Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Snooze or dismiss hibden tasks
1 2
[quote name="Starscream18" date="2020-12-30 18:58:25" ] I think some kind of shuffling would be a good idea? If its all expensive, you can shuffle for an entire new set of tasks and risk having it all be expensive again. And the shuffle can cause gems/treasure. Plus have a cooldown. [/quote] I like the idea of shuffling them, but I do not think we should be allowed to dismiss or permanently discard the tasks. I agree with many of the users who have spoken before me. The harder tasks are necessary, though agreeably hard. The shuffling idea would give us access to a different set of tasks, which would be nice, when you're just trying to see what you can do for the day. I think that by giving that shuffling feature a cost, would be a good idea too. Make shuffling the tasks something to think about. Do I really want to shuffle these options? Or am I willing to spend the coin to complete them first? Or maybe I do want to complete this task some day, just not today. XD
Starscream18 wrote on 2020-12-30 18:58:25:
I think some kind of shuffling would be a good idea? If its all expensive, you can shuffle for an entire new set of tasks and risk having it all be expensive again. And the shuffle can cause gems/treasure. Plus have a cooldown.

I like the idea of shuffling them, but I do not think we should be allowed to dismiss or permanently discard the tasks. I agree with many of the users who have spoken before me. The harder tasks are necessary, though agreeably hard. The shuffling idea would give us access to a different set of tasks, which would be nice, when you're just trying to see what you can do for the day. I think that by giving that shuffling feature a cost, would be a good idea too. Make shuffling the tasks something to think about. Do I really want to shuffle these options? Or am I willing to spend the coin to complete them first? Or maybe I do want to complete this task some day, just not today. XD
HzGpUHb.png
Shuffling is essentially the same thing as snoozing a task, though. Unless shuffling costs something to do, people will just keep shuffling until the only things left are the ones they don't want to do. Even if you can only shuffle once a day, it will assuredly be used to shuffle the hardest tasks to the back of the line over time. You don't like a day's tasks, you try again tomorrow.

I don't mind the option as long as there's a significant cost to it (say, I don't know, 25kt to shuffle) - that way the hibden's still functioning as a treasure sink and it's not really efficient to keep shuffling, especially the longer you do it and the fewer easy options remain in the pool.
Shuffling is essentially the same thing as snoozing a task, though. Unless shuffling costs something to do, people will just keep shuffling until the only things left are the ones they don't want to do. Even if you can only shuffle once a day, it will assuredly be used to shuffle the hardest tasks to the back of the line over time. You don't like a day's tasks, you try again tomorrow.

I don't mind the option as long as there's a significant cost to it (say, I don't know, 25kt to shuffle) - that way the hibden's still functioning as a treasure sink and it's not really efficient to keep shuffling, especially the longer you do it and the fewer easy options remain in the pool.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
Shuffling wouldn't work either because if you get blocked up with expensive tasks, you can then just shuffle and do the cheap ones. Then you get blocked up again and repeat. This would be the same thing. The expensive ones are just toll gates you have to pay in order to compensate for all the cheap ones. No support for anything that lets you bypass them.
Shuffling wouldn't work either because if you get blocked up with expensive tasks, you can then just shuffle and do the cheap ones. Then you get blocked up again and repeat. This would be the same thing. The expensive ones are just toll gates you have to pay in order to compensate for all the cheap ones. No support for anything that lets you bypass them.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
No support, I'm afraid. Perhaps if money was hard to come by on this site, yes, but FR is extremely generous. Even if you don't click with G&G shock switch is pretty fast to max out 75kt a day, and unhatched eggs can cost nothing but patience if you're willing to wait.

I'm completely fine with the 'pay extra to get things fast' model for the HD. The scrolls are the only thing you're effectively forced to pay money for, and if you spread that cost over the 300 or whatever slots that's incredibly cheap.
No support, I'm afraid. Perhaps if money was hard to come by on this site, yes, but FR is extremely generous. Even if you don't click with G&G shock switch is pretty fast to max out 75kt a day, and unhatched eggs can cost nothing but patience if you're willing to wait.

I'm completely fine with the 'pay extra to get things fast' model for the HD. The scrolls are the only thing you're effectively forced to pay money for, and if you spread that cost over the 300 or whatever slots that's incredibly cheap.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
What I would like to see happen with the Hibernal Slot Tasks is a feature to see what I have completed and what is left. It's nice to be able to see all tasks, but being able to view them in completed and to-do would be nice. (Kind of like how the Beastiary shows you what you have discovered and what you have not.)
What I would like to see happen with the Hibernal Slot Tasks is a feature to see what I have completed and what is left. It's nice to be able to see all tasks, but being able to view them in completed and to-do would be nice. (Kind of like how the Beastiary shows you what you have discovered and what you have not.)
HzGpUHb.png
I'm going to add a "no support" and not too much else because everyone else has already made points much better than I could. I get not wanting to pay for the slots, because I absolutely don't want to sacrifice eggs or tons of effort/money for boss familiars for the slots, but... oh well. Devs made it that way, so that's the way I'll do it.

One feature that I would love to see added (and should possibly make a separate suggestion for) is the ability to view the slots in groups. Or like, maybe complete the tasks in groups? Like, so you can see "Oh, this is red group, that means it's first and that I've been putting it off since very early on since I'm now on purple group." Or like, numbers for the den tasks in the order you get them in, at least. "Oh look, I still need to do task 35, but I'm otherwise all the way up to 167." It'd make it much easier to communicate about.

And in addition to that, something like "Training Field Tasks" with all the ones that have items you get from the Training Fields. "Clothes Tasks" for ones that take clothes. "Egg tasks" shows all the egg ones. These aren't different ways to complete them, just a way to easily sort the big total lists of what's completed or not, so you can get an easier idea for what you need to gather to unlock the slots after all those eggs and pricey genes or whatever. (I know there's the big list, it's just hard to sift through.)

I like the idea of a snooze button, but I'd want it to just push it to like, say, the eleventh slot. So if you've got ten hard tasks but the next five are easy, then you can get to the five easy ones, and then get stuck with eleven hard tasks. But... then that ultimately doesn't do much, so.... I dunno. It's working as intended, and I like it fine, even if I don't wanna sacrifice orphan unborn dragon babies because I'm too sentimental.
I'm going to add a "no support" and not too much else because everyone else has already made points much better than I could. I get not wanting to pay for the slots, because I absolutely don't want to sacrifice eggs or tons of effort/money for boss familiars for the slots, but... oh well. Devs made it that way, so that's the way I'll do it.

One feature that I would love to see added (and should possibly make a separate suggestion for) is the ability to view the slots in groups. Or like, maybe complete the tasks in groups? Like, so you can see "Oh, this is red group, that means it's first and that I've been putting it off since very early on since I'm now on purple group." Or like, numbers for the den tasks in the order you get them in, at least. "Oh look, I still need to do task 35, but I'm otherwise all the way up to 167." It'd make it much easier to communicate about.

And in addition to that, something like "Training Field Tasks" with all the ones that have items you get from the Training Fields. "Clothes Tasks" for ones that take clothes. "Egg tasks" shows all the egg ones. These aren't different ways to complete them, just a way to easily sort the big total lists of what's completed or not, so you can get an easier idea for what you need to gather to unlock the slots after all those eggs and pricey genes or whatever. (I know there's the big list, it's just hard to sift through.)

I like the idea of a snooze button, but I'd want it to just push it to like, say, the eleventh slot. So if you've got ten hard tasks but the next five are easy, then you can get to the five easy ones, and then get stuck with eleven hard tasks. But... then that ultimately doesn't do much, so.... I dunno. It's working as intended, and I like it fine, even if I don't wanna sacrifice orphan unborn dragon babies because I'm too sentimental.
girl_icon_by_orgetzu-d8qm7bc.pngping_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z0s1w.pnghatchery_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z17md.pngart_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1fu6.pnggen_1_sale_icon___orange_by_orgetzu-d9zwj8j.png
bubble_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1pvh.png
unicorn_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z1xrd.pnghouse_icon_z_by_orgetzu-d9z2r3i.pngwinter_icon_by_orgetzu-d9z2szz.pngfrog_icon_by_orgetzu-d9zwkt5.pngpixel_potatoes_by_orgetzu-d9z0pkl.gif Some of these pixels go places....
To be honest I'd love this.

I'm basically just...done with the Hibernal Den, against my will. I absolutely cannot afford eggs, my account RNG hates me and I *never* find them, and up until this point I have been able to coli grind and brew everything I've needed.

To say that I've had it "easy", or that my earned slots "cost nothing", is a bit insulting - because I put in HUGE effort to "pay nothing" for my earned slots. I didn't actually pay nothing. I paid in time and effort - and a lot of it, too, because as I said, my RNG is absolute trash. It took me weeks to get some of those coli drops. I didn't get it for free at all. In fact, buying the items would have been way easier, but ya know...I'm poor lol

The fact that I can't earn my way through every single task is kind of a bummer. I'll probably never finish the quests I have right now - so it would be lovely to be able to finish what I can.

Ironically, the ONE egg I've ever found, a Nature Egg, is not one of my quests. It literally wants every other egg except the one I have. And I bet if I sell it and use the gems to buy the ones it wants, the next one that pops up will be a Nature Egg.

I'm the minority here but I would love for every task to be visible and completable. I did NOT get my slots for free. I busted my butt for them!
To be honest I'd love this.

I'm basically just...done with the Hibernal Den, against my will. I absolutely cannot afford eggs, my account RNG hates me and I *never* find them, and up until this point I have been able to coli grind and brew everything I've needed.

To say that I've had it "easy", or that my earned slots "cost nothing", is a bit insulting - because I put in HUGE effort to "pay nothing" for my earned slots. I didn't actually pay nothing. I paid in time and effort - and a lot of it, too, because as I said, my RNG is absolute trash. It took me weeks to get some of those coli drops. I didn't get it for free at all. In fact, buying the items would have been way easier, but ya know...I'm poor lol

The fact that I can't earn my way through every single task is kind of a bummer. I'll probably never finish the quests I have right now - so it would be lovely to be able to finish what I can.

Ironically, the ONE egg I've ever found, a Nature Egg, is not one of my quests. It literally wants every other egg except the one I have. And I bet if I sell it and use the gems to buy the ones it wants, the next one that pops up will be a Nature Egg.

I'm the minority here but I would love for every task to be visible and completable. I did NOT get my slots for free. I busted my butt for them!
nZzzLxJ.png Horror aesthetic/lore lair
Weird goblin hermit
She/Her
.......................... Massive Horror fan
Gamer
Writer
zwGyDvx.png
I'm going to have to agree with Vendrus--it is very easy to get enough money on this site to buy eggs, apparel, and even the boss familiars to fund the Hibernal Den tasks if you aren't willing to wait for RNG to bless you. I can't find a den item that would take longer than 10 days of maxing out the fairgrounds cap to just buy outright. Even so, I have 295 den slots and the most I've actually paid in money was, like, 25kt for some apparel that I didn't already have, or the occasional familiar duplicate. All of the rest were things that I dumped gathering turns into.

I think the bottom line is, it's fine if you don't think a single den slot is worth sacrificing an egg for, but, like others have said, you're also paying for access to the slots that can be bought with random junk you already have.
I'm going to have to agree with Vendrus--it is very easy to get enough money on this site to buy eggs, apparel, and even the boss familiars to fund the Hibernal Den tasks if you aren't willing to wait for RNG to bless you. I can't find a den item that would take longer than 10 days of maxing out the fairgrounds cap to just buy outright. Even so, I have 295 den slots and the most I've actually paid in money was, like, 25kt for some apparel that I didn't already have, or the occasional familiar duplicate. All of the rest were things that I dumped gathering turns into.

I think the bottom line is, it's fine if you don't think a single den slot is worth sacrificing an egg for, but, like others have said, you're also paying for access to the slots that can be bought with random junk you already have.
An Ice emblem on a background made of ice and lava. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground.An Ice emblem on a background of ice shaped like a Christmas ornament. It briefly shimmers.An Ice Flight banner. The Ice emblem briefly grows icicles, which fall to the ground."An
I'm going to (gently, kindly) say "no support". I get it that the tasks are frustrating, I unlocked my entire HD and wanted to scream when I had to give up boss familiars and eggs, especially when I had to pay for them because RNGesus does not love me. (I'm very glad that the HD has not asked for, say, Golem Workshop familiars or Sprites.) But unfortunately I feel like this would end up negatively affecting the economy. It sucks, a lot, I know, but I feel like the alternative would end up sucking worse in the longer term.
I'm going to (gently, kindly) say "no support". I get it that the tasks are frustrating, I unlocked my entire HD and wanted to scream when I had to give up boss familiars and eggs, especially when I had to pay for them because RNGesus does not love me. (I'm very glad that the HD has not asked for, say, Golem Workshop familiars or Sprites.) But unfortunately I feel like this would end up negatively affecting the economy. It sucks, a lot, I know, but I feel like the alternative would end up sucking worse in the longer term.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
I'm one of those people who don't necessarily need a bunch of slots but are doing the less costly ones mostly for the sake of doing them, and having some spare slots if they're needed in the future for anything. I have no plans on yeeting an Egg or Scroll or Boss Fam at the Hibden when selling one of those for Gems would unlock numerous Gem Slots as opposed to one Task slot. I disagree with people saying "you're actually using those Eggs to pay for the cheaper slots", because no, you aren't; you've already covered those cheaper slots with the items they ask for.

I think a fair compromise between not allowing people to skip tasks endlessly to get only cheap ones and not being able to skip at all would be to impose some sort of limit on how many tasks you could skip and also how often, on top of making it cost <x> amount of Treasure.

For example (numbers are random and not based on anything) you could skip say five tasks, and each one requires you to wait double the time period of the last to unlock, and also the cost doubles from the previous one. So the first skip would cost 10kT and you need to wait three days to skip again, next skip costs 20kT and you need to wait six days to skip again, next skip costs 40kT and you need to wait twelve days to skip again, then 80kT/24 days, then 160kT/48 days. After the fifth skip either you can't skip anymore, or after 60 days it could reset back to 10kT/3 days and so on.

This way there'd still be the treasure sink feature, and people couldn't just keep endlessly shuffling tasks to get the free ones (and I'm not sure that would even be possible, given the tasks are in the same order for everyone I believe, and that would be more strain on the server trying to keep track of where thousands of different Hibden lists are).
I'm one of those people who don't necessarily need a bunch of slots but are doing the less costly ones mostly for the sake of doing them, and having some spare slots if they're needed in the future for anything. I have no plans on yeeting an Egg or Scroll or Boss Fam at the Hibden when selling one of those for Gems would unlock numerous Gem Slots as opposed to one Task slot. I disagree with people saying "you're actually using those Eggs to pay for the cheaper slots", because no, you aren't; you've already covered those cheaper slots with the items they ask for.

I think a fair compromise between not allowing people to skip tasks endlessly to get only cheap ones and not being able to skip at all would be to impose some sort of limit on how many tasks you could skip and also how often, on top of making it cost <x> amount of Treasure.

For example (numbers are random and not based on anything) you could skip say five tasks, and each one requires you to wait double the time period of the last to unlock, and also the cost doubles from the previous one. So the first skip would cost 10kT and you need to wait three days to skip again, next skip costs 20kT and you need to wait six days to skip again, next skip costs 40kT and you need to wait twelve days to skip again, then 80kT/24 days, then 160kT/48 days. After the fifth skip either you can't skip anymore, or after 60 days it could reset back to 10kT/3 days and so on.

This way there'd still be the treasure sink feature, and people couldn't just keep endlessly shuffling tasks to get the free ones (and I'm not sure that would even be possible, given the tasks are in the same order for everyone I believe, and that would be more strain on the server trying to keep track of where thousands of different Hibden lists are).
0lSM1SJ.png t1eU2lt.pngWishlist
1 2