Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Skin / Accent Shop
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12
god yes. if something like this existed i would be way more incentivized to buy gems tbh. as it stands rn i just wait around to be pinged for potential accents i might like, then i go "its nice but ill wait for something better to come along". and then i never buy anything 0_0
theres so much nice stuff out there, but i dont even want to browse because if it's not currently in stock or likely to reprint, theres just no point. making skins/accents comprehensible to browse and removing the scarcity would create a lot more appeal for the site imo, a lot of other petsites rn have much more compatibility with user-made assets. if the skin accent system here was better i think we'd see a massive influx of new creative players, bc FR is already a really quality website but is strangely lacking in this department.
god yes. if something like this existed i would be way more incentivized to buy gems tbh. as it stands rn i just wait around to be pinged for potential accents i might like, then i go "its nice but ill wait for something better to come along". and then i never buy anything 0_0
theres so much nice stuff out there, but i dont even want to browse because if it's not currently in stock or likely to reprint, theres just no point. making skins/accents comprehensible to browse and removing the scarcity would create a lot more appeal for the site imo, a lot of other petsites rn have much more compatibility with user-made assets. if the skin accent system here was better i think we'd see a massive influx of new creative players, bc FR is already a really quality website but is strangely lacking in this department.
a97e852d483a01bf2bb347e362a63656a3fb004b.png
[color=#A17145]huge support!! i have no points that haven’t already been detailed haha, but the below mostly sums up how i feel as well :] really lovely examples too! [quote name="hisseefit" date="2021-06-17 12:37:04" ] god yes. if something like this existed i would be way more incentivized to buy gems tbh. as it stands rn i just wait around to be pinged for potential accents i might like, then i go "its nice but ill wait for something better to come along". and then i never buy anything 0_0 theres so much nice stuff out there, but i dont even want to browse because if it's not currently in stock or likely to reprint, theres just no point. making skins/accents comprehensible to browse and removing the scarcity would create a lot more appeal for the site imo, a lot of other petsites rn have much more compatibility with user-made assets. if the skin accent system here was better i think we'd see a massive influx of new creative players, bc FR is already a really quality website but is strangely lacking in this department. [/quote]
huge support!! i have no points that haven’t already been detailed haha, but the below mostly sums up how i feel as well :] really lovely examples too!

hisseefit wrote on 2021-06-17 12:37:04:
982e91dbc7f097a84f83f575a968ab661ca40142.png3vut1Uw.png0a6dcacc49d715ea28c044e54583b74cdd73b59a.png
wlws/august
she/her
lesbian
about me
artfight
art credit
This would be really nice. I never bother with buying accents because I can really only find them on the AH which, if sold by a user other than the printer, is usually marked way up. If we had something like this I could definitely see myself using it every so often when I have excess gems
This would be really nice. I never bother with buying accents because I can really only find them on the AH which, if sold by a user other than the printer, is usually marked way up. If we had something like this I could definitely see myself using it every so often when I have excess gems
Yes, this would be amazing and I love the mockup. I would also like an option to retire/delete accent names from the submission and sales process because the list I have to go through to submit new work is pretty daunting. I also personally still like the idea of having limited sales.
Yes, this would be amazing and I love the mockup. I would also like an option to retire/delete accent names from the submission and sales process because the list I have to go through to submit new work is pretty daunting. I also personally still like the idea of having limited sales.
Accent Shop
Big big support! I'd be much more inclined to make and sell accents with a system like this. Currently, it can be difficult for accent/skin makers who don't have the gems to fund it on their own and have to manage pre-orders (which can get difficult if any of your buyers go inactive before sending you their payment). Unless you have a well established selling thread, it can be easy to be pushed out of view quite quickly as well.

Something to streamline the process, as well as allow easy previews and browsing for buyers...it all sounds great! Would love to see it
Big big support! I'd be much more inclined to make and sell accents with a system like this. Currently, it can be difficult for accent/skin makers who don't have the gems to fund it on their own and have to manage pre-orders (which can get difficult if any of your buyers go inactive before sending you their payment). Unless you have a well established selling thread, it can be easy to be pushed out of view quite quickly as well.

Something to streamline the process, as well as allow easy previews and browsing for buyers...it all sounds great! Would love to see it
Do you think, in order to make things easier to find, this would also be a really good place to implement the skin tagging system that is often requested?

I'm also on board with keeping limited number / time sales. Having limited customs / special recolors, or time limited holiday skins is fun for me, even as a buyer.
Do you think, in order to make things easier to find, this would also be a really good place to implement the skin tagging system that is often requested?

I'm also on board with keeping limited number / time sales. Having limited customs / special recolors, or time limited holiday skins is fun for me, even as a buyer.
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
Very much yes, support, please, if only to cut down on people ducking out of reprint sales. Would also be nice to make my skins available even if I'm hiatus because I dont' like taking them out of circulation just cause I'm bored of the game.

EDIT: Per the idea of multi-copy packs of blueprints being more expensive, it could be adjusted like this (using skin coverage as an example, but priced down for example):

2800 gems = 2-copy limited 'slot' opens in your shop. Once it's sold out, it's sold out
3500g = 5 copy limited 'slot', same as above but with mor ethan 2 copies
5000g = unlimited sales 'slot'

Although maybe we should be encouraging unlimited sales more... :)
Very much yes, support, please, if only to cut down on people ducking out of reprint sales. Would also be nice to make my skins available even if I'm hiatus because I dont' like taking them out of circulation just cause I'm bored of the game.

EDIT: Per the idea of multi-copy packs of blueprints being more expensive, it could be adjusted like this (using skin coverage as an example, but priced down for example):

2800 gems = 2-copy limited 'slot' opens in your shop. Once it's sold out, it's sold out
3500g = 5 copy limited 'slot', same as above but with mor ethan 2 copies
5000g = unlimited sales 'slot'

Although maybe we should be encouraging unlimited sales more... :)
full support! it'd be nice not to break my wrist listing hundreds of PAs to people individually whenever I release a skin, and I agree with desnik that perhaps some/all skins could have the fee upfronted beforehand, in order to keep certain accents limited copy.

the only thing i could see as a downside, and this is wholly from a business/FR's point of view, is that the skins would have to go through the human-run submission and revision process just like they do now, but without the upfront gem cost. this means that there'd always be the chance that if a skin is accepted but doesn't sell, then fr is *technically* out of luck, as the effort has already been taken to make it an on site item, but it never actually makes them any profit if that makes sense?
however, on the plus side, sniper and subby wouldn't have to manually attach skins to each PM, so queue would undoubtedly be faster and much easier on them.
full support! it'd be nice not to break my wrist listing hundreds of PAs to people individually whenever I release a skin, and I agree with desnik that perhaps some/all skins could have the fee upfronted beforehand, in order to keep certain accents limited copy.

the only thing i could see as a downside, and this is wholly from a business/FR's point of view, is that the skins would have to go through the human-run submission and revision process just like they do now, but without the upfront gem cost. this means that there'd always be the chance that if a skin is accepted but doesn't sell, then fr is *technically* out of luck, as the effort has already been taken to make it an on site item, but it never actually makes them any profit if that makes sense?
however, on the plus side, sniper and subby wouldn't have to manually attach skins to each PM, so queue would undoubtedly be faster and much easier on them.
W6mRcKD.png empty space
why are you selecting it
oh i am begging for this to become real. making skins is fun but i haven't really been able to do so for a good while because managing a shop and everything else that goes into the actual sales process is just so tedious and exhausting.

umas have grown into a pretty big part of the site, and i think having this kind of support for it would be much appreciated at this point
oh i am begging for this to become real. making skins is fun but i haven't really been able to do so for a good while because managing a shop and everything else that goes into the actual sales process is just so tedious and exhausting.

umas have grown into a pretty big part of the site, and i think having this kind of support for it would be much appreciated at this point
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
PLEASE yes omg something like cw shops on subeta would be a godsend and sooo much more organized. Add some seller-side tagging to make a search feature functional and Boom we have a winner
PLEASE yes omg something like cw shops on subeta would be a godsend and sooo much more organized. Add some seller-side tagging to make a search feature functional and Boom we have a winner
Scribble_Banner.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12