Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | More with food
Hello again!
I have taken notice at the lack of food recipes.
I can think of quite a few things for recipes to be expanded on.
Potential recipes:
-desserts. This can be an ample way to add some culinary lore to the various flights or just culinary lore in general. Food and culture go hand in hand.
-flight exclusive recipes. Maybe a few per flight would be beneficial for this. It could encourage people to buy food items from each other.
-soups. I can think of leftovers soup as a cool example. Soups are amazing ways of using up leftovers. Plus, soups are incredibly diverse so there isn't an easy way to mess up a soup recipe.
-fancy dishes. For pricey dragons who want only the premium items.
-elemental dishes. "I eat plagues and shadows for breakfast" sounds fun.
-egg dishes. Eggs are a food a lot of animals indulge in. I'm quite surprised there aren't any edible eggs in flight rising. Birds lay eggs and eat eggs too. So why shouldn't dragons eat eggs too?
-"nearly edible" crystals and rocks made into food. Mmmm. In all seriousness, processed junk foods likely could be a thing if dragons eat such a varied diet.
-seasonal recipes. Ice cream for the crystal gala, anyone?
Baldwin's bubbling brew could definitely use an expansion on the "food" category.
If Baldwin is not the answer I can see another potential idea for the trading post that has to do with food and that is add a chef dragon. This would leave room for recipes that dragons actually find tasty. It could add an extra layer to gathering items because instead of aimlessly searching for food items that pertain to a food group, you could use this as a chance to gather specific ingredients.

Food items I'd say would be cool to add in:
-herbs
-spices
-more oils (and finally give the other oils more of a use!)
-eggs. Talking fish, bird, and reptile eggs.
-meat cuts. (Likely a recipe or from the coliseum as you don't normally just find perfectly cut meat in the wild)
-more fruits. As a fruit-obsessed individual who also loves plants, there really aren't enough fruits in this game. The world of fruit is weird and wonderful. They can even taste like more than just an apple. Fruits can taste like basically anything. Here's an example: the engkalak may look pretty with its soft looking pastel pink skin and light green top but it is actually reposted to taste like buttermilk.
-cane sugar and other kinds (maple syrup, and finally give honey comb more of a use than to turn into food points)
-food items not mentioned above that you'd make from recipes.

The world of food is large and diverse, so it would be interesting if you could do more with food items.
Hello again!
I have taken notice at the lack of food recipes.
I can think of quite a few things for recipes to be expanded on.
Potential recipes:
-desserts. This can be an ample way to add some culinary lore to the various flights or just culinary lore in general. Food and culture go hand in hand.
-flight exclusive recipes. Maybe a few per flight would be beneficial for this. It could encourage people to buy food items from each other.
-soups. I can think of leftovers soup as a cool example. Soups are amazing ways of using up leftovers. Plus, soups are incredibly diverse so there isn't an easy way to mess up a soup recipe.
-fancy dishes. For pricey dragons who want only the premium items.
-elemental dishes. "I eat plagues and shadows for breakfast" sounds fun.
-egg dishes. Eggs are a food a lot of animals indulge in. I'm quite surprised there aren't any edible eggs in flight rising. Birds lay eggs and eat eggs too. So why shouldn't dragons eat eggs too?
-"nearly edible" crystals and rocks made into food. Mmmm. In all seriousness, processed junk foods likely could be a thing if dragons eat such a varied diet.
-seasonal recipes. Ice cream for the crystal gala, anyone?
Baldwin's bubbling brew could definitely use an expansion on the "food" category.
If Baldwin is not the answer I can see another potential idea for the trading post that has to do with food and that is add a chef dragon. This would leave room for recipes that dragons actually find tasty. It could add an extra layer to gathering items because instead of aimlessly searching for food items that pertain to a food group, you could use this as a chance to gather specific ingredients.

Food items I'd say would be cool to add in:
-herbs
-spices
-more oils (and finally give the other oils more of a use!)
-eggs. Talking fish, bird, and reptile eggs.
-meat cuts. (Likely a recipe or from the coliseum as you don't normally just find perfectly cut meat in the wild)
-more fruits. As a fruit-obsessed individual who also loves plants, there really aren't enough fruits in this game. The world of fruit is weird and wonderful. They can even taste like more than just an apple. Fruits can taste like basically anything. Here's an example: the engkalak may look pretty with its soft looking pastel pink skin and light green top but it is actually reposted to taste like buttermilk.
-cane sugar and other kinds (maple syrup, and finally give honey comb more of a use than to turn into food points)
-food items not mentioned above that you'd make from recipes.

The world of food is large and diverse, so it would be interesting if you could do more with food items.
It would be an interesting concept, and has been mentioned a few times (I'll admit, I had to go back a couple pages to find some examples) and it seems it's a mostly well-liked idea.

Trading post chef thread
New trading post npc (chef) thread

I'd support it though. Food seems almost boring as it is.
It would be an interesting concept, and has been mentioned a few times (I'll admit, I had to go back a couple pages to find some examples) and it seems it's a mostly well-liked idea.

Trading post chef thread
New trading post npc (chef) thread

I'd support it though. Food seems almost boring as it is.
tumblr_pyegmoMJkS1ugssd3o3_250.png n4H37dx.png
1vAtYxM.png
o7ZCFYm.png
B8HmiZX.png
d3OF3Gw.png
QUIpVFE.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
J7D1quC.png
YUzmw5z.png
Yes. Food is definitely in need of an upgrade. I would support a new trading post dragon that focused on food.
Yes. Food is definitely in need of an upgrade. I would support a new trading post dragon that focused on food.
Y02PS6v.png