Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Tertiary Gene Suggestions
1 2 ... 132 133 134 135 136 ... 276 277
[quote name="CrazyLaceAgate" date=2017-09-09 19:59:42] A gene that would cover a dragon's nails and create a type of "eyeliner" marking. It would work well with those terts that clash with the other colors on the dragon. [/quote]
CrazyLaceAgate wrote on 2017-09-09:
A gene that would cover a dragon's nails and create a type of "eyeliner" marking. It would work well with those terts that clash with the other colors on the dragon.
WxBdYbf.png 4cLb9T8.png
peacock tert would be a good way to get unique colors like with poison/toxin/skink/spinner [img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/jz-tjJhFH1k/maxresdefault.jpg[/img]
peacock tert would be a good way to get unique colors like with poison/toxin/skink/spinner

maxresdefault.jpg
IJJc6Sg.png 6I84XUY.gif wXPzM1Z.gif
Speckle, Freckle - DAPPLE - a tertiary gene that applies flecks of color onto the backside of the dragon. Could apply to just the haunches, or also on the wings, near the arms.

Piebald, Paint - PATCHES - applies large splotches of the tertiary color to the dragon.

Just tertiaries that match with primary/secondary pairs - or tertiaries that look clean on genes other than basic/irishim/cryface/metalloy/etc. So many terts are so busy that it's nearly impossible to find a non-gem gene they don't clash with. I really like a lot of the genes, tertiary and otherwise, but I'd like to have more options that -work- together, ya know?
Speckle, Freckle - DAPPLE - a tertiary gene that applies flecks of color onto the backside of the dragon. Could apply to just the haunches, or also on the wings, near the arms.

Piebald, Paint - PATCHES - applies large splotches of the tertiary color to the dragon.

Just tertiaries that match with primary/secondary pairs - or tertiaries that look clean on genes other than basic/irishim/cryface/metalloy/etc. So many terts are so busy that it's nearly impossible to find a non-gem gene they don't clash with. I really like a lot of the genes, tertiary and otherwise, but I'd like to have more options that -work- together, ya know?
fA9EDFQ.png x9ADy1B.png dnuQeRf.png
[quote name="CrazyLaceAgate" date=2017-09-09 19:59:42] A gene that would cover a dragon's nails and create a type of "eyeliner" marking. It would work well with those terts that clash with the other colors on the dragon. [/quote] This sounds like a nice idea! [quote name="0MidnightHeart" date=2017-08-23 17:03:25] [quote name="Rinks" date=2017-08-21 21:20:03] The glow I posted before was bothering me a bit so I revised it: [img]https://s27.postimg.org/bzzoap9j7/Glowpreview.png[/img] Also I think it's fine to have a lot of belly terts because it’s usually the blandest part of primary genes, so there’s nothing wrong with having a lot of tert options that make use of that space! [/quote] @/Rinks I love the idea of the glowing gene but with it only being an underbelly it wouldn't interest me as a practical gene. I want a gen that coul easily fit all types of lore and dragon breeds. An in honesty I think that glowing is great but it shouldn't be kept to the underbelly. Because of this I did an edit of your version of the gene which I must say you did an amazing job on it and it was very hard to replicate but I made the wing tips glow as well. Then I did one the same way on a fae male in your underbelly style and with the wing tip edit to show a difference. I will likely be editing more dragons with previews of this gene idea. So I would also like permission to replicate and Credit (signigantly credit) you for this wonderful idea. Here are the new previews They are all meant to be Cerulean glow tertiary on all breeds [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KyT6bob.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/d80jKTB.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/GbEHz83.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/8busFuI.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/uLaLWII.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Zdh1j34.jpg[/IMG] I Have gotten lots of backlash towards it being a belly gene and most opinions on another underbelly are not really wanted. So please view the revisions I've made for all Dragon breeds here in suggestions forum it is called glowing gene tertiary or something alike or cheap my recent forum activity [/quote] Well, after the capsule announcement I'm kinda fed up with belly genes tbh but I would make an exception for this because it looks really nice and (the edited version) doesn't only cover the belly but also gives the wings a nice accent.
CrazyLaceAgate wrote on 2017-09-09:
A gene that would cover a dragon's nails and create a type of "eyeliner" marking. It would work well with those terts that clash with the other colors on the dragon.
This sounds like a nice idea!
0MidnightHeart wrote on 2017-08-23:
Rinks wrote on 2017-08-21:
The glow I posted before was bothering me a bit so I revised it:

Glowpreview.png

Also I think it's fine to have a lot of belly terts because it’s usually the blandest part of primary genes, so there’s nothing wrong with having a lot of tert options that make use of that space!

@/Rinks

I love the idea of the glowing gene but with it only being an underbelly it wouldn't interest me as a practical gene. I want a gen that coul easily fit all types of lore and dragon breeds. An in honesty I think that glowing is great but it shouldn't be kept to the underbelly. Because of this I did an edit of your version of the gene which I must say you did an amazing job on it and it was very hard to replicate but I made the wing tips glow as well. Then I did one the same way on a fae male in your underbelly style and with the wing tip edit to show a difference. I will likely be editing more dragons with previews of this gene idea. So I would also like permission to replicate and Credit (signigantly credit) you for this wonderful idea.

Here are the new previews
They are all meant to be Cerulean glow tertiary on all breeds
KyT6bob.jpg
d80jKTB.jpg
GbEHz83.jpg
8busFuI.jpg
uLaLWII.jpg
Zdh1j34.jpg

I Have gotten lots of backlash towards it being a belly gene and most opinions on another underbelly are not really wanted. So please view the revisions I've made for all Dragon breeds here in suggestions forum it is called glowing gene tertiary or something alike or cheap my recent forum activity
Well, after the capsule announcement I'm kinda fed up with belly genes tbh but I would make an exception for this because it looks really nice and (the edited version) doesn't only cover the belly but also gives the wings a nice accent.
OSPKX5l.png
What about a gene that puts crescent moon shapes across the body of the dragon? The inside of the moons would be the dragon's tertiary color, as shown by this image, but with the shapes much more uniform in shape: [img]http://i.cubeupload.com/LOWFe0.png[/img] (The tetriary color on this dragon would be in the blue range) Two of them are uncolored to show what the lineart would probably look like. It would be called Lunar or Solar, or something similar.
What about a gene that puts crescent moon shapes across the body of the dragon? The inside of the moons would be the dragon's tertiary color, as shown by this image, but with the shapes much more uniform in shape:

LOWFe0.png

(The tetriary color on this dragon would be in the blue range) Two of them are uncolored to show what the lineart would probably look like. It would be called Lunar or Solar, or something similar.
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
A tattoo type gene? Either swirls or more tribal type markings, across the entire body of the dragon. Perhaps a two-tone one, with the secondary color being a sort of shadow to the primary.
A tattoo type gene? Either swirls or more tribal type markings, across the entire body of the dragon. Perhaps a two-tone one, with the secondary color being a sort of shadow to the primary.
tumblr_inline_oau8reiKiO1soemy4_100.png Any Pronouns
FR + 3
Please Ping!
My Sales Lair Tab
My Sales Den Tab

Nest Network 3.4
Wishlist
My FR Tumblr
tumblr_inline_oau8reiKiO1soemy4_100.png Any Pronouns
FR + 3
Please Ping!
My Sales Lair Tab
My Sales Den Tab

Nest Network 3.4
Wishlist
My FR Tumblr
[quote name="PixelSpiral" date=2017-09-07 01:43:06] a gene that colors only fins/mane/horns/whatever, and its shiny (bogsneak fins, coatl head feathers, fae fins, guardian head fins and horns and spines, imperial hair, mirror horns and upper part of skull, nocturne spines, pearlcatcher hair, ridgeback spines, skydancer hair, snapper spines and the upper part where underbelly colors a bit, spiral horns and ears, tundra mane, wildclaw head feathers) some examples i phoatled: [/quote] @PixelSpiral On the Spiral especially it's a little bland. Maybe if the claws and nails were affected too?
PixelSpiral wrote on 2017-09-07:
a gene that colors only fins/mane/horns/whatever, and its shiny
(bogsneak fins, coatl head feathers, fae fins, guardian head fins and horns and spines, imperial hair, mirror horns and upper part of skull, nocturne spines, pearlcatcher hair, ridgeback spines, skydancer hair, snapper spines and the upper part where underbelly colors a bit, spiral horns and ears, tundra mane, wildclaw head feathers)
some examples i phoatled:
@PixelSpiral
On the Spiral especially it's a little bland. Maybe if the claws and nails were affected too?
sculkquest.pngIconx100t.png
I'd love to see more NATURAL tert genes. Dapple, spots, speckles, "socks" or siamese-like points or something that adds the effect of floofy fluff (like a mane or extra fringe?). Just, please, anything other than more unnatural/alien/metallic genes!! These are dragons, guys, not hot rods hahah

Also, something more down to earth, like Circuit but more "mad max-hippy-child" than "robot circuit board". Tribal tattoos would be super cool. Like maori or inuit traditional tattoo patterns (but obviously simplified for the game).
I'd love to see more NATURAL tert genes. Dapple, spots, speckles, "socks" or siamese-like points or something that adds the effect of floofy fluff (like a mane or extra fringe?). Just, please, anything other than more unnatural/alien/metallic genes!! These are dragons, guys, not hot rods hahah

Also, something more down to earth, like Circuit but more "mad max-hippy-child" than "robot circuit board". Tribal tattoos would be super cool. Like maori or inuit traditional tattoo patterns (but obviously simplified for the game).
[quote name="Rinks" date=2017-08-21 21:20:03] The glow I posted before was bothering me a bit so I revised it: [img]https://s27.postimg.org/bzzoap9j7/Glowpreview.png[/img] Also I think it's fine to have a lot of belly terts because it’s usually the blandest part of primary genes, so there’s nothing wrong with having a lot of tert options that make use of that space! [/quote] @Rinks I LOVE THIS <3 i want this gene or like this ;o @0MidnightHeart for me, the Rinks version is better
Rinks wrote on 2017-08-21:
The glow I posted before was bothering me a bit so I revised it:

Glowpreview.png

Also I think it's fine to have a lot of belly terts because it’s usually the blandest part of primary genes, so there’s nothing wrong with having a lot of tert options that make use of that space!
@Rinks
I LOVE THIS <3 i want this gene or like this ;o

@0MidnightHeart for me, the Rinks version is better
+8h, She
Light Flight
Familiars Wishlist
___ Iz0e2b4.png
Old links:
Try clean lair!
old fest:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ibaz/2266216
Sell FV and CS
FkAu8Li.pngibewym8.png22aOvgY.gifCkwvckv.pngcrxTv4c.pngcrxTv4c.pngcrxTv4c.pngFkAu8Li.png
- Sleeping Dragon Adopt?
1 2 ... 132 133 134 135 136 ... 276 277