Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Regular veggies, fruits and trading post
(Sorry if this has been suggested before)

Now

Why don’t we have common veggies and fruits like chilies, potatoes, tomatoes, dragonfruits, oranges and other greens like broccoli and sugar snaps? They’re common enough, and veery familiar, so why not have them in game?

In addition, adding in a cook to the trading post would be a nice touch, alongside the new food items.

The name? Chris’s cookery catastrophe, or Brie’s baking bonanza, hosted by an excitable fire-element coatl. It’d work similarly to Baldwin’s bubbling brew, but would enable the player to create better food items out of regular ones, and could produce different tiers of items that add more food points, or increase your max lucky streak/slightly heighten your stats in the coliseum when consumed by a dragon. (These could only be used once every day, though)

Foods like chicken and mushroom stew to be made with brie/Chris could give the player meat and plant points, and make inventories less cluttered, plus adding a leveling system that gives you different rewards based on your level, alongside unlocking new dishes, could produce a good reception for our new chef!
Rewards can be apparel (frying pans, chef hats, chef coats and various other cook related items), rare dishes, treasure, or new Baldwin recipes (such as brewing the frying pan, coat, hat etc etc instead of receiving it via level-up)

What do y’all think?
———————
EDIT:

Think back on this idea from what other’s said, instead of it being like Baldwin (like I said because I didn’t know how it would be done) it could be similar to Nintendo’s cooking mama. Except the recipes can only be done once unless you press a button to redo the mini game (perhaps to get a higher score, and better quality food items every time it’s automatically made)

(Sorry if this has been suggested before)

Now

Why don’t we have common veggies and fruits like chilies, potatoes, tomatoes, dragonfruits, oranges and other greens like broccoli and sugar snaps? They’re common enough, and veery familiar, so why not have them in game?

In addition, adding in a cook to the trading post would be a nice touch, alongside the new food items.

The name? Chris’s cookery catastrophe, or Brie’s baking bonanza, hosted by an excitable fire-element coatl. It’d work similarly to Baldwin’s bubbling brew, but would enable the player to create better food items out of regular ones, and could produce different tiers of items that add more food points, or increase your max lucky streak/slightly heighten your stats in the coliseum when consumed by a dragon. (These could only be used once every day, though)

Foods like chicken and mushroom stew to be made with brie/Chris could give the player meat and plant points, and make inventories less cluttered, plus adding a leveling system that gives you different rewards based on your level, alongside unlocking new dishes, could produce a good reception for our new chef!
Rewards can be apparel (frying pans, chef hats, chef coats and various other cook related items), rare dishes, treasure, or new Baldwin recipes (such as brewing the frying pan, coat, hat etc etc instead of receiving it via level-up)

What do y’all think?
———————
EDIT:

Think back on this idea from what other’s said, instead of it being like Baldwin (like I said because I didn’t know how it would be done) it could be similar to Nintendo’s cooking mama. Except the recipes can only be done once unless you press a button to redo the mini game (perhaps to get a higher score, and better quality food items every time it’s automatically made)

pTjbLr0.png
Bingo
They/Them
+8 FRT
My username is RBG, not RGB
HotnSpicy’s Beauty Tips and Tricks
[nextcol]Blank blank blank[nextcol]blank blank blank[nextcol]
I have always wanted a cooking mechanic, but I don't want it to be in the trading post.

The majority of trading post mechanics are more along the lines of 'click a button, then wait 30 minutes or an hour, or longer, and do it again'. They are nice, but not very engaging.

I want a cooking mechanic where the user has to actively engage it and not just click a couple of buttons then wait for a few hours.

For instance, you would have to 'prepare' ingredients, and discover recipes (perhaps even experiment to find recipes), and then combine ingredients, and so on, only after that would a user be able to 'start cooking' the item and then have to wait.

You could take pretty much any organic materials and any food items and combine them to make them worth more food points, and even have combination food points, such as a 'sampler platter' that could have food points from all four groups.

I am not sure about having boosts for other areas of the game, as those would have to be really balanced well, otherwise they could either be too hard to create/to limited in use, so practically no one would ever use them, or they would be too overpowered and everyone would be using them, and pouring treasure/items into the game.

This is why I feel that a cooking mechanic would be better suited to the lair page, as an extension of the lair itself, and you could then assign a 'cook' from one of your dragons. This might even make another area where dragons could become 'valuable' by having a 'level' for cooking. The more your dragon cooks, the better they become, and the higher their level. The higher the level, the more recipes they have access to and the better items they could produce.

I feel that FR needs more mechanics that players can engage with like the coliseum, rather than more mechanics like the trading post ones (and don't get me wrong, I love the trading post, I just don't think that shoving all new mechanics in there is a good thing).

The other issue I have with trading post mechanics is that it can be difficult to make mechanics that are distinct from any other mechanic there, and I feel that new trading post slots should be. It would become incredibly boring to just have constant reskins of baldwin or swipp, because we already know how they work and there is nothing new. Plus, it can become confusing at a certain point when you have several mechanics that are pretty much the same, but you then have to remember which one does what.
I have always wanted a cooking mechanic, but I don't want it to be in the trading post.

The majority of trading post mechanics are more along the lines of 'click a button, then wait 30 minutes or an hour, or longer, and do it again'. They are nice, but not very engaging.

I want a cooking mechanic where the user has to actively engage it and not just click a couple of buttons then wait for a few hours.

For instance, you would have to 'prepare' ingredients, and discover recipes (perhaps even experiment to find recipes), and then combine ingredients, and so on, only after that would a user be able to 'start cooking' the item and then have to wait.

You could take pretty much any organic materials and any food items and combine them to make them worth more food points, and even have combination food points, such as a 'sampler platter' that could have food points from all four groups.

I am not sure about having boosts for other areas of the game, as those would have to be really balanced well, otherwise they could either be too hard to create/to limited in use, so practically no one would ever use them, or they would be too overpowered and everyone would be using them, and pouring treasure/items into the game.

This is why I feel that a cooking mechanic would be better suited to the lair page, as an extension of the lair itself, and you could then assign a 'cook' from one of your dragons. This might even make another area where dragons could become 'valuable' by having a 'level' for cooking. The more your dragon cooks, the better they become, and the higher their level. The higher the level, the more recipes they have access to and the better items they could produce.

I feel that FR needs more mechanics that players can engage with like the coliseum, rather than more mechanics like the trading post ones (and don't get me wrong, I love the trading post, I just don't think that shoving all new mechanics in there is a good thing).

The other issue I have with trading post mechanics is that it can be difficult to make mechanics that are distinct from any other mechanic there, and I feel that new trading post slots should be. It would become incredibly boring to just have constant reskins of baldwin or swipp, because we already know how they work and there is nothing new. Plus, it can become confusing at a certain point when you have several mechanics that are pretty much the same, but you then have to remember which one does what.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I really like this idea!
I really like this idea!
Yes to cooking ideas! I'm all for new cooking ideas. The lore of Flight Rising indicates dragons have a rich history with food. Broth, soups, sauces, and wraps are all mentioned at one point. Having a cooking station would be a great addition. Maybe even add a universal food type for when certain recipes mix plant and seafood or something like that.
Yes to cooking ideas! I'm all for new cooking ideas. The lore of Flight Rising indicates dragons have a rich history with food. Broth, soups, sauces, and wraps are all mentioned at one point. Having a cooking station would be a great addition. Maybe even add a universal food type for when certain recipes mix plant and seafood or something like that.
Y02PS6v.png
[quote name="Alize" date="2020-11-23 16:12:37" ] Yes to cooking ideas! I'm all for new cooking ideas. The lore of Flight Rising indicates dragons have a rich history with food. Broth, soups, sauces, and wraps are all mentioned at one point. Having a cooking station would be a great addition. Maybe even add a universal food type for when certain recipes mix plant and seafood or something like that. [/quote] I love the idea of adding in foods from each flight and exploring more what each flight would have/need in food, and I'd even enjoy sort of a separate recipe unlock schedule for each flight's unique style. For example, I'd expect Wind dragons to have a lot of travel food- breads with a lot of fruit/nuts in them, trail mixes and granola type foods, stuff like that. In contrast Ice probably doesn't travel much at all because it's hard to fly through a snowstorm, and I'd expect them to eat a lot of hearty foods like stews, as well as a million different clan recipes for hot drinks. I'd expect Light to have a lot of fancy and delicate dessert foods plus cornering the market on caffeine, and Arcane to have a bunch of weird experimental foods and also whatever the Sornieth equivalent to a meal in a bottle is. Dangit now I miss the FRD recipes thread Unique food items during festivals would also be a nice addition- I don't think they should retire, just cycle in annually for their flight's fest. It'd be a nice way of making the fests feel more like other flights trying out the celebrating flight's food and by extension traditions, in addition to just coming home with a bunch of neat party favors XD
Alize wrote on 2020-11-23 16:12:37:
I love the idea of adding in foods from each flight and exploring more what each flight would have/need in food, and I'd even enjoy sort of a separate recipe unlock schedule for each flight's unique style.
For example, I'd expect Wind dragons to have a lot of travel food- breads with a lot of fruit/nuts in them, trail mixes and granola type foods, stuff like that. In contrast Ice probably doesn't travel much at all because it's hard to fly through a snowstorm, and I'd expect them to eat a lot of hearty foods like stews, as well as a million different clan recipes for hot drinks. I'd expect Light to have a lot of fancy and delicate dessert foods plus cornering the market on caffeine, and Arcane to have a bunch of weird experimental foods and also whatever the Sornieth equivalent to a meal in a bottle is.
Dangit now I miss the FRD recipes thread

Unique food items during festivals would also be a nice addition- I don't think they should retire, just cycle in annually for their flight's fest. It'd be a nice way of making the fests feel more like other flights trying out the celebrating flight's food and by extension traditions, in addition to just coming home with a bunch of neat party favors XD
wq9PoXA.png
I would love to have a cooking mechanic as long as it's not a reskin of Baldwin or Swipp.
I would love to have a cooking mechanic as long as it's not a reskin of Baldwin or Swipp.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="BlueJaysFeather" date="2020-11-23 17:02:32" ] Unique food items during festivals would also be a nice addition- I don't think they should retire, just cycle in annually for their flight's fest. It'd be a nice way of making the fests feel more like other flights trying out the celebrating flight's food and by extension traditions, in addition to just coming home with a bunch of neat party favors XD [/quote] This is a wonderful idea! We already have cycling food items for the micro holidays. It shouldn't be hard to do the same for the other festivals.

BlueJaysFeather wrote on 2020-11-23 17:02:32:
Unique food items during festivals would also be a nice addition- I don't think they should retire, just cycle in annually for their flight's fest. It'd be a nice way of making the fests feel more like other flights trying out the celebrating flight's food and by extension traditions, in addition to just coming home with a bunch of neat party favors XD

This is a wonderful idea! We already have cycling food items for the micro holidays. It shouldn't be hard to do the same for the other festivals.
Y02PS6v.png
I like this idea! And the variations of implementation suggested. Basically any version of a cooking mechanic that uses this massive amount of food items would be fun. I wouldn't mind it being similar to Baldwin's, but also actual minigames would be fun. Seems like more work to create, but I am down for anything that gives me another use for food, especially one that leads to getting more food points for doing something.
I like this idea! And the variations of implementation suggested. Basically any version of a cooking mechanic that uses this massive amount of food items would be fun. I wouldn't mind it being similar to Baldwin's, but also actual minigames would be fun. Seems like more work to create, but I am down for anything that gives me another use for food, especially one that leads to getting more food points for doing something.
eP65k0J.png
I absolutely LOVE the idea, and agree with Jemadar's suggestion re: how to implement this so it's not a clone of Baldwin. This would be fun, I would use it; Bork would appreciate it for sure: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/47149672][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/471497/47149672_350.png[/img][/url] "Bork bork bork!"
I absolutely LOVE the idea, and agree with Jemadar's suggestion re: how to implement this so it's not a clone of Baldwin. This would be fun, I would use it; Bork would appreciate it for sure:

47149672_350.png

"Bork bork bork!"
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
Love this idea! Trading Post needs tradesdragons. A chef, florist, tailor, smith, etc...

Support 100%
Love this idea! Trading Post needs tradesdragons. A chef, florist, tailor, smith, etc...

Support 100%
Oh Boy
Any Pronouns
BLM