Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Tertiary Gene Suggestions
1 2 ... 271 272 273 274 275 276 277
Dunno if somebody suggested this already, but I think a tert that gives a dragon zebra stripes would be cool. "But Moth, we already have Tiger/Stripes!" I know, and I love those genes. But here's what I'm thinking. We have the Polkadot tert, which gives dragons cheetah spots. I think a stripy variant would be cool. Imagine this: a dragon with iri/shim and white Zebra as a tert. It could be a really nice Lisa Frank-esque dragon. Or with black stripes to get rainbow zebra print. Or pair it with starcon to get a galactic tiger! Heck, imagine the 80's dragons you could make with Zebra print and neon colors! [img]https://res.cloudinary.com/dyx4yhvoq/image/fetch/w_800,h_800,c_limit,f_auto,q_auto/https://store.atddesignllc.com/v/vspfiles/photos/rainbow-zebra-stripes-2.jpg[/img] [i]Pictured: A license plate with lemon fade, cerulean blend, and white zebra[/i] And as much as I love tiger/stripes, I feel like the stripe contrast is a bit lacking with some colors. The only really notable color that gives those stark black stripes with tiger/stripes is orca. Gimme an orange tiger dragon with bold black stripes! Like, compare my boy Captain Max (orange/orange/white) to a real life tiger: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/81306292][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/813063/81306292_350.png[/img][/url] [img]https://files.worldwildlife.org/wwfcmsprod/images/Tiger_resting_Bandhavgarh_National_Park_India/hero_full/77ic6i4qdj_Medium_WW226365.jpg[/img] I don't think updating tiger/stripes to have more contrast would be the best idea, since there are a lot of people who like the more subtle look. Also if suddenly every tiger/stripes dragon had bold black stripes, it would most likely ruin the looks of a few dragons designed around that aesthetic. Plus, Zebra would be more versatile. It'd be the best of both worlds!
Dunno if somebody suggested this already, but I think a tert that gives a dragon zebra stripes would be cool.

"But Moth, we already have Tiger/Stripes!"

I know, and I love those genes. But here's what I'm thinking. We have the Polkadot tert, which gives dragons cheetah spots. I think a stripy variant would be cool. Imagine this: a dragon with iri/shim and white Zebra as a tert. It could be a really nice Lisa Frank-esque dragon. Or with black stripes to get rainbow zebra print. Or pair it with starcon to get a galactic tiger! Heck, imagine the 80's dragons you could make with Zebra print and neon colors!

rainbow-zebra-stripes-2.jpg
Pictured: A license plate with lemon fade, cerulean blend, and white zebra

And as much as I love tiger/stripes, I feel like the stripe contrast is a bit lacking with some colors. The only really notable color that gives those stark black stripes with tiger/stripes is orca. Gimme an orange tiger dragon with bold black stripes!

Like, compare my boy Captain Max (orange/orange/white) to a real life tiger:
81306292_350.png

77ic6i4qdj_Medium_WW226365.jpg

I don't think updating tiger/stripes to have more contrast would be the best idea, since there are a lot of people who like the more subtle look. Also if suddenly every tiger/stripes dragon had bold black stripes, it would most likely ruin the looks of a few dragons designed around that aesthetic. Plus, Zebra would be more versatile. It'd be the best of both worlds!

bHeX9bv.png
Something similar to terracotta, but more focused around the whole body.

Mosaic tiles! Little bits of gems, glass, and tiles covering the dragon and making them truly look like a piece of art. Could be a good gene to add highlight colors to as well, just to make it less monochrome, similar to the little gem highlights on filigree!
Something similar to terracotta, but more focused around the whole body.

Mosaic tiles! Little bits of gems, glass, and tiles covering the dragon and making them truly look like a piece of art. Could be a good gene to add highlight colors to as well, just to make it less monochrome, similar to the little gem highlights on filigree!
VAnf2q2.png
MUYNhfy.png
HxcMlGn.png
uPOLOvt.png
5hF3FGk.png
12ilQ62.png
t6zNkmJ.png
5W4kB1.pngqx2RE2.pngSRnQ71.pngqL7nP1.png8SFpZ1.pngAkoYj1.png
Smoke for moderns, like we have Flameforger for Banescales, Mistral for both banescale and Undertide. Then they have trickmurk aswell. I really want a gene like these for Moderns! Carnivore too, they're all great genes. I think it really makes a dragon pop.
Smoke for moderns, like we have Flameforger for Banescales, Mistral for both banescale and Undertide. Then they have trickmurk aswell. I really want a gene like these for Moderns! Carnivore too, they're all great genes. I think it really makes a dragon pop.
yPXQqTN.png
ideas for apparel like genes on ancients:

silks (based on silk sets)

sylvan (based on sylvan set)

the rose thorns one

crown/royalty/regalia

something like a spirit creature and it could be different for each breed

seasonal terts winter/spring/summer/fall
ideas for apparel like genes on ancients:

silks (based on silk sets)

sylvan (based on sylvan set)

the rose thorns one

crown/royalty/regalia

something like a spirit creature and it could be different for each breed

seasonal terts winter/spring/summer/fall
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
Some kind of gene that gives dragons tusks, like those of an elephant, would be cool. probably an Ancient exclusive gene. I think it'd look especially nice on Banescales, though it'd work well on all of them.
Carnivore is kind of tusk like, but the extra smoke makes it not 100% like tusks
Some kind of gene that gives dragons tusks, like those of an elephant, would be cool. probably an Ancient exclusive gene. I think it'd look especially nice on Banescales, though it'd work well on all of them.
Carnivore is kind of tusk like, but the extra smoke makes it not 100% like tusks
Lover of Faes and Aethers
new breed time means new suggestison from me

parallel for dusty:
-scuttle
-obligatory medusa and jellyfish (even though they will get squished)
-scorpion
-chitin
-stinger
-shardflank
-gnarlhorn
-pufferfish
-space
-fans (impractical but looks cool)
-soap

parallel from dusty:
veil for veilspun, aether, auraboa, undertide

spores for abby, veilspun, undertide, auraboa, aether
edit veil and spores for everyone

pachy and dewlap for banescale, undertide, sandy

antlers for gaoler, veilspun, abby, auraboa

new breed time means new suggestison from me

parallel for dusty:
-scuttle
-obligatory medusa and jellyfish (even though they will get squished)
-scorpion
-chitin
-stinger
-shardflank
-gnarlhorn
-pufferfish
-space
-fans (impractical but looks cool)
-soap

parallel from dusty:
veil for veilspun, aether, auraboa, undertide

spores for abby, veilspun, undertide, auraboa, aether
edit veil and spores for everyone

pachy and dewlap for banescale, undertide, sandy

antlers for gaoler, veilspun, abby, auraboa

give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
Starnose mole inspired gene for Dusthides would be neat.
Starnose mole inspired gene for Dusthides would be neat.
7699.png Vault cleanout/sales thread
Surely SURELY Dusthides will be getting Veined, right? It is important. Also, Shark, please. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=20&bodygene=313&breed=25&element=6&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=128&tertgene=0&winggene=205&wings=29&auth=928753b7b626ab0665faa7beb6bade67939daf1c&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I think I proved my point.
Surely SURELY Dusthides will be getting Veined, right? It is important.

Also, Shark, please.

dragon?age=1&body=20&bodygene=313&breed=25&element=6&eyetype=3&gender=1&tert=128&tertgene=0&winggene=205&wings=29&auth=928753b7b626ab0665faa7beb6bade67939daf1c&dummyext=prev.png

I think I proved my point.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Don't know how I didn't notice until I saw the antlers gene, But I would love to see more genes that give a neck ruff for more ancient breeds. Doesn't have to be exactly antlers, but having a gene to give the fluffy collar effect to dragons who can't wear the fur coat apparel is important - how else are we gonna make Vulture banescales?

Man I just like neck floof, can't believe I didn't realize it was missing till just now
Don't know how I didn't notice until I saw the antlers gene, But I would love to see more genes that give a neck ruff for more ancient breeds. Doesn't have to be exactly antlers, but having a gene to give the fluffy collar effect to dragons who can't wear the fur coat apparel is important - how else are we gonna make Vulture banescales?

Man I just like neck floof, can't believe I didn't realize it was missing till just now
fA9EDFQ.png x9ADy1B.png dnuQeRf.png
Elaborate horns for dusthides!
Could easily work on other ancients as well, perhaps even different shapes for different ancients?
Elaborate horns for dusthides!
Could easily work on other ancients as well, perhaps even different shapes for different ancients?
image20.jpg
1 2 ... 271 272 273 274 275 276 277