Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Color Mutagen Item
1 2 3
This is super neat - I haven't seen a suggestion like this before, but I really like it as a way to spice up breeding. I can think of one of my pairs that has two colors nearly directly opposite of each other, and I've always wished that the range swung the other way than the half of the color wheel it does.

Would it be a one-for-all-three or would there be separate options for primary, secondary, and tertiary? It'd be a fun and occasionally quite useful item either way. (And flipping two XXXs would be a fun g1-hatching simulator, since all of the babies you'd produce would be totally random!)
This is super neat - I haven't seen a suggestion like this before, but I really like it as a way to spice up breeding. I can think of one of my pairs that has two colors nearly directly opposite of each other, and I've always wished that the range swung the other way than the half of the color wheel it does.

Would it be a one-for-all-three or would there be separate options for primary, secondary, and tertiary? It'd be a fun and occasionally quite useful item either way. (And flipping two XXXs would be a fun g1-hatching simulator, since all of the babies you'd produce would be totally random!)
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
Oh this sounds delightful. I'd certainly love to have this in the game. Support!
Oh this sounds delightful. I'd certainly love to have this in the game. Support!
jtgoRWq.png
[quote name="gemajgall" date="2021-01-22 17:55:47" ] Am I understanding this right? This would flip the color wheel to the furthest distance when breeding? For example, if I were to breed a Black dragon and a Blue dragon, it usually runs through blacks, purples, and blues. But this item would cause them to breed through whites, reds, oranges, pinks, and greens instead? Sure, support. I usually hate mutagen suggestions because of uncontrolled RNG, but I see absolutely no harm in this one whatsoever. If people want to have fun flipping the color wheel, let them. [/quote] ^THIS. I was coming here expecting to see another "let us shuffle a single color with a scroll" suggestion and was pleasantly surprised, I actually support a brewable item that lets you flip the wheel. That could be cool for challenges.
gemajgall wrote on 2021-01-22 17:55:47:
Am I understanding this right? This would flip the color wheel to the furthest distance when breeding? For example, if I were to breed a Black dragon and a Blue dragon, it usually runs through blacks, purples, and blues. But this item would cause them to breed through whites, reds, oranges, pinks, and greens instead?

Sure, support. I usually hate mutagen suggestions because of uncontrolled RNG, but I see absolutely no harm in this one whatsoever. If people want to have fun flipping the color wheel, let them.

^THIS. I was coming here expecting to see another "let us shuffle a single color with a scroll" suggestion and was pleasantly surprised, I actually support a brewable item that lets you flip the wheel. That could be cool for challenges.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
Ooh, this would be cool. I’d probably use it to occasionally spice up my pairs with narrow ranges :)
Ooh, this would be cool. I’d probably use it to occasionally spice up my pairs with narrow ranges :)
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
Sure, why not
Sure, why not
DVcXRyP.png
Someone mentioned variants for individual color slots vs all at once. I could go for both. Say you want to go for out of range prim and sec, but want to keep normal range tert colors, you could apply the item for prim and one for sec to the same nest. Though if both existed, which ones should be cheaper is a good question and honestly, I'm not sure. I ask this because in discourse over single color scatterscrolls, the common opinion is that they shouldn't be made, but even if they were to be made, they should be significantly more expensive than the tricolor scrolls because single color scrolls would give significantly more control over a dragon's colors.

Here's the thing, thinking on it, I'm not even sure where I stand on where this/these item(s) should be in relative expensiveness. And is it more valuable to add extra randomization to all the color slots or only one?

The smallest possible range for all colors outside of a pairs normal range is half the color wheel. This would be an item that makes breeding more unpredictable. If used on a close range pair that makes pretty hatchlings, you're rolling the dice one the entire rest of the color wheel. The odds of getting something matchy aren't high and if you're a seller, how much could you really sell one of these hatchlings for when compared to the normal ones? I don't think such an item would have that much of an impact on the dragon market and it wouldn't be able to affect G1s, only G2+ dragons.

I'm not saying Baldwin wouldn't be a good place for this, but I also think this could be a good treasure sink. When it comes to making pretty hatchlings, such an item wouldn't be very useful, but there are certainly people who would buy and use them for the fun and challenge extra random colors offers. Guaranteed, you'd see a bunch of breeding challenges revolving around flipped pallets.
Someone mentioned variants for individual color slots vs all at once. I could go for both. Say you want to go for out of range prim and sec, but want to keep normal range tert colors, you could apply the item for prim and one for sec to the same nest. Though if both existed, which ones should be cheaper is a good question and honestly, I'm not sure. I ask this because in discourse over single color scatterscrolls, the common opinion is that they shouldn't be made, but even if they were to be made, they should be significantly more expensive than the tricolor scrolls because single color scrolls would give significantly more control over a dragon's colors.

Here's the thing, thinking on it, I'm not even sure where I stand on where this/these item(s) should be in relative expensiveness. And is it more valuable to add extra randomization to all the color slots or only one?

The smallest possible range for all colors outside of a pairs normal range is half the color wheel. This would be an item that makes breeding more unpredictable. If used on a close range pair that makes pretty hatchlings, you're rolling the dice one the entire rest of the color wheel. The odds of getting something matchy aren't high and if you're a seller, how much could you really sell one of these hatchlings for when compared to the normal ones? I don't think such an item would have that much of an impact on the dragon market and it wouldn't be able to affect G1s, only G2+ dragons.

I'm not saying Baldwin wouldn't be a good place for this, but I also think this could be a good treasure sink. When it comes to making pretty hatchlings, such an item wouldn't be very useful, but there are certainly people who would buy and use them for the fun and challenge extra random colors offers. Guaranteed, you'd see a bunch of breeding challenges revolving around flipped pallets.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
Oooh, this would be great! Full support ^^ I'm not someone who breeds much myself but this is an absolutely fascinating concept (Plus I'd be more than happy to make bank off of brewing and selling the item :p)
Oooh, this would be great! Full support ^^ I'm not someone who breeds much myself but this is an absolutely fascinating concept (Plus I'd be more than happy to make bank off of brewing and selling the item :p)
when pinging me, my username is 0wO- number 0, then capital letter 'O'
This would be really fun, I'm all for it personally.
This would be really fun, I'm all for it personally.

bannerart_2021.png
As long as they only effect the next single breeding I'd be all for this. It could be quite fun, support!
As long as they only effect the next single breeding I'd be all for this. It could be quite fun, support!
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
This sounds like a great little idea to me so I’m all for this!
This sounds like a great little idea to me so I’m all for this!
1 2 3