Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Favorite Threads Without Subbing
1 2 3
[quote name="Jessyta" date="2021-01-22 12:10:37" ] I think the subscription feature could be better. Allowing users to subscribe AND choose how they want alerts (all, none, or OP posts only) would be wonderful. [/quote] this is what i would like to see as well, it would make subbing to threads less stressing, I actively avoid following threads i don't like using my actual browser bookmarks for sites like Fr
Jessyta wrote on 2021-01-22 12:10:37:
I think the subscription feature could be better. Allowing users to subscribe AND choose how they want alerts (all, none, or OP posts only) would be wonderful.
this is what i would like to see as well, it would make subbing to threads less stressing,
I actively avoid following threads
i don't like using my actual browser bookmarks for sites like Fr
A dragon dressed up as bubbles and fish that has a Bio full of lesser known tips and tricks to Flight Rising
i support bookmarking in multiple forms. threads, specific dragons, that kinds stuff. not everybody has a personal computer that they can bookmark with! i think it would greatly benefit us to have a "saves" page or "collections"

also, customizable selections
i support bookmarking in multiple forms. threads, specific dragons, that kinds stuff. not everybody has a personal computer that they can bookmark with! i think it would greatly benefit us to have a "saves" page or "collections"

also, customizable selections
2.gif
[quote name="Jessyta" date="2021-01-22 12:10:37" ] I think the subscription feature could be better. Allowing users to subscribe AND choose how they want alerts (all, none, or OP posts only) would be wonderful. [/quote] This! I don't think a whole new feature is needed if Subscriptions just get a few QOL tweaks! [emoji=wildclaw laughing size=1]
I think the subscription feature could be better. Allowing users to subscribe AND choose how they want alerts (all, none, or OP posts only) would be wonderful.

This! I don't think a whole new feature is needed if Subscriptions just get a few QOL tweaks!
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
Support! Many players use mobile as their only platform, and can't bookmark. Although you can bookmark on PC, I use bookmarks for things that are actually important. I don't want to clog it up with Flight Rising.
Support! Many players use mobile as their only platform, and can't bookmark. Although you can bookmark on PC, I use bookmarks for things that are actually important. I don't want to clog it up with Flight Rising.
eoc_button.gif
Support for this, I really wish there was a way to mark a thread as a Favorite to be able to quickly find it without having to dig through your Recent Posts and also without being pinged every time someone sneezes in the thread's direction haha. Some threads I just want to keep quick and easy tabs on, especially raffle threads I'm taking part in.

@Crowbar
That suggestion literally makes more work than is needed for a site that already has a Subscription feature. It just needs to be streamlined a bit more so people can decide whether they want notifications from said subbed threads or not. Just because every site has bookmarking capability doesn't mean everyone has ready access to it, for a variety of reasons already listed.

Putting links in a dragon's bio also isn't really an answer for another reason aside from it being more work than necessary, and that's the fact that people might not want to clutter a dragon's bio with random stuff. People who use bios for art, lore, or other things may not want to also have a list of thread links hecking up the aesthetic of their dragons' profiles.
Support for this, I really wish there was a way to mark a thread as a Favorite to be able to quickly find it without having to dig through your Recent Posts and also without being pinged every time someone sneezes in the thread's direction haha. Some threads I just want to keep quick and easy tabs on, especially raffle threads I'm taking part in.

@Crowbar
That suggestion literally makes more work than is needed for a site that already has a Subscription feature. It just needs to be streamlined a bit more so people can decide whether they want notifications from said subbed threads or not. Just because every site has bookmarking capability doesn't mean everyone has ready access to it, for a variety of reasons already listed.

Putting links in a dragon's bio also isn't really an answer for another reason aside from it being more work than necessary, and that's the fact that people might not want to clutter a dragon's bio with random stuff. People who use bios for art, lore, or other things may not want to also have a list of thread links hecking up the aesthetic of their dragons' profiles.
0lSM1SJ.png t1eU2lt.pngWishlist
Support!

I sub to threads that interest me, like art shops, but I would definitely enjoy not getting a notification every time someone replies to the thread.
Support!

I sub to threads that interest me, like art shops, but I would definitely enjoy not getting a notification every time someone replies to the thread.
swan.gif
SpeckledNightSky
WKtl2lb.png
5nygeWH.png
mlHpBMC.png
ezgif-4-7712918976d1.gif Bonsai-gif-1.gif
Support~ I have the same problem, I save the most interesting stuff in my bio but that such a thing would be very useful. Oh, and if it wasn't in the settings but in the more available faster place~ [quote name="Jessyta" date="2021-01-22 12:10:37" ] I think the subscription feature could be better. Allowing users to subscribe AND choose how they want alerts (all, none, or OP posts only) would be wonderful. [/quote] I agree with that too
Support~
I have the same problem, I save the most interesting stuff in my bio but that such a thing would be very useful. Oh, and if it wasn't in the settings but in the more available faster place~
I agree with that too
L8kPJSl.png
H2nH3VN.pngurcyEj1.pngTTtkdFX.pngE3N752b.png
X6le0pA.png
I'd love this feature. While I can bookmark things, it would help to have an account-bound method of saving threads, since I log in on different devices sometimes. And I usually always wake up to about 90-150 pings lol
I'd love this feature. While I can bookmark things, it would help to have an account-bound method of saving threads, since I log in on different devices sometimes. And I usually always wake up to about 90-150 pings lol
4oO1RBo.png e iS1bBip.png GZrdw3A.png e
Craftbaobao2

She/Her || Idiot || FR +0

e
barinhas47.gif
e
e
e GZrdw3A.png iS1bBip.png e
Hello, I'm Craft! I'm not very active.
Definite support for this! I've had this problem a lot and would really like something like this. I lose threads that I want to keep track of constantly, so having a method to note them down somewhere without getting a bunch of pings would be great.
Definite support for this! I've had this problem a lot and would really like something like this. I lose threads that I want to keep track of constantly, so having a method to note them down somewhere without getting a bunch of pings would be great.
I will always support these suggestions. I play many other games that have this and honestly it's surprising that FR doesn't with its massive forums.

Using my browser bookmarks is tedious, annoying, and just plain unnecessary. It's not a "solution" to wanting to keep a list of threads on FR, because it's something entirely seperate from FR and therefore doesn't correlate. Everyone's browser could be different, as well as device. Not everyone can sync or even bookmark at all. My browser bookmarks have a specific purpose personally and FR is not it.

On the other site I play, you can bookmark any forum thread. It immediately goes into your bookmarks page (there's a link in the sidebar) with the threads title listed. You can sort them into folders you name like "art shops" or "sales" or "my threads". You can even rename the threads to something like "testing thread" or something similar if you'd like. (Though that's not a necessary feature.) I think that these sorts of things would be invaluable on FR.

I just personally feel that this is just a QOL feature that so many users would appreciate and use.

I'd also support adding QOL updates to the subbing instead if that's easier, like controlling how you get pinged. I just really want this feature added because currently I'm just leaving tabs open for every thread I don't want to lose and it's CLUTTER.
I will always support these suggestions. I play many other games that have this and honestly it's surprising that FR doesn't with its massive forums.

Using my browser bookmarks is tedious, annoying, and just plain unnecessary. It's not a "solution" to wanting to keep a list of threads on FR, because it's something entirely seperate from FR and therefore doesn't correlate. Everyone's browser could be different, as well as device. Not everyone can sync or even bookmark at all. My browser bookmarks have a specific purpose personally and FR is not it.

On the other site I play, you can bookmark any forum thread. It immediately goes into your bookmarks page (there's a link in the sidebar) with the threads title listed. You can sort them into folders you name like "art shops" or "sales" or "my threads". You can even rename the threads to something like "testing thread" or something similar if you'd like. (Though that's not a necessary feature.) I think that these sorts of things would be invaluable on FR.

I just personally feel that this is just a QOL feature that so many users would appreciate and use.

I'd also support adding QOL updates to the subbing instead if that's easier, like controlling how you get pinged. I just really want this feature added because currently I'm just leaving tabs open for every thread I don't want to lose and it's CLUTTER.
Small-Rain-Icon.png

She / Her
FR + 3
Coli Log
Art Dump
Shrieking Wilds Guild
C3-D7-D65-D-8-A62-486-A-BD3-F-ACD82-BE0-EDD1.png
1 2 3