Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Favorite Threads Without Subbing
1 2 3
Sometimes, I want to keep track of a nice thread without getting a ping every time it updates. There are a lot of threads that I love, but lose track of when they die out because I don't want to open FR to 36 pings.
Sometimes, I want to keep track of a nice thread without getting a ping every time it updates. There are a lot of threads that I love, but lose track of when they die out because I don't want to open FR to 36 pings.
___________ 6346.png mlHpBMC.png
5BsilZ9.png
55xbf1H.png
E3nmoMt.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
pO8B2fr.png 6346.png
WKtl2lb.png[/url][nextcol]
pO8B2fr.png[nextcol]6346.png[/columns]
No support. Every browser has bookmarks you can use for this.

If you use multiple devices or a shared device, put links in a dragon bio.
No support. Every browser has bookmarks you can use for this.

If you use multiple devices or a shared device, put links in a dragon bio.
I would actually really like this, or any sort of options with the subbing to a thread thing. I think the current thread subscribing feature is very limited in applications because of how easy it makes it to drown out important pings. Changes/options I would like to see include:
-the current system but instead of one ping per post it's "Three people have posted in [Thread] since you were last there" (possibly to be reset by a button next to the subscribe button if the site can't detect just when you go to the page)
-favorite a thread without subscribing
-subscribe to only certain posts in a thread, such as posts from OP or staff posts (good for news threads, art/lore posts, and probably others)

I think that these options would make for a massive usefulness improvement over the current system.
I would actually really like this, or any sort of options with the subbing to a thread thing. I think the current thread subscribing feature is very limited in applications because of how easy it makes it to drown out important pings. Changes/options I would like to see include:
-the current system but instead of one ping per post it's "Three people have posted in [Thread] since you were last there" (possibly to be reset by a button next to the subscribe button if the site can't detect just when you go to the page)
-favorite a thread without subscribing
-subscribe to only certain posts in a thread, such as posts from OP or staff posts (good for news threads, art/lore posts, and probably others)

I think that these options would make for a massive usefulness improvement over the current system.
wq9PoXA.png
I'd like this.

Another browser game has an icon next to the topic title, and it turns into an exclamation mark or something to indicate a new comment. I'd love that here so I don't have to deal with notifications. I can keep track of topics in FR discussion if they titles are unique, but when (especially during new gene or breed releases) we get several topics with similar titles, it becomes more difficult to keep track unless you make note of the author too.
I'd like this.

Another browser game has an icon next to the topic title, and it turns into an exclamation mark or something to indicate a new comment. I'd love that here so I don't have to deal with notifications. I can keep track of topics in FR discussion if they titles are unique, but when (especially during new gene or breed releases) we get several topics with similar titles, it becomes more difficult to keep track unless you make note of the author too.
Support - yes we can bookmark it on our browser or put a link in a dragon bio - but that is really inconvenient for a number of reasons, especially if you want to bookmark a lot of threads and/or use multiple devices.

A bookmarking system could be as simple as a list of threads you want to save but don't want pings for, or it could be detailed with options for daily updates (x amount of people have posted in ____ since you were last online), pings for OP posts only etc. as BlueJaysFeather mentioned.
Support - yes we can bookmark it on our browser or put a link in a dragon bio - but that is really inconvenient for a number of reasons, especially if you want to bookmark a lot of threads and/or use multiple devices.

A bookmarking system could be as simple as a list of threads you want to save but don't want pings for, or it could be detailed with options for daily updates (x amount of people have posted in ____ since you were last online), pings for OP posts only etc. as BlueJaysFeather mentioned.
a b o u t - h a t c h e r y
36vcrVo.png
I rent nests through the nest network.
Support. Either give us a way to track threads on site or give us an expanded subscription ability where we can toggle it to either tell us all new posts or just by the owner. Some threads I just want to keep an eye on or save for revisiting later. Some art threads I only want to know when the artist updates stuff, I dont need to be notified when every random user comments. I use multiple devices and I bookmark a lot of other stuff on other sites. I dont want to dig through my lists just to occasionally check in on whether or not a bio resources thread got updated. Nor do I want to use my dragons for that. Eventually I'd like to have bios for all of my dragons and I dont want a huge, random list of threads tacked on.

I've favorited like... two big threads that consistantly post and combined I can get on multiple times throughout the day to have 50+ notifications. I have them favorited so I can check back for updates but I've had my own pings, sales threads, and bio comments totally buried beneath the notifications for literally two threads and that's kinda ridiculous. The feature as is causes more problems than it solves and I'm sure people who are active in the community and dom probably have it way worse.
Support. Either give us a way to track threads on site or give us an expanded subscription ability where we can toggle it to either tell us all new posts or just by the owner. Some threads I just want to keep an eye on or save for revisiting later. Some art threads I only want to know when the artist updates stuff, I dont need to be notified when every random user comments. I use multiple devices and I bookmark a lot of other stuff on other sites. I dont want to dig through my lists just to occasionally check in on whether or not a bio resources thread got updated. Nor do I want to use my dragons for that. Eventually I'd like to have bios for all of my dragons and I dont want a huge, random list of threads tacked on.

I've favorited like... two big threads that consistantly post and combined I can get on multiple times throughout the day to have 50+ notifications. I have them favorited so I can check back for updates but I've had my own pings, sales threads, and bio comments totally buried beneath the notifications for literally two threads and that's kinda ridiculous. The feature as is causes more problems than it solves and I'm sure people who are active in the community and dom probably have it way worse.
Personally I would prefer a site wide bookmarking system rather than a forum specific one.

Yeah, there are bookmarks, but not everyone can use them. Sometimes you aren't on a device you own (school computers, library computers, friends devices etc..), sometimes you can't sync the devices you do play on (such as if they have differing browsers used etc..), or, are like me, and have hundreds of bookmarks for literally hundreds of sites and constantly lose bookmarks :P (especially since not all sites put the thread/page name in the title so it shows up in the bookmark).

A site wide, as opposed to a forum specific, would allow players to bookmark specific pages, and be more useful, at least to me, than just a forum specific bookmark function.

This would allow players to bookmark dragons (as opposed to using likes as a 'bookmarking' system, like has been suggested before), bookmark specific fairgrounds games, bookmark daily activities, bookmark specific game database entries etc... and have them all accessible within two levels of main (one to go to the bookmark page, and then one to go to the specific bookmarked page).

While, at the moment, FR isn't that 'deep' from main levels (as in most things are within about 5 clicks from main level), that doesn't mean it won't change, and if you frequent certain threads, or specific dragons or game database pages, those can be really difficult to find again without bookmarks, and as said above, not everyone has access to bookmarking on the devices they use.

While I do agree that we could put it in a dragon bio, it isn't as convenient (and if you are like me, you forget which dragon you put the links in :P I do that on another site, and I always forget the pet I use for specific things... at least on that site, I can rename the pets for free and can name the pet in ways to help me remember).

I play another site that has a bookmarking feature, and it can be really convenient if you frequent certain pages everyday, or often. It allows access to those pages from anywhere on site, but it also uses 'drop down' menus rather than what FR uses, so it wouldn't be handled the same way. (I think there might also be a limit to the number of bookmarks, but honestly that site doesn't have a whole lot of places to go anyway and it isn't really being updated much either :/).
Personally I would prefer a site wide bookmarking system rather than a forum specific one.

Yeah, there are bookmarks, but not everyone can use them. Sometimes you aren't on a device you own (school computers, library computers, friends devices etc..), sometimes you can't sync the devices you do play on (such as if they have differing browsers used etc..), or, are like me, and have hundreds of bookmarks for literally hundreds of sites and constantly lose bookmarks :P (especially since not all sites put the thread/page name in the title so it shows up in the bookmark).

A site wide, as opposed to a forum specific, would allow players to bookmark specific pages, and be more useful, at least to me, than just a forum specific bookmark function.

This would allow players to bookmark dragons (as opposed to using likes as a 'bookmarking' system, like has been suggested before), bookmark specific fairgrounds games, bookmark daily activities, bookmark specific game database entries etc... and have them all accessible within two levels of main (one to go to the bookmark page, and then one to go to the specific bookmarked page).

While, at the moment, FR isn't that 'deep' from main levels (as in most things are within about 5 clicks from main level), that doesn't mean it won't change, and if you frequent certain threads, or specific dragons or game database pages, those can be really difficult to find again without bookmarks, and as said above, not everyone has access to bookmarking on the devices they use.

While I do agree that we could put it in a dragon bio, it isn't as convenient (and if you are like me, you forget which dragon you put the links in :P I do that on another site, and I always forget the pet I use for specific things... at least on that site, I can rename the pets for free and can name the pet in ways to help me remember).

I play another site that has a bookmarking feature, and it can be really convenient if you frequent certain pages everyday, or often. It allows access to those pages from anywhere on site, but it also uses 'drop down' menus rather than what FR uses, so it wouldn't be handled the same way. (I think there might also be a limit to the number of bookmarks, but honestly that site doesn't have a whole lot of places to go anyway and it isn't really being updated much either :/).

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I'd like a mechanic like this! I sub to a lot of threads to keep track of them, but sometimes they end up spamming my ping inbox. My actual bookmarks folder is a mess 10 years in the making and I am way too intimidated to clean it, so any thread that gets bookmarked by me gets eaten by the abyss of time and executive dysfunction. Having a way to save threads on FR will make keeping track of them a lot easier for people like me! :D
I'd like a mechanic like this! I sub to a lot of threads to keep track of them, but sometimes they end up spamming my ping inbox. My actual bookmarks folder is a mess 10 years in the making and I am way too intimidated to clean it, so any thread that gets bookmarked by me gets eaten by the abyss of time and executive dysfunction. Having a way to save threads on FR will make keeping track of them a lot easier for people like me! :D
jCVhFoZ.gif
I think the subscription feature could be better. Allowing users to subscribe AND choose how they want alerts (all, none, or OP posts only) would be wonderful.
I think the subscription feature could be better. Allowing users to subscribe AND choose how they want alerts (all, none, or OP posts only) would be wonderful.
ZQGfAQY.png
Yes please. Ive had to unsubscribe from a bunch of threads I wanted bookmarked because they suddenly attracted a lot of attention. Being able to choose whether to subscribe to add it to the list, or subscribe and receive alerts for any new comments would be amazing.

Itd be nice if it was its own section even, with the option to place some small notes beside the title/under the title.
Sometimes people change titles or delete threads, or you forget why you saved a thread and itd be nice to know at a glance why you have it bookmarked rather than open it up and have to remember why you subbed to it 2 years ago.
A site wide sub as Jemadar suggested would be amazing too, but only if there were folders and organization options (and preferably a note).

Also while browsers have bookmarks, im not playing the browser. Im playing a game with a subscription/bookmark feature already implemented.
I use my browser bookmarks for things with actual real impact on real life. I cant clutter that up with 90 forums on a game.
Yes please. Ive had to unsubscribe from a bunch of threads I wanted bookmarked because they suddenly attracted a lot of attention. Being able to choose whether to subscribe to add it to the list, or subscribe and receive alerts for any new comments would be amazing.

Itd be nice if it was its own section even, with the option to place some small notes beside the title/under the title.
Sometimes people change titles or delete threads, or you forget why you saved a thread and itd be nice to know at a glance why you have it bookmarked rather than open it up and have to remember why you subbed to it 2 years ago.
A site wide sub as Jemadar suggested would be amazing too, but only if there were folders and organization options (and preferably a note).

Also while browsers have bookmarks, im not playing the browser. Im playing a game with a subscription/bookmark feature already implemented.
I use my browser bookmarks for things with actual real impact on real life. I cant clutter that up with 90 forums on a game.
button_97x95.png[ Please do not PM me. 1623960663678.png
DSfOOlg.png
68388386.png 1623960663678.png 68483984.png
1 2 3