. Edit: I also don't like the idea that the change is permanent, as people can change, so while they might not like goat now, in a year, they might have changed their mind, but now are out of luck with hatching it. So, a simple toggle that can be turned on and off at will would be far better to me.
DragonSage wrote on 2022-05-08 06:21:19:
I have always liked this idea.

If you don't want to hatch a particular eye type, then you should be able to 'remove it from the pool'. However, that eye type, if rolled, would default to common, so you don't get better chance at other eye types just by removing one.

I don't really like the idea of the hatchling still having that particular eye type, because I have always disliked the idea that you have to pay to 'put things back to the way they were before' IE, you have to pay to revert it to common. I also feel it would be far easier to just make it actually default to common rather than have it visually appear as common to the owner and non-common to everyone else.

Edit: I also don't like the idea that the change is permanent, as people can change, so while they might not like goat now, in a year, they might have changed their mind, but now are out of luck with hatching it.

So, a simple toggle that can be turned on and off at will would be far better to me.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I don't really think I should have to gimp my account, and having only the option to veto to common is particularly unfair to people who want to veto multi or primal...

(And you could easily have the scroll but have all vetos to common be free if locking the veto behind a pay wall is the problem.)

However, if I have to gimp my account so be it. I hate goat. I never want another goat so long as I live.
I don't really think I should have to gimp my account, and having only the option to veto to common is particularly unfair to people who want to veto multi or primal...

(And you could easily have the scroll but have all vetos to common be free if locking the veto behind a pay wall is the problem.)

However, if I have to gimp my account so be it. I hate goat. I never want another goat so long as I live.
86cgLtF.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2022-05-08 06:44:59" ] So, a simple toggle that can be turned on and off at will would be far better to me. [/quote] People would abuse a toggle and toggle out of whatever is least pleasing for a particular nest before hatching it, thus gaining value. So of you absolutely shouldn't be able to gain value (even by paying for it) then this counts as abuse. At least make it a long cooldown. I still like a scroll better since you would inherently be paying to swap.
Jemadar wrote on 2022-05-08 06:44:59:
So, a simple toggle that can be turned on and off at will would be far better to me.

People would abuse a toggle and toggle out of whatever is least pleasing for a particular nest before hatching it, thus gaining value. So of you absolutely shouldn't be able to gain value (even by paying for it) then this counts as abuse.

At least make it a long cooldown.

I still like a scroll better since you would inherently be paying to swap.
86cgLtF.png
i just need to point out that using 'the average account lifetime' to calculate cost vs profit isn't a great metric, because there's just too much room for variance in how much hatching someone does while they're playing. someone who plays for 8 months but immediately obtains 30 pairs and breeds them every 2 weeks will have produced almost as many hatchlings as i have since 2013.

people who breed to exalt their own fodder typically hatch more.

people who run hatcheries actually tend to hatch less, as they by and large do a nest and wait for dragons to sell.

people who participate in challenges like 'stock the pond' or colorwheel or legacy challenges hatch more.

people who collect G1s can sometimes hatch more (mass hatches are so popular)

depending on playstyle, 4 accounts of the same age will pump vastly different #s of hatchlings into the economy.

--and i'm assuming this would work on G1s, in which case being able to tip the odds in favor of primal or other expensive-to-add eye types would take the accessibility feature and make it a for-profit feature.

basically i agree with the person that said this feels like an over-engineered solution to the problem.
i just need to point out that using 'the average account lifetime' to calculate cost vs profit isn't a great metric, because there's just too much room for variance in how much hatching someone does while they're playing. someone who plays for 8 months but immediately obtains 30 pairs and breeds them every 2 weeks will have produced almost as many hatchlings as i have since 2013.

people who breed to exalt their own fodder typically hatch more.

people who run hatcheries actually tend to hatch less, as they by and large do a nest and wait for dragons to sell.

people who participate in challenges like 'stock the pond' or colorwheel or legacy challenges hatch more.

people who collect G1s can sometimes hatch more (mass hatches are so popular)

depending on playstyle, 4 accounts of the same age will pump vastly different #s of hatchlings into the economy.

--and i'm assuming this would work on G1s, in which case being able to tip the odds in favor of primal or other expensive-to-add eye types would take the accessibility feature and make it a for-profit feature.

basically i agree with the person that said this feels like an over-engineered solution to the problem.
[quote name="Aliandrin" date="2022-05-08 08:00:42" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2022-05-08 06:44:59" ] So, a simple toggle that can be turned on and off at will would be far better to me. [/quote] People would abuse a toggle and toggle out of whatever is least pleasing for a particular nest before hatching it, thus gaining value. So of you absolutely shouldn't be able to gain value (even by paying for it) then this counts as abuse. At least make it a long cooldown. I still like a scroll better since you would inherently be paying to swap. [/quote] I don't really see how opting out of higher values, to hatch common eyes, will make a dragon gain value? If you opt out of multi, you don't suddenly get a better chance at primal, you get a better chance at common. If you opt out of all the tints, you aren't more likely to get the 'special' eye types, but rather common. So, I honestly do not see how a toggle could be abused, because value doesn't tend to come from common eye type, but rather the rarer types. I feel that if you could opt out of say goat, and get a greater chance of multi/primal, it is more easily abused than opting out of goat and getting common instead.
Aliandrin wrote on 2022-05-08 08:00:42:

People would abuse a toggle and toggle out of whatever is least pleasing for a particular nest before hatching it, thus gaining value. So of you absolutely shouldn't be able to gain value (even by paying for it) then this counts as abuse.

I don't really see how opting out of higher values, to hatch common eyes, will make a dragon gain value?

If you opt out of multi, you don't suddenly get a better chance at primal, you get a better chance at common. If you opt out of all the tints, you aren't more likely to get the 'special' eye types, but rather common.

So, I honestly do not see how a toggle could be abused, because value doesn't tend to come from common eye type, but rather the rarer types.

I feel that if you could opt out of say goat, and get a greater chance of multi/primal, it is more easily abused than opting out of goat and getting common instead.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
There isn't a problem to solve. If you don't like the eye type it, you can easily change it for dragons you want to keep or exalt the dragon right off the bat. The problem types are so rare anyway.

Like if anything, if you so desperately want a toggle, it should be for pre-eye type update breeding behaviour (i.e. all common or all bright). take the eyes or leave 'em.
There isn't a problem to solve. If you don't like the eye type it, you can easily change it for dragons you want to keep or exalt the dragon right off the bat. The problem types are so rare anyway.

Like if anything, if you so desperately want a toggle, it should be for pre-eye type update breeding behaviour (i.e. all common or all bright). take the eyes or leave 'em.
[quote name="Aliandrin" date="2022-05-08 08:00:42" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2022-05-08 06:44:59" ] So, a simple toggle that can be turned on and off at will would be far better to me. [/quote] People would abuse a toggle and toggle out of whatever is least pleasing for a particular nest before hatching it, thus gaining value. So of you absolutely shouldn't be able to gain value (even by paying for it) then this counts as abuse. At least make it a long cooldown. I still like a scroll better since you would inherently be paying to swap. [/quote] Ever since the eye vial update eyes barely effect the price of a dragon. The difference would be so miniscule that it would hardly be a difference at all. If it defaults to common eyes than there would likely be no difference. The only thing common effects is the shade of the eyes, and if people are barely willing to pay extra for Primal and MG they probably aren't going to pay extra for common Not *[i]everything[/i]* has to be a paid feature. Sometimes things are better free. I feel like this is one of those cases

Ever since the eye vial update eyes barely effect the price of a dragon. The difference would be so miniscule that it would hardly be a difference at all.

If it defaults to common eyes than there would likely be no difference. The only thing common effects is the shade of the eyes, and if people are barely willing to pay extra for Primal and MG they probably aren't going to pay extra for common

Not *everything* has to be a paid feature. Sometimes things are better free. I feel like this is one of those cases
"Hi my name is Crow with a B and I’ve been afraid of insects my whole lif-" "Stop stop stop- where?" "What?" "Where’s the B? "TherE'S A BEE???"
Pixel Adopts --- Wishlist/Gene tracker
[quote name="AspenCrow" date="2022-05-08 11:36:23" ] [quote name="Aliandrin" date="2022-05-08 08:00:42" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2022-05-08 06:44:59" ] So, a simple toggle that can be turned on and off at will would be far better to me. [/quote] People would abuse a toggle and toggle out of whatever is least pleasing for a particular nest before hatching it, thus gaining value. So of you absolutely shouldn't be able to gain value (even by paying for it) then this counts as abuse. At least make it a long cooldown. I still like a scroll better since you would inherently be paying to swap. [/quote] Ever since the eye vial update eyes barely effect the price of a dragon. The difference would be so miniscule that it would hardly be a difference at all. If it defaults to common eyes than there would likely be no difference. The only thing common effects is the shade of the eyes, and if people are barely willing to pay extra for Primal and MG they probably aren't going to pay extra for common Not *[i]everything[/i]* has to be a paid feature. Sometimes things are better free. I feel like this is one of those cases [/quote] This. By my understanding, OP doesn't like Goat. This function serves better as an accessibility feature to allow people to completely negate seeing eye types that make them squirm, anxious, etc. Changing them to common, uncommon, or even rare would likely be most ideal. I get where you're coming from in changing them to another of similar rarity, but like I said: this is something that should be an accessibility feature, not an expensive paywall. Rare types barely increase price at all anymore, and opting out of the special eyes so that hatchling eyes match better is hardly abuse of the system. If someone wants to go through and do all that, fine. It just means they're not getting any of the special eyes, so who really cares? Hatchlings with matching eyes honestly, from my experience, don't sell for any more than any other hatchling. The difference is they're more likely to sell, and faster, because a lot of people prefer that. All in all, no support for the original suggestion. I can get behind the other accessibility based ideas though!
AspenCrow wrote on 2022-05-08 11:36:23:

Ever since the eye vial update eyes barely effect the price of a dragon. The difference would be so miniscule that it would hardly be a difference at all.

If it defaults to common eyes than there would likely be no difference. The only thing common effects is the shade of the eyes, and if people are barely willing to pay extra for Primal and MG they probably aren't going to pay extra for common

Not *everything* has to be a paid feature. Sometimes things are better free. I feel like this is one of those cases

This. By my understanding, OP doesn't like Goat. This function serves better as an accessibility feature to allow people to completely negate seeing eye types that make them squirm, anxious, etc. Changing them to common, uncommon, or even rare would likely be most ideal. I get where you're coming from in changing them to another of similar rarity, but like I said: this is something that should be an accessibility feature, not an expensive paywall.

Rare types barely increase price at all anymore, and opting out of the special eyes so that hatchling eyes match better is hardly abuse of the system. If someone wants to go through and do all that, fine. It just means they're not getting any of the special eyes, so who really cares? Hatchlings with matching eyes honestly, from my experience, don't sell for any more than any other hatchling. The difference is they're more likely to sell, and faster, because a lot of people prefer that.

All in all, no support for the original suggestion. I can get behind the other accessibility based ideas though!
1 2 3 4